You should know

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Re: You should know

Postby Mitsu power » August 22nd, 2011, 3:57 pm

Dont put wax on the head lights it changes the colour
Last edited by Mitsu power on October 21st, 2011, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Postby Mitsu power » August 22nd, 2011, 4:00 pm

dont use the air gun to run up your wheel nots they are very easy to cross tread.
Last edited by Mitsu power on August 25th, 2011, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Postby Mitsu power » August 22nd, 2011, 4:01 pm

dont let the Tire man jack the car on the back cross bar it will put your camber in the back out of alignment .

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Postby Mitsu power » August 22nd, 2011, 4:04 pm

Rotate all your tires in the swift. dont throw your key its contains the immobilzers chip which if lost your MOCKED lol I can tell that you will have to wrecked the car any where.

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Postby Mitsu power » August 22nd, 2011, 4:09 pm

Check the coolant you use and make sure it says safe for aluminum engines , and check your radiator for white stains they are proberly micro leaks which will cost you an engine later on ...

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » August 22nd, 2011, 4:35 pm

Do diagonal rotations on the Swift Sport (my 2c). The front left tyre wears out faster than all the others (due to the open diff and the 'box being on that side perhaps?), and will cause the car to pull to one side.

If doing a diagonal rotation, remember the OEM tyres on the Sport are unidirectional. They will need to be pulled off the rim and re mounted accordingly, to ensure the treads "direction" is pointing the right way after rotation.

Mitsu power wrote:Dont put wax on the head lights it changes the cooler

They'll change colour perhaps anyway. Plastic headlights yellow over time.

Use a headlight restoration kit (mothers?) and be happy.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » August 23rd, 2011, 4:43 am

Check your engine mounts every 20,000km or so under 100,000km....a bit more often if the mileage is higher, especially if you drive aggressively.

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » August 23rd, 2011, 4:56 am

Anyone knows of and feels like sharing alternatives for Suzuki parts, location of original or even another make of car that will fit on a suzuki, i would personally prefer to use original suzuki parts, but it have ppl out there that will use what ever fits. So, any alternatives to Lifestyle?

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » August 23rd, 2011, 8:15 pm

whizpig wrote:Anyone knows of and feels like sharing alternatives for Suzuki parts, location of original or even another make of car that will fit on a suzuki, i would personally prefer to use original suzuki parts, but it have ppl out there that will use what ever fits. So, any alternatives to Lifestyle?

www.rockauto.com

8-)

spanglish1
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby spanglish1 » August 23rd, 2011, 9:22 pm

Mitsu power wrote:Dont park all the way up on parking stops they pull off your front bummper when it goes over and you are coming out.

like i need to send uh by my bumper guy! the lip under the front bumper touches very easily and if that hooks well the same would happen to you.

Alpha_2nr
punchin NOS

Postby Alpha_2nr » August 24th, 2011, 9:23 am

Don't use super in your Swift Sport.

Saw an unlucky soul filling super into their red swift sport last week (well as I pulled in to the station, they just finished filling up and was removing the RED pump nozzle thingy).

The SSS needs 98 RON fuel, and 95 RON MINIMUM. 95 = PREMIUM!

Read the label on your gas tank cover!

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 8th, 2011, 6:04 pm

I have been fiddling with my intake set up like a good noob with no "real" mods, and i have stumbled upon an interesting phenomenon. At or above 60kmph if i come of the gas and hold the clutch down (as if to allow the car to roll under momentum or in preparation to stop) the rpm would fall to zero and the car would cut off.

turns out any intake configuration that kinda increases air flow into the throttle body can result in this phenomenon if your car isn't equipped with some kind of management to adjust for the extra flow.

now i will admit that i do not fully understand what the cause is, perhaps you more knowledgeable guys can talk about it and come to a consensus, it has something to do with extra fuel due to extra air and the ecu not being able to adjust in time to return to idle.

