TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 117 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 432
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » May 22nd, 2020, 12:30 pm

let them in! but quarantine them.

Also, for those who don't understand testing. In most studies testing rates have been able to detect 5 to 10% of cases.

When I said we could have had 5x cases, that is pure speculation based on these studies, but the fact is, the MoH and CMO KNOW there's a high change that many cases weren't detected. So 5x is a good guesstimate as to how many cases were present but died off without spreading.

We know we don't have much spread as no one has been sick enough (5-10% of covid cases) to warrant testing.

So now, we need to hope that these persons recovered fine without spreading it due to the lockdown effects.

However, due to so many mild and asymptomatic cases (80% or higher even), we could have many people walking around with it.

That is why they are insisting on mask wearing and still not opening things back fully at least for 2-3 weeks.

Advertisement
redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7604
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 22nd, 2020, 1:35 pm

is hundreds of them- obviously we doh have the capacity for that- so it has to be gradual

and how do they know the ship is Covid free? by symptoms? they not aware of asymptomatic infections? the group of persons we let in from a cruise ship- how much of them tested positive? and that's only the ones with symptoms.

User avatar
eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12558
Joined: March 10th, 2006, 1:36 am
Location: Siparia
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby eliteauto » May 22nd, 2020, 9:18 pm

CrimeWatch host Ian Alleyne has been ordered to pay the legal costs of director of the Caura Hospital, Dr Michelle Trotman, for his failed lawsuit demanding his release from quarantine in April.

Alleyne’s challenge against Trotman failed to take flight as he withdrew it when his attorneys appeared before Justice Ricky Rahim on April 16.

In his decision, Rahim said Alleyne’s conduct in the matter “overwhelms all other considerations in the circumstances of this case.”

Alleyne was seeking to have Dr Trotman justify his detention at the facility after he was told, on April 14, he tested negative for covid19 and was being discharged, Alleyne was then told he had in fact tested positive and must stay in hospital.

He was eventually discharged on April 23.

A communication error was blamed for the discrepancy in his covid19 test results. According to the judge, Alleyne had two opportunities to withdraw his application but did not.

The talk show host was ordered to pay the costs of senior counsel and one junior counsel.

Dr Trotman was represented by Reginald Armour, SC, Vanessa Gopaul, and Rishi Dass.


https://newsday.co.tt/2020/05/22/ian-al ... gal-costs/

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » May 22nd, 2020, 10:04 pm

What is costs of a senior and junior counsel?

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 13478
Joined: October 11th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Phone Surgeon » May 22nd, 2020, 10:19 pm

pugboy wrote:What is costs of a senior and junior counsel?



Instructing under 5 years call $ 650.00 per hr
Band A Advocate under 5 years call $ 800.00 per hr
Instructing over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,000.00 per hr
Band B
Advocating over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,200.00 per hr
Instructing over 10 years but under 20 years call $1,700.00 per hr
Band C Advocating over 10 years but under 20 years call $2,000.00 per hr
Instructing over 20 years call $2,250.00 per hr
Band D Advocate over 20 years call $2,500.00 per hr
Band E Senior Counsel / Queen’s Counsel $3,500.00 per hr

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10941
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » May 23rd, 2020, 12:06 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:What is costs of a senior and junior counsel?



Instructing under 5 years call $ 650.00 per hr
Band A Advocate under 5 years call $ 800.00 per hr
Instructing over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,000.00 per hr
Band B
Advocating over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,200.00 per hr
Instructing over 10 years but under 20 years call $1,700.00 per hr
Band C Advocating over 10 years but under 20 years call $2,000.00 per hr
Instructing over 20 years call $2,250.00 per hr
Band D Advocate over 20 years call $2,500.00 per hr
Band E Senior Counsel / Queen’s Counsel $3,500.00 per hr


Those fees look par for course based on what the Big 4 accounting firms charge for their services as well as what some engineering consultancy firms charge for eng tech up to senior engineers.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7604
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2020, 2:18 am

on a related note the so called 'reinfection' phenomenon is really because the PCR test detects both live & dead virus, so they are no longer infectious

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7604
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2020, 2:27 am

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200522/face-masks-can-help-prevent-viral-spread

Face Masks Can Help Prevent Viral Spread
By Robert Preidt
HealthDay Reporter
FRIDAY, May 22, 2020 (HealthDay News) -- Face coverings may reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19, a new study suggests.

Researchers assessed the effectiveness of seven types of face coverings -- including medical-grade and homemade masks -- when people breathed or coughed while standing or lying down. They were also tested using a dummy attached to a cough-simulating machine.

