TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Mitsubishi Colt CJ1A

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jasonworme
Riding on 13's

Mitsubishi Colt CJ1A

Postby jasonworme » January 18th, 2016, 11:22 pm

I am located in Barbados and am looking to turbocharge my stock 4G92 SOHC 1.6 16V. I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on a great kit to get that has everything needed to make the conversion. I would like no more than 10Psi to start off with, and would like to know what brakes I would need as I have standard brakes on. Would I also need a clutch, if so what clutch? I would love a list of things I need to make this conversion as easy as possible. Also, if anyone is scrapping a CJ1A model, I would really like the front panel for it please.

MISHI
3NE 2NR Aficionado

Re: Mitsubishi Colt CJ1A

Postby MISHI » January 23rd, 2016, 1:50 am

CJ1A models are fairly rare here... we mostly get the sedan model (CK)

Kit wise you may find most people will actually build their own kit by having a manifold made and a small turbo, intercooler, management, etc. These are things most people put together. Kit wise, you may be able to find kits from RPW in australia or even from malaysia/ thailand region.

A stock clutch can hold enough depending on how you drive, but may not last long. Your best bet is to upgrade to a street and strip clutch for the very least.

Brake wise, if you can get yourself the rear MIVEC 4x114 setup used and for the least... the MIVEC 254mm fronts, then that will be a great improvement. better still, if you can find the 276mm front rotor caliper setup an evo 1-2-3. once you are, make sure and change all your rubber brake lines as well.

so basically:

turbocharger (nice small one like the GSR td04)
manifold
oil and water lines for turbo
wastegate (in this case you will best get an external one
fabrication work (for intake and exhaust... and to tap oil pan for turbo line feed)
intercooler
fuel pressure regulator
bigger injectors (to be on safe side)
fuel pump (to be on safe side)
engine management (emanage for eg)
boost controller (manual or auto)
gauges (boost, wideband air fuel ratio, oil)

Others may be able to chime in with more info or more specific stuff than that.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”