TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Toyota Aqua / Prius question

It's all about 4AGE, NZE, 3SGTE, 1JZ, 2JZ etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eitech
punchin NOS

Re: Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby eitech » October 14th, 2017, 7:32 am

urbandilema wrote:
eitech wrote:^^^. Yep saw it. Will visit dem next week and get this process goin

But u shud check and research about them..I never personally bought from em but I know ppl on tuner may have in fo on their svce

My wife bought a 2014 march from them. She collected it jus a week ago. Vehicle in real good condition according to mechanic and service was good. The only issue i knew about is that the vehicle was promised at end of August but was delivered September mth end. Port issues they claimed. She had a contact to monitor every stage of the delivery. They apologised. I was waitin to see how this transaction turned out before tried.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » October 14th, 2017, 8:11 am

eitech wrote:
urbandilema wrote:
eitech wrote:^^^. Yep saw it. Will visit dem next week and get this process goin

But u shud check and research about them..I never personally bought from em but I know ppl on tuner may have in fo on their svce

My wife bought a 2014 march from them. She collected it jus a week ago. Vehicle in real good condition according to mechanic and service was good. The only issue i knew about is that the vehicle was promised at end of August but was delivered September mth end. Port issues they claimed. She had a contact to monitor every stage of the delivery. They apologised. I was waitin to see how this transaction turned out before tried.

Thanks for the heads up well that ain't bad.. when I ready I go take a drive up arima and check em

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » October 16th, 2017, 2:51 pm

aidan wrote:Just a lil update. My friend has her aqua almost 5 months now and drives daily from Arima to POS. No issues, just did an oil change and the oil was very clean as compared to if changing in a non hybrid. Average 47mpg. Has enough space and is comfortable enough to chauffer 2 kids to school and get to work for her. Given the increase in fuel prices I'm leaning towards getting one as well for daily commute. Traffic drinks gas in my Vitara

I thought it would be better than that honestly :shock: . I drive the regular Prius with the 1.8 and I'm averaging 59-60 mpg. I should mention that I drive through the northern range twice a day in my regular commute. Also, what oil grade is your friend running? A 0W-20 is the recommended type due to the low friction and start-stop nature of the engine. A heavier weight oil will reduce the economy a bit.

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » October 16th, 2017, 3:04 pm

car wrote:What about parts for theses vehicles? Easy to find?

For now I just imported a few things like air/oil filters to do my maintenance. For engine oil, I sourced the 0-20 grade from Prolube. They carry Amsoil Signature Series synthetic. The transaxle uses Toyota WS (around 3.5 quarts) It's a simple drain and refill because there's no torque converter.

There's a misconception the the Prius is a CVT tranny. In reality it just SIMULATES a CVT. The gearbox is literally 2 motors connected by a planetary gear set, which is then connected to the engine. The engine and 2 motors spin at different speeds or not at all to create gear ratios. It's quite simple how it works.

I was gonna propose a thread for availability of common parts locally eg. What part/where sells/prices etc.. It would be a great help I think.

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » October 16th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Jonathan, I would have definitely preferred a Prius but now it have a setta tax on it.
She's using the same oil as you. Good info

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » October 16th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Toyota calls the "gearbox" a Power Split Device which is a unit made up of planetary gears between the two motor/generators. In late generation of the Prius the unit is more complicated with a second set of planetary gears and is now called the Speed Reduction Device.

Peace.
RR.

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » October 17th, 2017, 6:52 am

ramishrrr wrote:Toyota calls the "gearbox" a Power Split Device which is a unit made up of planetary gears between the two motor/generators. In late generation of the Prius the unit is more complicated with a second set of planetary gears and is now called the Speed Reduction Device.

Peace.
RR.

Yup, they added the SRD from the 3rd gen up.

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » October 17th, 2017, 6:52 am

aidan wrote:Jonathan, I would have definitely preferred a Prius but now it have a setta tax on it.
She's using the same oil as you. Good info

Yes, Colm is an ass :roll:

car key in yuh car ka hole ltd
Ricer

Postby car key in yuh car ka hole ltd » October 18th, 2017, 10:39 pm

Good day folks i have parts available for a toyota PRIUS, car got a front collision, all parts from front doors go back for sale, HV Battery also, call me on 368-1018 or 740-0749 for pricing.

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » October 19th, 2017, 9:32 am

car key in yuh car ka hole ltd wrote:Good day folks i have parts available for a toyota PRIUS, car got a front collision, all parts from front doors go back for sale, HV Battery also, call me on 368-1018 or 740-0749 for pricing.

What year model is it? I guess the whole front is a mess? :( You have pics of vehicle?

Ricer

Postby car key in yuh car ka hole ltd » October 19th, 2017, 11:18 pm

its a 2013 model and yes the front is damaged badly(motor to be exact)

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » October 22nd, 2017, 1:05 am

aidan wrote:Just a lil update. My friend has her aqua almost 5 months now and drives daily from Arima to POS. No issues, just did an oil change and the oil was very clean as compared to if changing in a non hybrid. Average 47mpg. Has enough space and is comfortable enough to chauffer 2 kids to school and get to work for her. Given the increase in fuel prices I'm leaning towards getting one as well for daily commute. Traffic drinks gas in my Vitara

With high maintenance costs of diesel and the removal of the subsidy, owning a diesel vehicle is no longer so lucrative, so I went to check out the Aqua. I'm 6'3" and I find it pretty spacious inside considering its size. Roomy enough for the baby seat in the back as well. Just about ready to make the dive but the ride height is one of my only issues, considering the extremity of the flooding we've seen over the past few days.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Toyota Aqua / Prius question

Postby car » October 22nd, 2017, 9:05 am

Joshie23 wrote:

With high maintenance costs of diesel and the removal of the subsidy, owning a diesel vehicle is no longer so lucrative, so I went to check out the Aqua. I'm 6'3" and I find it pretty spacious inside considering its size. Roomy enough for the baby seat in the back as well. Just about ready to make the dive but the ride height is one of my only issues, considering the extremity of the flooding we've seen over the past few days.

