Forums

BT 50 Engine Performance

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: BT 50 Engine Performance

Postby supernedd » March 13th, 2019, 5:10 am

gt4tified wrote:Thread bump....bought a 2010 BT-50 two weeks ago. Its my first diesel vehicle...runs well, but a little blue smoke when shifting at 4k rpm or over. I'm guessing its the turbo. Where is the best place that I can pick up a TD04 replacement? (will get the flange from the guy in Penal). Also, is there any benefit in doing an aftermarket FMIC and piping? Finally, what are your thoughts on a second fuel filter after the primary? The van came with a cheap plastic in-line one...been reading that it may actually hinder performance. What do you guys think?
What type of engine do u have ?.'Monitor it. Not all the time is turbo. Head n gasket is d famous issue. If it is a wl engine. And a secondary inline filter.. I have one. But what I did. I took out d strainer in my fuel pump and the inline filter I have is a metal one. Not the plastic. It reusable .. and I don't find it restrictive much. Not too noticeable . I have the wl engine. Easier for me to clean or replace my inline filter.. than cleaning d strainer in d pump

Advertisement
gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 13th, 2019, 12:00 pm

supernedd wrote:
gt4tified wrote:Thread bump....bought a 2010 BT-50 two weeks ago. Its my first diesel vehicle...runs well, but a little blue smoke when shifting at 4k rpm or over. I'm guessing its the turbo. Where is the best place that I can pick up a TD04 replacement? (will get the flange from the guy in Penal). Also, is there any benefit in doing an aftermarket FMIC and piping? Finally, what are your thoughts on a second fuel filter after the primary? The van came with a cheap plastic in-line one...been reading that it may actually hinder performance. What do you guys think?
What type of engine do u have ?.'Monitor it. Not all the time is turbo. Head n gasket is d famous issue. If it is a wl engine. And a secondary inline filter.. I have one. But what I did. I took out d strainer in my fuel pump and the inline filter I have is a metal one. Not the plastic. It reusable .. and I don't find it restrictive much. Not too noticeable . I have the wl engine. Easier for me to clean or replace my inline filter.. than cleaning d strainer in d pump

Thanks for the reply. Its the wl 2.5 turbo engine. The engine is from all accounts, pretty healthy. The previous owner did not abuse it and seemed to have maintained it well. There is no back pressure at all, no burning of oil under normal driving conditions, starts with once bounce from cold start on a morning. But it's still on the original turbo, and the engine is doing 232,xxx km now. Regarding the secondary filter, what I was reading related to the type of filter. Apparently the guys were saying that at the pump, there is an initial strainer/filter there that takes out the big stuff. After that the regular filter should remove anything. They were saying that putting a cheap filter after the OEM placed one does nothing since the OEM filter strains for much smaller micron particles than a cheap one, reusable or not. Think of it like putting a rice strainer under a flour sifter and thinking that what passes through both is better than just the flour sifter alone.

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 14th, 2019, 7:08 am

gt4tified wrote:
supernedd wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Its the wl 2.5 turbo engine. The engine is from all accounts, pretty healthy. The previous owner did not abuse it and seemed to have maintained it well. There is no back pressure at all, no burning of oil under normal driving conditions, starts with once bounce from cold start on a morning. But it's still on the original turbo, and the engine is doing 232,xxx km now. Regarding the secondary filter, what I was reading related to the type of filter. Apparently the guys were saying that at the pump, there is an initial strainer/filter there that takes out the big stuff. After that the regular filter should remove anything. They were saying that putting a cheap filter after the OEM placed one does nothing since the OEM filter strains for much smaller micron particles than a cheap one, reusable or not. Think of it like putting a rice strainer under a flour sifter and thinking that what passes through both is better than just the flour sifter alone.
Ok cool .if it is the Turbo. Keep us posted.. the strainer in d pump works. Jus need cleaning from time to time.. kinda annoying to remove and clean. I using a aeromotive inline fuel filter. 10micron . I know what u mean by d restrictions .. but I honestly it not noticeable to me . And it easier to remove n clean. And to be honest these vans aint exactly speed..so I doh even bother with d performance. Once it not a steam roller speed. Lol. I took out my strainer in d pump. So basically d inline filter n original filter is my protection... if u want .. remove d filter u found n see if it makes a difference . And clean your strainer. Cause plenty owners dont or never clean that

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » March 14th, 2019, 7:13 am

And to be honest. First we have to know how much microns does the original filter,and is are they filtering properly... and some of them filters does be jokey.. yea I doh buy d original . Lol .. better safe than sorry .. but if u think d one u have makes no sense... remove it.. but don't remove d one in d pump. Clean it tho. U could if u want too.. I did. Cause I didn't care .lol.. but then I say..let me put back something . Jus in case
gt4tified wrote:
supernedd wrote:

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”