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby NLVA200 » October 9th, 2011, 12:27 am

whizpig wrote:I have been fiddling with my intake set up like a good noob with no "real" mods, and i have stumbled upon an interesting phenomenon. At or above 60kmph if i come of the gas and hold the clutch down (as if to allow the car to roll under momentum or in preparation to stop) the rpm would fall to zero and the car would cut off.

turns out any intake configuration that kinda increases air flow into the throttle body can result in this phenomenon if your car isn't equipped with some kind of management to adjust for the extra flow.

now i will admit that i do not fully understand what the cause is, perhaps you more knowledgeable guys can talk about it and come to a consensus, it has something to do with extra fuel due to extra air and the ecu not being able to adjust in time to return to idle.

very interesting.. i'd like to hear some takes on this as well..

wish i had a clutch to test it though 8-)

spanglish1
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby spanglish1 » October 9th, 2011, 9:28 am

mine never cut off and i interfered with my intake set up

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 9th, 2011, 10:10 am

configurations that caused the problem
1:well i have the K&N induction kit, so high flow to begin with, when the cone was moved from where recommended by K&N (above the intake manifold) to next to the overflow bottle, in the path of the engine fan. In addition the air duct that came wit the kit was arranged in a ram fashion to get cold air from the front upper grill. I was told this was as a result of the engine fan as a change in flow was noticed on the scanning tool when ever the fan came on.

2:the filter is returned to its recommended location and the air duct runs over the engine head and points directly at the filter medium, while still being attached to draw cold air from the front upper grill in a ram fashion, the problem occurred again and i was told to remove the air duct

upon removal of the air duct, the problem disappeared
i hope this brings clarity to what i did that may have caused the cutting off

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 9th, 2011, 10:15 am

it should be noted that i had a previous configuration with the ducting that caused no problems.
i had scenario 2 but instead of the duct being attached to the front upper grill it was tied to just below the front bumper, also in a ram fashion, but i suppose the major difference being the length of the duct as in both cases cold air was drawn in a ram fashion.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 9th, 2011, 10:17 am

Mitsu power wrote:Dont put wax on the head lights it changes the cooler

yeah but when i notice my lights get the slightest fade or yellow on it..i polish and wax it off.....it shines and looks like new without the yellow look...i practice this once a mth.......

u sure wax changes the colour?

spanglish1
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby spanglish1 » October 9th, 2011, 8:11 pm

i wax my car at least once a month and have been doing so religiously sometimes twice and my headlights are certainly not yellow.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 9th, 2011, 8:20 pm

what polish you use.....I used the glym from lifestyle and then tried waxco after but the glym is the best...no polish marks no scrapes nuthin.......great advantage of having a small car....wash an wax mthly....ez......

now imagine doing that with a vigo....

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 11th, 2011, 7:58 am

Alpha_2nr wrote:Don't use super in your Swift Sport.

Saw an unlucky soul filling super into their red swift sport last week (well as I pulled in to the station, they just finished filling up and was removing the RED pump nozzle thingy).

as you talk bout gas and gas stations, let me share some things i have learned

Significance of RON and MON

For clarity it is useful to provide a general overview of an octane number. An octane number is a quantitative, but imprecise measure of the maximum compression ratio at which a particular fuel can be utilized in an engine without some of the fuel /air mixture "knocking" or self igniting. This self ignition of the air/fuel mixture in the cylinder results in a loss of peak power. Directionally as the compression ratio of the engine increases so does the required octane number of the gasoline if engine knocking is to be avoided.

The performance of an engine is dependent upon many factors, one of which is the severity of operation. Accordingly the performance of a fuel is also dependent upon engine severity. To account for differences in the performance quality of a fuel two engine octane numbers are routinely used. Thc Research Octane Number (RON, or F1) simulates fuel performance under low severity engine operation. The Motor Octane Number (MON, or F2) simulates more severe operation that might be incurred at high speed or high load. In practice the octane of a gasoline is reported as the average of RON and MON or R+M/2.

