TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

0w-20 on swift

Everything Suzuki - Swift GTi and Ignis Sport to Grand Vitara and XL7

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 108
Joined: August 21st, 2017, 12:49 am

0w-20 on swift

Postby cryotec » August 21st, 2017, 10:24 pm

Anyone ever used 0w-20 oil in their swift? i was going through the car manual today and it says that 0w-20 is the only supported oil. i have only been dumping 10w-30 because that is the cheapest sheit i does find. thinking about it, none of the places that i asked have the 0w-20 oil; what's up with that.

Advertisement
User avatar
Big Z
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 11th, 2004, 9:58 pm
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Kendall, Luberfiner, Redline, Royal Purple, Valvoline, Fuel Injector Cleaning
Contact:

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby Big Z » August 22nd, 2017, 11:12 am

In our temperatures, I would recommend use of a 5W20 instead due to the lower volatility and similar viscousity range as 0w20. 10W30 works well in my experience, but if it were my car, I would be using 5W20. Ensure your pcv valve is clean and not sticking.
Most parts places cater to what the market wants, and not what the market needs to use, ergo the popularity of 20w50. Compunded to this is all the untrained mechanics recommending the wrong oil, and you get a society averse to using the correct lubricants.
I sometimes stock w20 oils, but with no established customer base for it, its future is uncertain at my shop.

User avatar
Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 6433
Joined: February 22nd, 2004, 9:28 am
Contact:

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby Aaron 2NR » August 22nd, 2017, 1:08 pm

we got 0w20 in stock at Valvoline....

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 108
Joined: August 21st, 2017, 12:49 am

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby cryotec » August 23rd, 2017, 3:19 pm

Big Z wrote:In our temperatures, I would recommend use of a 5W20 instead due to the lower volatility and similar viscousity range as 0w20. 10W30 works well in my experience, but if it were my car, I would be using 5W20. Ensure your pcv valve is clean and not sticking.
Most parts places cater to what the market wants, and not what the market needs to use, ergo the popularity of 20w50. Compunded to this is all the untrained mechanics recommending the wrong oil, and you get a society averse to using the correct lubricants.
I sometimes stock w20 oils, but with no established customer base for it, its future is uncertain at my shop.

I'll pretend to know what a pcv valve is ahhaha. i need to find a proper mechanic yes, not them shady ass ones who stick a wrong oil filter in my car. good to know that you dont have problem with 20 grade oil in "trini weather."



Aaron 2NR wrote:we got 0w20 in stock at Valvoline....

where is valvoline? how much for a gallon? i see some stores sell the 10w-30 so i was thinking of trying that one for my next oil change.

User avatar
Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 6433
Joined: February 22nd, 2004, 9:28 am
Contact:

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby Aaron 2NR » August 23rd, 2017, 3:24 pm

cryotec wrote:
Big Z wrote:In our temperatures, I would recommend use of a 5W20 instead due to the lower volatility and similar viscousity range as 0w20. 10W30 works well in my experience, but if it were my car, I would be using 5W20. Ensure your pcv valve is clean and not sticking.
Most parts places cater to what the market wants, and not what the market needs to use, ergo the popularity of 20w50. Compunded to this is all the untrained mechanics recommending the wrong oil, and you get a society averse to using the correct lubricants.
I sometimes stock w20 oils, but with no established customer base for it, its future is uncertain at my shop.

I'll pretend to know what a pcv valve is ahhaha. i need to find a proper mechanic yes, not them shady ass ones who stick a wrong oil filter in my car. good to know that you dont have problem with 20 grade oil in "trini weather."



Aaron 2NR wrote:we got 0w20 in stock at Valvoline....

where is valvoline? how much for a gallon? i see some stores sell the 10w-30 so i was thinking of trying that one for my next oil change.

User avatar
Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 6433
Joined: February 22nd, 2004, 9:28 am
Contact:

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby Aaron 2NR » August 23rd, 2017, 3:25 pm

0w20 only come in quartz u can visit a parts store near you for pricing since we only wholesale as the distributor

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 108
Joined: August 21st, 2017, 12:49 am

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby cryotec » August 23rd, 2017, 3:28 pm

Aaron 2NR wrote:0w20 only come in quartz u can visit a parts store near you for pricing since we only wholesale as the distributor

okay i will be on the lookout. i might have to check other stores or something since the ones that i does check only have 30+.

User avatar
Big Z
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 2398
Joined: August 11th, 2004, 9:58 pm
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Kendall, Luberfiner, Redline, Royal Purple, Valvoline, Fuel Injector Cleaning
Contact:

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby Big Z » August 28th, 2017, 10:05 am

cryotec wrote:I'll pretend to know what a pcv valve is ahhaha. i need to find a proper mechanic yes, not them shady ass ones who stick a wrong oil filter in my car. good to know that you dont have problem with 20 grade oil in "trini weather."


If you're looking for a competent Swift grage, check out Auto Technica Workshop. They are Swift specialists.
The pcv valve relieves pressure from the cylinder head cover. If it sticks open, the engine may burn oil.

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 108
Joined: August 21st, 2017, 12:49 am

Re: 0w-20 on swift

Postby cryotec » August 28th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Big Z wrote:
cryotec wrote:I'll pretend to know what a pcv valve is ahhaha. i need to find a proper mechanic yes, not them shady ass ones who stick a wrong oil filter in my car. good to know that you dont have problem with 20 grade oil in "trini weather."


If you're looking for a competent Swift grage, check out Auto Technica Workshop. They are Swift specialists.
The pcv valve relieves pressure from the cylinder head cover. If it sticks open, the engine may burn oil.
bless i go give atw a checkout.

Advertisement

Return to “SUZUKI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests