3NE 2NR Moderator

hav dem launched the new mazda 6 ?

Postby Greypatch » September 4th, 2008, 2:47 pm

ah know it in country ah lil while now

and it still have "old" 6's to sell

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » September 4th, 2008, 4:05 pm

Saw a spankin new 6 just today with D plates... was in a kinda pastel lilac colour. Looked utterly sexy!!!!

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » September 5th, 2008, 10:37 am

yea it here a couple months now but them still have old stock to get rid off

bds
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bds » September 5th, 2008, 11:58 pm

damieG82 wrote:Saw a spankin new 6 just today with D plates... was in a kinda pastel lilac colour. Looked utterly sexy!!!!

lol... i am almost sure that was me.. took it on a test drive... the name is lilac silver

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » September 6th, 2008, 4:59 pm

HAHA serious?? When I saw it, it was on Warren Street in Woodbrook, heading west.

Seeing it has me seriously reconsidering which car to upgrade to. I had pretty much decided on a 2 litre Octavia, but the 6 just oozing class, sport & sex :shock: (doh think any other car has that combination)...... and I lovin the flared quarter panels. Reminds me of the RX8

bds
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bds » September 6th, 2008, 9:09 pm

how much is the octavia? .... over the old mazda6 there is a definite improvement all around.... the build quality is biggest improvement but also they have cut down a lot of road noise...

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » September 7th, 2008, 1:42 am

hold on a sec here jumpers.....alluh saying the 2nd gen mazda 6 in trinidad already? :shock: :shock:

pure econo sex on wheels there meng :shock: gotta do test drive this week

bds
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bds » September 7th, 2008, 11:24 am

well all the ones they have in southern sales right now are sold but on tuesday a few coming out the bond and one or two not not yet sold so you should be able to get a test drive then.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » September 7th, 2008, 11:58 am

bds wrote:how much is the octavia? .... over the old mazda6 there is a definite improvement all around.... the build quality is biggest improvement but also they have cut down a lot of road noise...

The 2 litre Octavia goes for 216K... but when I'm ready I was goin to special order one cause there are some factory options I want that the dealer stock don't have installed. So the price might very well end up in the new 6's range.

On looks alone the 6 win... will have to get into the nitty-gritty specs of both and do a comparison

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » September 7th, 2008, 12:41 pm

The 2nd gen Mazda 6 is a different class of car compared to the Skoda Octavia. One is a compact family saloon vs a mid-size family saloon. The Mazda has better reliability, resale vale, more features, out handles, out brake and is faster in top trim line. The TFSI in the Octavia is essentially that found in the VW Jetta and with 200HP it will smoke the N/A 2.5 Mazda 4-cylinder unit as well as the smaller 2.3, 2.0 and 1.8 units if they still exist with this new 2nd gen 6.

Locally seeing how dealers give us stripped 3rd world versions of these cars it appears that we may be able to do a direct comparo between the 2.0 full spec Octavia and the 6 but my money is on the 6 despite me rating the Octavia and Jetta tops in their respective classes including the Volvo S40. They're more in line to line up against the Mazda 3, Mitsubishi Lancer, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla and Ford Focus. The bigger VW Passat and Skoda derivitive will compete with the Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Nissan Cefiro, Subaru Legacy, Hyundai Sonata, Kia Optima, Peugeot 407, Ford Mondeo and Chevrolet Epica to name a few.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » September 7th, 2008, 1:31 pm

I hear ya... but there's a method to my seeming madness. First up, I gotta disagree with you on a couple points. The Octavia is loaded with features, maybe more than the new 6, and Skoda's reliability is near faultless (confirmed by a neighbour who has owned 2). The cars they make now are worlds apart from the low budget Felicia most people think of when they hear the Skoda name.

I know the 6 isn't a direct competitor of the Octavia even in it's 2 litre guise, but I find the larger engined models of the Lancer, Corolla, Civic, and even the 3, lacking in terms of features.... but I'm solely basing this on (like you said) the stripped 3rd world versions we get locally.

As for the 6's true competitors, the only one I like (and is in my price range) is the 407. The Mondeo, Passat, and upcoming Skoda Superb would be outta my budget. I don't like any of the other Asian offerings... I mean they are decent, but I not going to spend soooo much money on something I see and use everyday, and not thoroughly love it... they all lack the class/sportiness/sexiness I mentioned before. I also ruled out the 2 litre Jetta cause it's essentially the same car as the Octavia, with a premium price attached and higher maintenance costs.

So just as how on price alone, someone might cross-shop say an Accord and BMW 318i, altho the Accord is more the size of a 5 Series, that's how I'm linking the Octavia and the 6.

bds
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bds » September 7th, 2008, 3:30 pm

i not saying the octavia is not a good car and the point i about to make all depends on how long u expect to keep the car for.... but re-sale value for the 6 i think will be better.... euro cars all seem to have poor re-sale.

anyway back to the point of the thread let me jus give you'll some details of the car

2.0 - 5 speed auto tip-tronic
dual exhaust
17" rims with full size spare (bridgestone potenza 225/50)
fog lights
6 disc in dash cd/mp3 changer
i-pod jack and powerpoint in centre console
6 airbags
dual auto a/c
trip computer

i would have hoped for sunroof and leather as options at least. all come with black cloth interior. some improvments i noted over old model include dual illuminated vanity mirrors (the ladies go like that one), electric trunk opener with the remote release now on the key & more head and leg room.
the car doesn't seem much longer but is a quite a bit wider so the interior feels a lot roomier. brakes felt good, if not a little sensitive but after a while i'm sure one would get accustomed. steering is very light at parking lot speeds and firms up with speed.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » September 7th, 2008, 5:18 pm

yea, sorry about going off point... just needed to explain my thinking.

