TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Aqua / Prius question

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby Joshie23 » January 25th, 2018, 7:30 pm

agent007 wrote:Very informative thread here so far guys. We're also thinking about getting both the Prius C / Aqua 1.5 and Prius 1.8. The HSD system is a bit complex compared to the system found in the Nissan Xtrail but with Toyota's 21 years of engineering excellence with hybrids, I would not cast any doubts on its reliability going forward.

So, I have a few questions starting with the Aqua.
1. I saw that the engine is the updated 1NZ-FXE motor with belt-less accessories. This is basically the 1NZ-FE engine using the Atkinson combustion cycle. Can anyone confirm?
2. Is the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system (motor and rack) interchangeable with the Corolla NZE or Yaris?
3. If there is battery failure, can the cells be changed instead of the entire battery pack?
4. Are there any technicians/mechanics out there who has experience with the eCVT transmission in terms of maintenance and repair?
5. Are their any mechanics who has experience working on the entire HSD system?
6. Are the 1NZ-FE coil packs and oxygen/air flow sensors etc... interchangeable with the 1NZ-FXE?
7. Are the engine and transmission mounts interchangeable with those found in the NZE Corolla and Yaris etc?
8. Are the shocks, springs, cradles, links, bushings etc interchangeable with the Yaris?

These are some of the replacement part numbers subject to verification:

Front left shock - Toyota 48510-52G41 or KYB Excel-G 334473
Front right shock - Toyota 48510-52J30 or KYB Excel-G 334472
Rear shocks - KYB Excel-G 348001
Front shock mount rubber - Toyota 48609-52100
Front Linkage - Toyota 48820-52030
Front brake pads: Toyota 04465-52320
Front rotors: Toyota 43512-52120
Rear brake shoes: Toyota 04495-52121
Coil packs: Toyota 90919-02265
Steering rack: Toyota 45510-52351
Engine air filter: Toyota 17801-21060
Cabin/airconditioner air filter: Toyota 87139-50100
Transmission fluid: 3.5qts of Toyota ATF-WS
Motor oil: 3.9qts Toyota Motor Oil 00279-0WQTE-01 0W-20
Spark plug: Denso Iridium 3485 (FK16R-A8)
Oil filter: Toyota 90915-YZZF2
Coolant and inverter fluid: (5.6qts engine; 1.7qts PCU) 2 gallons of Toyota Super Long Life Coolant 00272SLLC2
Brake fluid: SAE J1703 or FMVSS No. 118 DOT3. Toyota Brake Fluid DOT3 00475-1BF03
Fuel: 87AKI or 91RON minimum

Based on my limited research thus far, it appears there's a lot of online support for the Aqua in the form of the Prius C. You can actually bring down your own Aqua (if you don't mind the wait) for around $40k cleared and licensed. Dealers despite the tax exemptions are making up to $40k profit or 100% markup on these vehicles right now because some are selling them for $80k.
Please keep the updates coming so that we may all benefit with more information.

Lol this man says very informative thread and then proceeds to drop a boatload of information on us. Nice write up, 007. The part is bold is so true, I never even did that kind of research for real. Is the figure really that low? Even still, accessing the USD is the difficult part.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » January 25th, 2018, 7:36 pm

I can import my own aqua for about 40 k?....well...that sounds like a plan....

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Ruff » January 25th, 2018, 10:46 pm

$40k? I think its more

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 25th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Thanks Joshie. Just to clarify though and perhaps I should have mentioned that the calculation of $40k was for a 2013 version. However I noticed for 2014 and 2015 Aqua S models which is a higher trim, you can get those landed and cleared between $50-60k tops. Dealers still making at least $20k on your head though by selling them for $80k. A 2014 Aqua S a car with unbeatable fuel efficiency coupled with Toyota reliability means it's the ideal runabout car for typical daily chores. Family outings including grocery shopping and airport runs can be reserved for your more utilitarian crossover or pickup but for those with regular jobs heading to work and hustling through lots of traffic and for those who have sales/target oriented jobs the Aqua is a dream come through.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » January 26th, 2018, 6:37 am

