TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

ck lancer to evo 4 conversion urgent help

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

FLEX
Street 2NR

ck lancer to evo 4 conversion urgent help

Postby FLEX » January 21st, 2009, 12:35 am

if i have an evo 4 and a ck lancer what mods do i need to do to the ck lancer to tansplant everything fromt he evo into the ck??urgent

BulletProof
Trinituner Peong

Postby BulletProof » January 21st, 2009, 1:41 am

Are you transplanting AWD or converting to FWD?

BulletProof
Trinituner Peong

Postby BulletProof » January 21st, 2009, 1:43 am

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » January 21st, 2009, 5:17 am

^ ^ ^ Thanks Bullet. :lol: Happy New Year. How is the E7 upgrade going?
FLEX wrote:if i have an evo 4 and a ck lancer what mods do i need to do to the ck lancer to tansplant
everything fromt he evo into the ck??urgent
As Bullet said; pretty straightforward for CK-to-Evo 4 4WD upgrade.
Get the chassis brackets for rear top-arm mounting points.
Rear suspension upper arms will not bolt in without it.

You will need better brakes than the E4 though. IMHO upgrade to E5-E9 Brembos.
Use E4 front and rear suspension arms. E5-E6 has wider track. Tyres will "stick out."

E4 front struts will work but E5-E6 have better front dampers than E4.
Use E5-E9 calipers/rotors/17" rims/master cylinder & booster etc.

Some later 8"-wide rims (E7-E9) may require slight fender-arch rolling for tyre clearance.
Service is available locally. Do a search on 3ne 2nr.
BTW if you intend to upgrade power eventually, pay attention to these...
Get E5-E9 ECU AND full wiring harness. E4 ECU and harness has different "pin-out."
Use E5-E9 injectors (560 cc/min.) E4 injectors are smaller (510 cc/min.)

E5-E9 cams (and head) are better than E4 cams (and head) too.

For turbo upgrade (EvoGREEN?) use E6-E9 block. Some E4 blocks suffer from "crank walk."

My $0.02¢

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: ck lancer to evo 4 conversion urgent help

Postby honda hoe » January 21st, 2009, 9:21 am

FLEX wrote:if i have an evo 4 and a ck lancer what mods do i need to do to the ck lancer to tansplant everything fromt he evo into the ck??urgent

won't it be easier to swap firewalls?

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » January 21st, 2009, 10:02 am

honda hoe wrote:
FLEX wrote:if i have an evo 4 and a ck lancer what mods do i need to do to the ck lancer to tansplant everything fromt he evo into the ck??urgent

won't it be easier to swap firewalls?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rudman
Shifting into 6th
Location: Finding out all the good tyres in life begins with "R".

Postby Rudman » January 21st, 2009, 10:23 am

Honda Hoe, for someone who is/was involved in customs, yuh does suprise me sometimes..... :roll:

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » January 21st, 2009, 11:06 am

honda hoe wrote:...won't it be easier to swap firewalls?

Yup, and with Licensing Office under investigation by the fraud squad right now...
it's also much easier to get your car impounded too. It's your $$$$. :roll:

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » January 21st, 2009, 1:15 pm

Rudman wrote:Honda Hoe, for someone who is/was involved in customs, yuh does suprise me sometimes..... :roll:

wha customs hadda do wit licencing?

i jus ask cuz d way d guy ask d question it sounds as if he has both cars in his possession already

i don't see the sense in transferring parts between the 2 cars

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » January 21st, 2009, 4:51 pm

but if he was seen with both cars at d same time in public an one car white an the other is florescent purple its going to be a hard sell.
An with all d madness going on in d L.O it will be best to swap out all d parts yes. Scrap down to chassis and rebuild with step by step pictures to prove wat u did.

Saw a place in d Bamboo with 3 EVO IV an 1 GSR $55k for d EVO an $45K I think for the GSR.

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » January 21st, 2009, 6:33 pm

honda hoe wrote:wha customs hadda do wit licencing?...
wha customs hadda do wit licencing?... Everything.
If you just swap firewalls (and chassis numbers) then the new car still has not paid
Motor Vehicle Tax... or VAT... According to Licensing Commissioner a monocoque bodyshell
(chassis and body in one piece) is classed as a car under the Act, not as just a car part.

So it's not legally Registered... so Insurance Certificate is invalid (wrong chassis number)...
So they confiscate your car... also you're driving without valid Insurance... so pay a big fine...
They may suspend your Driver's Permit too... Not sure if jail time is included... You get the point.

That's why it's impossible under the Act to "sell rights" to an imported shell/car.
No duty or VAT paid = No Registration or Chassis Number = Nothing to "sell" legally.
Con-man get yuh $$$... and you to catch with the Police and Licensing Office.
Last edited by Sanctifier on August 1st, 2013, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

BulletProof
Trinituner Peong

Postby BulletProof » January 21st, 2009, 8:21 pm

Sanctifier wrote:^ ^ ^ Thanks Bullet. :lol: Happy New Year. How is the E7 upgrade going?

All the best to you and yours too bro... E7 upgrade was delayed slightly since E85 is now available just 5 mins from where I live.. w00t!!!! This means I'm saving up for new turbo (information intentinally witheld :wink:) + stroker and misc head mods now that the way forward is clear.

I've navigated around several of the EMA legal requirements here so that it will be completely street legal as well.

