TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pasta
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: January 5th, 2009, 12:54 pm

RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby pasta » July 16th, 2009, 7:42 am

Whats up people I an considering starting a Renault owners club. I have been working at the company for the past 5 years and feel (although a bit late) that something can be done to preserve the now very few owners who still love the car. I know it may be too late but you can call me if you are interested. Some of the benefits are (great discounts etc).
call John at 484-0551

Advertisement
themotorsalon.com
Riding on 13's
Posts: 4
Joined: August 13th, 2007, 7:23 pm
Location: Arima

Postby themotorsalon.com » July 17th, 2009, 7:06 pm

11:11
Last edited by themotorsalon.com on August 13th, 2011, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pasta
Riding on 13's
Posts: 7
Joined: January 5th, 2009, 12:54 pm

RENAULT OWNERS CLUB

Postby pasta » July 18th, 2009, 8:10 am

What part of south are you from, and parts tell me what you need and i would let you know what i can do

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » July 19th, 2009, 7:59 am

Mr John..aka pasta-man..

Am I hearing k-tecracing???????

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » August 5th, 2009, 8:27 pm

bump

themotorsalon.com
Riding on 13's
Posts: 4
Joined: August 13th, 2007, 7:23 pm
Location: Arima

Postby themotorsalon.com » August 10th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Pointman!!!

Are you the Renault Boss down Point Fortin i heard bout??? Heard from a pal that yuh even grease he 4 Doors on d last service and make him smile!!!

If so can you give me contact number??? thanks

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » August 11th, 2009, 5:28 pm

themotorsalon.com wrote:Pointman!!!

Are you the Renault Boss down Point Fortin i heard bout??? Heard from a pal that yuh even grease he 4 Doors on d last service and make him smile!!!

If so can you give me contact number??? thanks



themotorsalon....
the guy you seek is Kester. You can reach him at 784-4598..
He's very reliable.

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » August 31st, 2009, 11:51 am

Are you guys still going to form this club ?

I have a Clio 172Sport, MK2 that is being prepped for competition use.

just did quite a bit of work on the car, timing belt, oil cooler, intake ecu, brakes, gearbox, suspesion etc.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » August 31st, 2009, 1:44 pm

De Bench wrote:Are you guys still going to form this club ?

I have a Clio 172Sport, MK2 that is being prepped for competition use.

just did quite a bit of work on the car, timing belt, oil cooler, intake ecu, brakes, gearbox, suspesion etc.


u serious!! for competition!!

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » August 31st, 2009, 3:48 pm

dead serious.
All we have running in TnT ius a set of JDM cars, nobody have a drop of originality.
I've run Toyota, Mazdaz(yuck) & Subaru.
I have a Subaru S14 car being completed now, which will be my 4wd car, but I want the Clio as my 2wd car for Dex and other small events.

I already scrapped the 172 and the cage installation will start this week.
i would post pictures but it's not my style.

Pm me for build location, you may be motivated to build one to !!!

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » September 6th, 2009, 10:12 pm

cage almost done, waiting on LSD to put the gearbox back together.

once that done stuff the engine back into the car and start wiring it out
then is dyno time

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » September 7th, 2009, 7:03 pm

De Bench wrote:dead serious.
All we have running in TnT ius a set of JDM cars, nobody have a drop of originality.
I've run Toyota, Mazdaz(yuck) & Subaru.
I have a Subaru S14 car being completed now, which will be my 4wd car, but I want the Clio as my 2wd car for Dex and other small events.

I already scrapped the 172 and the cage installation will start this week.
i would post pictures but it's not my style.

Pm me for build location, you may be motivated to build one to !!!


:shock: :shock: :shock:
This would be nice to see. A 172 competing for the first time in T'dad...

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » September 7th, 2009, 9:48 pm

De Bench wrote:cage almost done, waiting on LSD to put the gearbox back together.

once that done stuff the engine back into the car and start wiring it out
then is dyno time


plans change on the LSD, bought a complete Sadev gearbox today, so now i waiting on my gearbox :D

And yes, it will actually be the first Trini based Euro car competing in TnT.

I am hoping to do good with this car, we're aiming at 1600lbs finished weight and 190hp/160ft/lbs tq with a swing of 9500 rpm

plex
2NR phototakerouter
Posts: 3922
Joined: August 6th, 2004, 6:56 pm
Contact:

Postby plex » September 8th, 2009, 9:47 am

De Bench wrote:
De Bench wrote:cage almost done, waiting on LSD to put the gearbox back together.

once that done stuff the engine back into the car and start wiring it out
then is dyno time


plans change on the LSD, bought a complete Sadev gearbox today, so now i waiting on my gearbox :D

And yes, it will actually be the first Trini based Euro car competing in TnT.

I am hoping to do good with this car, we're aiming at 1600lbs finished weight and 190hp/160ft/lbs tq with a swing of 9500 rpm


Now i like that..When will you be competing?

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » September 8th, 2009, 12:29 pm

the car should be ready for the rally later this month.
BUT
I am traveling and will not return home until the morning of the event.
So that event is out.