Not trying to burst your big bubble agent 007, but these are some things to consider.
No one has enough experience with the Aqua to answer all these questions you are asking regarding part interchangeability with other Toyota models.
Like you, we are all reading about Atkinson cycle etc, but the Aqua is to new on our market. Only time will give us that knowledge and experience. We are all doing a lot of Youtubing, Wikipediaing, and Googling to learn more about the Hybrids and Toyota's experience. We are even guilty some times of plagiarism !
Let us not convince tuners how cheap the Aqua can be imported for, and how easy it is to send your money to someone in Japan you do not know about. When you do not have experience in this kind of business there are lots of fears to be overcome. There are many "WHAT-IFs ?". Do you know all the ropes involved in acquiring an import licence, necessary documentation for Customs and Excise ? How can you prove the actual year of manufacture that the dealer is telling you ?. Are you going to pay a wrecker-man TT$1,000 to take it home, then more to take it to Licensing Office ? The Police will tell you that they control the roads, and you are driving an unregistered vehicle on their road. They can make life hard for you. WHAT IF you get the car at 7:30 pm in the night from the port ? It has no gasoline, the battery dead. WHAT IF you get it started and driving it home, and insurance cover note was up to 4:00pm ? WHAT IF Police stop you ? Will you tell them you are taking the unit to Licensing Office ? Ha !!!
You cannot get a 2014 Aqua for under US$6900 shipped to Trinidad unless it is a high mileage unit, or in poor body condition. WHAT IF the tyres will not pass the TTBS standard because they are snow tyres or have maximum treadwear ? The cheapest Chinese tyres will cost TT$1600. Lots of dealers are importing high mileage units with their odometers rolled back to say 24,000 kms. Then it may be the base S model, not G with push start etc. Then the Ro-ro dealers business is not only to import cars, but to make profit selling it to you.
You will save if you can send US$ to the dealer in Japan. We all know how difficult it is to get US$ from the bank, especially the quantity involved in purchasing a motor vehicle. If you send by third party means the charge is minimum 4%. So US$6,900 plus 4% is US$7,176 which is TT$49,155.60. All applicable charges, not including insurance will amount to about TT$4,500. That is a grand total of TT$53,655.60
So yes, all skin-teeth is not laugh, and your final figure may be correct.
But this is not going to PriceSmart to buy an Aqua with the possibility of returning it tomorrow because it is defective.

Peace.
RR.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 26th, 2018, 7:16 am

Ramish, you did not burst my big bubble so have no fear in that regard. Instead, what you did is reaffirmed my position to not trust dealers like yourself. We are totally aware of the fraud and racket that goes on in the industry. Further, you are falsely trying to create the wrong impression to people who are non the wiser to be intimidated by the entire process. If the whole country imported their own cars then you dont have a business so I get that. I'm not totally debunking your contribution but I lol at the wrecker part etc...it appears you came across a lot of uninformed people in your lifetime and assumed everybody else like that? Now onto plagiarism, dude please give some examples of this. I want to know specifically where there were instances of it so we or more specifically I can make the necessary citations available. I did not know we had to run our posts through turnitin now lol.

mad
Sweet on this forum

Postby mad » January 27th, 2018, 2:33 am

*$kїđž!™ wrote:I can import my own aqua for about 40 k?....well...that sounds like a plan....

Average about $50K. The process is very simple to import one on your own. You save a lot of money this way.

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » January 27th, 2018, 10:40 am

agent007 wrote:So, I have a few questions starting with the Aqua.
1. I saw that the engine is the updated 1NZ-FXE motor with belt-less accessories. This is basically the 1NZ-FE engine using the Atkinson combustion cycle. Can anyone confirm?
2. Is the Electric Power Steering (EPS) system (motor and rack) interchangeable with the Corolla NZE or Yaris?
3. If there is battery failure, can the cells be changed instead of the entire battery pack?
4. Are there any technicians/mechanics out there who has experience with the eCVT transmission in terms of maintenance and repair?
5. Are their any mechanics who has experience working on the entire HSD system?
6. Are the 1NZ-FE coil packs and oxygen/air flow sensors etc... interchangeable with the 1NZ-FXE?
7. Are the engine and transmission mounts interchangeable with those found in the NZE Corolla and Yaris etc?
8. Are the shocks, springs, cradles, links, bushings etc interchangeable with the Yaris?