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » January 21st, 2009, 11:25 pm

Sanctifier wrote:
honda hoe wrote:wha customs hadda do wit licencing?...
wha customs hadda do wit licencing?... Everything.
If you just swap firewalls (and chassis numbers) then the new car still has not paid
Motor Vehicle Tax... or VAT... According to Licensing Commissioner a monocoque bodyshell
(chassis and body in one piece) is classed as a car under the Act, not as just a car part.

So it's not legally Registered... so Insurance Certificate is invalid (wrong chassis number)...
So they confiscate your car... also you're driving without valid Insurance... so pay a big fine...
They may suspend your Driver's Permit too... Not sure if jail time is included... You get the point.

That why it's impossible under the Act to "sell rights" to an imported shell/car.
No duty or VAT paid = No Registration or Chassis Number = Nothing to "sell" legally.
Con-man get yuh $$$... and you to catch with the Police and Licensing Office.

well if u wanna get all LEGAL :lol: :lol:

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » January 22nd, 2009, 9:12 am

honda hoe wrote:...well if u wanna get all LEGAL :lol: :lol:

Padna, I wanted to try the same thing. When I got that info I "went legal."
Don't want to spend serious $$$... get it confiscated... and see it rotting in Licensing Office.

BTW more about "legal." If Insurance is invalid and you get in an accident...
you have to fix both cars... pay damages for personal injury... and then pay a fine for
driving without Insurance.

Too much headache for me, padna. :roll:

cornell
Riding on 13's

Postby cornell » July 31st, 2013, 7:40 pm

sigh...sorry to revive an old thread, but been all excited about these evo 4s I've been checking out, and then this guy with a Evo VII tells me about this whole "ck chassis" thing...decided to do a search on tuner and here I am.... haven't bought the car yet, but now i'm thinking it's a bad idea to go down that road....the excitement over my first evo was nice while it lasted.
:cry:

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » July 31st, 2013, 8:25 pm

^ ^ ^ There is a legal way out for an Evo IV to VI...
If you own a CK model, (or plan to buy one) then buy the foreign used Evo... and swap all the necessary body parts, engine and drivetrain into the CK without touching the firewall or 'legit' registration numbers.

I would suggest that you stick to the Evo V or VI models since the engine is stronger and easier to upgrade than the Evo IV.

BTW be sure to advise your Insurance Company about the increase in engine size (and register a change of engine at the Licensing Office too.) That way your are protected in the event of an accident.
Sanctifier wrote:BTW a CK "Lancer 2000" should be cheaper to insure than an Evolution 5 or 6". :wink:
My $0.02¢
Last edited by Sanctifier on August 1st, 2013, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » July 31st, 2013, 9:07 pm

I was gonna do the same thing with my ck. Getting a evo 4 unregistered for 35k. After scrapping my ck ill just need to throw in 20k at least.

cornell
Riding on 13's

Postby cornell » August 1st, 2013, 12:05 am

Thought of that too sanctifier....but looking at some IVs that are presently on the road...will have to examine the firewalls of those IVs closer to see if there are any signs of it being tampered with....saw a V down central, low 60's ($) but looks like too much headache with body work.

...then again this certain 3sgte levin on tuner has also caught my eye :oops:

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » August 1st, 2013, 6:47 am

cornell wrote:Thought of that too sanctifier....but looking at some IVs that are presently on the road...will have to examine the firewalls of those IVs closer to see if there are any signs of it being tampered with....saw a V down central, low 60's ($) but looks like too much headache with body work.
IMHO all E1s - E7s and some E8s (foreign used or local) need a thorough body-job, if not a complete restoration.
Media blast, de-rust & rust conversion treatment (Phosphoric Acid) in ALL chassis rails etc, re-sealing... etc. etc.
This is what most 2nrs don't ever see in their Evos... until it's too late!
Evo 7... Image

These are the chassis rails of an Evo 6 (MLR - UK)... An E4 or E5 will be in even worse condition. :roll:
Sanctifier wrote:I won't put BIG $$$ into any project without total preparation. Can't afford to waste the time or $$$ to do it over again.
(...Even if you have to wait for as long as I had to, before I could afford to do it properly.)
Sanctifier wrote:I strongly suggest using a "closed cell" (can't absorb water) expanded urethane foam like FoamSeal or Teracore after bodywork (& chassis work) is done, to completely fill all the spaces in the chassis rails (& other "box sections")...
(Use ONLY the specification designed for auto chassis.)

No spaces = No place for Mud & Moisture to settle = Clean DRY metal = NO RUST!... at least not for a VERY long time.

:idea: BTW this also helps to stiffen the chassis for better "turn-in & handling."

:idea: And for those fans of roll-cages for street cars... this eliminates the danger involved...
... Link--> The Truth: ~ About Rollcages & Racing Harnesses.
My $0.02¢

3sgte Levin... Nice car... but you'll ALWAYS regret it!
It may handle better than the Evo "at the limit" (of tyre adhesion) but will NEVER compare to overall Evo performance...
(steering "turn-in", brakes, driving flexibility, acceleration or top end) in that order.

BTW "the limit" (tyre adhesion) will always be higher in the Evo too... :wink:

My $0.02¢

wordword
Street 2NR

Postby wordword » May 11th, 2017, 7:49 am

is there a new version of this thread?

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » May 11th, 2017, 8:52 am

Really OLD thread, panda. Got your "pm" too. What's the problem?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”