TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Rush - To buy or not to buy

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Patelle
Ricer

Postby Patelle » November 3rd, 2016, 8:03 pm

I am about to purchase my first vehicle and I'm really loving the Toyota Rush 2014. However, I'm a bit worried about acquiring parts, fuel consumption etc. Does anyone have experience with these vehicles? I'd really appreciate some input.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Toyota Rush - To buy or not to buy

Postby ramishrrr » November 4th, 2016, 5:26 pm

This vehicle is an excuse for a SUV.

It is made by Diahatsu, a subsidiary of Toyota. It is sold as the Diahatsu BeGo also.
It may be durable and reliable, but it is as exciting to drive as watching grass grow.
It is very slow compared to other vehicles with same engine size.

If you want a nice riding, responsive, comforable, modern crossover/SUV, go for the Nissan Juke.
You will not regret it.

Peace.
Regards,
RR.

Patelle
Ricer

Postby Patelle » November 5th, 2016, 6:15 am

Thanks RR, I will definitely check out the Juke and consider your advice.

IDK123
Street 2NR

Postby IDK123 » November 5th, 2016, 7:59 pm

Juke in my opinion looks like puke. The quaishia hope I spell that correct looks much better. The ASX are cheaper than other SUV out but doors are thin and road noise fill the cabin

Patelle
Ricer

Postby Patelle » November 5th, 2016, 8:46 pm

The Juke is one of those vehicles that you either love for it's quirky looks or you hate. I actually like it, however because of its uncanny looks I worry about resale. So most likely I won't purchase it.

Patelle
Ricer

Postby Patelle » November 6th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Ok...so I'm still leaning toward the Rush but I really don't like the fact that there is no hand-brake...this has been replaced with a foot-brake which has to be pressed when parking, so there are three foot pedals instead of two in the automatic.

Maybe I should just buy the 2013 Nissan Note...it looks a lot nicer than its predecessor plus it's roomy and inexpensive.

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » November 8th, 2016, 1:02 pm

Patelle wrote:Ok...so I'm still leaning toward the Rush but I really don't like the fact that there is no hand-brake...this has been replaced with a foot-brake which has to be pressed when parking, so there are three foot pedals instead of two in the automatic.

Maybe I should just buy the 2013 Nissan Note...it looks a lot nicer than its predecessor plus it's roomy and inexpensive.

Most of the newer sub compact cars are coming with the foot brakes including the hatch back tiida. this is more to save space than anything but it is the same type of braking system.

personally why not look at the toyota siesta they look pretty cool. but yeah daihastu cars suck. no pep at all. especially the terios. drove one and it felt like the engine was struggling. if you are looking for a smallish vehicle you can also consider a suzuki swift.

Patelle
Ricer

Postby Patelle » November 17th, 2016, 6:49 pm

Ok...so after much debating (mostly with myself) I've decided on a Swift. I've always liked them but thought the lack of trunk space and cost of parts would be an issue.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”