TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

gdi gone mad

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

enduser
Riding on 13's

Re: gdi gone mad

Postby enduser » February 20th, 2012, 9:47 pm

My problem of the loss in power started at approximately 100km/h. Over the days it deterroriated to 80km/h. It got progressively worst. Eventually you will have to literally crawl home with the car driving on the shoulder with hazard lights blaring and waving everyone to pass you. At this stage, people can run and perhaps walk faster that you can drive. There is a good possibility at "cold" the car will drive well, but within a few minutes, you will experience the problem. In my case I did not get any misfiring. I only had loss of power while driving. However the car would start, idle and rev well, only no power.

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » February 20th, 2012, 11:33 pm

i think i have the same problem as u .....when i cruise to work little prob when mash out and run it probs and n blinking so i thinking it,s a tranny probs

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » November 23rd, 2016, 10:35 pm

i have to resurrect this old thread guys, i'm in need of your assistance.... I have a cs5w lancer wagon that has the 4g93 GDi in it... here's my issue...

I haven't driven the car for about 2 weeks now because of my work schedule. i decided this evening to give her a start with intentions to take her for a little spin. After about 10mins i noticed that the idling changed and it started to rev up & down on it own, like if someone was pressing the accelerator pedal then it the engine stalled. i tried to restart it but no luck. I scanned engine and the error pointed to the fuel rail pressure sensor, although the engine check light never came on.

Do you think i should replace the sensor immediately or go through the steps as you guys have done before with respects from checking....... rear fuel pump>fuel filter>fuel lines>Secondary pump>regulator>fuel rail pressure sensor>etc....????

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 24th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Yes check rear fuel pump.

If I remember right its output is 40 PSI.

Might be good to check if wiring to pressure sensor is intact as well.

platinumworm2
Riding on 13's

Postby platinumworm2 » April 12th, 2017, 2:02 pm

There is a small filter in the fuel pump regulator once cleaned that will solve your problem...

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”