The Mazda 3 thread

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Re: The Mazda 3 thread

Postby dredman1 » April 11th, 2016, 11:58 pm

pimp wrote:
pimp wrote:guys, lookin 4 a strut bar for my mazda 3....
any1 has any 4 sale?
or can u point me in the direction as to where i can find 1?

Guys?

Haven't looked for this in a few years, but back when I first bought my 3 and wanted one, Car Boutique in St James and at Wheel Wizard in Chaguanas had it.

But after some research, I realised it didn't make much sense as it really wasn't needed, since the strut towers themselves are already practically mounted on the firewall. Also if I recall, the hood clearance with the bar on was EXTREMELY close, and might involve leaving the battery cover off for some bars.

But to each his own if you still want to get one. Would suggest you call around a couple local aftermarket performance shops to see if they have any or if they can direct you to where may sell it. Even check some powersellers on here for info.

myfirstborn
Riding on 13's

Postby myfirstborn » April 12th, 2016, 11:13 am

konartis wrote:I think it's the engine size and maybe a few features... Local has sun roof and 1.6 engines as far as I know...

thanks for the response @ konartis, any info on availability of parts in the bamboo, accessories etc

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » April 12th, 2016, 11:30 am

^^ I find its easier to get parts online for the local since you can type in the VIN# and get the correct thing.
The singapore roro's VIN is a different format so you have to buy by engine size. Most parts are compatible but some the bolt up may be
different. so it all depends on the engine spec yours come with since there are a few variations.

So far i havent had much issues getting parts locally or online. Also the 2011 Mazda 2 is the same engine spec as the 1.5L 06/07 Mazda 3

Yungwood91
Riding on 13's

Postby Yungwood91 » April 13th, 2016, 6:48 pm

What's up Mazda peeps! I'm having problems with the brakes on my 2006 Mazda 3 the pedal is soft/spongy and needs to mash right down to brake also a hissing or wheezing noise is made when you mash. If anyone experienced this problem can you help because I'm not sure if it is the brake booster or the master cylinder that's bad.

pimp
Street 2NR

Postby pimp » April 13th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Tanx dredman 1, wil do....

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Re: RE: Re: The Mazda 3 thread

Postby konartis » April 14th, 2016, 10:34 am

Yungwood91 wrote:What's up Mazda peeps! I'm having problems with the brakes on my 2006 Mazda 3 the pedal is soft/spongy and needs to mash right down to brake also a hissing or wheezing noise is made when you mash. If anyone experienced this problem can you help because I'm not sure if it is the brake booster or the master cylinder that's bad.

I had that problem a while ago, happened when I changed my brakes pad....had the mech do a Change of the brake oil and a proper bleed etc and it went away.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » April 14th, 2016, 10:37 am

originalbling wrote:^^ I find its easier to get parts online for the local since you can type in the VIN# and get the correct thing.
The singapore roro's VIN is a different format so you have to buy by engine size. Most parts are compatible but some the bolt up may be
different. so it all depends on the engine spec yours come with since there are a few variations.

So far i havent had much issues getting parts locally or online. Also the 2011 Mazda 2 is the same engine spec as the 1.5L 06/07 Mazda 3

You have a specific site that u used bro? Rock auto seemed to changed theirs and need some cradles/ rear suspension to purchase.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » April 14th, 2016, 12:58 pm

^^^ A lot of the suspension parts are the same between the Mazda 3i in the US (their 2.0L model) and the local 1.5 and 1.6 models.

Stuff that I changed that were the same were front and rear stabiliser bar end links and their bushings, the front and rear control arms and their bushings, the rear trailing arms and lateral links, the shocks and shock mounts.

Bought generic parts online from rockauto, and OEM Mazda parts from places like arlington mazda, jim ellis mazda, to name a couple.

