Just thought id share a lil project I did recently. my car is an 08 impreza hatch. I have had it for about two years and have done a few diy mods to it. Nothing too technical. This is the car:
Recently my lambda oxygen sensor started to act up, it has to do with the catalytic converter efficiency. I tried decatting but I still get the error just less frequently now. I bought one of these OBD bluetooth adapters:
and I wanted some sorta permanent display in the car so I bought a lil verizon phone with a 4.5 inch screen for 20 dollars off amazon. I also bought the full version of the torque app. The app is ridiculous. Alotta options for clearing codes, real time displays such as boost, RPM, voltage, etc and it can also log data such as fuel efficiency and distance etc. I highly recommend it for hobbyists looking for an inexpensive monitoring solution.
I ended up fabricating this lil mount for it:
At first I made a lil frame for the display with some old 1/2 inch ply I had laying round and used expanding foam to set it in place and fill the large gaps.
Then i trimmed down the foam and added some filler.
i needed to catch that curve hear the shifter properly so i had to do that part in car.
added the lil wings to the side trimmed and sanded.
and finally wrapped it in some leatherette.
this is how I have the displays I want set.
now I realise it would be more practical to have the gauges or whatever display further up but for my application, I just need the fault clearing ability but I have also set it to log fuel efficiency numbers etc. check out the app options. The adapter works great for me and for 10us you cant go wrong.