TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK - Repairing EVO 9 Radiator

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

don-dada
Street 2NR

WTK - Repairing EVO 9 Radiator

Postby don-dada » June 9th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Yes Trinituner family,

wanted some info, my original evo radiator has a small leak, I went by Ishmael in El Socorro, he does not have the top tank to replace mines with, so instead of the aluminum after market radiators, is there any other place that might repair the original radiator? That anyone could suggest.

Also if i have to go with the aftermarket, where has and prices? and what are the pros and cons of replacing the original with an aftermarket one.

Thanks again all

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Re: WTK - Repairing EVO 9 Radiator

Postby MISHI » June 9th, 2015, 8:42 pm

No cons with replacing... may cost a fair penny but worth it. Koyo or mishimoto are fine choices. Teknet or possibly tuner imports (not sure for the latter) would be the first choices to go to.

They to my knowledge tend to have the car running slightly cooler than the OEM one... I had changed in 2009 or so (had gotten a great deal on it from a company in the USA) as I didn't realize the channels in my rad were welded due to something piercing it apparently (prior to me buying the car).

haven't had any issues since.

don-dada
Street 2NR

Postby don-dada » June 10th, 2015, 7:21 am

thanks alot brudda appreciate it, I actually contacted Caribbean Radiators and they can make one for about $1650, the mishimoto costs around $2500 but I heard you have to use specific coolant in the aluminum radiators (also if there is a hole or crack in the aluminum its tricky to get repaired), the guy at Caribbean said the copper cools better... so i was just trying to narrow down what is the best option.

Thanks again

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 10th, 2015, 3:08 pm

not sure if same application but anyone with copper piping in their house could tell you its is expensive to repair, and a general PITA when it starts to get porous...leaks pop out all over....

not sure if the entire rad will be copper but research as best as possible....good luck

don-dada
Street 2NR

Postby don-dada » June 11th, 2015, 12:32 pm

thanks brudda appreciate it ...

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » June 18th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Buy the Mishimoto. EVERYBODY has done it. Soon as yuh evo hit 70k kms, they all leak.

I have mine about four years now.

don-dada
Street 2NR

Postby don-dada » August 12th, 2015, 11:41 am

thanks

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”