TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: CS Lancer!

Postby mety57 » May 1st, 2012, 9:32 pm

Biggs3ne wrote:
sound boy 64 wrote:
Biggs3ne wrote:
sound boy 64 wrote:anyone here ever did a SR swap in their cs lancer? i have a few questions

I have a padna who did it? what you want to know?

would the fuel pump work back?
which mounts would need major mods?
would the shifter work back?
axels i could figure that out 8-)

1. The fuel pump will work.
2. Your Mech will have to build a bracket for the Left and right Mount. Engine and Tranny mount I guess. Not sure what he meant by left and right.
3.The shifter would work.
4. B14 SR20 axles would do just fine.

I once considered this and thanks to the tuners on this forum I did not follow through. Best thing to do is save and buy a car with a bigger engine and more power if speed is what you looking for.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead. The choice is yours.

biggs this is a cs lancer thread mitsu's only ....this cross breed thing u supporting :evil: :evil: if the man had a padna that did it well he should ask the padna....plenty ppl does be bad talking mitsubishi cross-breeding is adding salt to the wound

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » May 1st, 2012, 9:37 pm

Biggs3ne wrote:For those who are still in doubt about grounding their ride:

Grounding your car - DIY ground kit
[url]http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=29945[url]

aye..embed fail eh...lol

Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Biggs3ne » May 1st, 2012, 9:54 pm

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » May 1st, 2012, 11:41 pm

So all I need to do this grounding/big 3 is just some 4ga power wire then.

Biggs3ne
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Biggs3ne » May 2nd, 2012, 7:14 am

BrotherHood wrote:So all I need to do this grounding/big 3 is just some 4ga power wire then.

Just buy out 5-7 yards of 4ga and about 8 ring terminals to be safe. Don't forget sand paper or any thing u could use to clean the grounding points on the chasis, engine and tranny.

meterboy
Riding on 13's

Postby meterboy » May 2nd, 2012, 9:18 am

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum and i love how meticulus and diverse this website/forum is! I'm from St. Lucia and i'm trying to find an ECU for a CS3A Lancer

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » May 2nd, 2012, 9:14 pm

ii have a tranny ecu

luckyloulou
Riding on 13's

Postby luckyloulou » May 3rd, 2012, 2:58 pm

any 1 know who cud reflash GDI 4g93T ECU?

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 4th, 2012, 7:52 am

^^^check xtech

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » May 4th, 2012, 11:45 pm

meterboy wrote:Hi guys

I'm new to this forum and i love how meticulus and diverse this website/forum is! I'm from St. Lucia and i'm trying to find an ECU for a CS3A Lancer

Welcome to the forum!!

QG
punchin NOS

Postby QG » May 4th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Biggs3ne wrote:I had to buy a coil pack on Saturday because the stem broke off the old one and got stuck in the hole. All I need is the coil stem and the old one would be as good as new. Does any one have a coil stem jut lying around by chance.

Late last year moms bought two sets of BRAND new coil packs for the Lancer after the car was giving trouble and diagnostic scan keeps saying coil problem :lol: :lol: , if I find the other one laying around then you can get it.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » May 5th, 2012, 6:44 am

meterboy wrote:Hi guys

Welcome 8-)

The CS has a total of 3 ECU's ( i think) engine, tranny and cant recall the other one.

You need to post which one you looking for.

anthonyanthony
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby anthonyanthony » May 5th, 2012, 3:10 pm

As fas as I know the cs3 lancer (2005) one ECU for the engine / cvt tranny. It is located up under the dash.
Then their is an ecu for the SRS and one for the ABS.
Then their is one in the fuse box under the dash called the ETAC ecu.
Another on e in the engine bay fuse box ie the green fella called the FRONT END ecu.
Their are also an ECU in the steering column, one for the power windows/ door locks and one for the instrument panel built into the instrument panel cluster.
Thats all I can remenber

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 5th, 2012, 8:13 pm

anyone have any CS disk and calipers around?

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 6th, 2012, 9:44 am

^^^yep

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » May 6th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Has anyone ever crossdrill/slot/vent their OEM CS rotors?

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » May 6th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Why would you do that when you can buy the slotted and cross drilled aftermarket rotas?

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 6th, 2012, 12:56 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:^^^yep

send meh a lil pm with the price if you wanna sell

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » May 6th, 2012, 1:22 pm

ZeroOne wrote:Why would you do that when you can buy the slotted and cross drilled aftermarket rotas?

I know there are aftermarket ones being sold. I just threw the question out there to any, if any at all and if possible, potential pioneers of the said project.
8-)

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 6th, 2012, 1:24 pm

ZeroOne wrote:Why would you do that when you can buy the slotted and cross drilled aftermarket rotas?
whaz dat?

