TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Any Evo clubs in Trinidad?

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DEVI
Riding on 18's

Postby DEVI » January 15th, 2008, 3:27 pm

^do you have big old knobs to turn for the temp control.... or is it some kind of display wih buttons to press...the latter is the GSR.

evo6
Ricer

Postby evo6 » January 15th, 2008, 3:44 pm

Buttons to press, it looks like a gsr model.

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » January 15th, 2008, 3:57 pm

RSII is the shitz but not for everyday driving fricking car to loud.

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » January 15th, 2008, 6:08 pm

W2J wrote:RSII is the shitz but not for everyday driving fricking car to loud.

dont we know it
De wife hates it with a passion
but when ah getting buff I doh hear it :lol:

R. Mutt
Shifting into 6th
Location: on the side of the road maptracing and reflashing the ecu

Postby R. Mutt » January 15th, 2008, 6:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zandolie
Trinituner Peong

Postby Zandolie » January 15th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Going back to the topic of the thread; knowing other owners is always beneficial when owning specialty vehicles. One you have direct access to a 'Guinea Pig' database for free....well in my case for Cold Caribs (no pun intended), where you can then determine the best path for your driving experience and car. Two you have an idea of where to start and who to call when looking for parts if things break.

In my view, I think the Evo 6 community and Evolutions in general are the most active participants as a Model across ALL Official Motor sport activities in Trinidad; Rally, Drag, Dex. Which means you have a single or plethora of paths to choose from.....Check out any of these events and meet some of the owners to get an idea of mods and performance.

In terms of Daily driving an Evolution, I'm the wrong man...I drive mine predominantly between DusK and Dawn. :twisted:

TREX
Trinituner Peong

Postby TREX » January 16th, 2008, 9:55 am

Zandolie wrote:Going back to the topic of the thread; knowing other owners is always beneficial when owning specialty vehicles. One you have direct access to a 'Guinea Pig' database for free....well in my case for Cold Caribs (no pun intended), where you can then determine the best path for your driving experience and car. Two you have an idea of where to start and who to call when looking for parts if things break.

In my view, I think the Evo 6 community and Evolutions in general are the most active participants as a Model across ALL Official Motor sport activities in Trinidad; Rally, Drag, Dex. Which means you have a single or plethora of paths to choose from.....Check out any of these events and meet some of the owners to get an idea of mods and performance.

In terms of Daily driving an Evolution, I'm the wrong man...I drive mine predominantly between DusK and Dawn. :twisted:

Good point,
This car is the real star in the Evo lineup and although its older there are still a few good ones on the road. also I know several owners who are willing to share experiences with you. ands assist u when you have a problem.

I've had my E6 for 3 yrs now and its been by daily driven up to 2 months ago when I decided to get something a bit more "mature" as my wife puts it. my car is pretty good and almost 100% original but Now I can really start making it a more focused driving machine for Fri/Sat/Sun.

If you ever need any info feel free to PM, also I have PDF's of all the Evo 4-8 maintenance manuals if you need copies no probs just PM.

IMO the Evo is TOTALLY reliable once u take care of it by sticking to the maintenance schedule. parts are not as bad as you may think and there are several ppl who bring them in. I use all OEM parts and I can have them here within a week through CRISM in diego, but there are others.

evo6
Ricer

Postby evo6 » January 16th, 2008, 10:11 am

Thanks man. I will give you a shout.

R. Mutt
Shifting into 6th

Postby R. Mutt » January 30th, 2008, 6:41 pm

I was checking over the chassis codes and am pretty sure you have a VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition based on the chassis code you provided.

evo6
Ricer

Postby evo6 » January 30th, 2008, 7:55 pm

R. Mutt wrote:I was checking over the chassis codes and am pretty sure you have a VI GSR Tommi Makinen Edition based on the chassis code you provided.
How can I know for sure? It would be nice to own a TME, however the GSR model works just fine.

R. Mutt
Shifting into 6th

Postby R. Mutt » January 30th, 2008, 10:50 pm

I checked over with the Mitsubishi Lancer Register Guide. I'm pretty certain it's a GSR if you read the chassis code correctly.

