TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

323F SPORT aka LANTIS PPL / WEY U AT ?

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

wycleft
Street 2NR

Re: 323F SPORT aka LANTIS PPL / WEY U AT ?

Postby wycleft » February 5th, 2011, 2:29 pm

ah just post my ride on d 323fsport.com forum..she lil scruffy buh...
mighten look as good as damie's or sean's..but twas just to get d ball rolling..lewwe see who workin with what...

wycleft
Street 2NR

Postby wycleft » February 8th, 2011, 9:10 pm

wycleft wrote:ah just post my ride on d 323fsport.com forum..she lil scruffy buh...
mighten look as good as damie's or sean's..but twas just to get d ball rolling..lewwe see who workin with what...

nobody eh wa post nutten or wha? men shy

MAZTUNE
Riding on 17's

Postby MAZTUNE » February 15th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Aye lantis ppl I have a lantis bh bp-ze manual engine complete for sale with Ecu and full works no gearbox. Looking at $5000.00 neg will post up some pics and I still have those rear disc brakes if anybody interested

wycleft
Street 2NR

Postby wycleft » February 22nd, 2011, 1:22 pm

damieG82 wrote:haha, well its staying safely in my possession for now. Was gonna trade up but frankly I couldnt find a single car (used) that was actually a trade up... nothing has the same balance of handling and nimbleness, and coupe sleekness with 4 door versatility

a new car might still happen later in the year, but my thoughts are to hold unto the 323... make a project of it... of the KL-ZE flavour

X2 !

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 9th, 2011, 10:32 pm

Right off the bat, i'll say i was aiming for my first car to be a civic but a relative passed down their lantis when they upgraded. As a budding car freak, i researched this car and found it is indeed the power i seek.

But i have a lot of work ahead of me before it gets easy on the eyes. I took it on as a project before i start to use it. I went bamboo a few months back and i was told where to find some cronos spindles. i'm now wondering if there is a 2.5l v6 cut floating around. the thought alone makes me drool. :evilbat:

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » March 9th, 2011, 11:20 pm

welcome to the club speedist! A Civic of the same era wants nothing with these cars, so I'd say things worked out for the better.

In terms of modifying, check the guys at Eurotune... they're on the EMR (north side) opposite WASA, a lil before the big tree. They recently completed a KF-ZE swap from a complete front cut, so that's proof positive such a cut is available. The Lantis never had the 2.5 as stock, so you're not going to find a cut with one... but that setup can work using 2.0 components

And dont forget that the BPT is another engine option... probably the easiest one to find too

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 10th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Thanks! I agree with u completely on things working out pretty good, my brother called it the honda killer when he had it. When i swap, it'll bury dem too. Thanks for the info on Eurotune, i'll definitely check them out, do they have a website? the restoration process has the usual ups and downs but this car is my baby now so i intend to make it my first and last car especially after the swap. heheh.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 11th, 2011, 11:53 pm

damieG82 wrote:welcome to the club speedist! A Civic of the same era wants nothing with these cars, so I'd say things worked out for the better.

In terms of modifying, check the guys at Eurotune... they're on the EMR (north side) opposite WASA, a lil before the big tree. They recently completed a KF-ZE swap from a complete front cut, so that's proof positive such a cut is available. The Lantis never had the 2.5 as stock, so you're not going to find a cut with one... but that setup can work using 2.0 components

And dont forget that the BPT is another engine option... probably the easiest one to find too

You sure about that buddy? My EK4 SiR that I sold late last year burned many 323's from sedan to hatchback, sport 20 even MX3 and MX6. I mean, I'm no saint....it was all wildness but they still got d beating. You know I like meh Mazdas so no Honda fanboyism here. I think the EK4 was ahead of its time, I mean which compact car you know carries a double wishbone front and rear independent suspension with stabilizers today?

Anyway, I saw a dark coloured 323F hatchback heading into Diego today with lighted Mazda symbols and rotor discs together with knight rider front lights :lol: Glad to see someone proud of they zoom zoom.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » March 13th, 2011, 10:47 am

^^ I still stand by my statement if you compare apples with apples.... such as a EXi Civic to the 323F. Its a case of chalk and cheese... the features, ride quality, handling etc are superior in the 323.

