TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby rollingstock » November 21st, 2020, 5:17 pm

Yuh google limited? A conviction is a financial penalty. Bail is an undertaking to attend court whilst on your volition failure which a financial penalty may be imposed. If it's bail with surety 10% of the bail amount is held which is returned once the person completes their responsibility of attending court.

Advertisement
elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 5:27 pm

So essentially. Bail of 80k does not mean that 80k was paid. It could mean that 8k was paid which would be returned once the person attends court and not if the person is acquitted. Is that the jist of it?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 21st, 2020, 5:33 pm

Basically, there are different types of bail that I won't go into. There's cash surety, bond where just a signature will suffice, approval this is where some sort of security will be held. But once the defendant attends court they lose nothing from bail.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 21st, 2020, 5:45 pm

the common bail is where you hire a bailor who has land/properties which are entrusted to supply the value in this case 80k
you usually pay the bailor a percentage fee for the use of their property like 10%

which is why them gun bandits can be out on the street next day when they pay a few thousand to get out. you don’t get back the 8k you paid to the bailor, that is how those guys make money.

elec2020 wrote:So essentially. Bail of 80k does not mean that 80k was paid. It could mean that 8k was paid which would be returned once the person attends court and not if the person is acquitted. Is that the jist of it?

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 6:03 pm

ok now i get you. All the information provided was very useful. I now have a better understanding of bail and that it should not be taken at face value as their may be several underlying factors behind it. Got you. That information was very insightful.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 21st, 2020, 7:26 pm

somebody else go have to explain bail and remand to you

elec2020 wrote:ok now i get you. All the information provided was very useful. I now have a better understanding of bail and that it should not be taken at face value as their may be several underlying factors behind it. Got you. That information was very insightful.

Ryan197912
Street 2NR

Postby Ryan197912 » November 21st, 2020, 7:41 pm

:lol:

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 21st, 2020, 8:10 pm

pugboy wrote:somebody else go have to explain bail and remand to you

elec2020 wrote:ok now i get you. All the information provided was very useful. I now have a better understanding of bail and that it should not be taken at face value as their may be several underlying factors behind it. Got you. That information was very insightful.

If it comes up i will ask. Its a pity that the info u guys know is not common knowledge as at face value u deceived when u see these high value bail figures

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 22nd, 2020, 8:18 am

pugboy wrote:the common bail is where you hire a bailor who has land/properties which are entrusted to supply the value in this case 80k
you usually pay the bailor a percentage fee for the use of their property like 10%

which is why them gun bandits can be out on the street next day when they pay a few thousand to get out. you don’t get back the 8k you paid to the bailor, that is how those guys make money.

you left out an important part
If they DON'T go to court while out on bail, is the bailor to ketch, & he will be responsible for paying the full amount to the court. He can then proceed to go after the accused or their guarantor to recover his expenditure. That's why a bailor will always ask what you have as collateral, and oftentimes even if your collateral is a little less than your bail value, they will tell you to get someone to act as your guarantor so both of your combined assets are on the hook for the accused should he abscond/not go to court. They usually want to see at minimum 110% of the value of the bail amount in assets, but if they know you or feel you aren't a flight risk some will hep you out for the 10% without insisting on additional security.

It's a huge risk these fellas does take. They make good money off the system, and it does pay out REAL BIG sometimes.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2020, 4:41 pm

yup and those guys have a lil bit of thug genes in them

88sins wrote:
pugboy wrote:the common bail is where you hire a bailor who has land/properties which are entrusted to supply the value in this case 80k

you left out an important part
If they DON'T go to court while out on bail, is the bailor to ketch, & he will be responsible for paying the full amount to the court. He can then proceed to go after the accused or their guarantor to recover his expenditure. That's why a bailor will always ask what you have as collateral, and oftentimes even if your collateral is a little less than your bail value, they will tell you to get someone to act as your guarantor so both of your combined assets are on the hook for the accused should he abscond/not go to court. They usually want to see at minimum 110% of the value of the bail amount in assets, but if they know you or feel you aren't a flight risk some will hep you out for the 10% without insisting on additional security.

It's a huge risk these fellas does take. They make good money off the system, and it does pay out REAL BIG sometimes.

Rovin
punchin NOS

Postby Rovin » November 24th, 2020, 11:05 am

now if d popo had give she 1 slap like how his colleague collect last wk ppl wuda say he bad ....

unimatrix-001
Ricer

Postby unimatrix-001 » November 24th, 2020, 11:36 am

allyuh too wicked!

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 24th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Given that no one knows what led to this arrest it is unfair to say that what she is doing is wrong as, in the case of Dwain Kirby Henry, when Mr. Kirby was brought before the courts for loitering and resisting arrest, the Hon. Madam Justice C. Gobin stated that:

"In any event, even if the claimant resisted when the attempt to arrest him was made, he was entitled so to do. It was an unlawful arrest and the claimant was within his right. There was therefore no question of the defendant’s right to subdue him"

Hon. Madame Justice C. Gobin ruled that:

"I have considered the submissions on damages and award the claimant damages for assault and battery in the sum of $35,000.00. Damages for four hours unlawful detention $16,000.00 and aggravated damages in the sum of $20,000.00, a total of $71,000.00 with interest at the rate of 6% from 19th February 2010 to payment."

