TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

THE OFFICIAL MITSUBISHI Q & A THREAD (NO BUY OR SELL POSTS!)

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Ask ANY QUESTION HERE!! (NO WTB posts!)

Postby rollingstock » December 20th, 2011, 3:21 pm

fwape wrote:
rollingstock wrote:BrotherHood de man location is St. Lucia dan, how yuh go tell him go DM? :lol:

fwape the fluid for the cvt is DiaQueen ATF-J1, if it's not cvt use teh DiaQueen SPlll

Fellas thanks alot for the info, meant to say that sooner but only got the chance now. Question though, would either of the fluids you listed really matter in realtion to if it is CVT or not? I called the local dealer (JQ Motors) and they told me it is CVT but did not tell me the brand of fluid for whatever reason at $150+ per 4quart bottle, is that a good price or am i getting ripped off by the dealer?

It would matter which fluid you use especially as you have teh cvt.

I'm guessing that price is quoted in EC which isn't bad but ensure it is original mitsu fluid, or a reputable brand that is compatible with your transmission.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » December 22nd, 2011, 11:32 am

Anyone know what axles can fit on evo 7 front spindles? VR4, Normal Cedia lancer? Im just looking at the outside half, to get it fit into the spindle, the other that goes to tranny, will be custom made.

birdman323
Riding on 13's

Postby birdman323 » December 27th, 2011, 11:22 am

I'm new to mitsubishi and wanna know if a 4g93 gearbox with ACT extreme heavy duty clutch kit (6 puk, spring loaded) would hold up with a 6a13tt vr4 engine? tanx in advance.

birdman323
Riding on 13's

Postby birdman323 » December 27th, 2011, 11:27 am

any1 ever used this combo b4?

BagoChurchBoy
Street 2NR

Postby BagoChurchBoy » December 27th, 2011, 1:20 pm

hey guys, I was digging up in my ck 1 lancer. I dont have the bumper with the fog lights but while the car was in the air i saw something looking like connectors for fog lights. With the help of MISHI, i was able to confirm; they are Connectors (looks like a 9005/9006 to me) can any one help identify??

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... sWR0JLHxW8

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... z9u3TdKtK4

pics were taken last night, wld see if i get some better ones today.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » December 27th, 2011, 9:52 pm

axles dont work :(

Anyone got some evo7 front axles for sale? mostly the outter cups to go in the spindle.

Mr.Ralliart 5
Riding on 13's

Postby Mr.Ralliart 5 » December 29th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Ok question from a noob..I need to know if i can put a modified evo engine in a lancer and:
use lancer gearbox
use a evo gearbox without the transfer case to keep it front wheel
use a gearbox that came with the galant 2.5l v6

i really want to know which would be the best or cost effective method

kjs32
Riding on 13's

Postby kjs32 » December 29th, 2011, 3:29 pm

Guys,

im a newbie on here too and really need some help!

I got a Galant VRG which have been giving me some stress lately,

it initally started overheating and that lasted for abt a week before i actually had a chance to get it checked out (have been putting coolant and water as necessary for the week). The day before i checked it out it outheat to the point where the car shut off (while driving).

brought it to a mechanic who claimed the gasket was burned and changed and the head was also shaved (so he said), since i got the car back tho these are the problems im having and the said mechanic havent been able to provide me with an explanation... i would like to explore my avenues before i probably go out there and spend thousands on an engine if i dont need to.

1. It no longer starts properly. i literally have to sit in the car and put my foot on the acceleration to get the engine to turn over otherwise i get a clicking sound or jus the intitally sound to start the engine but it wont turn over until i put my foot on the gas.

2. The car now idles EXTREMELY turbulant. this is stopped when i put the car in netural however at that stage the RPM goes extremely high to 2.5/3000 and it reves as though i am pressing gas! this has been costing me as i have to visit the gas station more frequently. any other gear i get a rough idle.

3. The reverse gear. it seems as tho it is under strain when i try reversing. the car rattled and idles low then shuts off. this have been happening alot. i have had to restart and accelerate heavy in order to reverse. the car also releases alot of black smoke when it is in that gear.

4. The temperature gauge have been giving irregular readings... i would be driving and instead of it staying stable it dropped and seems to be getting COLD! the needle has never returned to the half mark, it generally sits below the half mark and drops.