These are some of the replacement part numbers subject to verification:

Front left shock - Toyota 48510-52G41 or KYB Excel-G 334473
Front right shock - Toyota 48510-52J30 or KYB Excel-G 334472
Rear shocks - KYB Excel-G 348001
Front shock mount rubber - Toyota 48609-52100
Front Linkage - Toyota 48820-52030
Front brake pads: Toyota 04465-52320
Front rotors: Toyota 43512-52120
Rear brake shoes: Toyota 04495-52121
Coil packs: Toyota 90919-02265
Steering rack: Toyota 45510-52351
Engine air filter: Toyota 17801-21060
Cabin/airconditioner air filter: Toyota 87139-50100
Transmission fluid: 3.5qts of Toyota ATF-WS
Motor oil: 3.9qts Toyota Motor Oil 00279-0WQTE-01 0W-20
Spark plug: Denso Iridium 3485 (FK16R-A8)
Oil filter: Toyota 90915-YZZF2
Coolant and inverter fluid: (5.6qts engine; 1.7qts PCU) 2 gallons of Toyota Super Long Life Coolant 00272SLLC2
Brake fluid: SAE J1703 or FMVSS No. 118 DOT3. Toyota Brake Fluid DOT3 00475-1BF03
Fuel: 87AKI or 91RON minimum

Don't get to worried about parts and interchangeability. The parts you mentioned can all be easily sourced online, you don't need to mix & match or cut & paste any part into your Aqua, or any other hybrid.
Message me if you need anything be it Suspension, Body, electrics, tyres, etc., any part. (references on demand)

.... oh and yes, all hybrid HV battery packs can be repaired or reconditioned instead of replacing.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » January 29th, 2018, 5:55 pm

I will keep that in mind, thanks b5er.

wattlesskevin
Riding on 13's

Postby wattlesskevin » February 1st, 2018, 8:22 pm

I found this while researching the aqua vs prius c I thought you guy might like https://axleaddict.com/cars/Review-of-T ... ua-Prius-C

Ruff
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Ruff » February 1st, 2018, 9:15 pm

Awesome.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 8th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Whats your thought on the leaf...other than it ugly?..
Neighbour has one abd u dont even hear the thibg start or move....man does akways creep up agaibst my wall and listen to my convos but srsly the car is super quiet

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 8th, 2018, 8:12 pm

*$kїđž![emoji769] wrote:Whats your thought on the leaf...other than it ugly?..
Neighbour has one abd u dont even hear the thibg start or move....man does akways creep up agaibst my wall and listen to my convos but srsly the car is super quiet

Where selling that?

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 8th, 2018, 10:11 pm

I have no idea where he ordered it from...which dealer..

