TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

555 Shenanigans: Can I touch your cone?

Fuji Heavy Industry tech talk - STi, WRX, Forester etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stikid09
3NE2NR is my LIFE

555 Shenanigans: Can I touch your cone?

Postby stikid09 » November 19th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Now that I’m safe and sound home and can’t jinx it (I think)- I’m not entirely sure how my gearbox lasted me through yesterday’s event.

Numerous 7000RPM launches and clutch kicks this 5 speed managed to hold itself together at the Creative Auto Recreational Sports Autocross 1 event.

While I’m at it kudos to the committee on a well executed event too, only nitpicking is how tight the corners mentioned below were.

Honestly had a blast running the course even though it proved to be an absolute challenge on 3 very tight corners in particular. Very very pleased with how well the car handled through the sea of cones.

The “fly back in seat” effect was so good…just kidding I’m slow- I’m SLOW. Found the optimal tyre pressure and coilover damping for what I’m doing there in that car park too.

**runs off to makes notes in The Book of Things that work on my Subaru (Page 1/1)**

Edited

Also found the root of some previously teething electrical issues- a broken coilpack being the culprit. A quick fix was done in order to be able to run, but I think the next step is to convert to GDB coilpacks. Oh joy…spending money.

My favourite part however, was being able to carry friends and supporters out for ride alongs- that meant so much to me. Finally, being able to return the favour that so many drivers facilitated through the years of me spectating different aspects of motorsport.
Last edited by Titan Procurement Ltd. on February 3rd, 2018, 8:58 am, edited 31 times in total.

Advertisement

Return to “SUBARU”