BLUE_CP9A
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby BLUE_CP9A » January 30th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Miss this car a lot!

Brent, Shane Here

Be careful who advice you take.

Ok being the previous owner of evo6's car will give the basic run down.

Car is a 1999 Evo 6 GSR
Only Reims Blue in Trinidad (never re-painted)
Never got in an accident
Still has the original engine, turbo and drivetrain from factory
Never Re built or changed Engine or Gearbox, Transfer case
Car was well taken care of and still is.
Fitted with Ralliart Twin Plate Clutch as equipped on some RS Evo VI's
Poly suspension bushings throughout
steel braided brake lines
Has AYC :(
10.5 Hot side Turbo with 64mm inlet on turbo(Not Titaniun-Aluminum Turbine)

Brent I think you should first look at raising the boost to about 19psi, when I did the car performed very well, The standard computer has a fuel cut that will kick in once you go over that, but its also depends on the conditions outside, colder nights you might feel the cut. If you want I can help you fit the boost controller and set it up with you.

Anything beyond this level of tune you will need to start thinking about the upgrading the Engine ECU and fuel system components, Their are many options available.

I think in the interest of money,reliability and simplicity, I would suggest a plug and play ralliart ECU with upgraded fuel pump, anything other than this you will be looking at a possiblity of damaging something and spending tons of money. Some may beg to differ on this point, but i can't certainly tell you, you don't want the headache and I know this is your daily driver so you want reliability. I researched all options for this car in terms of engine management.

You have a good clutch that can support the power you will be looking for so thats less of a worry now, as that's one of the first things to go with an increase in power with Evos

Your car also has a good sound suspension with poly bushings through out. All Evo VI's are equipped with a camber bolt on the strut, i think before I sold you the car it was on setting for more negative camber(technical manual says -2 degrees but I know its not that much)

I would look at some good brake pads for the next brake pad change. Try the hawks. Car already has steel braided brake lines and one way bleeders.

Call me if you need anymore info
789-9045

Some guys with a golf trying to make some power to come near you but not to worry, they have far to go.

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » January 31st, 2008, 8:49 am

^damn he now got the car? :(
i was gonna ask him if he's selling! :lol:

R. Mutt
Shifting into 6th

Postby R. Mutt » January 31st, 2008, 12:44 pm

evo6 wrote:My chassis# is cp9asgf , so I guess I have the gsr model.

my bad, I wasn't looking properly at the chart. On second veiwing chassis code cp9asgf is either E6 GSR or E6 TME GSR. Here's the chart for future reference:

Razkal
2NRholic

Postby Razkal » January 31st, 2008, 2:11 pm

^useful chart! 8)
*right click, save as...*

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » February 1st, 2008, 2:06 am

evo6 wrote:...I have a evo 6 and wanted to know what are the best mods for it...
This might help... Link--> The Mitsubishi MadMen Forum

MOST IMPORTANT "MOD": (IMHO)
IMHO a daily driver 1.8 GSR/Evo 4-6 soon becomes tiring/annoying on long trips or in traffic.
>>> (Noise/Vibration & Harshness.) That's the only thing I don't like about both my cars.
Cure is simple... FoamSeal expanded urethane in rocker panels. US kits available (Google.)
>>> ADD another resonator in place of Catalytic converter. Both options are cheap and will
add the most to your driving pleasure. Yup, even more than extra power will IMHO.
BTW FoamSeal also makes your chassis STIFFER and improves cornering. :idea:
Just like a rally car... and safer than using a roll-cage in a street car too.
BTW newer Lancer Cedia's rocker panels are filled with expanded foam from the factory...

Link--> The Truth: ~ About Rollcages & Racing Harnesses.
evo6 wrote:Ok. What about cams, headers and re-flashed or aftermarket ecu?
This causes the most arguments... IMHO leave it as it is for now. Learn to drive your new Evo FIRST.
BTW IMHO upgrade for reliability before tuning for power...
UPGRADE SCHEDULE:
BRAKES: Replace brake fluid... Check/machine/replace rotors... Upgrade disk pads
(Ferodo DS 2500 are excellent... and cheaper than OEM Brembo...
Not sure but "Hawk" may be a bit harsher than "Ferodo" on your rotors.)