steverandolph
3NE 2NR for life

Postby steverandolph » February 8th, 2018, 10:43 pm

ramishrrr wrote:Not trying to burst your big bubble agent 007, but these are some things to consider.
No one has enough experience with the Aqua to answer all these questions you are asking regarding part interchangeability with other Toyota models.
Like you, we are all reading about Atkinson cycle etc, but the Aqua is to new on our market. Only time will give us that knowledge and experience. We are all doing a lot of Youtubing, Wikipediaing, and Googling to learn more about the Hybrids and Toyota's experience. We are even guilty some times of plagiarism !
Let us not convince tuners how cheap the Aqua can be imported for, and how easy it is to send your money to someone in Japan you do not know about. When you do not have experience in this kind of business there are lots of fears to be overcome. There are many "WHAT-IFs ?". Do you know all the ropes involved in acquiring an import licence, necessary documentation for Customs and Excise ? How can you prove the actual year of manufacture that the dealer is telling you ?. Are you going to pay a wrecker-man TT$1,000 to take it home, then more to take it to Licensing Office ? The Police will tell you that they control the roads, and you are driving an unregistered vehicle on their road. They can make life hard for you. WHAT IF you get the car at 7:30 pm in the night from the port ? It has no gasoline, the battery dead. WHAT IF you get it started and driving it home, and insurance cover note was up to 4:00pm ? WHAT IF Police stop you ? Will you tell them you are taking the unit to Licensing Office ? Ha !!!
You cannot get a 2014 Aqua for under US$6900 shipped to Trinidad unless it is a high mileage unit, or in poor body condition. WHAT IF the tyres will not pass the TTBS standard because they are snow tyres or have maximum treadwear ? The cheapest Chinese tyres will cost TT$1600. Lots of dealers are importing high mileage units with their odometers rolled back to say 24,000 kms. Then it may be the base S model, not G with push start etc. Then the Ro-ro dealers business is not only to import cars, but to make profit selling it to you.
You will save if you can send US$ to the dealer in Japan. We all know how difficult it is to get US$ from the bank, especially the quantity involved in purchasing a motor vehicle. If you send by third party means the charge is minimum 4%. So US$6,900 plus 4% is US$7,176 which is TT$49,155.60. All applicable charges, not including insurance will amount to about TT$4,500. That is a grand total of TT$53,655.60
So yes, all skin-teeth is not laugh, and your final figure may be correct.
But this is not going to PriceSmart to buy an Aqua with the possibility of returning it tomorrow because it is defective.

Peace.
RR.

Bull chitbwith your feaf mongering and trying to create panic.Agent 007 is correct, dealers are crooks

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » February 9th, 2018, 12:46 am

by is San Fernando the car does be

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » February 10th, 2018, 8:12 am

*$kїđž! -
Yes the car ugly-as-f#*k but looks is not why you buy this car. I have owned many cars and Its no longer about "keeping up with the jones" or impressing anyone with my ride. It's now a practical decision to drive this car.
In a Trinidad context,
1) you buy it to save lots of $$$$.
2) you buy it cause the car thief "not on that" car at all.
Its because of those two major factors I bought one, the relaxation I get from driving an absolutely quite car, where all you hear is the music and nothing else, in my opinion, is priceless.
...also, the fact that you can park in the malls and return and still find you car there, is again, "priceless".
"respect" to those of you who like to hear the muffler and engine roaring, but I have had that in the past, and I realised that after a long drive I felt drained, stressed and tense in those cars. When I switched to the Prius, and now the Leaf, all that changed. I am now more relaxed, calm and peaceful when I drive. I seriously recommend it.

ohh and I doh live next to *$kїđž! ,, I from the east. lol :lol:

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » February 10th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Guys, just to clarify. The Aqua isn't subjected to the M.V.T., V.A.T. or Customs duty, right? If I'm importing it for myself, it's just to obtain the import license and the USD, purchase the vehicle and get a broker to assist with the registration process when it arrives?

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » February 10th, 2018, 4:27 pm

b5er wrote:

*$kїđž! -
Yes the car ugly-as-f#*k but looks is not why you buy this car. I have owned many cars and Its no longer about "keeping up with the jones" or impressing anyone with my ride. It's now a practical decision to drive this car.
In a Trinidad context,
Its because of those two major factors I bought one, the relaxation I get from driving an absolutely quite car, where all you hear is the music and nothing else, in my opinion, is priceless.
...also, the fact that you can park in the malls and return and still find you car there, is again, "priceless".
"respect" to those of you who like to hear the muffler and engine roaring, but I have had that in the past, and I realised that after a long drive I felt drained, stressed and tense in those cars. When I switched to the Prius, and now the Leaf, all that changed. I am now more relaxed, calm and peaceful when I drive. I seriously recommend it.

ohh and I doh live next to *$kїđž! ,, I from the east. lol :lol:

Where can I get a leaf to buy?

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » February 10th, 2018, 5:04 pm

car wrote:Where can I get a leaf to buy?

Right now no car dealer has the balls to touch it. They still afraid of it like how they were afraid of hybrids 5 years ago.