The SiR would have been in the league of the 323F GT, but as we all know they were never brought here. And the GT is really the car to compare, becuz the MX3 V6 was only pushing 140hp (vs the SiR's 160hp) and the MX6, tho having a competitive 165hp, was a much heavier car, so the SiR would still have a better power-to-weight ratio. But all of this is about str8 line performance only, and cars are so much more than that. I still maintain the 323 feels more special to drive and own... the EK Civic's dash alone is one of the ugliest in recent memory. I for one couldn't look at it everyday, but thats just me
Last edited by damieG82 on March 14th, 2011, 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 13th, 2011, 1:02 pm

understood. the dash in the EK4's have digital auto climate control functionality with the dual airbags but the odometer in the IC was still the analog type. I know since PBB days, the 323F GLX had digital odo and a sharper looking dashboard. Even the door panels in the 323's were nicer. WRT handling, Mazda's have been tight ever since and I'm proud of that but on paper I am led to believe that having double wishbones up front is superior to having the conventional Mc Pherson struts. I think there is a reason why the Accord and Mazda 6 still use the wishbones up front and multi-link in the rear.

Question: the 323F hatch with the 2.0 V6 you speak of, isn't it the same 2.0 V6 found in the 626 and MX6? To me those engines were unimpressive in power (similar to a Nissan VQ20DE). I think the KL-DE 2.5 was unimpressive too except the KL-ZE. You are right, we need to compare apples with apples because the SiR was still flanked by the Type-R which would kill the GT.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » March 14th, 2011, 9:23 am

well a lil know-how goes a long way. Even the Mazda cars with Mc Pherson struts handle extremely well... don't know if its geometry, position and thickness of roll bars, or whatever, but Mazda has handling done to a science, regardless of the suspension type used... evidenced by the fact that since the introduction of the Mazda 3, its been the handling and 'fun factor' leader in its segment to this day.

Hmm, yea I should explain the GT a bit more. There was a 'GT' model sold in europe with the 2.0 V6 but it was the KF-DE which produced about 145hp... so in this case yes its the same one found in the 626 and MX6, with 'unimpressive' power, as u put it... altho reaching 60 in 8.5 secs is pretty respectable IMO. The real GT, named Type R for the JDM, had a KF-ZE with 170hp. Str8 line performance is somewhere between the SiR and EK9, again largely due to weight. The EK9 has at least a 200kg advantage. But I'd go back to say the Mazda is better in everyday use. The low end grunt of the V6 would make for a relaxed yet satisfying drive. The Honda on the other hand would have to be thrashed all the time to make any decent progress (I guess that's why Honda men are notoriously hated for being darty idiots on the road)

This is the Type R. True versions have this 'whale tail' rear spoiler like those on contemporary Ford Cosworth cars.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » March 14th, 2011, 7:13 pm

much appreciation for the info. Let me contribute some pics to this thread.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 15th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Man, if only i cud get mine to look sweet like those. In time, it will. I have no patience is all. I still have love for the vtec, though, still planning on getting an EG once i finish the zoom. Speaking of which, i was reading up that the KF-ZE series V6 had a JDM version that puts out 160hp stock. Is it possible to find one of those here?

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » March 16th, 2011, 12:46 am

actually u'd quicker find that engine than the less potent DE version since bamboo parts come from Japan and the ZE is a JDM engine.

check Seenath's. Anytime I go I always see Mazda engines, and they've had complete Lantis front cuts from time to time

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 16th, 2011, 12:55 pm

Niiice. Wait, where are they located? cuz i think i'll begin my search this week. A few other concerns, i was looking for a good guide on maintaining the KF-ZE and found nothing, where the hell does the transmission oil go when i have to top up? the engine is huge (duh). it's my first car so, yeah i know nothing except, the basics, changing oil,etc.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » March 16th, 2011, 2:22 pm

keep on the main road thru the Bamboo until you get to the open field, make a left on the street bounding the southern side. You'd pass in front Rama's etc. keeping going to the end of the road, then make a right. Drive down a lil bit and they're on the right, with a garage directly opposite.

