TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

help needed!! transponder key bypass

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

help needed!! transponder key bypass

Postby BoostJunkieXL » December 7th, 2016, 9:06 am

Good Day Tuners,

friend of mine recently bought a foreign used engine. unfortunately they engine is one that originally came with a chip key. everything was wired up but the car just tumbles and no start. we ran a scan and found out that we need the transponder key to start the engine. unfortunately none was provided to him when he bought the engine. is there anyone who can go into the ecu and reprogram the hex values for the transponder key and leave them blank so it can start ? any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: help needed!! transponder key bypass

Postby nissan4life » December 7th, 2016, 10:49 am

boostjunkie did he change engine or engine ,harness and ecu?
Ecu should be the only thing responsible for the issue you are having as it would have the stored values for the transponder

Call JEL enterprises, 6459535, they maybe able to assist in bypassing/disabling the transponder signal to brain , worth a shot.
Someone on the forum does ECU remapping, do a search as I cant find the link now.

Not sure of the cost as both of these procedures can add up quickly because of the expertise
I would quicker take a chance at replacing ecu with one that isnt programmed to immobilizer

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Re: help needed!! transponder key bypass

Postby BoostJunkieXL » December 7th, 2016, 11:43 am

nissan4life wrote:boostjunkie did he change engine or engine ,harness and ecu?
Ecu should be the only thing responsible for the issue you are having as it would have the stored values for the transponder

Call JEL enterprises, 6459535, they maybe able to assist in bypassing/disabling the transponder signal to brain , worth a shot.
Someone on the forum does ECU remapping, do a search as I cant find the link now.

Not sure of the cost as both of these procedures can add up quickly because of the expertise
I would quicker take a chance at replacing ecu with one that isnt programmed to immobilizer

thanks...unfortunately its the first conversion of its type in trinidad i believe....as far as i know no one has this engine...3 came in the bamboo and we bought 2 and planning on buying the other one for spare parts...tried searching but cant find anything or maybe i suck at searching here :/ .... thanks though ill give them a call.

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”