All face coverings without an outlet valve reduce the forward distance of a deep exhale by at least 90%, according to the study led by engineers at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.

A respirator mask -- widely used by workers exposed to fine dust -- protects the wearer. But the study warned that valves meant to make breathing easier could allow exhaled air to spread considerable distances in front of the wearer.

"I have generally been impressed by the effectiveness of all the face coverings we tested," said study leader Ignazio Maria Viola, from the university's School of Engineering.

"However, we discovered that some face coverings allow the emergence of downward or backward jets that people are not aware of and that could be a major hazard to others around them," he said in a university news release.

Surgical and handmade masks were found to reduce the forward flow of droplets in people's breath. But they also jetted air to the side, behind, above and below. Heavy breathing and coughing, in particular, caused intense backward jets.

Only masks that formed a tight seal with the face prevented the escape of fluid particles that can carry viruses, according to the study released May 21, ahead of publication in a journal.

Full-face shields worn without masks permit the release of a strong downward jet, the researchers found.


"It was reassuring to see the handmade mask worked just as well as the surgical mask to stop the wearer's breath flowing directly forwards. This suggests that some handmade masks can help to prevent the wearer from infecting the public," said Dr. Felicity Mehendale, a surgeon at the Center for Global Health at the university.

"But," she added, "the strong backward jets mean you need to think twice before turning your head if you cough while wearing a mask; and be careful if you stand behind or beside someone wearing a mask."

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » May 23rd, 2020, 7:00 am

so how much you think total cost of case Ian gonna have to cough up ?

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:What is costs of a senior and junior counsel?



Instructing under 5 years call $ 650.00 per hr
Band A Advocate under 5 years call $ 800.00 per hr
Instructing over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,000.00 per hr
Band B
Advocating over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,200.00 per hr
Instructing over 10 years but under 20 years call $1,700.00 per hr
Band C Advocating over 10 years but under 20 years call $2,000.00 per hr
Instructing over 20 years call $2,250.00 per hr
Band D Advocate over 20 years call $2,500.00 per hr
Band E Senior Counsel / Queen’s Counsel $3,500.00 per hr

User avatar
death365
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 524
Joined: June 24th, 2013, 2:30 pm
Location: San Juan

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby death365 » May 23rd, 2020, 7:03 am

Na... They will do it for free (to build or solidify their name). Remember that Lawers are based in reputation alone.
pugboy wrote:so how much you think total cost of case Ian gonna have to cough up ?

Phone Surgeon wrote:
pugboy wrote:What is costs of a senior and junior counsel?



Instructing under 5 years call $ 650.00 per hr
Band A Advocate under 5 years call $ 800.00 per hr
Instructing over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,000.00 per hr
Band B
Advocating over 5 years but under 10 years call $1,200.00 per hr
Instructing over 10 years but under 20 years call $1,700.00 per hr
Band C Advocating over 10 years but under 20 years call $2,000.00 per hr
Instructing over 20 years call $2,250.00 per hr
Band D Advocate over 20 years call $2,500.00 per hr
Band E Senior Counsel / Queen’s Counsel $3,500.00 per hr

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » May 23rd, 2020, 7:07 am

He lost the case which he initiated, you think the winner who hired SC gonna let him get away ?

adnj
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2166
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » May 23rd, 2020, 8:39 am

Another study on drug Trump says he's taking shows no benefit, increased heart risks

May 22, 2020, 12:27 PM EDT / Updated May 22, 2020, 1:47 PM EDT

By Erika Edwards

Hydroxychloroquine does not help COVID-19 patients, and indeed may increase deaths, according to a large, international study published Friday in The Lancet.

The new study, led by investigators at Brigham and Women's Hospital Center in Boston, included data from 671 hospitals on six continents.

Researchers compared the outcomes of nearly 15,000 COVID-19 patients received the drug or a similar compound, chloroquine, plus an antibiotic with those of about 81,000 COVID-19 patients who had not received the drugs. It was an observational study, meaning patients were not randomized to get a particular drug or a placebo.

"We were unable to confirm a benefit of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine, when used alone or with" an antibiotic, the study authors wrote. What's more, the patients who got the drugs were more likely than the others to die in the hospital.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... 9-n1212886

User avatar
maj. tom
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6420
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: watching for Pigs on the Wing.

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » May 23rd, 2020, 8:48 am

Trump probably lied about taking the drug anyway. He lies about everything. He is the international counterpart to our Stuart Young.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10991
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby rspann » May 23rd, 2020, 8:55 am

Are we to believe that Stuarty tells lies?

