TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby nissan4life » November 22nd, 2016, 12:44 pm

nah zero one he said 4g18 engine. more than likely he ll get it sorted out when he resets the ecu
if not then he looking at map sensor or vacuum leak

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » November 22nd, 2016, 1:15 pm

nissan4life wrote:
PapaC wrote:Image
Morning guys. Prepping to do a 200k service, this was a quote of prices I got from DM a couple months ago.
Is this an exhaustive list of the significant things I have to change? Other than oil and filters I guess, do I need to change transmission oil?

Also BH I will need to get some info about the lights for the dash and so on, car looks like a old string of Christmas tree lights right now.

Seems about right,evry 100k or so timing belt,tensioner and waterpump should be changed.
Not seeing the waterpump quoted.
At 200k why you still servicing at diamond motors?
call AUSCO in town,prices may be better .
Gates timing belt and tensioner are less than whats quoted, cam and crankshaft seal price seems about right. When you decide to change timing belt,its better to change everything on that side of the engine. Dont want to be going back there for a burst seal or failed impeller on waterpump
SP111 cvt oil should be used (autorama in elsocorro have the geniune mitsubishi oil). I change mine every yr and half to 2 yrs and never had any issues with tranny.

I don't intend to service by them. I just asked them to prepare that so I had an idea as to what I should be changing and to get dealer prices.
Will do a lil calling around to check prices outside. I'll call them gornthe price of the water pump.

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » November 23rd, 2016, 8:24 pm

Does Diamond motors sell FU vehicle owners parts?

because i went to purchase a part and gave the guy at the parts counter the chassis number, to my suprise he told me they don't sell ppl who have FU parts. and this happened in sando DM.

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 23rd, 2016, 10:23 pm

I buy online #notaffected

They sell to anyone AFAIK.

mitsuboi
Riding on 17's

Postby mitsuboi » November 23rd, 2016, 10:28 pm

1.6L GLX 5fwd Manual.

i did try resetting the brain by disconnecting the battery and letting idle for 10mins and so on but that did not help. i mentioned manual cuz i was told to leave it in a gear for 2 mins which i obviously can't do.

even asked the owner at autoboss diagnostic to do the relearn process but he doesn't know anything about that.

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » November 23rd, 2016, 11:06 pm

ZeroOne wrote:I buy online #notaffected

They sell to anyone AFAIK.

the guy was very dismissive?

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » November 25th, 2016, 1:55 pm

mitsuboi you need to state what kind of idle issues you having. You could have a vacuum leak or iacv could be bad.
Was this a new iacv or a fu one?

gixxerman as zeroone said online, there is also ausco, autorama, seenaths and other places that sell lancer parts at far less prices than the firm. I ve used ausco and never had any issues with any of the parts they sold me.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 25th, 2016, 5:22 pm

All the new car dealers around that area all go ausco for parts!

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » November 25th, 2016, 8:42 pm

kool thanks

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » November 26th, 2016, 3:45 pm

When changing the cam and crankshaft seal, would I need to change oil one time?
I'm asking cuz I change oil a week ago

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 27th, 2016, 11:29 am

No, oil is not stored in those areas

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » November 29th, 2016, 5:02 pm

^thanks bro..
so what cud i do to get my 4g18 accelerate a little faster? (Nothing too expensive tho) Gonna start Rebuilding the engine Saturday... any lil sheit to do with the head or block?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Re: RE: Re: The Official CS Lancer Thread!

Postby Kronik » November 29th, 2016, 6:30 pm

Jade_Inc. wrote:^thanks bro..
so what cud i do to get my 4g18 accelerate a little faster? (Nothing too expensive tho) Gonna start Rebuilding the engine Saturday... any lil sheit to do with the head or block?

Turbo it!! Lol

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 29th, 2016, 8:00 pm

How far into the rebuild are you going?

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » November 29th, 2016, 8:21 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:How far into the rebuild are you going?

Was just gonna change out all the gaskets, seals and piston rings

Turbo sounding expensive kronik :/

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » November 29th, 2016, 8:36 pm

My best advice is tonChange valve seals and install oem or better properly lap valves

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » November 29th, 2016, 9:28 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:My best advice is tonChange valve seals and install oem or better properly lap valves

I gots valve seals but it's not oem.
When we take apart the engine I'll ask my mechanic to get his opinion also.

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » November 30th, 2016, 11:49 am

Jade there is nothing wrong with the CS engine. they work flawless. CS lancers are equipped with a cvt transmission and that's where the problem lies.
If you mash down on the accelerator, it will in a sense drop down a gear to get you into a lower torque just like a regular auto transmission to get the acceleration, but unlike regular auto transmissions, CVT's have a gradual buildup of power.

If you want raw power go MANUAL and try not to beef up your engine for a transmission that wasnt designed for it, especially if you not planning to go all the way and get the tiptronic gear shifter and ecu

ZeroOne
12 pounds of Boost

Postby ZeroOne » November 30th, 2016, 2:36 pm

nissan4life wrote:

Jade there is nothing wrong with the CS engine. they work flawless. CS lancers are equipped with a cvt transmission and that's where the problem lies.
If you mash down on the accelerator, it will in a sense drop down a gear to get you into a lower torque just like a regular auto transmission to get the acceleration, but unlike regular auto transmissions, CVT's have a gradual buildup of power.

If you want raw power go MANUAL and try not to beef up your engine for a transmission that wasnt designed for it, especially if you not planning to go all the way and get the tiptronic gear shifter and ecu

X2 Manual all the way.

Even easier with non-gdi

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » November 30th, 2016, 9:52 pm

nissan4life wrote:

Thanks for that advice!.. I'll just stick to rebuilding it to oem specs..
On another note, anyone knows where I can get piston rings bigger than the oem ones just in case I need it?
Faiz got original size only

badseedz
Riding on 13's

Re:

Postby badseedz » December 12th, 2016, 6:20 pm

good day. im new to the site but i have some questions! seem like you are the ones to ask! i bought a ck4 lancer. it has a 4g92 engine and a 4g93 transmission. first problem im having is from a cold start in the morning you have to keep your foot on the gas to warm it up otherwise it cuts off. once its warm it stays running. im getting a slow pull of when i come to a full stop. took it to my mechanic he said the timing belt was off and because of that one of the valve bent. also said the wired and bypassed some plugs i guess to the transmission! if i wanted to go with a dohc what engine can i put in to bolt up exact with the 4g93 transmission? and do i change the head only or the head and block?

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Re:

Postby nissan4life » December 13th, 2016, 4:02 pm

badseedz wrote:good day. im new to the site but i have some questions! seem like you are the ones to ask! i bought a ck4 lancer. it has a 4g92 engine and a 4g93 transmission. first problem im having is from a cold start in the morning you have to keep your foot on the gas to warm it up otherwise it cuts off. once its warm it stays running. im getting a slow pull of when i come to a full stop. took it to my mechanic he said the timing belt was off and because of that one of the valve bent. also said the wired and bypassed some plugs i guess to the transmission! if i wanted to go with a dohc what engine can i put in to bolt up exact with the 4g93 transmission? and do i change the head only or the head and block?

stalls on cold starts are usually associated with dirty/faulty airflow or iacv. Once you pump is priming properly.

"also said the wired and bypassed some plugs i guess to the transmission!" What are you trying to say here?
Also what valve is bent?on timing sprocket or engine valves?

4g92 and 93 should share same bell house. I could be wrong, not sure why transmission had to be rewired unless they using wrong ecu.
4G93 came in both DOHC ,DOHC GDI and turbo versions, so you have to know which one you got in.Head and block all the way for less headache.

SUPERMAN NY
Riding on 13's

Postby SUPERMAN NY » December 15th, 2016, 4:27 am

Looking for a Spiral Cable Air Bag Clock Spring for a Cs3 Lancer. My ABS light stays on. Horn isnt working. Was told that might be the issue. Where can i get one of those?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » December 15th, 2016, 2:26 pm

SUPERMAN NY wrote:Looking for a Spiral Cable Air Bag Clock Spring for a Cs3 Lancer. My ABS light stays on. Horn isnt working. Was told that might be the issue. Where can i get one of those?

I have the same issue, looking for one as well, didn't really check around much though. I can't remember if it's my ABS or SRS light though

nissan4life
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby nissan4life » December 16th, 2016, 12:53 pm

SUPERMAN NY wrote:Looking for a Spiral Cable Air Bag Clock Spring for a Cs3 Lancer. My ABS light stays on. Horn isnt working. Was told that might be the issue. Where can i get one of those?

You mean SRS light,not Abs.lol
ABS is brakes bro, if its the SRS then yes its the spiral cable. Check Bamboo, just shop around.
I changed mine the other day, went down the street with raj auto. some arse wanted $600 for it. Drove further down made a right in a side street and ended up paying 250.00 and 150.00 to get it installed one time.
Man even told me how to change it, but if you put it in wrong and lock all on your steering you will burst the cable. Wasnt feel adventurous so i paid the 150.00

SUPERMAN NY
Riding on 13's

Postby SUPERMAN NY » December 16th, 2016, 10:44 pm

nissan4life wrote:

You mean SRS light,not Abs.lol
ABS is brakes bro, if its the SRS then yes its the spiral cable. Check Bamboo, just shop around.
I changed mine the other day, went down the street with raj auto. some arse wanted $600 for it. Drove further down made a right in a side street and ended up paying 250.00 and 150.00 to get it installed one time.
Man even told me how to change it, but if you put it in wrong and lock all on your steering you will burst the cable. Wasnt feel adventurous so i paid the 150.00

Oops yes its the SRS sorry! thanks! i will check bamboo thanks!

fras
Chronic 2NR

Postby fras » December 18th, 2016, 12:40 pm

dunno if yall saw this... gearbox conversion

http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=687487

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » December 23rd, 2016, 11:52 am

tuners...got rid of the gdi turbo engine and installed this....wa u guys think ?

4g69 mivec
5fw manual with lsd
Attachments
rsz_img-20161211-wa0099.jpg
rsz_img-20161211-wa0097.jpg
rsz_img-20161211-wa0097.jpg
rsz_img-20161206-wa0150.jpg
engine bay color in sunlight
rsz_20161203_213230_richtonehdr.jpg
rsz_20161203_193349.jpg
rsz_20161203_181837_richtonehdr.jpg
rsz_20161202_235617.jpg

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » December 23rd, 2016, 11:55 am

gonna be doing some additional cosmetic work while i acquire parts for the turbo build.
Attachments
rsz_received_1531380353555383.jpg
car looks like this still :)
rsz_received_1530378906988861.jpg
engine bay before
rsz_img-20161211-wa0101.jpg

trinmari
Riding on 13's

4g18 cvt tranny

Postby trinmari » January 2nd, 2017, 5:42 am

ok guys i've been getting all kinda of answers and but nothing concrete on which to work with. want to switch out from the cvt transmission eventually, dont want to put in a bigger engine or manual because the wife drives the car also. the cvt(f1c1a) has been reliable for me but recently, when the car is cold, when i shift to drive or reverse the car begins to idle very rough but drives normal after. (this only happens when the car is cold). Will the tranny from the the ck 4g15 work on the the 4g18?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”