The transmission should have a dipstick. Fluid is poured directly into that tube as with most non-sealed auto trannies. As for maintenance, I stand corrected but there's nothing special needed for the K engines... jus regular oil and filter changes as with any other engine. Just a word of advice tho... it's a belt driven engine (as opposed to a timing chain), so if you do get thru with acquiring one, I'd recommended doing a service before installing it, ie change the timing belt, tensioner, water pump etc. You won't know how far gone the original ones are, so might as well save yourself that headache later on

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 16th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Many thanks for the info, the last thing i want is for my investment to go down after i swap! i think this weekend i'll begin my search for a JDM V6 then.

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 21st, 2011, 1:00 pm

I checked in by Seenath's over the weekend, unfotrunately they only had the 1.6L but i got a deal on the trunkshield since my old one is cracked. The Lantis parts goin fast boy. I'll keep checking back for a V6, have to get one.

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » March 22nd, 2011, 11:57 am

yea, its a bit of waiting game for some parts. But check other places for the engine... who knows, you might find one. I only mentioned Seenath in particular becuz they consistently have them, well until they sell out

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 25th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Waiting is the hardest thing for me to do but I'll keep checkin in, rampaul's and another place had one too, and i need a steering rack for it too. @ partfinder: i took your number down, it seriously hard to get parts for this model (for me anyways).i may want to get another tail light shield and i lucked out last saturday with this one.

i have some questions though: the front of the car took a hit awhile back(this was before i got it). i noticed the chassis seems bolted together, including where the radiator is housed. Will i be able to swap out these parts without cutting the car? As it is now, the front isn't exactly straight.

Secondly, my rear door speakers and dashboard speakers don't work, i should be able to replace them with any of the good brands, right?

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » March 26th, 2011, 1:40 am

Hey guys RF Auto Supplies in the Bamboo had two lantis front cuts a while back one was almost parted out and one a black complete with the v6, was calling 15k for it. Told me the had a nose cut for 5k too. But all i wanted was a right side headlight and i got one for $900.

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » March 26th, 2011, 2:07 am

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 27th, 2011, 1:17 pm

RF Auto? where is dat? $900 for one headlight? since when they so expensive? it was brand new? I ask lots of questions, i know. :lol:

Hold a Mazda gathering vid dey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6qp_T42 ... re=related

lostboys crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby lostboys crew » March 27th, 2011, 10:48 pm

RF Auto is on one of those side streets on the right lower down the Bamboo main road.
Its on the right side. I sure if you ask around ppl will guide you there.
No the light was used but almost like new... :D

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » March 28th, 2011, 12:58 pm

I mean, yeah, almost like new but dat would be 1800 for the pair if u had to! Oh yeah, i went there before, went looking for a steering rack for the 323 and they sent me to another place, which then sent me to Rampaul's.

They had a sweet black V6 lantis fronthalf, 15k without de bonnet, gone now though. That was about 3 months ago maybe.

I have to get a new tail lens for the trunk though. the other one have cracks in it, man. steups. Anyone know where i can get the part number for that?

Spectre
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Constanly using the savannah as my personal raceteack

Postby Spectre » April 19th, 2011, 11:55 pm

anyone interested in a 323f BA shell? PM ME

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » April 22nd, 2011, 11:38 am

^ you parting out or selling whole?

Spectre
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Constanly using the savannah as my personal raceteack

Postby Spectre » April 23rd, 2011, 7:56 pm

selling it whole......at least i will like too...... damieG82 pm me your # so we can work something out where the windshield wiper motor is concerned

speedist
Shifting into 6th

Postby speedist » April 23rd, 2011, 10:15 pm

Well, i managed to get a front half, had a swap done last week, checked the belt, water pump,changed oil, flush radiator, put the car down for awhile using it about once or twice a week to see if any other issues surface and ....... today fuel line bursts, leaking like a pipe. So apart from the former reason, i can't drive it to a mechanic without risking the engine overheating. Somebody please tell me it's easy to replace. :cry:

I'm also considering converting to manual transmission. Could anybody give a rough estimate of how much that would cost?

3ni4evr
Ricer

Postby 3ni4evr » May 6th, 2011, 1:01 am

Hey ppl, still looking for a lantis dash, if anyone knows where i can get one ,i would greatly appreciate it, thnx.

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”