TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Introducing the 2013 Chevy CAPTIVA

Daihatsu, Isuzu, Daewoo, Chevy, Holden etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Introducing the 2013 Chevy CAPTIVA

Postby NorStar2K » August 24th, 2012, 10:49 am

It finally here! The 2013 Chevy Captiva. Specially Priced : $389,750.00
Attachments
001.jpg
002.jpg

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Introducing the 2013 Chevy CAPTIVA

Postby NorStar2K » September 12th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Chevy Runs Deep

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » September 16th, 2012, 3:04 am

nice....average monthly installment? with 10% down? or whatever the recommended dwnpymt is.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » September 16th, 2012, 4:56 pm

christopherwilliams2 wrote:nice....average monthly installment? with 10% down? or whatever the recommended dwnpymt is.

Never get caught up with the 10% down-payment by any bank/finance company. The monthly instalments are HUGE.

Example: The 2013 Captiva with the 10% down-payment:

- $389,750.00 with 10% D/P ($38,975.00) x 9.5% P/A x 5 yrs = $8,623.22
- $389,750.00 with 10% D/P ($38,975.00) x 9.5% P/A x 6 yrs = $7,648.84

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » September 16th, 2012, 5:05 pm

NorStar2K wrote:
christopherwilliams2 wrote:nice....average monthly installment? with 10% down? or whatever the recommended dwnpymt is.

Never get caught up with the 10% down-payment by any bank/finance company. The monthly instalments are HUGE.

Example: The 2013 Captiva with the 10% down-payment:

- $389,750.00 with 10% D/P ($38,975.00) x 9.5% P/A x 5 yrs = $8,623.22
- $389,750.00 with 10% D/P ($38,975.00) x 9.5% P/A x 6 yrs = $7,648.84

Ouch!

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » September 16th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Best practice christopherwilliams2, the larger the D/P, the lower the monthly instalment.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » September 16th, 2012, 5:32 pm

NorStar2K wrote:Best practice christopherwilliams2, the larger the D/P, the lower the monthly instalment.

Word.
You work there?
Looking closely at the cruze.
Find it's s getting a little too popular though.

Mazdout
Sweet on this forum

Postby Mazdout » October 17th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Chris, if it's getting popular, means something good is working for it and new owners are seeing and feeling what it is. Dynamics, Interior styling......value for your $$$$ maybe.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 1st, 2012, 7:23 pm

$400 k for a daewoo(only the badge is chevy,)?and then the company have no parts. Over a year I take to get parts,when you do get them they real expensive,as in $5000 for headlamp,$8000 bumper etc.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 1st, 2012, 10:44 pm

rspann wrote:$400 k for a daewoo(only the badge is chevy,)?and then the company have no parts. Over a year I take to get parts,when you do get them they real expensive,as in $5000 for headlamp,$8000 bumper etc.

Over a year to get part for a Captiva via Lifestyle? And what were the parts?

Any those parts prices aren't extreme, based on the vehicle. Try buying the same parts for a similar vehicle in its class like the Sorento, Santa Fe, Everest, Forester, CX7, 2G X-Trail or CRV.

And, isn't that what you have insurance for? To cover replacement parts such are headlamps and bumpers?

And so what if its badged Daewoo/Chevy/Holden? Its based on market region. Look at what GM owns:

GENERAL MOTORS

Owns:
*General Motors
*Chevrolet
*Adam Opel
*Holden
*Saab automobile
*Vauxhall
*Suzuki(20.3%)
*GM Daewoo(4.6%)
*Isuzu(12%)
*Fiat (10%)

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » December 2nd, 2012, 11:31 am

NorStar2K wrote:
And so what if its badged Daewoo/Chevy/Holden? Its based on market region. Look at what GM owns:

GENERAL MOTORS

Owns:
*General Motors
*Chevrolet
*Adam Opel
*Holden
*Saab automobile
*Vauxhall
*Suzuki(20.3%)
*GM Daewoo(4.6%)
*Isuzu(12%)
*Fiat (10%)

umm I don't think GM has anything to do with any of those brands now :|
as far as daewoo is concerned, I believe that brand name has just about been completely phased out by GM :fadein: not that this would matter to some people; "what's in a name............." 0X

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 2nd, 2012, 12:20 pm

Its still a daewoo,a lot of people think its a chevy thats why someone here said chevy runs deep.Try to sell it in the USA,oh yeah I think the new one is available the one before wasn't.The parts even have daewoo labeled on it.And yes the parts are never in stock,it's always coming in the next shipment.Dont talk about the optra,a front bumper is $7000 plus,if they have.Autobody works want a head light and grille and some other parts for a colorado,tell me they have it in stock nah.Dont talk about insurance,you think everybody have full coverage?Tell that to a poster in this same forum who wants steering ends and they told them they have to buy a complete rack for $9000.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 2nd, 2012, 9:22 pm

rspann wrote:Its still a daewoo,a lot of people think its a chevy thats why someone here said chevy runs deep.Try to sell it in the USA,oh yeah I think the new one is available the one before wasn't.The parts even have daewoo labeled on it.And yes the parts are never in stock,it's always coming in the next shipment.Dont talk about the optra,a front bumper is $7000 plus,if they have.Autobody works want a head light and grille and some other parts for a colorado,tell me they have it in stock nah.Dont talk about insurance,you think everybody have full coverage?Tell that to a poster in this same forum who wants steering ends and they told them they have to buy a complete rack for $9000.

