TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Need some info on the AWD Libero GT

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

superdude_1130
Riding on 13's

Need some info on the AWD Libero GT

Postby superdude_1130 » January 16th, 2016, 11:35 am

How many of you have experiences with the AWD Libero GT wagon (4G93T)?

Were your experiences good or bad and if so please give me some advice please. I'm contemplating purchasing one for a basic daily and project. But, I heard that parts are hard to find. How true is this?

Any inputs and comments will be appreciated.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Re: Need some info on the AWD Libero GT

Postby MISHI » January 17th, 2016, 1:22 am

it's an older car, so make up your mind that anything you want for it will be hard to get here.

But that said, it is not impossible to get. A few engine electrics are shared with DSM engines states side so you can get those. In fact, a lot of libero parts are same as the US mirage body wise... as long as you can get yourself part numbers you can run checks.

In fact, if you search the net, you might find a downloadable parts system... though by now I doubt it still exists. That way you might be able to cross check any US based parts.

Short of that, you will have to get your parts special ordered from Japan. There are one or two places (Teknet for eg) that can order stuff for you.

As to the cars themselves, they are tough lil machines. Stuff to look out for:

-CB-CK models had a bad history of roof rust. If you find bubbling on your rood, get it repaired IMMEDIATELY.

-All Mitsu DOHC engines suffer from "lifter tick" that can sound almost like you spun a bearing or rod knock... they are some hydraulic adjusters that the internal spring goes bad over time... and while there are many temporary fixes like using a different brand and grade of oil... the best thing is to replace them outright. So if you experience this...that is something to consider.

- It's an old car... so face that music. Things will need changing sooner or later especially rubber parts that make up the suspension. Cradle rubbers... stabilizer bar rubbers etc will need replacing sooner or later. There are some who may have the kits locally... Daniel Lee from DRL performance will be a good bet there.

As a DD, the engine is sound and lots of fun.... IF you keep it in stock boost etc. Early 4g93T did not like anything over 14psi for long. Some even upgrade to the TD05 Evo turbos with some little modification and get a better top end... but the smaller stock turbo is a nice responsive system.

If you are getting it, MAKE SURE your timing belt and water pump is changed. Do that first before anything else.

As for the AWD platform of the libero, I don't have much experience... but only problem I have ever heard were people mentioning the rear diff seal would fail and they could not get a replacement. But again depends on where you look.

Many tend to upgrade the engine to the 4G63T simply for the ease of parts and better tune ability, but the 93T as is a wonderful engine. Just service regularly... don't rough it up ridiculously and you should be fine.

superdude_1130
Riding on 13's

Re: Need some info on the AWD Libero GT

Postby superdude_1130 » January 27th, 2016, 7:20 am

Thanks alot buddy...ur contribution makes sense..much appreciation

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”