User avatar
paid_influencer
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 965
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » May 23rd, 2020, 9:03 am

If Trump is the equivalent of Stuart Young, NBC/CBS/ABC is the equivalent of the Guardian. The headline doesn't match the article.

The actual article says the study is not randomized, meaning the differences could be due to selection factors. The higher death rate might be due to the more critical cases being given hydroxychloroquine rather than no intervention. The study authors themselves say they cannot confirm any harms or benefits for hydroxychloroquine and called for a randomized clinical trial.

The study authors called for high-quality, randomized clinical trials to confirm any harms or benefits of the medication.

...

Dr. Ken Lyn-Kew, a pulmonologist in the critical care department at Denver's National Jewish Health, agreed.

"This confirms that we need a really good, randomized clinical trial to understand the role of hydroxychloroquine in the treatment of COVID," said Lyn-Kew, who was not involved in the new study. "If we gave the hydroxychloroquine to less sick patients, maybe we'd see a benefit."

adnj
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2166
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » May 23rd, 2020, 10:01 am

How weather could impact the spread of COVID-19

Updated: 2:01 AM PDT May 23, 2020

Edie Lambert   

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —

Warmer weather may have an impact on the spread of the novel coronavirus, according to a working paper from six research institutions.

With a new virus, it takes some time for scientists to understand exactly how it spreads. Many studies have looked at how weather conditions affect the transmission rate of COVID-19.


“Despite multiple studies, there is currently limited agreement on the impact of weather conditions on transmission rates of COVID-19,” according to Harvard University’s “Weather Conditions and COVID-19 Transmission” projections website.

Harvard is one of the institutions contributing to the paper. Researchers assembled data sets from across the world of COVID-19 infections and weather conditions, analyzing the impact of weather on virus transmission across 3,739 locations and creating projections.

“Our projections suggest warmer temperature, more humidity, and moderate outdoor UV exposure may offer a modest reduction in reproductive numbers; however, upcoming changes in weather alone will NOT be enough to fully contain the transmission of COVID-19,” the website says.

KCRA 3 talked with Dr. Dean Blumberg, Chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at UC Davis Children's Hospital, about how the weather could have an impact on the spread of COVID-19.

Blumberg, who is not affiliated with the study, said COVID-19 is following similar patterns of other viruses. He explained three weather factors impact virus transmission.

Heat

“The higher temperatures end up in the degradation of their (viruses) genetic material so that they become less infectious,” Blumberg said.

However, summer heat doesn’t end the spread of viruses.

“It would have to be unbearably hot for COVID-19 to be wiped out,” Blumberg explained. “It would have to be over 130 or 160 degrees — or something like that — to really get rid of it. But, the higher the temperature, the less it survives.”

Humidity

Researchers working on the study also looked at the impact high humidity played on transmission rates. They found the fastest transmission was in places with dry, cool weather with up to 62 degrees.

Blumberg said viruses don’t survive long in high humidity.

“With lower humidity, the virus survives longer,” he said. “It dries out our mucus membrane, our nasal passages and all. And we get cracking and other issues with our respiratory tract and that makes us more susceptible to infection.”

Crowding

“Probably the most important one is crowding,” Blumberg said. “In the winter, people are inside more, and since they're inside more, they're closer. We know that, for example, with COVID-19, a study from China looked at over 100 outbreaks of three or more people and all of those were related to indoor contact, none of those were related to outdoor contact."

Blumberg said when people are outside, higher temperatures break down the virus on surfaces and in the air faster — so it becomes less infectious.

“There's basically an infinite amount of air to dilute the virus,” Blumberg said. “Whereas indoors, there's a limited amount of air and a limited amount of air exchanges so the virus is more concentrated.”

The takeaway

There are two big points to keep in mind about how weather impacts the spread of the novel coronavirus. First, all the projections show transmission rates increase in the fall and, secondly, the summer could slow the spread of the virus – but not stop it.

https://www.kcra.com/article/3-ways-wea ... 9/32648958

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 2441
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 11:24 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby toyolink » May 23rd, 2020, 10:24 am

The global statistics clearly demonstrate that even if the numbers are down, covid19 is very present amongst us.
What is also proven is that the adjustments in our social and personal hygiene behavior can bring this threat under control.
The benefits to mankind of doing the things we should have been doing all along and we have always known what they are immeasurable.
Unfortunately, we seem to have developed a tolerance for large numbers of death and infection from covid19, and now that the numbers are below peak our guards are being relaxed.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » May 23rd, 2020, 10:44 am

nah we borders fully locked down,
yesterday stuey talk about the venes they hold this week

he thank the ttcg for the good work they have been doing to lock down the borders and capture any venes trying to get in.
once ttcg catching them it means none getting thru ent ?

toyolink wrote:The global statistics clearly demonstrate that even if the numbers are down, covid19 is very present amongst us.
What is also proven is that the adjustments in our social and personal hygiene behavior can bring this threat under control.
The benefits to mankind of doing the things we should have been doing all along and we have always known what they are immeasurable.
Unfortunately, we seem to have developed a tolerance for large numbers of death and infection from covid19, and now that the numbers are below peak our guards are being relaxed.