Just make sure you buy for the same model year.

mussa21
Riding on 13's

Postby mussa21 » April 14th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Goodday folks having a real hard time getting my front tires to stop cutting on the inside on my 2005 Mazda 3 i got some info about a cambering plate/pillowball mount. but i want to know where i can get this to buy or if anyone has an alternative.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » April 14th, 2016, 4:56 pm

konartis wrote:You have a specific site that u used bro? Rock auto seemed to changed theirs and need some cradles/ rear suspension to purchase.

I ordered rear suspension parts from onlinemazdaparts.com

just make sure u check the part diagram unless you have a part no.
Last edited by originalbling on April 14th, 2016, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

originalbling
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby originalbling » April 14th, 2016, 4:58 pm

mussa21 wrote:Goodday folks having a real hard time getting my front tires to stop cutting on the inside on my 2005 Mazda 3 i got some info about a cambering plate/pillowball mount. but i want to know where i can get this to buy or if anyone has an alternative.

never had that experience with front tires, but make sure your mech check for bad parts. Go to an alignment place with properly calibrated equipment. Try Mileage Mack or the michelin ppl.

mussa21
Riding on 13's

Postby mussa21 » April 14th, 2016, 5:04 pm

all suspension parts changed with quality brands and had a computerized 3d alignment done following this.

mussa21
Riding on 13's

Postby mussa21 » April 14th, 2016, 5:09 pm

originalbling wrote:
mussa21 wrote:Goodday folks having a real hard time getting my front tires to stop cutting on the inside on my 2005 Mazda 3 i got some info about a cambering plate/pillowball mount. but i want to know where i can get this to buy or if anyone has an alternative.

never had that experience with front tires, but make sure your mech check for bad parts. Go to an alignment place with properly calibrated equipment. Try Mileage Mack or the michelin ppl.

all suspension parts changed with quality brands and had a computerized 3d alignment done following this.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » April 14th, 2016, 8:54 pm

originalbling wrote:
konartis wrote:You have a specific site that u used bro? Rock auto seemed to changed theirs and need some cradles/ rear suspension to purchase.

I ordered rear suspension parts from onlinemazdaparts.com

just make sure u check the part diagram unless you have a part no.
X2 - bought from them already as well and would definitely recommend them.

And as originalbling said, the part diagrams they have on their website also help you positively identify the specific part(s) you need.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » April 15th, 2016, 2:50 pm

^^Ok...kool, have to look at the diagram for specifics then...tanx
Any specifics that would differ from the engine size etc... cause from experience they have from 2.0L above.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » April 15th, 2016, 5:33 pm

konartis wrote:^^Ok...kool, have to look at the diagram for specifics then...tanx
Any specifics that would differ from the engine size etc... cause from experience they have from 2.0L above.

Nothing different for the suspension parts I noted earlier. Those parts worked for me and I ordered the 2.0L parts.
Can't say with certainty if other suspension parts I didnt mention are different - havent tried yet to confirm.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » April 16th, 2016, 9:54 am

Ok thanks man...

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 22nd, 2016, 10:05 am

mussa21 wrote:
originalbling wrote:

Were you told your camber off? Camber will cause tyre wear slowly for anything below maybe 1.5-2 degrees. Factory max spec is 1.5 degrees.

Cutting will be more due to bad parts and/or alignment or possibly defective tyres but thats a remote possibility.

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » April 29th, 2016, 9:20 am

pimp wrote:
pimp wrote:guys, lookin 4 a strut bar for my mazda 3....
any1 has any 4 sale?
or can u point me in the direction as to where i can find 1?

Guys?

Check Ebay. Make sure and buy for your model year though as the bars seem to sit differently for 04-09 as compared to the 10-14.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 12th, 2016, 11:14 pm

Anyone ever had their windshield washer pump go out on them (2005-2009 model)?

I know it's not the line that's clogged because when I pull the stalk to spray fluid, the wipers come on but the pump doesn't make a sound.

Tried to find a windshield washer pump fuse but didn't see one - only a windshield wiper fuse. Is it the same fuse for the washer? If so, then I can isolate the pump as the issue.

Any advice welcomed.