Don’t worry about floods. The gubberment will fix things. They doing a good job so far.

If you worry about floods then you going to have to buy a high vehicle that cost way more than an aqua.

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » October 30th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Sorry I didn't logon sooner, What do you guy need to know? I have had my Prius for about about 4 years now. Its a wonderful lil car. It will save you a bunch of cash by cutting you gas bill by more that half and dropping your maintenance cost by even more. I have driven the Aqua, and the Fielder Hybrids as well and they are also very good on your pocket.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » October 30th, 2017, 6:29 pm

Joshie23 wrote:

Make the dives and tell us how it goes

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » November 1st, 2017, 10:35 pm

b5er wrote:Sorry I didn't logon sooner, What do you guy need to know? I have had my Prius for about about 4 years now. Its a wonderful lil car. It will save you a bunch of cash by cutting you gas bill by more that half and dropping your maintenance cost by even more. I have driven the Aqua, and the Fielder Hybrids as well and they are also very good on your pocket.

How different are the aqua and the Prius in terms of diving experience (power?) and interior space?

Jonathan
Sweet on this forum

Postby Jonathan » November 3rd, 2017, 9:33 am

Kronik wrote:
b5er wrote:Sorry I didn't logon sooner, What do you guy need to know? I have had my Prius for about about 4 years now. Its a wonderful lil car. It will save you a bunch of cash by cutting you gas bill by more that half and dropping your maintenance cost by even more. I have driven the Aqua, and the Fielder Hybrids as well and they are also very good on your pocket.

How different are the aqua and the Prius in terms of diving experience (power?) and interior space?

The Prius is superior, both in interior space and power (larger engine).

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 3rd, 2017, 11:06 am

Be wary of the battery. Who services or has a scan tool for the battery

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 3rd, 2017, 11:49 am

What warranty the foreign used dealers give on the battery?

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » November 7th, 2017, 8:42 am

I am interested in the Fielder Hybrid. Anyone here who has driven one lately?

I am thinking about purchasing one soon.

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » November 10th, 2017, 10:58 am

Guys, everyone claiming that these Hybrids give great fuel econimo and I am interested in them for that

I se figures being posted of 47mpg

can the guys with these vehicles also post your mpg and driving distances in combo (electric and gas)?

Also I suggest we create an official Toyota Prius\Aqua\Fielder Hybrid thread just for these models as it would be a common place to post info like parts and mechanics etc specific to these models

I wanted to buy a hybrid, but ssinc eteh taxes went up Its looking like a Fielder Hybrid (1.5) now

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » November 10th, 2017, 2:51 pm

I saw a Prius front cut for sale in South down by the parts places in penal, look like the 2015 model

Joshie23
Riding on 17's

Postby Joshie23 » November 11th, 2017, 7:50 am

venum wrote:Guys, everyone claiming that these Hybrids give great fuel econimo and I am interested in them for that

can the guys with these vehicles also post your mpg and driving distances in combo (electric and gas)?

Also I suggest we create an official Toyota Prius\Aqua\Fielder Hybrid thread just for these models as it would be a common place to post info like parts and mechanics etc specific to these models

I wanted to buy a hybrid, but ssinc eteh taxes went up Its looking like a Fielder Hybrid (1.5) now

I asked a guy who was cruising inside by my cousin, what kind of mileage he gets with the Aqua, he said he goes from Debe to the Army Base in Chaguaramas and back, twice before he has to full up, at $130/tank, which according to Google Maps is only approximately 80 km one way, which would give him 320 km/tank which doesn't sound too hybrid-ish?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » November 11th, 2017, 11:54 am

I can only assume it’s a combination of the following
1) he fills up before empty
2) He’s drives hard (engine on because fyaahz being gheed)
3) he’s not catering for all the short runs he does between his long commute.

I drive a non hybrid 2.0 car and I get 550km-580kms per tank ($200)

Ricer

Postby car key in yuh car ka hole ltd » November 12th, 2017, 10:21 pm

i have a lexus CT200h ( same prius engine) $130 to full up and constant 550 km with 50 km cruise range left to go on the dash, best bang for your buck is a hybrid in these times.

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » November 13th, 2017, 6:59 pm

SR wrote:Be wary of the battery. Who services or has a scan tool for the battery

I have the scan tool and can service the hybrid batteries. We must not fear technology, we are too small a country to impact in any way this technological revolution taking place with the automotive industry. We need to accept it, embrace it, and master it.

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » November 13th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Kronik wrote:

The Prius is superior, both in interior space and power (larger engine).

Agreed :D

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » November 13th, 2017, 7:14 pm

venum wrote:Guys, everyone claiming that these Hybrids give great fuel econimo and I am interested in them for that

My Prius give approximately 54 MPG or 23 KM/L or 4.36 L/100 km,
at a cost of $0.166 / KM, or $0.267 / Mile.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » November 13th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Which scan tool do you have?

b5er
Street 2NR

Postby b5er » November 13th, 2017, 7:30 pm

SR wrote:Which scan tool do you have?

I will not go into specific make, model or brand for obvious reasons but its what "the professionals" use.

Advertisement

Return to “TOYOTA”