TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

LANCER CK4 4G92 ELECTRIC AND ECU PROBLEMS

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

faizle491
Riding on 13's

LANCER CK4 4G92 ELECTRIC AND ECU PROBLEMS

Postby faizle491 » December 16th, 2017, 3:07 am

I have my lancer now for about 2 years, but in the past months it has started giving me problems, first I noticed electric components in the car are getting spoilt, first the car alarm, then the wiper relay, then the headlight switch, the stator relay also went, stator was next AND FINALLY THE ECU.

I managed to get an ECU from a junk dealer though it wasn't the right one I fit it into the car, and the car was literally breathing the revs going up and down especially in traffic my electrical guy told me that is due to fitting the wrong ECU. though after changing the headlight switch I noticed it used to get really hot, and the car just felt like something not right electrically.

so we popped open the dashboard and found so many wires had melted the insulation and combined making it short circuit big time, we replaced wires and tidied up the wiring. and all was well again.

but recently again I noticed my headlight switch starting to get hot again and quite sure enough the stator relay gave in this morning.

any advice for me from you guys as to what diagnostics and solution I can do to determine the underlying cause of all this electric problems, instead of a quick fix.

deivid
3NE 2NR for life

Re: LANCER CK4 4G92 ELECTRIC AND ECU PROBLEMS

Postby deivid » January 7th, 2018, 3:33 pm

high amperage is the culprit....what else is related to the headlights..check there this has to be related to the same circuit or a bunch of wires in the harness shorting to ground

Supra GT-FOUR
3NE 2NR for life

Re: LANCER CK4 4G92 ELECTRIC AND ECU PROBLEMS

Postby Supra GT-FOUR » January 7th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Sounds like alternator overcharging. Have a someone check charging voltage. Possible faulty regulator

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”