TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEALER)

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Re: NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEALER)

Postby kamakazi » April 16th, 2017, 2:10 am

Thanks for the update man... Any fuel treatments being used.

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » April 16th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Only when i change oil every 5000km i trow a amsoil diesel treatment in d tank, daiz it

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEALER)

Postby car » April 16th, 2017, 8:12 pm

kamakazi wrote:Couple of things.
Does anyone know if the ulsd plant in the refinery is operational yet; I must also remind people that the process of removing the sulphur to ulsd levels reduces the lubricity of the fuel.

Changing fuel filters more often does nothing to mitigate the effects of our grade diesel.

Changing your oil often only helps with soot that has made it past the piston rings... Doesn't help with the soot going into the turbine of the turbo charger, nor the vnt vanes, nor the exhaust nor the intake if you have exhaust gas recirculation. Also since soot is mainly the result of incomplete combustion, both the KD and the GD require a cetane value of 48; I do not think we have that in TnT.

If you are among the first to buy into new tech... Be prepared to be the tester. A new vehicle that costs upwards of a quarter mil is not among the items I want to test right now. I find a year is still to short in terms of the life cycle of the engine to make a decision on long term reliability.

ULSD will be ready in 2019. That is the timeline they working with.
2020 is my estimate.

Also the sulphur content for modern diesel engine requirement is around 500 ppm or less.
Diesel in Trinidad is 3000-4400ppm.

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » April 16th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Well so far my revo works so much better than the np300, from my research the 1kd and 1gd engines fuel spec are the same

rharripersad
Ricer

Postby rharripersad » May 30th, 2017, 1:49 am

baby hulk wrote:Well so far my revo works so much better than the np300, from my research the 1kd and 1gd engines fuel spec are the same

Which dealer did you purchase from? I want one lol

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » August 7th, 2018, 3:13 am

deluxequill wrote:Hey Folks......I'm in the market for a 2016 Toyota Hilux (Revo). I'm torn between the offering from the Roll on Roll off dealers who bringing them in brand new all tricked out with all the cool features AND the new 1GD-FTV 2.8 Engine VS Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited with the new shape body with the old 1KD-FTV 3.0 Engine, minus the cool features and HiD headlights. Both parties offering a three year warranty or 100,000KM, which ever comes first. RORO dealer is $299K fully loaded with leather interior and TTTL is $285K Fabric interior. The only thing the TTTL model has that the RORO dealer doesn't is 18" wheels. :roll:

Points I'm considering:

1. I've been hearing that the sulphur content of our diesel is extremely high. I've went so far as to email NP to enquire about this, whether it is true or not. No reply received to date (that was two weeks ago). Not surprised about that!!

2. TTTL is saying that our diesel is not compatible with the new GD engine. RORO dealer is saying that is BS and that once you change the oil regularly and use a good additive it should not cause any problems.

3. I've also read that the new GD engine has a Diesel particle Filter (or is it particulate....i stand to be corrected), which clogs very easily due to the quality of our diesel here. Again....the RORO dealer insists that regular servicing will prevent any damage to the filter.

4. couple days ago, I spoke to a sales rep at TTTL who indicated that TTTL will be bringing in the new shape Hilux with the new GD engine some time in the future and that they are in the process of making it compatible with our diesel. He has to be new!! lol
He also indicated that TTTL will be bringing in a fully loaded Leather Hilux Revo to hit the showrooms in the first week in December.......he could not say what the features were going to be other than it WILL have the old 1KD 3.0 engine :shock:

I'm seriously confused here!!! Any advice on which model to purchase will be greatly appreciated!!
so basically an expensive facelift selling n ent in 2018 .. they bringing d new engine now .. smh

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » March 11th, 2019, 9:18 am

any reviews on the TTTL Hilux 2.8l vs the Rollon Rolloff version ?
since November 2017 TTTL have been selling the 2.8l engine.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”