5. The car is just generally sluggish!!! all of a sudden im marking down hard and the car jus isnt going anywhere, you guys can understand my fear crossing streets and traffic lights etc. when i am on the highway the most i can drive smoothly is 90km before it starts jerking and behaving crazy. i wanna know how my powerhorse became a dead horse and what i can do to revive it in the most economically viable way.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2011, 3:38 pm

^ Seems you need a new mech. The high idle is a sign of the throttle position sensor being off. Being a high compression engine shaving the head can cause even higher compression that if badly done or too much taken off causes damage to the internals. It also sounds like you have some electrical problems.

My advice get to a good mech and honestly a new head and block may be in order.

kjs32
Riding on 13's

Postby kjs32 » December 29th, 2011, 3:55 pm

rollingstock wrote:^ Seems you need a new mech. The high idle is a sign of the throttle position sensor being off. Being a high compression engine shaving the head can cause even higher compression that if badly done or too much taken off causes damage to the internals. It also sounds like you have some electrical problems.

My advice get to a good mech and honestly a new head and block may be in order.

Ok man thanks. but idk where to start with this again. been to 3 mechanics in the last month and all seem to be just interested in fattening their pockets off a seemingly clueless soul. Do u know anyone who probably specialize in working with these cars?? im located Central (new location so im clueless abt who is who)

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Can't really point you at a good mech, maybe another 2nr would be able to guide you. I do everything myself now because of the same problem of finding a mechanic who knows what he is doing and is not guessing.

kwasos
Street 2NR

Postby kwasos » December 29th, 2011, 4:48 pm

i have a vrg galant and the rear is giving me swaying over rough , ive checked different alignment places and they say the bushings are good , can anyone pin point the root of this problem?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2011, 4:58 pm

^ Take off the wheels and pull the hub towards you and look for flex from the different arms and their bushings, sometimes it's simply the stabilizer bar rubbers or bad ball joints.

kwasos
Street 2NR

Postby kwasos » December 29th, 2011, 5:09 pm

ok thanks alot , and in the event the rear ball joints are bad ,any advice where i could locate those rear bushings and ball joints?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 29th, 2011, 5:13 pm

The ball joint are built into the arm if i remember correctly (may be wrong) and the bushing are a pain to get, easier to buy the entire control arms.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Postby MISHI » December 29th, 2011, 10:14 pm

kjs32 wrote:Guys,

it initally started overheating and that lasted for abt a week before i actually had a chance to get it checked out (have been putting coolant and water as necessary for the week). The day before i checked it out it outheat to the point where the car shut off (while driving).

brought it to a mechanic who claimed the gasket was burned and changed and the head was also shaved (so he said), since i got the car back tho these are the problems im having and the said mechanic havent been able to provide me with an explanation... i would like to explore my avenues before i probably go out there and spend thousands on an engine if i dont need to.

1. It no longer starts properly. i literally have to sit in the car and put my foot on the acceleration to get the engine to turn over otherwise i get a clicking sound or jus the intitally sound to start the engine but it wont turn over until i put my foot on the gas.

2. The car now idles EXTREMELY turbulant. this is stopped when i put the car in netural however at that stage the RPM goes extremely high to 2.5/3000 and it reves as though i am pressing gas! this has been costing me as i have to visit the gas station more frequently. any other gear i get a rough idle.

3. The reverse gear. it seems as tho it is under strain when i try reversing. the car rattled and idles low then shuts off. this have been happening alot. i have had to restart and accelerate heavy in order to reverse. the car also releases alot of black smoke when it is in that gear.

4. The temperature gauge have been giving irregular readings... i would be driving and instead of it staying stable it dropped and seems to be getting COLD! the needle has never returned to the half mark, it generally sits below the half mark and drops.

5. The car is just generally sluggish!!! all of a sudden im marking down hard and the car jus isnt going anywhere, you guys can understand my fear crossing streets and traffic lights etc. when i am on the highway the most i can drive smoothly is 90km before it starts jerking and behaving crazy. i wanna know how my powerhorse became a dead horse and what i can do to revive it in the most economically viable way.

Have the car disgnosed for any engine codes. Also it is possible that the timing has not been set right which could cause the idle/ driveability issues...