Try explaining yourself instead of ranting. You also haven't answered MY questions specific to your original statements. I'd like to separate fact from fiction.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 2nd, 2012, 9:28 pm

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 2nd, 2012, 10:43 pm

I have explained myself,and probably you can't understand what I'm saying.Where does the ranting talk come from?What about an answer to the fact that someone else too said the same thing in another thread,see' captiva parts'.What about autobody works ?did he get the parts he needs?Are you a bully?why does what I say offend you?Probably because it's the truth!The truth offends.All I did was make a statement of fact,and like that tripped you off.Ask your counter men and the warehouse men if what I'm saying is not true.They have no parts if the vehicle is involved in a frontal impact,(not too serious).Bonnet, fenders,etc .took months to get.After a year they never got a radiator panel,had to straighten it, i still have to get a fender liner and the left fender vent.The top finisher on the rad panel,you only have one side fog lamp,no bumper support bracket,and a lot of other parts.They didn't have the grille,told me its coming last week,when the container opened ,after a week still none.When I complained to pilgrim,he found one in south and the girl in El socorro found a fender flare under the wrong location.And horsie,I have an x5,x6 an sclass benz among others,and I buy parts for them,the prices on those parts are justified don't try to compare a daewoo to a CRV or aSanta fe.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 3rd, 2012, 12:16 am

rspann wrote:I have explained myself,and probably you can't understand what I'm saying.Where does the ranting talk come from?What about an answer to the fact that someone else too said the same thing in another thread,see' captiva parts'.What about autobody works ?did he get the parts he needs?Are you a bully?why does what I say offend you?Probably because it's the truth!The truth offends.All I did was make a statement of fact,and like that tripped you off.Ask your counter men and the warehouse men if what I'm saying is not true.They have no parts if the vehicle is involved in a frontal impact,(not too serious).Bonnet, fenders,etc .took months to get.After a year they never got a radiator panel,had to straighten it, i still have to get a fender liner and the left fender vent.The top finisher on the rad panel,you only have one side fog lamp,no bumper support bracket,and a lot of other parts.They didn't have the grille,told me its coming last week,when the container opened ,after a week still none.When I complained to pilgrim,he found one in south and the girl in El socorro found a fender flare under the wrong location.And horsie,I have an x5,x6 an sclass benz among others,and I buy parts for them,the prices on those parts are justified don't try to compare a daewoo to a CRV or aSanta fe.

You CANNOT make generalized statements based on a single experience. You've only now explained yourself, post rant.

The issue you're referring to isn't unique to any company. I know of a company that bought 4 Santa Fes and in 6 months 2 were down for fuel pump, 1 for power steering. Nil stock. Another company 2 Sportages, fuel pump, nil stock.

And Daewoo is now GM Korea, so I don't see the point you're trying to make Daewoo seem like a lesser brand. If it was, I doubt GM would've had any commercial interest in it.

We're not on the school playground so we don't need the "I have an x5,x6 an sclass benz among others".

And, by the way, it would take a lot more than the likes of you to 'trip me off'.

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » December 4th, 2012, 12:26 pm

spann the captiva was designed by daewoo of south korea but long before this, daewoo and gm partnered on several projects. Over the years quality improved and now that the daewoo arm of gm is gone, the company is now GM Korea.

Daewoo was just a name. The platform and drivetrain are all sourced within the GM parts-bin. If one says the Captiva is sheit, then they ultimately saying the current products in the Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Holden and Vauxhall/Opel are all sheit.

GM does not hold the title of the largest auto maker in the world by making sheit. The people decided and they purchased their products to make them #1. It means they are doing something good. I would never say their products are superior over everything else which is not true but the way you spoke of the captiva you would swear its a reincarnated PBB cielo that is 16yrs old and lost its drivetrain 10yrs ago.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 4th, 2012, 2:02 pm

acesinghit wrote:spann the captiva was designed by daewoo of south korea but long before this, daewoo and gm partnered on several projects. Over the years quality improved and now that the daewoo arm of gm is gone, the company is now GM Korea.

Daewoo was just a name. The platform and drivetrain are all sourced within the GM parts-bin. If one says the Captiva is sheit, then they ultimately saying the current products in the Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, Holden and Vauxhall/Opel are all sheit.

GM does not hold the title of the largest auto maker in the world by making sheit. The people decided and they purchased their products to make them #1. It means they are doing something good. I would never say their products are superior over everything else which is not true but the way you spoke of the captiva you would swear its a reincarnated PBB cielo that is 16yrs old and lost its drivetrain 10yrs ago.

As always, well said ace!

