TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEALER)

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

deluxequill
Riding on 13's

NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEALER)

Postby deluxequill » November 11th, 2015, 7:09 pm

Hey Folks......I'm in the market for a 2016 Toyota Hilux (Revo). I'm torn between the offering from the Roll on Roll off dealers who bringing them in brand new all tricked out with all the cool features AND the new 1GD-FTV 2.8 Engine VS Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited with the new shape body with the old 1KD-FTV 3.0 Engine, minus the cool features and HiD headlights. Both parties offering a three year warranty or 100,000KM, which ever comes first. RORO dealer is $299K fully loaded with leather interior and TTTL is $285K Fabric interior. The only thing the TTTL model has that the RORO dealer doesn't is 18" wheels. :roll:

Points I'm considering:

1. I've been hearing that the sulphur content of our diesel is extremely high. I've went so far as to email NP to enquire about this, whether it is true or not. No reply received to date (that was two weeks ago). Not surprised about that!!

2. TTTL is saying that our diesel is not compatible with the new GD engine. RORO dealer is saying that is BS and that once you change the oil regularly and use a good additive it should not cause any problems.

3. I've also read that the new GD engine has a Diesel particle Filter (or is it particulate....i stand to be corrected), which clogs very easily due to the quality of our diesel here. Again....the RORO dealer insists that regular servicing will prevent any damage to the filter.

4. couple days ago, I spoke to a sales rep at TTTL who indicated that TTTL will be bringing in the new shape Hilux with the new GD engine some time in the future and that they are in the process of making it compatible with our diesel. He has to be new!! lol
He also indicated that TTTL will be bringing in a fully loaded Leather Hilux Revo to hit the showrooms in the first week in December.......he could not say what the features were going to be other than it WILL have the old 1KD 3.0 engine :shock:

I'm seriously confused here!!! Any advice on which model to purchase will be greatly appreciated!!

amarmoonasar21
Street 2NR

Re: NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEAL

Postby amarmoonasar21 » November 11th, 2015, 7:35 pm

One thing i can say is the 1kd engine does work perfect stress free cant say how good the new engine will work

deluxequill
Riding on 13's

Postby deluxequill » November 11th, 2015, 7:43 pm

^^^ Well that's what the TTTL sales reps say. that the 1KD is tried and tested. Understandably so.....but a lot of R & D has gone into this new 1GD engine. thanks for the input tho

p 777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby p 777 » November 11th, 2015, 10:03 pm

https://www.dieselnet.com/news/2015/06toyota.php

The Hilux 2.8 model that most foreign used dealers are bringing don't have the Dpf filter, they have something call the DOC filter which was fitted onto the previous 1kd Diesel engine in the Hilux. I believe sooner or later tttl will havta go with the new engine.

deluxequill
Riding on 13's

Postby deluxequill » November 12th, 2015, 12:59 pm

^^^ and that's what the sales rep at TTTTL was saying.....that they will at some point introduce the new engine. Probably that's why TTTL said at the initial launch that the prices are going to be raised next year.

deluxequill
Riding on 13's

Postby deluxequill » November 12th, 2015, 1:05 pm

p 777 wrote:https://www.dieselnet.com/news/2015/06toyota.php

The Hilux 2.8 model that most foreign used dealers are bringing don't have the Dpf filter, they have something call the DOC filter which was fitted onto the previous 1kd Diesel engine in the Hilux. I believe sooner or later tttl will havta go with the new engine.

Very interesting information btw!!

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » November 13th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Maybe Toyota have a extra 2KD engines and they sending them to certain countries first, like TNT.

deluxequill
Riding on 13's

Postby deluxequill » November 13th, 2015, 11:12 pm

I've been hearing that theory......that Toyota has an excess of 1KD engines as the old model body is discontinued. Ofc the 1KD engine....being an older model will obviously cost less to TTTL......normal thing......old model vehicle at new model prices :roll:

G1_k07
Riding on 13's

Postby G1_k07 » November 24th, 2015, 11:06 am

Anyone figured out how to update the nav system on the new revo (roro)? Got mines on Friday, no complaints as yet.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » December 12th, 2015, 4:50 pm

The thing is with TTTl they would never be straight with you

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » December 12th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Particulate Filter.

Rishi69
Ricer

Postby Rishi69 » December 18th, 2015, 6:43 am

With my experience with diesel vehicles just change your fuel filter every
3000klms because our diesel sucks

avDogfood
Riding on 13's

Postby avDogfood » January 10th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Does the new gd engine really have more pep? And any1 know if it will be more durable than 1kd

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » January 11th, 2016, 9:41 pm

Don't know if this is true but there are 3 revo sold by maska or m rampersad that the engines are damaged

badart
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby badart » January 30th, 2016, 10:37 pm

GD being a new engine I would give it a few years to sort out any problems and also with the quality of diesel in T&T i would stick to the 1KD. The GD would work but it has a much higher injector pressure than the 1KD and combined with out quality of diesel may lead to early injector problems. Time will tell. By the way any one has the GD? Any problems as yet?