User avatar
De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11977
Joined: January 27th, 2004, 3:49 am
Location: Enjoying my little miracles............

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby De Dragon » May 23rd, 2020, 11:10 am

pugboy wrote:nah we borders fully locked down,
yesterday stuey talk about the venes they hold this week

he thank the ttcg for the good work they have been doing to lock down the borders and capture any venes trying to get in.
once ttcg catching them it means none getting thru ent ?

toyolink wrote:The global statistics clearly demonstrate that even if the numbers are down, covid19 is very present amongst us.
What is also proven is that the adjustments in our social and personal hygiene behavior can bring this threat under control.
The benefits to mankind of doing the things we should have been doing all along and we have always known what they are immeasurable.
Unfortunately, we seem to have developed a tolerance for large numbers of death and infection from covid19, and now that the numbers are below peak our guards are being relaxed.

All dem hadda do when TTCG brace dem is to say "PDVSA!, PDVSA!"
You reaching Diplomatic Centre one time!

Rajeevr84
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: January 28th, 2007, 2:34 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Rajeevr84 » May 23rd, 2020, 12:50 pm

A quick view of the Caribbean Region (and Venezuela).

Image

Rory Phoulorie
punchin NOS
Posts: 4972
Joined: June 28th, 2006, 6:17 pm
Location: On the Fairgreen
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Rory Phoulorie » May 23rd, 2020, 1:01 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Those fees look par for course based on what the Big 4 accounting firms charge for their services as well as what some engineering consultancy firms charge for eng tech up to senior engineers.

Those fees are not anywhere close to what local engineering firms charge for their personnel, even senior ones.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » May 23rd, 2020, 2:01 pm

those hourly legal fees also dont highlight the fact that many senior lawyers require a starting fee just to even begin a case

Do engineering firms require similar fees to start a job or simply hourly from start to finish ?

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Those fees look par for course based on what the Big 4 accounting firms charge for their services as well as what some engineering consultancy firms charge for eng tech up to senior engineers.

Those fees are not anywhere close to what local engineering firms charge for their personnel, even senior ones.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7604
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » May 23rd, 2020, 5:09 pm

adnj wrote:How weather could impact the spread of COVID-19

Updated: 2:01 AM PDT May 23, 2020

Edie Lambert   

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —

Warmer weather may have an impact on the spread of the novel coronavirus, according to a working paper from six research institutions.

With a new virus, it takes some time for scientists to understand exactly how it spreads. Many studies have looked at how weather conditions affect the transmission rate of COVID-19.


“Despite multiple studies, there is currently limited agreement on the impact of weather conditions on transmission rates of COVID-19,” according to Harvard University’s “Weather Conditions and COVID-19 Transmission” projections website.

Harvard is one of the institutions contributing to the paper. Researchers assembled data sets from across the world of COVID-19 infections and weather conditions, analyzing the impact of weather on virus transmission across 3,739 locations and creating projections.

“Our projections suggest warmer temperature, more humidity, and moderate outdoor UV exposure may offer a modest reduction in reproductive numbers; however, upcoming changes in weather alone will NOT be enough to fully contain the transmission of COVID-19,” the website says.

KCRA 3 talked with Dr. Dean Blumberg, Chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at UC Davis Children's Hospital, about how the weather could have an impact on the spread of COVID-19.

Blumberg, who is not affiliated with the study, said COVID-19 is following similar patterns of other viruses. He explained three weather factors impact virus transmission.

Heat

“The higher temperatures end up in the degradation of their (viruses) genetic material so that they become less infectious,” Blumberg said.

However, summer heat doesn’t end the spread of viruses.

“It would have to be unbearably hot for COVID-19 to be wiped out,” Blumberg explained. “It would have to be over 130 or 160 degrees — or something like that — to really get rid of it. But, the higher the temperature, the less it survives.”

