TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 11:50 am

That was my concern .if there is a next time then royal purple for it.lol

Advertisement
maxtech
Ricer
Posts: 18
Joined: September 25th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby maxtech » November 14th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Any vehicle sold world wide has the recommended service interval list in the vehicle manual.
In 2010 I purchased a vehicle from lifestyle motors and for seven years they service that vehicle at 7500km. No problems
One sunny day I went in for a service and the mechanic now telling me that the service interval change cause they realize the oil which they are using not lasting the full 7500km. I'm like WTF.
Being the the techy car enthusias computer head person that I am, I purchased the full kit, from jackstand to diagnostic tool and everything in between.
I know service 3 cars including Nissan and Toyota and growing and I use mobile 1 full synthetic in all of them. Plus I could make some cash on the side.
It's my opinion that these guys at the stealership are less than honest eh

bluefete
punchin NOS
Posts: 4928
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby bluefete » November 14th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Oil change! One thing I am not seeing is the right km at which to change the oil>

I remember my mechanic saying some time ago that it is better to change your oil more frequently if you drive in mainly stop and go traffic. This is because the viscosity of the oil breaks down faster due to the higher temperatures in the engine. He recommended a change at around 3,000km.

If you do highway driving, he recommend changing at 5,000 km.

Any advice on this?

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Just asking does this mechanic do any oil testing to come up with that recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G532M using TriniTuner mobile app

maxtech
Ricer
Posts: 18
Joined: September 25th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby maxtech » November 14th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Viscosity directly related to temperature. The higher temps the oil gets thinner and the colder it is the thicker the oil is or it's harder to flow.
One every vehicles manual there is an oil chart which recommends which grade of oil to use base on ambient temperature.
If you for what ever reason use conventional oil which I don't recommend in tropical weather ( 23 degrees to 35 degrees) you might as well change it every 3000km.

gabrielgoes
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: November 14th, 2017, 2:21 pm

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby gabrielgoes » November 14th, 2017, 2:33 pm

sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.



Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.

kamakazi
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1514
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby kamakazi » November 14th, 2017, 2:35 pm

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum here. Does no one think that longer service intervals are what manufacturers tell you to get you to buy there product.
Remember that they just have to make it last to the warranty period... Past that and you are on your own.
With this in mind I change my oil every 6000kms.. Synthetic might go to 7000kms.
If you don't plan to keep your vehicle very long... By all means run longer intervals... But I plan to keep my oil burner for a while so I will stick with my shorter intervals

maxtech
Ricer
Posts: 18
Joined: September 25th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby maxtech » November 14th, 2017, 2:44 pm

Why they pushing this CNG thing again??? Correct me if I'm wrong but America, Uk, Europe and Japan are all about electric or hybrid (gas and electric) vehicles.
So could some one shed some light on this CNG thing.....

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 3:01 pm

kamakazi wrote:I am on the opposite end of the spectrum here. Does no one think that longer service intervals are what manufacturers tell you to get you to buy there product.
Remember that they just have to make it last to the warranty period... Past that and you are on your own.
With this in mind I change my oil every 6000kms.. Synthetic might go to 7000kms.
If you don't plan to keep your vehicle very long... By all means run longer intervals... But I plan to keep my oil burner for a while so I will stick with my shorter intervals

I disagree totally I think manufacturers over maintain to ensure that they do not have to worry about fixing cars during the warranty period. When they do this customers pay extra money to maintain

When cars have to fix in warranty the manufacturers pay

D
So it is just good business sense to over maintain

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Also I see in other countries they use longer intervals for maintenance as a selling point so that total cost of ownership is lower.

Also however I can see in a smaller market you might want to have shorter warranties due to economies of scale

User avatar
snypaz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » November 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm

gabrielgoes wrote:
sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.



Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.


Welcome. I hope you get it on that date. Cause my date was pushed back cause of licensing. Enjoy it in good health.