STEERING: Replace power steering fluid, steering ends and ball joints (if necessary.).

ENGINE: Replace belts, tensioner, fluids etc.
ADD >>> ARP Cylinder head Stud Kit (for higher boost)... and OEM Evo 8 head gasket.
ADD >>> ARP Con-rod bolts... Insurance! (you already have the head and sump off!)
Replace water-pump and oil-pump. (They are nearly 10 years old.)

Maintenance Data: Link--> The Tuners' Guide - Inside Lancer Evolution VIII RS/GSR/MR
>>> Info is almost identical for the Evo 4-6.

If a "tight" budget is your biggest issue... then leave everything stock for now and get an
Evo 7 ECU with a Mellon Racing reflash.
After at least six months... then look for bigger upgrades. Save your $$$ meanwhile.

IMHO if you fiddle with the usual intake, exhaust and a piggyback ECU, you will only
net mild HP gains that you'll get bored with very quickly.

Here's my $0.02¢ for a reliable, economical and satisfying "daily driver" ... with NO lag!
1st two turbo setups use STOCK short block. No forged internals...no stroker kit...no $$$
That's why I suggested the ARP stud kit and con-rod bolts... :wink:
. EvoGREEN turbo ($1695 US) for RELIABLE 415 WTQ and 385 WHP on Pump gas!
. 435+ WTQ and 400+ WHP on Pump gas and Water/Meth Injection.
. More is possible with more upgrades... up to 507 WTQ and 443 WHP on C-16 race gas.
>>>>> THE single best mod for torque & power. You also need 720-750 cc Injectors...
Walbro 255 ltr/min HP fuel pump... ECU reflash (not ECUTek.)
>>>>> This is also one of the CHEAPEST turbo upgrades available.

Cams: Street: HKS 272's or similar. HKS 264's aren't much better than stock 'MR' IMHO.
.......... Competition: JUN 272's.

Exhaust:... Use a 2.75-to-3 inch turbo back system... depending on turbo used.
>>> OEM turbo = 2.75" / EvoGREEN = 3" with cheaper Buschur ceramic coated O2 housing.

Headers... Nope! IMHO use ported cast iron exhaust manifold. Doesn't crack like headers
do in daily use. Torque/Power increase from headers alone is small compared to other
mods (above) and reliability suffers IMHO.
BTW mild porting on Intake-to-Throttle body interface helps too.

ECU... Buy an Evo 7 ECU and a Mellon Racing reflash. One of the most effective,
economical reflashes. Multiple reflashes for continuous upgrade program available.

MY $0.02½¢ :lol:
Last edited by Sanctifier on February 21st, 2011, 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

evo6
Ricer

Postby evo6 » February 6th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Sanctifier wrote:
evo6 wrote:...I have a evo 6 and wanted to know what are the best mods for it...

This might help...
Link--> The Mitsubishi MadMen Forum

MOST IMPORTANT "MOD": (IMHO)
IMHO a daily driver 1.8 GSR/Evo 4-6 soon becomes tiring/annoying on long trips or in traffic.
>>> (Noise/Vibration & Harshness.) That's the only thing I don't like about both my cars.
Cure is simple... FoamSeal expanded urethane in rocker panels. US kits available (Google.)
>>> ADD another resonator in place of Catalytic converter. Both options are cheap and will
add the most to your driving pleasure. Yup, even more than extra power will IMHO.
BTW FoamSeal also makes your chassis STIFFER and improves cornering. :idea:
Just like a rally car... and safer than using a roll-cage in a street car too.
BTW newer Lancer Cedia's rocker panels are filled with expanded foam from the factory...

Link--> The Truth: ~ About Rollcages & Racing Harnesses.
evo6 wrote:Ok. What about cams, headers and re-flashed or aftermarket ecu?

This causes the most arguments... IMHO leave it as it is for now. Learn to drive Evo FIRST.
BTW IMHO upgrade for reliability first...
UPGRADE SCHEDULE:
BRAKES: Replace brake fluid... Check/machine/replace rotors... Upgrade disk pads
(Ferodo DS 2500 are excellent... and cheaper than OEM Brembo...
Not sure but "Hawk" may be a bit harsher than "Ferodo" on your rotors.)