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 4th, 2012, 8:33 pm

Today the parts manager contacted me(thanks to this forum)and explained the problem,he calmed me down after all that I went through for the whole time waiting and waiting.The guys in the warehouse kept telling me parts coming in the next container,which he said they would not know.He guaranteed that if I need parts he didn't have in stock he would order them in short time.To be truthful this was the only vehicle I had problems with the co. for parts.They always had suzuki parts when i needed.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 5th, 2012, 1:20 am

rspann wrote:Today the parts manager contacted me(thanks to this forum)and explained the problem,he calmed me down after all that I went through for the whole time waiting and waiting.The guys in the warehouse kept telling me parts coming in the next container,which he said they would not know.He guaranteed that if I need parts he didn't have in stock he would order them in short time.To be truthful this was the only vehicle I had problems with the co. for parts.They always had suzuki parts when i needed.

Thanks to this forum? Really? I'm investigating the entire matter and I shall post the findings right here.

One thing is for certain, you DIDN'T wait A YEAR for parts as you claimed. It’s this sort of slanderous fallacious comments that we don’t want here.

As tuners, we have a moral responsibility to the members of the forum to comment accurately and with facts, not assertions and innuendoes when trying and glorifying ourselves and making false claims. Save that for the ‘Ole talk and more Ole talk’ forum.

Forum members look to these threads for valid information and guidance. None of which was covered in your previous rant.

You comments could've hurt Lifestyle's reputation for quality products and after sales service, but luckily it didn’t.

If someone were to make negative comments about your garage and quality of service would you appreciate be defamed on this forum? Ultimately hurting your business?! I think not!

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 16th, 2012, 1:56 am

As promised, here's the official response from the Executive Management team of Lifestyle Motors, based on investigations conducted into allegations made by rspann against Lifestyle Motors.
Attachments
LSM - Trinituner Parts Complaint (1).jpg
LSM - Trinituner Parts Complaint (2).jpg

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 17th, 2012, 7:45 pm

rspann, care to comment now??

acesinghit
punchin NOS

Postby acesinghit » December 18th, 2012, 11:19 am

rspann, you have some explaining to do. We expect that you would have the moral obligation to bring facts to the members of this forum as people use here for vital information. I join Norstar in looking forward to your response in regard to the above, thanks.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 22nd, 2012, 10:38 am

As I said before,and still maintain,while not seeking to harm the company's reputation(which I never had any intention to do,as I have had a very good relationship other than this experience)I went for a quote since late 2011,and was told that some of the parts were available but the main ones,the bonnet and radiator panel was not due till the first week in 2012.I opted to wait till the second week in Jan.2012 as advised,only to be told in January that they were still not available(I eventually got the bonnet,headlamps,bumper,fenders and bumper reinforcement in April(after being told there was no bonnet) and there was still no radiator panel.I bought all that was available then ,went ahead and repaired the vehicle(straightened the radiator panel).I tried to get the rest on other occasions until eventually in Nov.2012 I got most of the rest.There are still some outstanding.While it is true as they stated,that I did not place an order,that was only because I was assured that the parts were on back order and were coming.If the parts were already coming,I saw no need to re-order.When in Nov. 2012 I was told there was no grille, fender flare,fog light,top radiator panel finisher etc,I did not know what to do, again,I was told it was in a container to be opened that weekend.After calling the warehouse for a week,I went in and was told by the parts manager that whoever told me that,was not in the know and I should have contacted him.Eventually he found two of the same parts they said was not available.The rest he told me I will have to order.I have given up and have sold the vehicle as is.I tried to stay out of the bacchanal,but I have tried here to explain my situation.I have been purported to be not telling the truth,but all involved knows what I an saying and obviously will try to make excuses.The only thing I'm at fault for is not placing an order,but i never did so because I was assured the parts were coming.As I said before,I have had only good experiences with lifestyle before and I wish no harm to their reputation I am sorry for what I said about their vehicle,I realize it might sound derogatory,but that was how I felt at that time.The part about the parts however ,is just as I have stated.I will not be commenting any further since I have already sold the vehicle and that is behind me now.All that I have said here was already told to the parts manager,(yes I do know him well)and he told me that the problem was that I did not make a special order which would have ensured that I got all the parts as I needed them.

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » December 22nd, 2012, 10:18 pm

^^^So rspann, after all is said and done, you lied. You couldn't have waited a year for something you DIDN'T order.

So I reiterate my original point (post rant); You CANNOT make generalized statements based on a single experience.

Especially when the facts DO NOT support the claims, so needless to say you embarrassed yourself alone and LSM is left unscathed by your futile attempt to cast aspersions on the same company for which you now claim to have a very good relationship with.

In simple terms Mr. Spann, you should know better.

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » December 22nd, 2012, 10:59 pm

Hahaha a man waiting for something that he never ordered.....and want to rant on top of that....

14lover
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 14lover » December 27th, 2012, 9:05 am

a man get make out, and hard to.....

hornchile
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hornchile » January 4th, 2013, 9:11 pm

no bluetooth....

Advertisement

Return to “OTHER Manufacturers”