Mazda 3 O2 Senor

MAZDA People United - it continues here

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Nexus
3NE 2NR for life

Mazda 3 O2 Senor

Postby Nexus » May 11th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Mazda people!
My undercarriage took a big knock and like the o2 sensor on the manifold gone through (engine check light came on and then did a scan and gave that error).
I called southern sales and is like 1700 for the sensor; bobby's told me they have a universal sensor from denso for 375.
Anyone has experience with these universal types? Or know where I can source an oem? Should I consider the bamboo?

Thanks much
PS, is it an easy change out?

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Re: Mazda 3 O2 Senor

Postby Strugglerzinc » May 14th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Nexus wrote:Mazda people!
My undercarriage took a big knock and like the o2 sensor on the manifold gone through (engine check light came on and then did a scan and gave that error).
I called southern sales and is like 1700 for the sensor; bobby's told me they have a universal sensor from denso for 375.
Anyone has experience with these universal types? Or know where I can source an oem? Should I consider the bamboo?

Thanks much
PS, is it an easy change out?

The universal will continue to trigger an error on the Mz3. Check the bamboo and ensure its the 2nd (lower) sensor as they are different. Worst case, get it on Amazon. The USDM Mazda 2 has the same ZY engine as our Mazda 3 so you'll be looking for the Mz2 sensor on Amazon.

I have been told the Tiida sensor 1 works in place of the Mz3 sensor 2. Never tested this.

Advertisement

Return to “MAZDA”