Humidity

Researchers working on the study also looked at the impact high humidity played on transmission rates. They found the fastest transmission was in places with dry, cool weather with up to 62 degrees.

Blumberg said viruses don’t survive long in high humidity.

“With lower humidity, the virus survives longer,” he said. “It dries out our mucus membrane, our nasal passages and all. And we get cracking and other issues with our respiratory tract and that makes us more susceptible to infection.”

Crowding

“Probably the most important one is crowding,” Blumberg said. “In the winter, people are inside more, and since they're inside more, they're closer. We know that, for example, with COVID-19, a study from China looked at over 100 outbreaks of three or more people and all of those were related to indoor contact, none of those were related to outdoor contact."

Blumberg said when people are outside, higher temperatures break down the virus on surfaces and in the air faster — so it becomes less infectious.

“There's basically an infinite amount of air to dilute the virus,” Blumberg said. “Whereas indoors, there's a limited amount of air and a limited amount of air exchanges so the virus is more concentrated.”

The takeaway

There are two big points to keep in mind about how weather impacts the spread of the novel coronavirus. First, all the projections show transmission rates increase in the fall and, secondly, the summer could slow the spread of the virus – but not stop it.

https://www.kcra.com/article/3-ways-wea ... 9/32648958


and how does widespread use of AC affect this? If ppl have AC is their car, office, in d grocery, and at home?
should we stop and just use a lasco fan or open windows while driving?

adnj
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2166
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » May 23rd, 2020, 6:34 pm

redmanjp wrote:and how does widespread use of AC affect this? If ppl have AC is their car, office, in d grocery, and at home?
should we stop and just use a lasco fan or open windows while driving?



Maxi taxis stopped using air conditioning for this reason.

adnj wrote: Post 6822

The main route of transmission of SARS CoV infection is presumed to be respiratory droplets. However the virus is also detectable in other body fluids and excreta. The stability of the virus at different temperatures and relative humidity on smooth surfaces were studied. The dried virus on smooth surfaces retained its viability for over 5 days at temperatures of 22–25°C and relative humidity of 40–50%, that is, typical air-conditioned environments. However, virus viability was rapidly lost (>3 log10) at higher temperatures and higher relative humidity (e.g., 38°C, and relative humidity of >95%). The better stability of SARS coronavirus at low temperature and low humidity environment may facilitate its transmission in community in subtropical area (such as Hong Kong) during the spring and in air-conditioned environments. It may also explain why some Asian countries in tropical area (such as Malaysia, Indonesia or Thailand) with high temperature and high relative humidity environment did not have major community outbreaks of SARS.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/av/2011/734690/

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 10941
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » May 23rd, 2020, 7:19 pm

Too low?
I would need to access my idrive on my work laptop to get the actual figures but it looking like what I saw.
Rory Phoulorie wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Those fees look par for course based on what the Big 4 accounting firms charge for their services as well as what some engineering consultancy firms charge for eng tech up to senior engineers.

Those fees are not anywhere close to what local engineering firms charge for their personnel, even senior ones.

User avatar
paid_influencer
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 965
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » May 23rd, 2020, 8:27 pm

them is some good graphs Rajeevr84.

Seems to support that smaller countries have an easier time getting a grip on the virus. Less contacts to trace, smaller scale transit hubs and population centers, and of course easier to lockdown internally and externally.

In Wuhan, the chinese gov't tried to wall off the infection from the rest of the mainland. In NYC, a similar proposal was rejected as illegal and unconstitutional. The infected from NYC dispersed (and continue to disperse) throughout the country. The USA will have a much harder time containing the virus specifically because of the size of their population.

User avatar
cornfused
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2379
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 9:09 am
Location: utilizing FIFA rules in small goal

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby cornfused » May 23rd, 2020, 8:47 pm

The race is on as to where the next epicentre for Covid would be. Brazil , Mexico or in fact South America or India.

Dohplaydat
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 432
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » May 23rd, 2020, 9:05 pm

cornfused wrote:The race is on as to where the next epicentre for Covid would be. Brazil , Mexico or in fact South America or India.


All bro, already started in all of the above. Monitor India, they will get hit one of the hardest.

User avatar
paid_influencer
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 965
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » May 23rd, 2020, 9:12 pm

If India would have been hit, it would have been hit by now. Also: their government is not afraid of going medieval if necessary.

Mexico should have built that damn wall

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12696
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 108 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » May 23rd, 2020, 9:25 pm

Brazil is not the next epicenter, it is the current epicenter right now at their infection rates
In a couple weeks the deaths gonna start piling up, and we will see what happen by delcy soon after

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 73 guests