User avatar
car
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 485
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Location: Freeport

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby car » November 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm

randolphinshan wrote:
PariaMan wrote:My experienced with Toyota and hilux was that they agreed that if I bought in full synthetic oil they will allow 10000km maintenance up from 5000km


That's great. But how are you SURE they not stealing your expensive oil and using the regular bulk oil they use instead. Just imagine the amount of engine wear that could occur if you run the mineral oil to the full 10,000 km, thinking that you have synthetic oil in there.

Exactly. Your engine life will shorten but it will still make it past the warranty period and then is you to deal with it. Same goes for other fluids and wear items like brake pads.
Went to replace a new spare tyre that had a hole by Toyota. After they put on a new tyre on the rim, I asked if it was balanced. They said yes. I said no because the weights was in the same position. They balance it again and lo and behold. More weights and in a different position.
At 15k service was to oil/grease the hood latch. It still dry.
I used to mark all my filters and put stickers on the oil drain plug and other caps that they had to break the stickers free to service. Even looking for finger prints on certain items to see what they touched.
One time they said they rotate tires. They never did.

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 3:27 pm

For me I wanted a longer time frame to service even if I have to do certain service things in between for myself
This will be more cost effective while maintaining my warranty

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 3:31 pm

So all greasing of latches changing air filters and fuel filters and brake disk i will do and then when they check the will not have to do this saving me money.
This most of the time is just oil change they will have to do

Therefore i did not find maintenance dealer cost to be bad for my hilux

User avatar
snypaz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » November 14th, 2017, 3:42 pm

I'm expecting my first service to cost around $1140. All my fluids are still at Max at 2500km. I'm guessing the oil change, alignment etc would be done and stuff checked. Not even sure when that's gonna happen cause the mileage is creeping.

User avatar
car
Trinituner Peong
Posts: 485
Joined: October 13th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Location: Freeport

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby car » November 14th, 2017, 3:46 pm

PariaMan wrote:So all greasing of latches changing air filters and fuel filters and brake disk i will do and then when they check the will not have to do this saving me money.
This most of the time is just oil change they will have to do

Therefore i did not find maintenance dealer cost to be bad for my hilux

I asked about doing these small service on my own and they said they can only warranty if they do it as they can’t confirm if the job was down properly. So they basically forcing you to take their service if you want warranty.

If you change the brake pads on your own and you get in accident and you suspect the brake system was at fault they will not honor the warranty.

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 3:49 pm

What I did was did not tell them I was doing it but just did it. When they were doing there checks the would see a very clean aur filter and fuel filter and say it does not need to change . The brake pads will be right up as well and they will say that also does not have to change

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 3:50 pm

I would buy original brakes so they will not know the difference. Trust me it worked
There is no way they can tell the differennce

gabrielgoes
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: November 14th, 2017, 2:21 pm

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby gabrielgoes » November 14th, 2017, 4:01 pm

snypaz wrote:
gabrielgoes wrote:
sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.



Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.


Welcome. I hope you get it on that date. Cause my date was pushed back cause of licensing. Enjoy it in good health.



When handover was scheduled? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: They told me last week registration and all paperwork take 10 business days

User avatar
snypaz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » November 14th, 2017, 4:11 pm

gabrielgoes wrote:
snypaz wrote:
gabrielgoes wrote:
sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.



Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.


Welcome. I hope you get it on that date. Cause my date was pushed back cause of licensing. Enjoy it in good health.



When handover was scheduled? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: They told me last week registration and all paperwork take 10 business days


It's a new series I believe you should get it on time. Just don't get your hopes up. I had to reschedule my tint appt TWICE (two weekends) because the car got stuck waiting for a license plate.

gabrielgoes
Riding on 13's
Posts: 5
Joined: November 14th, 2017, 2:21 pm

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby gabrielgoes » November 14th, 2017, 4:16 pm

snypaz wrote:
gabrielgoes wrote:
snypaz wrote:
gabrielgoes wrote:
sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.



Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.


Welcome. I hope you get it on that date. Cause my date was pushed back cause of licensing. Enjoy it in good health.



When handover was scheduled? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: They told me last week registration and all paperwork take 10 business days


It's a new series I believe you should get it on time. Just don't get your hopes up. I had to reschedule my tint appt TWICE (two weekends) because the car got stuck waiting for a license plate.


