TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

CK mirrors

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

CK mirrors

Postby *KRONIK* » November 2nd, 2007, 7:20 pm

Fellaz! i wanna know bout the glass on them lancer mirrors.
is the mirror different form normal mirrors?
is the glass curved in any special way?
average price 4 dem?

BTW: i loss ah right side mirror on my CK. any body know where i could get one! or if allyuh know anybody who have one to sell gimme a holla please!

PM or call

703-5627
329-0483

srnoth
Trinituner Peong

Postby srnoth » November 2nd, 2007, 10:46 pm

Hmm, well I was in the same situation some months ago - someone stole the glass from my right side mirror while I was parked in MovieTowne.

Anyway, no one seemed to have the glass to replace it in the Bamboo, so I ended up buying the entire mirror assembly & glass from a foreign used CK2. Cost me $400 I think.

I had a couple problems though:
1) The plug was different, because the foreign used CKs have a switch to fold in the mirrors manually. Anyway, I just removed the wires from the plugs, and swapped my old plug onto the new mirror. Works fine now, although doesn't fold in automatically since my car doesn't have the switch/wireing for that.
2) My car is grey and the mirror is silver. Oh well, that will have to stay like that until I paint over the car.
3) The magnification on the foreign used mirror is different from the local one that came with my car. Cars look closer than they used to with the old mirror. But you get used to that after a while.

It's a very annoying thing to happen though. And who the hell steals the glass out of someone's mirror?

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » November 3rd, 2007, 12:21 pm

been there, done that

2 options, 1 more expensive than the other:

1. bamboo - have to buy entire door mirror ~ $450.00 (as posted above)

2. Diamond motors for teh mirror only - $200.00 (once yuh have the part number - which I had

there are many models that have these types of mirrors with subtle differences I will look for the number (from the plastic that the mirror is attaced to)

srnoth
Trinituner Peong

Postby srnoth » November 3rd, 2007, 12:43 pm

venum wrote:been there, done that

2 options, 1 more expensive than the other:

1. bamboo - have to buy entire door mirror ~ $450.00 (as posted above)

2. Diamond motors for teh mirror only - $200.00 (once yuh have the part number - which I had

there are many models that have these types of mirrors with subtle differences I will look for the number (from the plastic that the mirror is attaced to)

Hmm. Wish I had know you could get the glass only for so cheap. Although the motor in the mirror was giving trouble too, so I figured I might as well change the whole thing one time.

Do you know how to take apart these mirrors though? Cus I'd quite like to take the motor & glass out of the new silver one and install it in the grey coloured plastic from my old one.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 3rd, 2007, 6:55 pm

rite!
i was in the bamboo today! looking for one!
450 in one one place and 500 in another! and apparently mirrors scarce 4 lancers! cuz noe ah the other places had!
but i eh wanna go by the glass amn and cut ah mirror so if u could get the part NO. ill really appreciate it!
the reason i asked bout the type of glass is cuz i knew the MAG duz be different!
well holla when u get the part no.
TANX

venum
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby venum » November 4th, 2007, 11:13 pm

I will have to find it from my old one

also if you looking for the entire assembly makes sure you get the correct one, theree are 2:

1. 3 wire - only the mirror adjustment is electronic - manual retraction

2. 5 wire - both the mirror adjustment and retraction is electronic

srnoth
Trinituner Peong

Postby srnoth » November 5th, 2007, 12:28 am

venum wrote:also if you looking for the entire assembly makes sure you get the correct one, theree are 2:

1. 3 wire - only the mirror adjustment is electronic - manual retraction

2. 5 wire - both the mirror adjustment and retraction is electronic

The 5 wire one can work with a car that only has 3 wires - it's quite easy to take the pins out of the 5 pin and put the correct 3 into the old 3 pin plug. Just make sure you right down the order the wires go into the old plug - let's just say I talk from experience :lol: :lol: .

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 6th, 2007, 6:40 pm

well i get ah mirror from ADEE's in curepe and the guy removed the whole internal assembly and but it in my mirror and it come out original!

BLESS to the man who make that call 4 me!

and 4 small money compared to Bamboo prices!

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Re: CK mirrors

Postby Spitfir3 » April 24th, 2016, 7:26 pm

anyone know how to remove the glass from a ck lancer mirror without breaking it?

bought the entire assembly for like $400 but i just need the glass from it, i figured just swapping the glass would be the best thing since i wouldn't have to paint over anything but im scared of breaking the damn thing

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » April 24th, 2016, 8:49 pm

I got mirrors "lick way" a few times. Steups.

There are about 3 clips and about 2 strips of mounting tape.

I usually pry it off with a flat blade screwdriver a little at a time around. Press in the replacement carefully eh. Don't wanna break it

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » April 24th, 2016, 9:16 pm

manage to get it out within seconds was actually really easy i just push down the top of the glass so i could get enough room on the bottom piece to slip in my fingers once you apply a good even force and not yank on it like a cavemen it should pop out

unfortunately life not that simple doh and it turns out the mount the mirror clips onto is completely different so ima have to change out the entire thing :\

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”