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Details » May 19th, 2016, 6:01 pm

dredman1 wrote:Anyone ever had their windshield washer pump go out on them (2005-2009 model)?

I know it's not the line that's clogged because when I pull the stalk to spray fluid, the wipers come on but the pump doesn't make a sound.

Tried to find a windshield washer pump fuse but didn't see one - only a windshield wiper fuse. Is it the same fuse for the washer? If so, then I can isolate the pump as the issue.

Any advice welcomed.

If you getting problems to get the pump I have an old bottle with the pump on it I can sell you

tech_darin
Street 2NR

Postby tech_darin » June 13th, 2016, 11:08 am

I have 2004 Mazda 3 and i am hearing a zipping sound when i am accelerating. The sound occurs when the car is in drive or reverse. I had the alternator checked and i was told it was not the alternator. Can you all please point me in the right direction as to what can be the issue. This is a sample of the noise i am hearing
Car noise.zip
Noise
(582.77 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Postby trini iceman » June 13th, 2016, 1:41 pm

tech_darin wrote:I have 2004 Mazda 3 and i am hearing a zipping sound when i am accelerating. The sound occurs when the car is in drive or reverse. I had the alternator checked and i was told it was not the alternator. Can you all please point me in the right direction as to what can be the issue. This is a sample of the noise i am hearing Car noise.zip

How is the car performing? Loss of power, stalling anything?

tech_darin
Street 2NR

Postby tech_darin » June 13th, 2016, 1:43 pm

trini iceman wrote:
tech_darin wrote:I have 2004 Mazda 3 and i am hearing a zipping sound when i am accelerating. The sound occurs when the car is in drive or reverse. I had the alternator checked and i was told it was not the alternator. Can you all please point me in the right direction as to what can be the issue. This is a sample of the noise i am hearing Car noise.zip

It's running with abut of a muffled sound and abit lazy. I am using super fuel so that can be the reason for the decreased performance. Not stalling but if I am parked out in the sun for a while I sometimes get issues starting. I sometimes get a stumble start.

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Postby trini iceman » June 13th, 2016, 2:13 pm

tech_darin wrote:
trini iceman wrote:

It's running with abut of a muffled sound and abit lazy. I am using super fuel so that can be the reason for the decreased performance. Not stalling but if I am parked out in the sun for a while I sometimes get issues starting. I sometimes get a stumble start.

Ok, doubtful the gas causing that. I'd like to have a look at the vehicle before I give a diagnosis though. If you're interested 3981404.

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » June 14th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Figured I would post this here as well just in case any of you guy are interested in this. Message me if any thing.

Recently took off my 2004-2009 Mazdaspeed 3 wheels from my car. These wheels are not very popular and hard to find in T&T. Got them from Maztune about a year ago. Thy have the same slight curb rash it came with as I didn't put any more and they are not bad. They do not have any bends on them either. I will add closer pics at a later point. I am looking for a direct trade for some RX8 wheels; I had a silver set before these; but I want to get preferably a bronze set this time.

These are the wheels on a 04-09 Mazdaspeed 3 (US Spec)

This is what they looked like on my car:

Here are the actual wheels. They are off the car right now as I have another set installed:
ImageImageImageImage

I am looking for these, without bends and a little to no curb rash preferred for a direct trade:

Tyres on mine are no good. They probably have like 40-50% life left and they have silver/chrome aftermarket valve stem caps. I don't need the RX8 wheels with tyres either so that is also a consideration. I am from South as well.

Message me if there is interest and we will discuss from there.

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » June 16th, 2016, 9:38 am

To the top.

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » June 17th, 2016, 5:33 pm

How much u looking to get for the rims?

Wildcard26
Riding on 16's

Postby Wildcard26 » June 17th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Not really looking to sell because I am just looking to get back a set of RX8 wheels but I am willing to entertain good offers, probably like the market value of RX8 wheels as a reference.

infamouskid
Riding on 13's

Postby infamouskid » June 21st, 2016, 9:51 pm

Pair of fog lights like those for sale. New brand $1000. Pm if interested

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”