Classically, both numbers are measured with a standardized single cylinder, variable compression ratio engine. For both RON and MON, the engine is operated at a constant speed (RPM's) and the compression ratio is increased until the onset of knocking. For RON engine speed is set at 600 rpm and MON is at 900 rpm.

the above was taken from http://www.refiningonline.com/engelhard ... cr4_29.htm check it out

ok technical stuff out of the way, i have a friend that works in quality control at NP, i trust her word and she says we are getting 95RON for premium, but from what you read above, you know what that means. Furthermore Unipet is outside the jurisdiction of NP, and even though they get their gas from the same place her guarantee doesn't hold for them.

Lastly and most importantly some gas stations have been caught sell super as premium, so if you have had a bad experience with a particular gas station (NP that is, cause i doh trust unipet anyway) lets put together a list and don't forget to include why you think their gas sucks.

Oh one more thing, a lil redline SI-1 fuel system cleaner helps, and some ppl might want to use an octane booster

mrdk_cf
Street 2NR

Postby mrdk_cf » October 11th, 2011, 11:33 pm

peaks causes knocking. uhm my bro in law got water in diesel in arima ended having to spend some serious $$$

Pantos
Street 2NR

Postby Pantos » October 14th, 2011, 9:50 pm

NEVER buy gas from Peake's if you can help it. SGV was pinging so much after that, I carried it back to Lifestyle thinking they made a bad adjustment at the service the week before.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » October 15th, 2011, 2:11 am

i prefer to buy gas from unipet stations because of the double filter......gr8 that medford was converted...!!

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » October 19th, 2011, 2:04 pm

if you plan on converting your swift 1.5 rear drum set up for the swift sport rear disc set up then you will need to drill the rotors for 4 bolt (obvious) and you MUST re tap the spindle to except the 1.5 swift abs sensor. The abs light will come on if you try to use the sport abs sensor.

chris1388
Riding on 18's

Postby chris1388 » October 21st, 2011, 12:45 pm

Alpha_2nr wrote:Don't use super in your Swift Sport.

So you eh enlighten the man ? lol

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Postby Mitsu power » October 21st, 2011, 1:04 pm

whizpig wrote:I have been fiddling with my intake set up like a good noob with no "real" mods, and i have stumbled upon an interesting phenomenon. At or above 60kmph if i come of the gas and hold the clutch down (as if to allow the car to roll under momentum or in preparation to stop) the rpm would fall to zero and the car would cut off.

You had an air leak after the MAF sensor happen to me a couple of times .. The car kind of hard starts when you try to start it back .. Its most likely by the Trottle body your clamp is not tight enough.

Mitsu power
Riding on 18's

Postby Mitsu power » October 21st, 2011, 1:06 pm

Ignorant Ignis wrote:if you plan on converting your swift 1.5 rear drum set up for the swift sport rear disc set up then you will need to drill the rotors for 4 bolt (obvious) and you MUST re tap the spindle to except the 1.5 swift abs sensor. The abs light will come on if you try to use the sport abs sensor.

You also have to machine the swift sport hub for the 1.5 abs ring to fit ...

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » October 26th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Mitsu power wrote:You had an air leak after the MAF sensor happen to me a couple of times .. The car kind of hard starts when you try to start it back .. Its most likely by the Trottle body your clamp is not tight enough.

i don't think that was the problem, i'm inclined to believe what i explained, cause rado tried to recreate the problem and he verified that the mixture goes rich under those conditions, and he had to adjust his map and force the car to adjust cause the ECU would not adjust enough to prevent cut off

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » November 18th, 2011, 11:26 am

Cool.

whizpig
Sweet on this forum

Postby whizpig » December 15th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Tired of paying exorbitant prices for parts at the dealership :?: , yet you would really prefer to use OEM parts in your suzuki but can't find them anywhere other than the "dig out meh eye" dealership :?: here is a thread discussing that very matter and has found a solution to your woes viewtopic.php?f=37&t=411586 :!:

Please continue to contribute constructively to this thread, the one i mentioned above, Suzuki in general, and all of trinituner, i have learned alot since i have joined and want to share the info and encourage others to share as well :)

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”