Forums

Mazda Demio Shutting Down

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Mazda Demio Shutting Down

Postby 3stagevtec » July 7th, 2016, 4:57 pm

In need of some assistance, have a Demio DY and a few days ago it just started randomly shutting down on me while driving. I changed both cam and crank sensors in an attempt to find the problem none fixed it. Now it shuts down after driving for a 10mins or so, and will refuse to start back until cooled, or left off for a while.

I had it scanned by two mechanics and both were unable to find any faults. It was then suggested to me to carry it by an electrician. Can I get a recommendation for a good electrician in the south area (Sando, Marabella, Gasparillo etc). I can't drive it far with it dying on me.

Fuel pump is working.
New cam sensor.
Changed crank but continue to shut down.
All else seems normal to me.

easterbunny
Ricer

Re: Mazda Demio Shutting Down

Postby easterbunny » July 7th, 2016, 6:22 pm

this sounding like fuel pump malfunctioning or a harness is shorting or heating up to much & cutting the current happend to my mazda 3 recently same exact problem & the computer never picked up the fault . call george in arima 360-5678 he will definitely find that problem the man is a boss i took months going by different mechanics & when i went by him he sort me out in 2 days lol ..

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Mazda Demio Shutting Down

Postby 3stagevtec » July 7th, 2016, 7:40 pm

easterbunny wrote:this sounding like fuel pump malfunctioning or a harness is shorting or heating up to much & cutting the current happend to my mazda 3 recently same exact problem & the computer never picked up the fault . call george in arima 360-5678 he will definitely find that problem the man is a boss i took months going by different mechanics & when i went by him he sort me out in 2 days lol ..

Thanks much for the contact, will make some attempts again in south and if all else fails, will have to find a way to get the car to him.

I do hear the fuel pump running when I turn the ignition on. Also saw fuel spraying when I disconnected the fuel line. Car uses a non return fuel system.

The engines in the Mazda 2 (demio) and Mazda 3 are similarly designed, and my issue is related to heat somehow.

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”