The high idle can be many things from vacuum lines not plugged in to even the accelerator pedal cable too tight (if there is one)

I say have it diagnosed and have another mechanic recheck the timing...

birdman323
Riding on 13's

Postby birdman323 » December 29th, 2011, 10:28 pm

So can any1 ans my questions?

birdman323
Riding on 13's

Postby birdman323 » December 29th, 2011, 10:29 pm

So can any1 ans my questions?

tripplediamond
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tripplediamond » December 29th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Alternator help
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=413819
14.5volts seen on battery terminals, and cig lighter, however, car cutting of when battery dies or terminals are removed. where is the best place to buy alternator parts locally/ online?

douglaking
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby douglaking » December 30th, 2011, 2:04 am

Um.........should I buy a 2006 lancer with a 4g13 engine in it? I live in Siparia but I drive all over the country. Any suggestions?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 30th, 2011, 8:11 am

tripplediamond wrote:Alternator help
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=413819
14.5volts seen on battery terminals, and cig lighter, however, car cutting of when battery dies or terminals are removed. where is the best place to buy alternator parts locally/ online?

You should have an electrician properly diagnose the problem and then move from there. It may be a simple fix or you may need a new alt, foreign used will be the most economical move, what car and/or engine btw?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 30th, 2011, 8:21 am

douglaking wrote:Um.........should I buy a 2006 lancer with a 4g13 engine in it? I live in Siparia but I drive all over the country. Any suggestions?

That 1.3 engine is going to be very economical on gas, nothing is wrong with that especially if you have a lot of driving to do. If you have to go in areas with very steep hills a bigger engine would be desirable.

Mr.Ralliart 5
Riding on 13's

Postby Mr.Ralliart 5 » December 30th, 2011, 10:09 am

Ok question from a noob..I need to know if i can put a modified evo engine in a lancer and:
1. use lancer gearbox
2. use a evo gearbox without the transfer case to keep it front wheel
3. use a gearbox that came with the galant 2.5l v6

i really want to know which would be the best or cost effective method

which gearbox do you all think will handle the power from a 4g63???????

kjs32
Riding on 13's

Postby kjs32 » December 30th, 2011, 10:51 am

MISHI wrote:
kjs32 wrote:Guys,

Have the car disgnosed for any engine codes. Also it is possible that the timing has not been set right which could cause the idle/ driveability issues...

The high idle can be many things from vacuum lines not plugged in to even the accelerator pedal cable too tight (if there is one)

I say have it diagnosed and have another mechanic recheck the timing...

Thnx man, i wud have no choice i guess but to return to a mech. do u know of any good ones in central or anyone u can recommend on a whole that would actually focus on fixing my problems and no filling their pockets w/o addressing the issues???

much thnx!

Russellgold
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Russellgold » December 30th, 2011, 11:04 am

fellas hear na..
i have n audi a6 1.8t
recently
i realised that around 1-3500 rpm (only) works perfect after
the car gives a kinda persistant jerk(like a consistant buck in d whole car)
i have no idea...
i have been using it so for like 1month..
do think it would soon fail..//
have any1 experience this probs b4..?
could it be transmission

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 30th, 2011, 11:08 am

check Ryotech on the forum, he does diagnostics.

douglaking
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby douglaking » December 30th, 2011, 1:33 pm

rollingstock wrote:
douglaking wrote:Um.........should I buy a 2006 lancer with a 4g13 engine in it? I live in Siparia but I drive all over the country. Any suggestions?

That 1.3 engine is going to be very economical on gas, nothing is wrong with that especially if you have a lot of driving to do. If you have to go in areas with very steep hills a bigger engine would be desirable.

Is it really that bad on steep slopes? How about Maracas........?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 30th, 2011, 6:15 pm

With ac on, yeah

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » December 31st, 2011, 4:45 am

douglaking wrote:
rollingstock wrote:

Is it really that bad on steep slopes? How about Maracas........?

^^Yes Maracas would be a task! Especially if car is loaded. Worst yet with AC on as rollingstock said. You'll have a line of cars behind you just praying for a chance to pass :lol:

kjs32
Riding on 13's

Postby kjs32 » January 3rd, 2012, 9:26 am

Guys,

The Engine on my 2001 Galant VRG finally went yesterday :(

Anyone know where i can source a replacement engine for it??

and please advise what might be the best route to take in getting my ride repaired.... Head and Block or new engine all together???

Thanks guys

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”