TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hard Start Rav 4

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Hard Start Rav 4

Postby triniboi49 » May 25th, 2016, 3:01 pm

My 2006 Rav 4 is hard starting. No one seems to be able to solve the problem. The injectors have been cleaned, the throttle body serviced, fuel regulator changed, its been pressure tested and battery changed.

In the morning it starts well. If I switch off for a few minutes it starts well but if I leave it a few hours I get the problem.

I'm not sure what to do next or who to take it to.

Any suggestions?

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Re: Hard Start Rav 4

Postby trini iceman » May 25th, 2016, 5:04 pm

It only needs to sit or it needs to be hot? Do you get fuel prime on first key turn? Do you get stalling? You get spark one time? Seeing all the parts changed I doubt You Can answer that. If I'm to solve this I need to see to vehicle. When you ready 3981404

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Hard Start Rav 4

Postby triniboi49 » June 11th, 2016, 10:52 am

So as an FYI if anybody else ever got the same issue. It was the fuel filter. I am very disappointed that Toyota Trinidad Was not able to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. I took it to them at least 3 times this year and the response was we not seeing the error and they need time to keep trying and of course each try cost me money.

Trini ice man was able to point out that the problem was either filter or pump related and the tank needed to be pulled. And the mechanic who fixed it did just that.

Toyota needs some experienced technicians.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”