I brought mine in for myself from Japan. I can help you get one if you want.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » February 10th, 2018, 6:31 pm

b5er wrote:
car wrote:Where can I get a leaf to buy?

Right now no car dealer has the balls to touch it. They still afraid of it like how they were afraid of hybrids 5 years ago.

I brought mine in for myself from Japan. I can help you get one if you want.

Since we've strayed from the Aqua/Prius, does anyone have any experience with the Honda Fit Hybrid? The interior seems a bit more appealing than the Aqua, for almost the same price.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 10th, 2018, 8:49 pm

b5er wrote:

*$kїđž! -
In a Trinidad context,

ohh and I doh live next to *$kїđž! ,, I from the east. lol
U are absolutely right.....
Would love a car that i can park at the malls and not worry ....
Also i love a quiet car...i have experienced fart cannons and i cant understand why ppl like all that noise.....use to get headaches with that......

The leal looks are urggh...but the benefits outweight the cons...
Savuings on gas bill alone makes me happy..lol...i saw a red one today...

PM me about importing and price u paid for yours...

But i prefer a toyota still...just personal preference...

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » February 11th, 2018, 12:29 am

Between the aqua, leaf and honda fit, which has the best mileage per tank and value for money in terms of getting actual features with the car

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » February 12th, 2018, 7:47 am

There is no gas tank in the Nissan Leaf Kronik.
It is all electric.

Check out some good info:
https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/new-v ... /leaf.html

Peace.
RR.
Attachments
2018 EU-NISSAN-LEaf12.jpg
2018 EU-NISSAN-LEaf6.jpg

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » February 12th, 2018, 8:36 am

I did not know that the leaf is a full EV, now that makes me very interested. Question now is finding one and what price it sells for

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » February 12th, 2018, 9:00 am

Kronik wrote:I did not know that the leaf is a full EV, now that makes me very interested. Question now is finding one and what price it sells for

You can get them from Japan and UK. The UK ones has the English Dash but they tend to be high mileage and more expensive. The Japanese have a better price point and mileage, the Japanese dash is not a major concern because most of the important stuff that you need to read, are in English.

Price: you can get a 2014 starting from approx $70000, to a 2017 to approx $140,000 depending on features and mileage.
There are alot more factors to consider in selecting the right fit for your driving needs.
I own one and can help you with support and service as well. Contact me if you serious about buying.
Join my mailing list here http://eepurl.com/cl6kgP

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » February 12th, 2018, 9:51 am

went and checked them out, pricey vehicles.
125 for a gasoline fielder wagon, fully spec out. CF styled dash amazing 2015 model
prius was nearer 90k, aqua was a bit cheaper, 75k i think?

truck is huge, seems like a regular NZE gas engine, manifold a bit diff but could work.

battery cells can be changed from what a tech told me from a dealership, couple hundred dollars, vs a entire battery swap.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 12th, 2018, 12:37 pm

b5er wrote:
Kronik wrote:I did not know that the leaf is a full EV, now that makes me very interested. Question now is finding one and what price it sells for

You can get them from Japan and UK. The UK ones has the English Dash but they tend to be high mileage and more expensive. The Japanese have a better price point and mileage, the Japanese dash is not a major concern because most of the important stuff that you need to read, are in English.

Price: you can get a 2014 starting from approx $70000, to a 2017 to approx $140,000 depending on features and mileage.
There are alot more factors to consider in selecting the right fit for your driving needs.
I own one and can help you with support and service as well. Contact me if you serious about buying.
Bro can u share pics if your car ..both inside and out?
Also...in case i run out of charge on the road...whats my position..?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » February 12th, 2018, 12:41 pm

*$kїđž!™ wrote:
b5er wrote:

Bro can u share pics if your car ..both inside and out?
Also...in case i run out of charge on the road...whats my position..?

call a tow truck, same as if you run out of gas. you can always call somebody with a portable generator to charge you up. but seriously, with a 177mile range, in this small island, if you run out of charge then you real slack

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 12th, 2018, 12:46 pm

This car sounds great the new version looks pretty kool also

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”