2NR phototakerouter

Re: Mountain Biking

Postby tr1ad » November 7th, 2015, 12:57 am

Ok...

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » November 7th, 2015, 2:20 pm

i have some mtb parts to sell after my recent upgrades the parts are low mileage and in perfect working order,

1. shimano deore rear derailure with 10 speed cassete and alivio shifter
2. tektro hydraulic disk brakes with 140mm 6 bolt rotors
3. alivio front derailure and shifter
4. rst gila pro 100mm forks

make an offer not looking for much

nutty4u2c
Street 2NR

Postby nutty4u2c » November 16th, 2015, 7:23 am

dredman1 wrote:Anyone here use these sort of wall mounting solutions for your bikes?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FGTTEW/re ... bwbQ6W914E

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009I8ANM/re ... bwb9D484QH

If so, do they fit mountain bike tyres properly? Some reviews say yes, some say no.

The second one is best for Mtn bikes. I have one of those.

Mini
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mini » November 16th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Someone was asking about wall mounting solutions. This is what I use

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1447709557.121091.jpg

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1447709578.924245.jpg

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Details » February 27th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Good evening fellas looking for a good trail bike to buy I'm about 6ft and about 175lbs beginner at trail riding but looking to get very serious in it (hobby wise ) any advice is welcome as well thanks much in advance

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Details » February 27th, 2016, 9:41 pm

nick639 wrote:
Details wrote:Good evening fellas looking for a good trail bike to buy I'm about 6ft and about 175lbs beginner at trail riding but looking to get very serious in it (hobby wise ) any advice is welcome as well thanks much in advance

Mike's bikes in woodbrook is a good place to start. Went last week to get new shoes and they had some mint used bikes fs

Thanks mate

R. Hertz33
Chronic 2NR

Postby R. Hertz33 » February 27th, 2016, 10:05 pm

A good entry level fuji Nevada will run u about 3.5k, but try to get last year's model as it would be a higher spec for same price, if u plan on spending more than 3.5k then the next step is about 6k anything in between isn't really worth it, cuz for 6k you'll get hydraulic disc and lockout shocks with a lighter frame.

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Details » February 27th, 2016, 10:12 pm

R. Hertz33 wrote:A good entry level fuji Nevada will run u about 3.5k, but try to get last year's model as it would be a higher spec for same price, if u plan on spending more than 3.5k then the next step is about 6k anything in between isn't really worth it, cuz for 6k you'll get hydraulic disc and lockout shocks with a lighter frame.

So where is the best place to look for the bikes you mentioned at those price range

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » March 2nd, 2016, 9:46 am

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1456926361.843248.jpg

This confuses me. You driving a space ship and still have to buy a rack???

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 2nd, 2016, 10:51 am

hahahahahahahaha that probably just one more accessory to add to the showoff package

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » March 2nd, 2016, 5:51 pm

Saw a ranger with that the other day the whole reason I bought my navara was because I can put my bike in the tray. Then again the spaceships have the retarded cover on so you can't carry anything anyway

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 22nd, 2016, 9:11 pm

Any bike specific grease or anti-seize to use when assembling / maintaining bike...?...where to get locally?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 22nd, 2016, 9:45 pm

make sure bike rack dont block your number plate
more than a few persons have gotten $1000 tickets for number plate not visibile
due to bike rack, bike,straps etc blocking

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » March 23rd, 2016, 7:29 am

I recently bought a spray lube for bike chains.
For bearings I used to use any type of regular heavy grease.
Check any bike shop and you should be set.

Chipz
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Chipz » March 23rd, 2016, 2:34 pm

16 cycles wrote:Any bike specific grease or anti-seize to use when assembling / maintaining bike...?...where to get locally?

http://www.whitelightningco.com/product ... s/wet-ride

Wet Ride does work rell bess. The can spray as well does work good.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » March 25th, 2016, 6:06 pm

How the trail down Maqueripe looking these days? And are there any alternatives for that type of riding in south or central?

skunk7
Riding on 13's

Postby skunk7 » March 25th, 2016, 7:24 pm

In for the info

Dragular
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Dragular » March 27th, 2016, 11:18 am

Have a question guys- anyone ever import bike tires online through a skybox??

just want to know because i know you need a licence for car tires and i dont know what customs might say for bike tires.

VK-Sportsman
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby VK-Sportsman » March 27th, 2016, 12:13 pm

@Dragular, not a problem ordering bicycle tires online. I ordered Continental RaceKings in January and they listed it as "bicycle tires" and no duty charged.
Wire bead tires would come in a bigger box than folding bead tires though. :!:

Dragular
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Dragular » March 28th, 2016, 7:45 am

^^ cool, thanks for the info!

Amit
Sweet on this forum

Postby Amit » March 28th, 2016, 12:39 pm

you all ever check out larry bike shop in monroe rd chaguanas

there are a few trails in centeral at present, you dont have to drive to chag
sandy hill,
gran couva
also the gran couva mtb track ( only a month old)

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » March 28th, 2016, 3:17 pm

Where is the gran Couva mtb track can u post a map or something?

