TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Subaru Purchase Advice

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Vic_Boss
Riding on 13's

Subaru Purchase Advice

Postby Vic_Boss » October 24th, 2015, 10:44 am

Hey everyone i'm looking for some help from the community.

I've been driving for a couple years now but looking to finally purchase my first vehicle. I've checked out a couple cars but I've settled my mind on the Subaru Impreza, specifically the hatchback model.

I've come to mind of going with one of two options:
1) Buy a base model non-turbo 1500cc just for running around the place. If I do this however I would like to know if I can buy a WRX or STI body kit to install as i'm in love with that sport look they have.

2) Buy a WRX hatchback (price range of the STI kind of ridiculous imo). This would allow if I want to do any mods in the future because after reading threads here I think I would want to. Only problem with this is I am not seeing any WRX versions when searching online. I don't know if i'm just searching for the wrong places or wrong keywords but nada.

Know there isn't much you can do to the non turbo base model in terms of increasing performance so that's why the wrx model was on my mind.

What would be your take on this?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Subaru Purchase Advice

Postby nervewrecker » October 24th, 2015, 11:14 pm

gh model?

Budget?

Vic_Boss
Riding on 13's

Postby Vic_Boss » October 25th, 2015, 9:41 am

nervewrecker wrote:gh model?

Budget?

If i'm buying the non-turbo GH model the highest i'm willing to go is like 65-70k. Saw cars on trinicarsforsale that fall under that though.

If its the wrx version not sure how high cause at a certain point i'd just consider the utility of a van over speed.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 25th, 2015, 10:38 am

If you serious I know where has a gh model wrx for $115.

Was going to buy it but I like the older peanut eye and bug eyes more.

tardissubie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tardissubie » October 28th, 2015, 4:32 am

By your post I figure the GH WRX is more money than you plan to spend and that the look of the GH is what interests you more than performance...

By that, might as well get the non-turbo GH awd model and enjoy some affordable modifications with any money left over in your budget. The car is common enough that you can get it sold when you can afford or decide to go for performance via a WRX

If its straight up performance you are looking for...the 02-07 WRX are great platforms and are a bit more affordable due to age...

We don't know your budget but if you can afford and maintain the GH WRX comfortably...just get it

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”