Folks, I'm interested in buying a bmw E46 as a daily driver..however i know nothing about euro cars
i searched the forum but i didnt really see much of interest
some basic questions..
* Is maintenance standard and something i can do myself with a shop manual? or would i require special tools etc (i like to do my own things unless it's extremely complex)
* Can parts be easily found on ebay etc? Shipping is not a problem for me, but from my experience with Hondas, I've had some minor compatibility issues with the USDM and the JDM models
* If i got an auto, is a manual conversion a complex/near impossible task?
* Is there anything special I should look out for when purchasing? How can I get a hint that the car might be a 'lime'?
* Are there any reputable mechanics who specialise in these? (besides the firm)