Street 2NR

Re: TriniTuner Blood Bank & Organ Donor Register

Postby spranga » November 28th, 2014, 6:39 am

thanks...will be donating today

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 4th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Hey, wanted to clarify something with mt hope.
My uncle have to get an operation there. But my family tell me that the Caribbean heart care wants their blood donated at the mt hope facility. Why is that?

I made the trek all the way up north, through vile traffic on the highway. They took my pressure which was 148/9?.
They said it was too high to take a five and they would check me back.
I rested to the point of nearly nodding off. My pressure went down to 140/9?
They said it was too high still.

I cannot believe that because I had done he company medical just three weeks ago and my pressure was 120/8?

I went back to their place to use their home kit which gave me 117/8?
Hat is more like what I was feeling.

I went last week to sanfernando to give blood and my pressure was 130 /8? and hst is just after hustling home cause I forgot my id card.

They took my blood and said that mt hope could have taken my blood with the 140/9?

What's up with that ?

Also when I told he nurse that it was for Caribbean hear care she stopped writing because she said that they do not take blood from any other place.

I started my own account at that time.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 4th, 2014, 4:19 pm

Hey, wanted to clarify something with mt hope.
My uncle have to get an operation there. But my family tell me that the Caribbean heart care wants their blood donated at the mt hope facility. Why is that?

I made the trek all the way up north, through vile traffic on the highway. They took my pressure which was 148/9?.
They said it was too high to take a five and they would check me back.
I rested to the point of nearly nodding off. My pressure went down to 140/9?
They said it was too high still.

I cannot believe that because I had done he company medical just three weeks ago and my pressure was 120/8?

I went back to their place to use their home kit which gave me 117/8?
Hat is more like what I was feeling.

I went last week to sanfernando to give blood and my pressure was 130 /8? and hst is just after hustling home cause I forgot my id card.

They took my blood and said that mt hope could have taken my blood with the 140/9?

What's up with that ?

Also when I told he nurse that it was for Caribbean hear care she stopped writing because she said that they do not take blood from any other place.

I started my own account at that time.

kevin5211
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevin5211 » December 5th, 2014, 11:39 pm

Donate at sando, write a letter saying u give permission for the use of your unit of blood to be used at mt hope for the named persons surgery. Or if u have units inside go with your id n tell dem u want to withdraw for said person surgery at mt hope. Both ways worked for us this week as only two of the 5 was donated at mount hope. My father in law had a tripple bypass done on tuesday n hes almost recovered. I donated at mt hope, withdrew one from sando i had for 2 yrs and the wife donated at sando cuz of same blood pressure issue at mt hope. Hope u get thru, good luck.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 6th, 2014, 2:43 am

Spoke to the doctor yesterday, and the blood bank. That is what must be done. The misinterpretation I had is that u can't withdraw from another facility and carry the chit to mt hope. The WITHDRAWAL must be done at mt hope

You can donate to your own account anywhere.

Thanks.

kevin5211
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kevin5211 » December 6th, 2014, 6:39 am

Yes you can withdraw from your account to sent to mt hope. Heres wat we did, 2 pts were withdrawn at mt hope , 2 at san fernando and then the donors gave consent letters for the blood to be used at mt hope for the patient, and 1 was withdrawn from my account in san fernando and the chit was accepted the morning of surgery. No need to stress over the location, just make sure u have copies of the doners id along with letters, sometimes the blood is not even used. Only 2 pints was used on my father in law and that was the day after surgery.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » December 13th, 2014, 6:14 am

Blood bank in POS open on weekends?

sharkmouth
Trinituner Peong

Postby sharkmouth » January 4th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Hey if you get in some unfortunate accident when doing motor racing i am not giving you one ml of blood,die doing what you love

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 23rd, 2015, 2:01 pm

So what if is legal drag race such as those in Camden now?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » January 23rd, 2015, 2:06 pm

you takin he on?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 23rd, 2015, 2:52 pm

Nah...just want to know what kinda outtatiming sh!t he talking

rjaggs
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rjaggs » February 18th, 2015, 4:03 pm

This kinda last minute but I only just realised that the request was not made here (but in the ole talk forum)...

My dad needs 4 pints of O+ blood by 10:00am tomorrow (received 2 so far), donors with this blood type can go to Victoria Lab in Archibald Street, Vistabella before 10:00am tomorrow. The recipient's name is Roland Jaggernath. Please PM me for further info; thank you in advance.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » February 18th, 2015, 4:28 pm

I have some general questions.

1-Can I donate blood at a private hospital like Victoria or does it have to only be public?

2-Say i donate blood at victoria and something happens to me and they rush me to a public hospital and i need blood.Can I withdraw from my account or is it only valid for victoria/private hospitals?

I want to start giving but been hearing alot of stories of rough treatment and nurses injecting you in the wrong places.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » February 18th, 2015, 6:48 pm

rjaggs wrote:This kinda last minute but I only just realised that the request was not made here (but in the ole talk forum)...

My dad needs 4 pints of O+ blood by 10:00am tomorrow (received 2 so far), donors with this blood type can go to Victoria Lab in Archibald Street, Vistabella before 10:00am tomorrow. The recipient's name is Roland Jaggernath. Please PM me for further info; thank you in advance.

Im just getting over dengue..as in 2 weeks ago-if they will take it let me know-Im in Sando

Send my regards

rjaggs
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rjaggs » February 19th, 2015, 5:25 am

They refused me because of the cold, I doubt they will take yours, thanks again though!

Donors are kindly asked to go to the San Fernando blood bank and not Victoria lab as previously stated. We need one more pint

nismaniac
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby nismaniac » August 17th, 2016, 11:10 am

I need to get 5 pints . I went up to Mt Hope with 3 ppl and we were all turned back from issues of high blood pressure to low blood count. My pressure wasnt so bad so I will go again on Friday. If anyone can assist the blood must be given at Mt Hope for Girlie Manmohan c/o Caribbean Heart Care. Please pm or post here if you can donate. Thanks in advance. I was among the first 15 ppl at Mt Hope and we were all turned away.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”