TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Help with Shifter Problem

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Esedess
Ricer

Help with Shifter Problem

Postby Esedess » November 16th, 2016, 10:27 am

Hey all, got a local 2012 Lancer CY, saw a weird problem, only happened twice in the space of a month, but curious what's going on.
When i shift my car in Drive, it stays in Neutral, the dashboard shows N, now if i just shift it back to Neutral and back to Drive it goes to D. Like i said, only saw it twice within a month, but what could be causing this, curious if it'll get "worst"

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Re: Help with Shifter Problem

Postby racedriverpro » November 16th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Try moving off, as in releasing brake with no throttle, while the dash says n while shifter is in d. Tell us what happens.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 16th, 2016, 3:27 pm

bushing on the shifter cable may be on its way out.
when it goes, you'll be able to move the selector lever, but no gear will change.
if you can open the console, you can pull the lever directly to select gears, or pull the selector directly on top the transmission to select gears (someone should be mashing the brake while you do that).

happened with me recently with a CS.
shifted from D to Ds to descend a steep hill, and noticed it didn't shift back to Don the first try. Later that day refused to shift out of D.

Esedess
Ricer

Postby Esedess » November 17th, 2016, 9:35 am

Thanks for the replies, i will monitor it and if it does it again, ill try to drive with it, and see if it actually switches the gear but just doesn't register on the panel.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”