These cases of resisting arrest aren't so black and white.

http://webopac.ttlawcourts.org/LibraryJ ... eb2010.pdf

Rovin
punchin NOS

Postby Rovin » November 25th, 2020, 6:10 pm

ah now hearing on beyond d tape dat today is GG birthday ... he prolly dunno this thread exist but jes in case happy birthday d boss

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » November 25th, 2020, 6:16 pm

They ttps has their social media section. So I very much think he will be aware of trini tuner Ole talk forum. And thus this thread.

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 25th, 2020, 6:20 pm

^ agreed. He probably already know some of us real identities. Just like how al rawi was able to find the details of an anonymous fb user in america. I just waiting for the day when my real name drop so i can sue as, as far as i know national defense can only deploy state resources to identify individuals who are committing offences. Like slander, sedition, etc. So once u not doing those things your anonymity should be good. Even better if they realise u in a good job so u have the paper to take them all the way to privy council if needs be.

sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sMASH » November 25th, 2020, 6:27 pm

elec2020 wrote:^ agreed. He probably already know some of us real identities. Just like how al rawi was able to find the details of an anonymous fb user in america. I just waiting for the day when my real name drop so i can sue as, as far as i know national defense can only deploy state resources to identify individuals who are committing offences. Like slander, sedition, etc. So once u not doing those things your anonymity should be good. Even better if they realise u in a good job so u have the paper to take them all the way to privy council if needs be.

they only need to have suspicion to take those actions, pal. they dont need evidence. so when u sue, they will say u were suspec, and they gtg

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 25th, 2020, 6:55 pm

Suspicion is not reasonable enough to violate privacy rights to locate you. To do so u there needs to be probable cause. That is why alot of cases are stretched out in tnt. Cause when the dpp ready to prosecute they realise the ttps had no probable cause and as such they stretch out these cases to save face. How much cases we see dropped because suspicion or lack of evidence wasn't enough in the grand scheme

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 25th, 2020, 7:43 pm

elec2020 wrote:Suspicion is not reasonable enough to violate privacy rights to locate you. To do so u there needs to be probable cause. That is why alot of cases are stretched out in tnt. Cause when the dpp ready to prosecute they realise the ttps had no probable cause and as such they stretch out these cases to save face. How much cases we see dropped because suspicion or lack of evidence wasn't enough in the grand scheme

under no conditions can privacy be violated.
allyuh is some clongs ?

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 25th, 2020, 8:46 pm

Redman wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Suspicion is not reasonable enough to violate privacy rights to locate you. To do so u there needs to be probable cause. That is why alot of cases are stretched out in tnt. Cause when the dpp ready to prosecute they realise the ttps had no probable cause and as such they stretch out these cases to save face. How much cases we see dropped because suspicion or lack of evidence wasn't enough in the grand scheme

allyuh is some clongs ?

It not supoosed to but if it is and there is no probable cause for violating said privacy u would have a court case against ttps. That is what i was trying to highlight to smash. That is my opinion on my little understanding of the law. I wasn't saying that ttps have all rights to breach privacy willy nilly with no reprecussions

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 25th, 2020, 9:57 pm

elec2020 wrote:^ agreed. He probably already know some of us real identities. Just like how al rawi was able to find the details of an anonymous fb user in america. I just waiting for the day when my real name drop so i can sue as, as far as i know national defense can only deploy state resources to identify individuals who are committing offences. Like slander, sedition, etc. So once u not doing those things your anonymity should be good. Even better if they realise u in a good job so u have the paper to take them all the way to privy council if needs be.

I did and yuh not worth it. That vpn yuh using too is toots. I thought yuh living foreign?

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 25th, 2020, 11:06 pm

noted

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 26th, 2020, 6:44 am

elec2020 wrote:
Redman wrote:

allyuh is some clongs ?

It not supoosed to but if it is and there is no probable cause for violating said privacy u would have a court case against ttps. That is what i was trying to highlight to smash. That is my opinion on my little understanding of the law. I wasn't saying that ttps have all rights to breach privacy willy nilly with no reprecussions

I was being sarcastic...I don’t think you guys are clongs or clowns.

Privacy isn’t absolute...and our rights to it are imho conditional as to what we doing, as you imply.

The people that bawling about whether ttps supposed to jump in the Valsayn wedding...are the ones who were bawling when the AG made the privacy statement.

Here we are today expecting that ‘absolute’ right to be broken.

elec2020
Riding on 16's

Postby elec2020 » November 26th, 2020, 7:45 am

Ahh i get you. Well now that aspect of privacy is under review according to deyalsingh. Which imo is fair enough as some people overdoing it. And things like private events were going to get worse during christmas.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”