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » April 6th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Details wrote:Good evening fellas looking for a good trail bike to buy I'm about 6ft and about 175lbs beginner at trail riding but looking to get very serious in it (hobby wise ) any advice is welcome as well thanks much in advance

Details....I lookin to get into mountain biking serious too...but jus like u I on a budget....same height as u and around same weight...I checked out the local dealers for trek (geronimos), specialized and giant (mike's bikes), and Fuji (bike inn) and they all have decent bikes for around $4k - $4.5k

I settled on the trek marlin 5 mainly cuz mike bike's doesn't have anything good from specialized at that price and they have very limited Giant branded bikes....d guy there kinda turn me off when I told him my budget and he tried convincing me to buy a specialized stuntjumper for $13,000...got upset and walked off....

bike inn has some nice mountain Fuji's but the trek marlin 5 for the price has a lot more features than the Fuji @ same price range and also geranimos offer lifetime warranty on trek frames PLUS in d event that u wanna eventually upgrade ur trek they do trade ins where u bring ur old trek and they give u in store credit towards ur upgrade...or downgrade for those who want to....also u get the 1 year after sale warranty on tune ups and repairs etc....not sure if Mike's does the same but I wasn't told by their sales clerk that they offer those services...

specialized and treks are d 2 main brands I focused on....preferred trek's support and the quality of their frames more tho....also the marlin 5 is a very good frame that is worthy of some sweet high end upgrades.

the marlin 5's main cons are the pedals, grips, and the fork...however u can get a nashbar verge pedal on amazon to replace the stock ones for like $40 US which is a rel bess pedal....and u can always buy replacement grips from ODI or raceface for like $20 on amazon....I personally ordered the raceface strafes to replace the stock grips...u can check them out...

also no matter what bike u get make sure and get somn to protect the chain stay....u can use an old tube and wrap it around with zip ties on d ends...or if u wanna buy somn amazon has a brand name lizard skin has some really affordable ones for like $7

hope all this helped
Last edited by casper on April 6th, 2016, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: Mountain Biking

Postby Details » April 6th, 2016, 1:21 pm

casper wrote:

Details....I lookin to get into mountain biking serious too...but jus like u I on a budget....same height as u and around same weight...I checked out the local dealers for trek (geronimos), specialized and giant (mike's bikes), and Fuji (bike inn) and they all have decent bikes for around $4k - $4.5k

I settled on the trek marlin 5 mainly cuz mike bike's doesn't have anything good from specialized at that price and they have very limited Giant branded bikes....d guy there kinda turn me off when I told him my budget and he tried convincing me to buy a specialized stuntjumper for $13,000...got upset and walked off....

bike inn has some nice mountain Fuji's but the trek marlin 5 for the price has a lot more features than the Fuji @ same price range and also geranimos offer lifetime warranty on trek frames PLUS in d even that u wanna eventually upgrade ur trek they do trade ins where u bring ur old trek and they give u in store credit towards ur upgrade...or downgrade for those who want to....also u get the 1 year after sale warranty on tune ups and repairs etc....not sure if Mike's does the same but I wasn't told by their sales clerk that they offer those services...

specialized and treks are d 2 main brands I focused on....preferred trek's support and the quality of their frames more tho....also the marlin 5 is a very good frame that is worthy of some sweet high end upgrades.

the marlin 5's main cons are the pedals, grips, and the fork...however u can get a nashbar verge pedal on amazon to replace the stock ones for like $40 US which is a rel bess pedal....and u can always buy replacement grips from ODI or raceface for like $20 on amazon....I personally ordered the raceface strafes to replace the stock grips...u can check them out...

also no matter what bike u get make sure and get somn to protect the chain stay....u can use an old tube and wrap it around with zip ties on d ends...or if u wanna buy somn amazon has a brand name lizard skin has some really affordable ones for like $7

hope all this helped

Wow thanks alot

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » April 6th, 2016, 1:41 pm

^^^and also from what I read on tons of reviews bout the 2 brands (specialized and trek) trek seems to have better hardtails...if u can afford full suspension then look at some of the specialized bikes tho...

Details
3NE 2NR for life

Re: RE: Re: Mountain Biking

Postby Details » April 6th, 2016, 5:12 pm

casper wrote:^^^and also from what I read on tons of reviews bout the 2 brands (specialized and trek) trek seems to have better hardtails...if u can afford full suspension then look at some of the specialized bikes tho...

There is a group on fb called trini sport stuff forsale there are alot of enthusiasts there and alot of deals from ppl who supply brands like giant, felt, and trek you can check them out... I'm expecting a new addition to the family so my search is on hold at the moment... but I'm still looking out for any good deals

Amit
Sweet on this forum

Postby Amit » April 6th, 2016, 6:07 pm

the gran couva track is 5 min east of couva fly over, just as you pass the entrance to the children hospital
please contact larry 678-7080 at cannondale shop for proper directions. At present there are no fees to use the track,

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 6th, 2016, 6:36 pm

casper wrote:^^^and also from what I read on tons of reviews bout the 2 brands (specialized and trek) trek seems to have better hardtails...if u can afford full suspension then look at some of the specialized bikes tho...

Gear is cheap at blue sky cyc..especially in the clearance section..
https://www.blueskycycling.com/cat-new-deals.htm
Ive brought down
Helmets
Gloves,
lights,
brake pads.
And the shipping is fast and cost effective.

Also I would thoroughly endorse Geronimos...my Trek was bought there...and the after sales service was excellent.
And Gene Samuel is approachable and really willing to help regardless of your budget.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”