TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Unscrupulous ppl: Rolling back mileage on Euros.

BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Audi, Peugeot, Renault, VW, Rover, Volvo, Porsche, Jaguar etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Krystal Car Part Imports
Sweet on this forum

Re: Unscrupulous ppl: Rolling back mileage on Euros.

Postby Krystal Car Part Imports » April 7th, 2014, 4:00 pm

Pointman-IA wrote:Loco and Ecotune, a particular VW Passat that is currently for sale on trinicarsforsale underwent a rollback.
I know the car personally.
Someone from central Trinidad, who buys and sells used cars, apparently bought it and next 2 days, it is on the site with the rolled back mileage.

I dont think its a rollback. They probably replaced the entire instrument panel which is the easier thing to do.

To rollback mileage on a VW instrument panel, you would need specialized software and a EEPROM programmer. ( so I have read)

I stand to be corrected, but from what i have read, one must replace a VW insteument cluster with another from a car with the specific ECU/ engine. So, if you have a 2.0T and you get a panel of a 3.2 vehicle, you need to replace the software on the cluster itself for it to work right

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » April 7th, 2014, 6:11 pm

kantoine wrote:
Pointman-IA wrote:Loco and Ecotune, a particular VW Passat that is currently for sale on trinicarsforsale underwent a rollback.
I know the car personally.
Someone from central Trinidad, who buys and sells used cars, apparently bought it and next 2 days, it is on the site with the rolled back mileage.

I dont think its a rollback. They probably replaced the entire instrument panel which is the easier thing to do.

To rollback mileage on a VW instrument panel, you would need specialized software and a EEPROM programmer. ( so I have read)

I stand to be corrected, but from what i have read, one must replace a VW insteument cluster with another from a car with the specific ECU/ engine. So, if you have a 2.0T and you get a panel of a 3.2 vehicle, you need to replace the software on the cluster itself for it to work right

Hoss..they rolled it back.

The instrument cluster was not changed.

I am not verse with the VW but with the Renaults, putting in an instrument panel from the Sport Clio into a Non Sport requires the harness and other parts from the "donor" car.

wacky
Riding on 13's

Postby wacky » August 8th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Stig786 wrote:Yea in the last year it's been parked in work in a carpark that isn't covered and although I use a windscreen shield the heat inside the car has messed up the LCD pretty bad to the point where it is nearly unreadable in the day but its fine in the night prior to this it was my dads car was parked in a garage most of the time out of the sun

Yh I have a VW Bora n when I park in d sun all day it fades slightly but as soon as d car cools down inside with d A/C d display is back 2 normal. My car has no tint so I know DAT can really affect d panel. BTW my Bora is 2004 and is only doing 59,*** miles I haven't driven it since March because I have 2 other vehicles but I start her every week :D :D . There are genuine Euro cars with low mileage but u just gotta look ppl

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » August 9th, 2014, 6:11 am

I have an unusual problem where I genuinely need to replace my speedo in my van. I am getting a used speedo but the mileage is less than half of my current 320,000kms mileage. I want to get the correct mileage on it but its the analog type. Pressure

Pointman-IA
Shifting into 6th

Postby Pointman-IA » August 9th, 2014, 7:31 am

Get a front cut..lol

Advertisement

Return to “EURO”