STEERING: Replace power steering fluid, steering ends and ball joints (if necessary.).

ENGINE: Replace belts, tensioner, fluids etc.
ADD >>> ARP Cylinder head Stud Kit (for higher boost)... and OEM Evo 8 head gasket.
ADD >>> ARP Con-rod bolts... Insurance! (you already have the head and sump off!)
Replace water-pump and oil-pump. (They are nearly 10 years old.)

Maintenance Data: Link--> The Tuners' Guide - Inside Lancer Evolution VIII RS/GSR/MR
>>> Info is almost identical for the Evo 4-6.

If a "tight" budget is your biggest issue... then leave everything stock for now and get an
Evo 7 ECU with a Mellon Racing reflash.
After at least six months... then look for bigger upgrades. Save your $$$ meanwhile.

IMHO if you fiddle with the usual intake, exhaust and a piggyback ECU, you will only
net mild HP gains that you'll get bored with very quickly.

Here's my $0.02? for a reliable, economical and satisfying "daily driver" ... with NO lag!
1st two turbo setups use STOCK short block. No forged internals...no stroker kit...no $$$
That's why I suggested the ARP stud kit and con-rod bolts... :wink:
[IMG:5]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6000/reddot5x53oj.gif[/img] EvoGREEN turbo ($1695 US) for RELIABLE 415 WTQ and 385 WHP on Pump gas!
[IMG:5]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6000/reddot5x53oj.gif[/img] 435+ WTQ and 400+ WHP on Pump gas and Water/Meth Injection.
[IMG:5]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6000/reddot5x53oj.gif[/img] More is possible with more upgrades... up to 507 WTQ and 443 WHP on C-16 race gas.
>>>>> THE single best mod for torque & power. You also need 720-750 cc Injectors...
Walbro 255 ltr/min HP fuel pump... ECU reflash (not ECUTek.)
>>>>> This is also one of the CHEAPEST turbo upgrades available.

Cams: Street: HKS 272's or similar. HKS 264's aren't much better than stock 'MR' IMHO.
.......... Competition: JUN 272's.

Exhaust:... Use a 2.75-to-3 inch turbo back system... depending on turbo used.
>>> OEM turbo=2.75" / EvoGREEN=3" with cheaper Buschur ceramic coated O2 housing.

Headers... Nope! IMHO use ported cast iron exhaust manifold. Doesn't crack like headers
do in daily use. Torque/Power increase from headers alone is small compared to other
mods (above) and reliability suffers IMHO.
BTW mild porting on Intake-to-Throttle body interface helps too.

ECU... Buy an Evo 7 ECU and a Mellon Racing reflash. One of the most effective,
economical reflashes. Multiple reflashes for continuous upgrade program available.

MY $0.03?? :lol:
Thanks for all the advice man!!!

Hey shane, I now get a chance to log on to read your reply, good stuff. I will give you a call soon. Next week I am going for a tune up, oil, filters, break pads( hawk) etc. I am also going to install a boost controller( greddy profec B II) turn up the boost and see how she performce, after that I'll get the HKS cams and the ecu. I'll tell you how it goesm

evo6
Ricer

Postby evo6 » February 6th, 2008, 9:27 pm

BLUE_CP9A wrote:Miss this car a lot!

Brent, Shane Here

Be careful who advice you take.

Ok being the previous owner of evo6's car will give the basic run down.

Car is a 1999 Evo 6 GSR
Only Reims Blue in Trinidad (never re-painted)
Never got in an accident
Still has the original engine, turbo and drivetrain from factory
Never Re built or changed Engine or Gearbox, Transfer case
Car was well taken care of and still is.
Fitted with Ralliart Twin Plate Clutch as equipped on some RS Evo VI's
Poly suspension bushings throughout
steel braided brake lines
Has AYC :(
10.5 Hot side Turbo with 64mm inlet on turbo(Not Titaniun-Aluminum Turbine)

Brent I think you should first look at raising the boost to about 19psi, when I did the car performed very well, The standard computer has a fuel cut that will kick in once you go over that, but its also depends on the conditions outside, colder nights you might feel the cut. If you want I can help you fit the boost controller and set it up with you.

Anything beyond this level of tune you will need to start thinking about the upgrading the Engine ECU and fuel system components, Their are many options available.

I think in the interest of money,reliability and simplicity, I would suggest a plug and play ralliart ECU with upgraded fuel pump, anything other than this you will be looking at a possiblity of damaging something and spending tons of money. Some may beg to differ on this point, but i can't certainly tell you, you don't want the headache and I know this is your daily driver so you want reliability. I researched all options for this car in terms of engine management.

You have a good clutch that can support the power you will be looking for so thats less of a worry now, as that's one of the first things to go with an increase in power with Evos

Your car also has a good sound suspension with poly bushings through out. All Evo VI's are equipped with a camber bolt on the strut, i think before I sold you the car it was on setting for more negative camber(technical manual says -2 degrees but I know its not that much)

I would look at some good brake pads for the next brake pad change. Try the hawks. Car already has steel braided brake lines and one way bleeders.

Call me if you need anymore info
789-9045

Some guys with a golf trying to make some power to come near you but not to worry, they have far to go.

So shane, you know about your padnah with the blue golf fixing and tuning my padnah silver golf. He say he will cut my azz when he done, I waiting.
Lol

Messi
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Messi » February 16th, 2008, 9:28 pm

anybody know who to check to bring in turbo back exhausts or cat back exhausts for a JDM Evo IX? also who is the tuning men for these cars to get a gas tune?

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » February 17th, 2008, 3:58 am

Messi wrote:...who is the tuning men for these cars to get a gas tune?

What do you mean by a gas tune? If you mean a reflash, your best bet is a mail-in reflash from Mellon Racing or Jester in USA. If you're not experienced then mail your ECU to them.

You need a laptop and software (ECUScan and ECUFlash etc) to "log" (read) the ECU and to reflash it. R. Mutt does datalogging but he's abroad. Don't know anyone locally who datalogs and reflashes Evos successfully on a regular basis. Dry should be able to help... PM him.

This will give you an idea about ECU Tuning alternatives available...
Link--> ECU Tuning & The Evolution 4G63!
This is great datalogging and reflashing info...
Link--> ECU Flash 1.28 Software - Introduction
Last edited by Sanctifier on February 21st, 2011, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Messi
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Messi » February 17th, 2008, 11:14 am

yeah a gas tune for our crappy gas... i had my sti's tuned locally already.. there is a lot of support in tnt for it... soon to be new to the evo scene... what about ECU tek

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » February 17th, 2008, 12:39 pm

ECUTek is used by a few 2nrs but it's VERY expensive ($675 US?) Also ECUTek "locks" your ECU. Its impossible to reflash again, unless you return to an ECUTek agent for another big $US bill.

Most modern reflashes are much cheaper ($100 US?)... and experienced 2nrs can even do it "FREE!"... can't beat that.

Messi
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Messi » February 17th, 2008, 12:43 pm

so who in tnt?

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » February 17th, 2008, 12:46 pm

Think I answered that already... PM dry

Gaijin
Street 2NR

Re: Any Evo clubs in Trinidad?

Postby Gaijin » January 4th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Hey Evo 6 I have a Evo 4 but more importantly, The crew I move with trying to make a spin somewhere but we short a V, VI and a X so if ur interested holla back. I'm sure they can at least point u in the right direction when it comes to parts and advice.

dilliboi
Riding on 13's

Postby dilliboi » January 9th, 2011, 6:35 pm

i have an evo 5....with an evo 6 front bumper

Gaijin
Street 2NR

Postby Gaijin » January 10th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Cool bro just email me ur info n I'll send u my num to link. michaelrowley626@hotmail.com

dilliboi
Riding on 13's

Postby dilliboi » January 10th, 2011, 9:58 pm

check out my evo 5......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmAPRAdnM1s

Gaijin
Street 2NR

Postby Gaijin » January 11th, 2011, 6:07 am

Where is this car from?

dilliboi
Riding on 13's