Understood. Where are you tinting? Cost?

User avatar
snypaz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » November 14th, 2017, 4:26 pm

I got my car in September. I'm a "new" owner. I went to Sign Boss in Couva cause I wanted more done to the car than just tint.. Ultimate Car Care in St Augustine is good too. Usually tint cost is around $400. But Sign Boss has specials ever so often that drop the price to $250.

User avatar
Kronik
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1798
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby Kronik » November 14th, 2017, 4:31 pm

snypaz wrote:I got my car in September. I'm a "new" owner. I went to Sign Boss in Couva cause I wanted more done to the car than just tint.. Ultimate Car Care in St Augustine is good too. Usually tint cost is around $400. But Sign Boss has specials ever so often that drop the price to $250.

What about tint nation, located in St Mary's, closer to the garbage truck man house

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 18296
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 14th, 2017, 5:06 pm

snypaz wrote:I went to Sign Boss in Couva cause I wanted more done to the car than just tint..

more? What else do they offer?

User avatar
snypaz
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 789
Joined: March 22nd, 2007, 7:37 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby snypaz » November 14th, 2017, 5:26 pm

They do license plates, custom graphics, wraps, They also stock LED lights And other small automotive stuff. I had a good experience with them. Best to make an appointment though. It gets really busy on weekends.

User avatar
Ibis Electronics
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 116
Joined: May 21st, 2010, 5:19 pm
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby Ibis Electronics » November 14th, 2017, 9:20 pm

gabrielgoes wrote:
sMASH wrote:But usually cng takes 14 to fill. So multiply that by 8.5 and u get $119, which is how much cng to get 850 KM.
And I usually am Frugal with the gasoline, so a full tank is like 8000 KM to refill and it takes like $150.
So that is like $15 per 800 KM.

So 119 in cng and 15 in gasoline per 850 KM. 134 per 800 KM in cng/gasoline bifuel.

But that is at present cng price. They may double it some time, not now but in a timing.



Hi everyone!

I am a new Ioniq buyer. My last car was a 2016 Honda City CNG, good car but...well where do I have to start? lot of buts...Affordable? Yes. I can second this statement as true! POS-SFDO-POS with 14 TTD, no better! My new Ioniq will be on hands next Friday, so hopefully, I will be able to speak more properly about gasoline consumption.

City CNG is a middle size car with a trunk of a Nissan Match, more or less. And it costed 204k with cheap plastics and bore features.

The Ioniq is for sure very very far away better in terms of luxury and features.



Wasn't the city 156k at launch? When did it get to 204k??? :/

kamakazi
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1514
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby kamakazi » November 14th, 2017, 9:32 pm

PariaMan wrote:Also I see in other countries they use longer intervals for maintenance as a selling point so that total cost of ownership is lower.

Also however I can see in a smaller market you might want to have shorter warranties due to economies of scale

In one post you disagree and then in this post you said the same thing I said... Please realize there is a difference between dealer and manufacturer.... Manufacturers have the owners manual printed...dealers recommend whatever suits their pocket best... They are not always one and the same.

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 9:42 pm

My point is I think recommendations are for worst case scenario. Manufacturers who I assume honors the warranty will absolutely not want any failures.

They are more likely to tell the customer to pay out of his own pocket to over maintain to ensure that they will not have to fix cars while on warranty

User avatar
PariaMan
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1325
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 10:38 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby PariaMan » November 14th, 2017, 9:47 pm

With a pinch of salt. The rep I spoke to said it was Hyundai the manufacturers who insisted on the 5000km service interval because of local.conditions

kamakazi
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1514
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 10:32 am

Re: Hyundai Ioniq in Trinidad...

Postby kamakazi » November 14th, 2017, 9:57 pm

PariaMan wrote:My point is I think recommendations are for worst case scenario. Manufacturers who I assume honors the warranty will absolutely not want any failures.

They are more likely to tell the customer to pay out of his own pocket to over maintain to ensure that they will not have to fix cars while on warranty

Locally we have dealers... Not manufacturers

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: $h0Ck@, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], shaneelal and 34 guests