TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

2009 Impreza Vibration at High Speed

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

2009 Impreza Vibration at High Speed

Postby daxt0r » September 9th, 2015, 12:34 pm

I had this problem a while now, so i change rims and tires and i suspected i had a bent rim from a drop in a big hole.

Did the whole alignment and speed balance but still after about 150km/h i get pretty serious vibration until i slow down to under 140km/h.

The guy (RONS) who did the alignment, camber,etc said all the suspension parts look good. I don't want to just throw parts at this because subie parts are expensive. What is the most likely cause of the issue?

I want to resolve it quickly before my brand new tires start to cut bad.

Scoobybizkit
Riding on 13's

Re: 2009 Impreza Vibration at High Speed

Postby Scoobybizkit » September 9th, 2015, 7:04 pm

If the new aftermarket rims and does not line up on the spindle it will vibrate and cut your tyres. It's called hub centric rings and mileage Mack custom makes them - they can check it out

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » September 9th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Your first problem is that you went by Rons. Go to either Mileage Mack and have the problem checked or Roops in Gasparillo

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 11th, 2015, 8:25 am

Hahaha , i thought Rons was big so they good, i don't normally go there, only went cuz i want to protect my investment in my new rims an tyres.

I work in Gasparillo! Where is this Roops u speak of bro?

Scooby, i think that may be it, because this is the second set of rims that doing that, i gone down inna big whole with the first set so i thought it was bent.

I guess either of those folks can give me a diagnosis right? Cuz accroding to the man in Rons all suspension looking good! And a went back twice with no luck !!!!

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » September 11th, 2015, 9:26 am

Roops is located on that little link up between kfc and norman jnct. Is opposite the carpark next to saladeens cafe.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 11th, 2015, 4:25 pm

i go look for it when ah coming out ah gasparillo, dis might sound bad but i woking gasparillo 6 years now and i doh know where you talking bout at all!

Daiz d link road going towards harmony hall ent? The car park you talking bout is where the doubles an ting does sell or somewhere else?

I go make a drive an see, hopefully it have some signage! lol

If i eh find it i will go Mileage MAck in the morning, they as good right?

Licensed to Walk!
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Refusing to beg ppl to do the job they're being paid for!

Postby Licensed to Walk! » September 11th, 2015, 7:16 pm

Toyopet wrote:Your first problem is that you went by Rons. Go to either Mileage Mack and have the problem checked or Roops in Gasparillo

Agreed!

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 15th, 2015, 11:55 am

Well ah went mileage mack, and alighment an balance was way off ! But the problem seems to be that i need some special rings for the rim, apparently its not centered or something like that.

They didn't have the size for my rim so i have to get it machined by someone they recommended to me. After that i will see what's up. All in all though they far more experienced than Rons, and very friendly staff who seem to know wa dey doing.

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » September 30th, 2015, 8:14 pm

If you still have the problem do the very basic..which I saw no one recommend

Check your wheel bearing.... should have done that before changing rims and all that..

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » October 1st, 2015, 9:29 am

I still have the problem, actually after reading online i saw lots of people say that.
I actually bought a pair of complete hubs from amazon yesterday

thanks man

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » October 1st, 2015, 11:05 am

Hmm you should have checked for noise or if you had time, have your mechanic remove your wheel, axel nut and check the entire spindle to see if it had any play whatsoever..

And amazon? OEM Subaru?

Toyopet
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Toyopet » October 1st, 2015, 11:14 am

JJ16 wrote:Hmm you should have checked for noise or if you had time, have your mechanic remove your wheel, axel nut and check the entire spindle to see if it had any play whatsoever..

And amazon? OEM Subaru?

I bought items off amazon for my GH impreza. Obviously it wasn't oem but it worked

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » October 1st, 2015, 1:10 pm

OEM is big money! The highest rated wasn't the OEM it was they German one i got for like quarter the price.

Toyopet is tru, almost all parts other than engine and electronic can be sourced online. Some of those parts can even be sourced if you know the part number. So what i do is find the japanese part numbers and lookup on amazon.

Most cars you would find suspension and body parts will work fine and you can always double check using part numbers from Japan and even Euro spec cars.

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » October 2nd, 2015, 8:27 pm

Okay then... well good luck with that...

OEM is "big money" for a reason....

and yes i am 100% aware of how it works daxt0r...however certain things are better OEM than aftermarket... If you get something that isn't made exactly to spec you will encounter the SAME problem or even worst, and then you'd end up spending the world of money TRYING to figure out your issue.

Regardless, good luck trying to find it... the way you choose to go about it is always up 2 you.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » October 13th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Just to update people who may be getting the same problem.

It was the hub/bearing itself. When the left side was removed spinning manually a deviation, a sort of grind was exhibited.

That being said i bought rotors&pads, inner and outer steering ends, stabalizer link, bushings, ball joints, air and cabin filters using the part numbers and all items changed successfully without any problems at all.

On a side note, whey da Cabin air filter was green and brown dred, the AC cold like ice now even on the lowest setting, and this car black.

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”