I'd definitely check out the 6! The design already got me... and the more I hear about, and see pics of it, the more I'm leaning in it's direction. Plus I'm a little biased being a Mazda owner and all :P

I just hoping when it's time to buy, they bringing it with a sunroof. I don't care for leather... actually I prefer fabric to leather cause of our climate, but I gotta have my sunroof!! My 323 Sport has one and I use it everyday

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » September 8th, 2008, 12:33 pm

price of the new 6 anyone have pics of it in the showroom >?

bds
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bds » September 8th, 2008, 5:09 pm

240 000... will try an take pics this week,,,,

red bwoy
Riding on 16's

Postby red bwoy » September 8th, 2008, 6:05 pm

ah feel allyuh leave out on car in da mix dey ah mean ah love mih mazdas eh buh allyuh see dafawkin subaru legacy whoooo!!!!!!!!! hoooooooooo!!!!!!!! ah jes love it tuh death

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » September 8th, 2008, 10:33 pm

turbo 6 will destroy the legacy...

red bwoy
Riding on 16's

Postby red bwoy » September 9th, 2008, 1:06 am

not doubting dat hoss but de package interms of handling and comfort in a semi sports car i rate de legacy albeit de msp6 go kill it in a straight line doubt it would say as much as de subaru in de corners

TurboDrive
Riding on 17's

Postby TurboDrive » September 9th, 2008, 5:27 am

Saw a new 6 behind me yesterday morning. Had to look a couple of times to make sure it wasn't a RX-8.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » September 9th, 2008, 8:40 am

^^ yea it HOTT eh!!

Finally, a true 'sporty' looking Japanese sports sedan... without the aid of tacky bodykits and all kinda aftermarket stuff.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » September 9th, 2008, 4:29 pm

so i visited the showroom today and there is only 1 red one in there. Its already sold cause it have PCK 3*** registration plate on it. The price is $242,000. Vat Inclusive and we ONLY get the stripped watered down Asian version in this country which to me is a huge flicking dissapointment. Southern Sales have me so mad eh, anyway do not expect the nicer USDM version with the 2.5 or 3.7 V6 (272HP, 270ft-lbs of torque) which bests ALL other mid-size sedans on the planet.

We get the following:

- 2.0 DOHC 16V SV-T in-line 4-cylinder with EGR, TSCV, VIS, E-Throttle and DIS (148HP, 187Nm of torque)
- 5-speed ACTIVEMATIC with manumatic manual over-ride
- dual split sports exhaust
- tilt/telescopic electro hydraulic power assist energy absorbing auto tilting rack and pinion steering with wheel mounted audio, climate and cruise controls
- dash panel light control
- door courtesy lamps
- dual second gen de-powered SRS airbags for driver and front seat passenger with passenger presence detection
- 4-wheel large disc brakes (front vented, rear solid) with ABS, EBD, BA and brake booster
- 17" multi-spoke lightweight performance alloy rims
- multi-reflector halogen fog lights
- projector beam HID head lamps
- rear LED tail lamps
- deluxe fabric interior
- optitron instrument cluster
- digital LCD multi-information display
- auto climate control with pollen filter
- POWERED: locks, windows, mirrors, brakes
- front and rear adjustable seat belts with ISOFIX and front pre-tensioners
- front and rear adjustable head rests
- split folding rear seat back with centre arm rest
- day/night rear view mirror
- in-dash 6 CD auto changer with MP3 capability and aux audio support etc..
- 6-speaker surround sound system
- front and rear independent suspension with front and rear stabiliser bars. rear suspension is of the e-type multi-link type, sport tuned
- front and rear floor mats
- 35% U/V protecting scratch proof tint
- keyless entry system with anti-theft immobiliser and remote trunk release

$242,000.00 Vat Inclusive

Dissapointed :evil:

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » September 9th, 2008, 4:34 pm

if you want the Asian 2.5 DOHC 16V SV-T engine with flair kit, rear lip LED spoiler, sunroof, 18" rims, leather seats, side and curtain airbags, xenon HID's, DSC, TC, TPMS and dual front electric seats, perimeter alarm with remote start feature etc etc....prepare to dish out another $100,000. TT for sure. :evil: :evil:

So Mazda is for rich people now then? roro for it yes.

bds
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bds » September 9th, 2008, 7:39 pm

x2floor wrote:so i visited the showroom today and there is only 1 red one in there. :

they got some more of them in today... not sure if they all sold yet... quite possible thou,,, was asked me to come in the morning so they would have time to clean it up for me to see... so i check back later this week i guess they will have some more on display

was told the 2.3 was a slow seller and they didn't think it would make sense to bring the 2.5

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » September 9th, 2008, 9:17 pm

na dread, a mazdaspeed 6 eat any legacy anywhere period, msp6 is all wheel drive, 2.3 tobo, legacy cant compete wit dat, legacy is a sweet car eh, , it will top a ordinary mazda6, but the speed 6 will decimate it

Greypatch
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Greypatch » September 10th, 2008, 12:52 pm

sheit man dem have to stop limiting the models to the bare bone models... :evil:

invader-ride
Riding on 13's

Postby invader-ride » September 10th, 2008, 11:00 pm

By chance they still selling the previous model 6 :?:
And what is the price :?:

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”