Vinesh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Vinesh » February 15th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Last edited by Vinesh on May 19th, 2016, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » February 15th, 2016, 8:23 pm

My partner bought one from Maska drives good and I brought from TTTL

sk1111
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sk1111 » February 17th, 2016, 3:39 pm

I have a new prado from England with the 1kd-ftv. It does have a DPF filter. If you don't give the van a good run on the highway every week or so it smokes a ton until it burns off what's collected in the DPF, very embarrassing.

There are companies that will reprogram the ECU and get rid of the DPF program you must then physically remove the DPF.

I would avoid the GD RORO offerings right now because there is a DPF in there and for now you cannot reprogram the ECU to get rid of the DPF.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » February 18th, 2016, 11:38 am

sk1111 wrote:I have a new prado from England with the 1kd-ftv. It does have a DPF filter. If you don't give the van a good run on the highway every week or so it smokes a ton until it burns off what's collected in the DPF, very embarrassing.

There are companies that will reprogram the ECU and get rid of the DPF program you must then physically remove the DPF.

I would avoid the GD RORO offerings right now because there is a DPF in there and for now you cannot reprogram the ECU to get rid of the DPF.

true that

aesstt
Riding on 13's

Postby aesstt » March 16th, 2016, 8:28 am

It is possible to remap the ECM on the Prado 1KD and remove the DPF. Give me a call to get the service done within 24hours.

driveshaft
3NE 2NR for life

Postby driveshaft » August 15th, 2016, 1:00 pm

aesstt wrote:It is possible to remap the ECM on the Prado 1KD and remove the DPF. Give me a call to get the service done within 24hours.

hey where u located?
send number or call me on 7140882

IDK123
Street 2NR

Re: NEW HILUX REVO.....ROLL ON ROLL OFF DEALER VS TTTL (DEALER)

Postby IDK123 » August 23rd, 2016, 12:03 am

Found this old news paper article that says petrotri took steps to be part of the ultra low sulphur program back in 2012 to be able to sell to foreign nations. We need to stop believing every rumor we hear without any solid proof.

Why toyota didn't bother running the gd engine for testing and document the findings? Cause it cheaper for them to sell a outdated engine when they themselves will have to use the GD pretty soon, but in the meantime they getting rid of old stocks

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/business ... 02051.html

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » September 12th, 2016, 11:32 am

Have you read the above testimony of someone with the DPF on their Prado??
only time will tell when these 1GD engine start to give problems..... I've heard some people have problems already with Hiace that come with the DPF on them ....as for the ULSD plant that isn't going to be completed anytime soon as Petrotrin has some major structural issues to deal with after Samsung came and did a lot of sheit on that plant

IDK123
Street 2NR

Postby IDK123 » September 18th, 2016, 8:35 pm

Yea the testimony states that he has a 1kd engine from England That has dpf on it. 1GD being sold to south American countries, which t&t falls under does not have the dpf.

Also I asked Toyota South Africa what is the max PPM the 1GD could handle they said 500 PPM (clearly nor ULSD)this is the same recommendation as the 1KD.

And to top it off T&T diesel rating is 500 to 1000 PPM. Better than most of our neighbors except barbados that has ULSD diesel since 2013.

1GD has been out for what a year now in T&T can anyone that has one comment if they have had issues ?

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » November 7th, 2016, 11:18 pm

That GD is one sweet engine, very refined 3months no problems so far

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 8th, 2016, 12:52 am

Couple of things.
Does anyone know if the ulsd plant in the refinery is operational yet; I must also remind people that the process of removing the sulphur to ulsd levels reduces the lubricity of the fuel.

Changing fuel filters more often does nothing to mitigate the effects of our grade diesel.

Changing your oil often only helps with soot that has made it past the piston rings... Doesn't help with the soot going into the turbine of the turbo charger, nor the vnt vanes, nor the exhaust nor the intake if you have exhaust gas recirculation. Also since soot is mainly the result of incomplete combustion, both the KD and the GD require a cetane value of 48; I do not think we have that in TnT.

If you are among the first to buy into new tech... Be prepared to be the tester. A new vehicle that costs upwards of a quarter mil is not among the items I want to test right now. I find a year is still to short in terms of the life cycle of the engine to make a decision on long term reliability.

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » November 12th, 2016, 9:10 am

No DPF in d REVO straight pipe after the turbo

matthewb
Ricer

Postby matthewb » December 17th, 2016, 10:05 pm

Anybody hav any comments on the 2.4 4x2 revo model sold by maska or mrampersad

aesstt
Riding on 13's

Postby aesstt » February 6th, 2017, 2:40 am

Guys, The 1GD-FTV engines that come from Europe in the Prado are able to remapped removing the DPF and the Adblue system. No problems call 716 4122

baby hulk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby baby hulk » April 15th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Good day just an update, my 2.8 hilux revo is now doing 25000km and works sweet as ever, my collegue revo is doing bout 50000km and works just as good he says, notting besides normal maintenance items changed so far

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”