BrotherHood
yes I know a guy with a machine shop that did his own (cross drilled and slotted)...the price is reasonable compared to buying good brand name rotors such as DBA, Powerslot, Brembo etc....I don't recommend buyin cheap aftermarket rotors (even tho men buy it and say it does wuk bess)

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » May 6th, 2012, 2:06 pm

^^^ ammm i bought my sp performance slotted @ dualstar @ 1000 a pr. hav em almost 3 yrs n counting n works like a charm tho i dont feel any diff. not that u wud "feel" the cooling aspect

anyway :D. go ahead, drill urs n watch dem crack away. companies that sells aftermarket rotors test n verify it can withstand abuse and the materials wud be a tad stronger to compensate for drilled surfaces.... this is not a DIY thingy.

if only i cud get my hands on slotted for the rear discs eh

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 6th, 2012, 2:34 pm

geometron wrote:^^^ ammm i bought my sp performance slotted @ dualstar @ 1000 a pr. hav em almost 3 yrs n counting n works like a charm tho i dont feel any diff. not that u wud "feel" the cooling aspect

anyway :D. go ahead, drill urs n watch dem crack away. companies that sells aftermarket rotors test n verify it can withstand abuse and the materials wud be a tad stronger to compensate for drilled surfaces.... this is not a DIY thingy.

notice I said the word "cheap" eh...$1,000 a pair isn't my definition of cheap...I talkin bout no name chinese/taiwanese rotors...they crack and warp easily with excessive heat, also they cut down fast, it also depends what disc pad you use....

if I had the option I would have only slotted my stock rotors BUT I already bought DBA rotors so no need to do that....btw geometron my rear discs are slotted eh :mrgreen:

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 6th, 2012, 5:52 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:
whaz dat?

BrotherHood
yes I know a guy with a machine shop that did his own (cross drilled and slotted)...the price is reasonable compared to buying good brand name rotors such as DBA, Powerslot, Brembo etc....I don't recommend buyin cheap aftermarket rotors (even tho men buy it and say it does wuk bess)

ill might try it one day but go with slotted

drilled would def. weaken the rotors

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » May 6th, 2012, 8:46 pm

turbo_beast369 wrote:
geometron wrote:^^^ ammm i bought my sp performance slotted @ dualstar @ 1000 a pr. hav em almost 3 yrs n counting n works like a charm tho i dont feel any diff. not that u wud "feel" the cooling aspect

notice I said the word "cheap" eh...$1,000 a pair isn't my definition of cheap...I talkin bout no name chinese/taiwanese rotors...they crack and warp easily with excessive heat, also they cut down fast, it also depends what disc pad you use....

if I had the option I would have only slotted my stock rotors BUT I already bought DBA rotors so no need to do that....btw geometron my rear discs are slotted eh :mrgreen:

DBA? wayyzzzz n u saying 1000 expensive... oh the irony :D. DBA kangaroo paw orr?

yep cus i got the SP drilled/slotted like in pic above, with wagners pads on are they hold just fine... wud like to upgrade to a brembo setup 1 day if $ flows rightfully...or jus sell my project n get me a fresh Evo 9 :evil: :evil: :evil:

rear slotted ? from what vehicle? ralliart wagon orr? lucky bastardddd

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » May 7th, 2012, 12:18 am

BrotherHood wrote:

I know there are aftermarket ones being sold. I just threw the question out there to any, if any at all and if possible, potential pioneers of the said project.
8-)

won't doing that weaken the structural integrity of the rotor?

mety57
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mety57 » May 7th, 2012, 7:36 am

i got myself some even cheaper rotors.. $600 from m&n and slapped some wagner pads on for about 10 months now ....but i think it,s all in what break pads one use

EXODUS
punchin NOS

Postby EXODUS » May 7th, 2012, 8:40 am

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/apf.aspx

fellaz...was thinking to try this out.. hit me a feedback if you all use something of the sort or whats a good alternative.

KURMAman
Riding on 16's

Postby KURMAman » May 7th, 2012, 1:41 pm

Hey ppl,

I was wondering if u all know of any dependable mechanics that can change my mounts. Im up st augustine/curepe side during the day and was wondering if u all have any recommendations. thnx for any info.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby BrotherHood » May 7th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Rooki3 wrote:
BrotherHood wrote:

8-)

won't doing that weaken the structural integrity of the rotor?

Yes it would, just as resurfacing a rotor disk would. More prone to crack under pressure. Not that i want to do it, just a thought I had because i want to do the rotor disk upgrade and was thinking that companies may have experimented.

turbo_beast369
Riding on 18's

Postby turbo_beast369 » May 7th, 2012, 4:53 pm

geometron wrote:
turbo_beast369 wrote:

DBA? wayyzzzz n u saying 1000 expensive... oh the irony :D. DBA kangaroo paw orr?

rear slotted ? from what vehicle? ralliart wagon orr? lucky bastardddd

I never said $1000 was expensive lol

yes front and rear slotted...I still have on the stock rotors (yes from a ralliart wagon) I jus waiting to finish out my disc pads then I'll install the new rotors with the new Hawk HPS pads

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Br ... _309500124

this is the front...the slotted pattern is the same

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”