So, we will debut officially the "Silver Screamer" in the October event.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » September 9th, 2009, 1:18 pm

De Bench wrote:the car should be ready for the rally later this month.
BUT
I am traveling and will not return home until the morning of the event.
So that event is out.

So, we will debut officially the "Silver Screamer" in the October event.


keep us updated if it is alright with you. I'll convene with the Renault gurus about such accomplishment..

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » September 9th, 2009, 4:47 pm

just a quick update guys!!

As from the picture, you will see the engine fitted with some of the necessary sensors as well as the oil cooler adaptor plate.

the rest is self explanatory

Image

Image

Image

Image

Vdubber
Posts: 0
Joined: December 14th, 2007, 11:02 pm

Postby Vdubber » September 13th, 2009, 10:39 pm

Can someone tell me how reliable these cars are, Availabilty of parts and if the parts are expensive? Thinking of buying one. I presently own a VW bora. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for parts if I get another car. Is it worth it, or should I just go
Jap if I want inexpensive parts. TY in advance.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » September 14th, 2009, 3:52 pm

Vdubber wrote:Can someone tell me how reliable these cars are, Availabilty of parts and if the parts are expensive? Thinking of buying one. I presently own a VW bora. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for parts if I get another car. Is it worth it, or should I just go
Jap if I want inexpensive parts. TY in advance.


:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I think you should go Jap, and save space on this thread..

RenaultOC
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: September 25th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Renault Owners

Postby RenaultOC » September 25th, 2009, 6:32 pm

There is already a club for these, one in America and the main one in the UK if you type renault owners club into google you should find them.

The UK one posts all over the world and has an on line resource too. I know they can reporduce (legally) manuals and brochures too.

Maybe worth an email to them?

RenaultOC
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: September 25th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Postby RenaultOC » September 25th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Reliable? Mines 109 years old (that's pre-Ford) and still going strong.My Clios on 113000 miles and quite hapy too. No strike that, needed a set of brake pads at 60,000 miles and a rear wheel bearing. Oh and I do have to change the oil every 18000 miles. Joking apart, I've driven / been driven in these for 34 years and so far suffered (as in tow truck home) only 3 failures, snapped clutch cable (Espace), Fuel Pump Fuego) and Radiator (21). Mow my Land Rover got a lot more abuse and needed a clutch twice.

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Re: Renault Owners

Postby De Bench » September 27th, 2009, 11:10 am

RenaultOC wrote:There is already a club for these, one in America and the main one in the UK if you type renault owners club into google you should find them.

The UK one posts all over the world and has an on line resource too. I know they can reporduce (legally) manuals and brochures too.

Maybe worth an email to them?


The Uk club is Cliosport(www.cliosport.net)
I'm already a member, thanks for the direct

RenaultOC
Riding on 13's
Posts: 3
Joined: September 25th, 2009, 6:16 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Clubs

Postby RenaultOC » September 27th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Yes but the Owners Club has covered them since they started in 1980 and may appeal to some people (I'm a 2 clio family and the last show was 75% Clios. next year is their 20th Birthday. We don't "specialise" on any particular vehicle but do have the advantage that we can legally copy Renault's material, workshop manuals etc and are supported by them.
We have a specific Renualt Clio Registrar too.
And we've been around for over 50 years so hopefully will be around when the clio numbers are about the same level as the Dauphines.
A lot of our members join a specialist club and the Owners Club indeed some of the specialist clubs join us completely and run our sections for us.
I'm not suggesting any one is better than another here but different things appeal to different people and different things come from different places.

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » October 4th, 2009, 8:08 am

Latest update, reassembly has started, and detail works being done.

Swami has eliminated the French electrical system and installed what we will need to run this car.
ECU wiring on hold as we are still awaiting the gearbox and ITB's

Rear DMS 2 way 50mm suspension installed with Eibach springs
Whole braking system redone

once we are inside with those parts we will update the pics

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » October 6th, 2009, 1:51 pm

nice work "de bench".
Did you source the suspension kit from the UK?

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » October 6th, 2009, 7:55 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:nice work "de bench".
Did you source the suspension kit from the UK?


No, our company is the DMS dealer for this region, so support for the shocks is available.

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » October 6th, 2009, 9:04 pm

De Bench wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:nice work "de bench".
Did you source the suspension kit from the UK?


No, our company is the DMS dealer for this region, so support for the shocks is available.


can u pm me a price of a kit. Especially the springs. Car for road use.

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » October 7th, 2009, 12:24 pm

^^^^^^^^^

PM sent

User avatar
Pointman-IA
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1764
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 11:34 pm
Location: South West Trinidad
Contact:

Postby Pointman-IA » October 7th, 2009, 1:33 pm

thanks....

De Bench
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1528
Joined: October 22nd, 2004, 12:39 pm
Location: Same place with you.....
Contact:

Postby De Bench » October 20th, 2009, 7:56 am

Update with PICS coming soon renault lovers.

DMS installed
Top mount inside, ITB's on
Dog box inside
Radiator made and fitted.
eletrical being finished
power steering rerouting completed.
Flaring completed
Braided break lines installed
Hydraulic hand break installed.

Looking good so far

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest