TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

:::Subaru Upgrades:::

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Polydor
3NE2NR is my LIFE

:::Subaru Upgrades:::

Postby Polydor » March 12th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Since theres always a hell of alot of questions about what mods can i do etc i thought i'd start a thread with a list of mods, what they are, what they improve and how much approx cost. and if possible a pic of mod. Its gonna end up huge so please have some patience whilst all is compiled.

If you have any additional parts you want or suggest to be added please feel free to add.

Bear in mind alot of these will be same for alot of cars not just impreza :!:

1. Anti Lift Kit

When accelerating, loading on a car changes. The movement forces more weight onto the back end making the car 'sit down' (suspension to compress) and the front end to raise (extend suspension). This happens not only from a standing start but also when driving.

When this occurs your changing the balance of the car and also the grip level on the tyres.

Due to this the front end becomes light and traction for turning and control becomes a problem.

The anti lift kit comprises two parts, the bracket and the bush's (although they are usual sold together as same part). The bush's are made of a firmer material and therefore don't flex as much, the brackets are also stiffer but also changes the location and geometry of the control arm pick-up point to remove the "lift" resulting from the original geometry. The new mount also relocates the arm in another plane to add 0.5 deg. static positive castor.

Easiest way to understand it, stops the nose of the car going up alot when you floor it.

Cost: 218.00 USD

^^^Any Scubie owners ever used this :?:
What pros and cons :?:

Before:

After: Image

Advertisement
Dragsta
punchin NOS

Postby Dragsta » March 12th, 2007, 10:40 pm

check JWT

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » March 13th, 2007, 9:01 am

try the TSOC.... i think other subie owners may have tried this

www.scoobytnt.com

IMPREZZING
3NE 2NR for life

Postby IMPREZZING » March 29th, 2007, 1:30 pm

how about a review thread about parts we used so people can see what is avalible and how well it worked.
the first thing i changed in my sti were the motor mounts, because the 06's have liquid filled ones here in the us and are prone to failure. they were replaced with a cusco motor/trans mount kit and i love them.

Sunrise City Rider
Street 2NR

Postby Sunrise City Rider » April 1st, 2007, 9:05 pm

I have the older Whiteline ALK on my 00 GC8...It makes for a more neutral handling chassis and allows for later braking and earlier acceleration when taking corners...

It will transmit a bit more noise into the cabin but my Subaru is my "Race Car" and I don't mind a bit more noise for a better handling chassis...

Understeer is the biggest problem with these cars and anything to help move away from understeer and into a more neutral chassis is invaluable...

Look into a larger Rear Sway Bar as well...Larger Front Sway Bars also help as it causes less weight transfer to the outside wheel and helps prevent it from "Pushing" thru the corner...

But, Tires make the biggest difference in the handling of your car, no matter how much other modifications you have...
Buy the Best Rubber you can afford and run the Fronts at around 40psi with the Rears at 38psi...

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » April 9th, 2007, 3:13 am

^^I concur...sway bars are an excellent upgrade.

Also, be sure to look into some Polyurethane Bushings, say from Whiteline, Prothane, or Energy Suspension. I currently run the Energy Suspension bushings on my car, and they have made a difference in terms of overall handling "feel". However, there is a bit of sacrifice when it comes to a bit of a "stiffer" feeling ride, with a little more noise / vibration coming into the cabin. It's not a big difference, but for the gain one can get, it's worth it.

Sunrise City Rider
Street 2NR

Postby Sunrise City Rider » April 9th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Knight1 wrote:^^I concur...sway bars are an excellent upgrade.

Also, be sure to look into some Polyurethane Bushings, say from Whiteline, Prothane, or Energy Suspension. I currently run the Energy Suspension bushings on my car, and they have made a difference in terms of overall handling "feel". However, there is a bit of sacrifice when it comes to a bit of a "stiffer" feeling ride, with a little more noise / vibration coming into the cabin. It's not a big difference, but for the gain one can get, it's worth it.

What car do you have??? Any pics of it???

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » April 9th, 2007, 9:11 pm

^^^PMed.

Buy the Best Rubber you can afford and run the Fronts at around 40psi with the Rears at 38psi...

40 psi you say?

madcoolieboy
3NE 2NR for life
Location: arkham asylum for the criminally insane..Under the alias: 'SYKO'

Postby madcoolieboy » April 26th, 2007, 12:09 pm

really want upgrades?! if you running an STi $32000USD will have you running 500+hp stage 2 upgrade.. includes suspension,brakes,engine components,dual intercoolers the works.. daiz upgrade dey!!

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”