neexis
Riding on 18's

Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby neexis » September 25th, 2016, 10:38 am

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » September 26th, 2016, 9:20 pm

hey guys, need to ask a que: my iPhone 6 plus microphone isn't picking up when i speak, it works fine on speaker phone, however for normal calls voice notes etc, i have to literally hold the mic speaker directly to my mouth for it to pic up, is there an effective way to clean if that's the case?

if i tap the mic . blow into it, or speak directly into it the person on the other end hears it, if i hold it normally, they hear nothing

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 26th, 2016, 10:51 pm

konartis wrote:hey guys, need to ask a que: my iPhone 6 plus microphone isn't picking up when i speak, it works fine on speaker phone, however for normal calls voice notes etc, i have to literally hold the mic speaker directly to my mouth for it to pic up, is there an effective way to clean if that's the case?

if i tap the mic . blow into it, or speak directly into it the person on the other end hears it, if i hold it normally, they hear nothing
you ever did any repairs to the phone?

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby 2WNBoost » September 27th, 2016, 6:42 am

For all the iPhone 7 users who can't live without the headphone jack.
You can try this :drama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Last edited by 2WNBoost on September 27th, 2016, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark!
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Mark! » September 27th, 2016, 8:00 am

only kunnomunnoes is charge they phone and listen to headphones at the same time

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Re: RE: Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby konartis » September 27th, 2016, 9:58 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
konartis wrote:hey guys, need to ask a que: my iPhone 6 plus microphone isn't picking up when i speak, it works fine on speaker phone, however for normal calls voice notes etc, i have to literally hold the mic speaker directly to my mouth for it to pic up, is there an effective way to clean if that's the case?

Changed the screen recently

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: RE: Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 27th, 2016, 10:57 am

konartis wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

Changed the screen recently
that could be it. Take it back to the place where they changed the screen. It could be they did not seat the mic back properly.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » September 30th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Anybody tried this?
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/29/the ... le-tv-app/

The CW's New Apple TV App Doesn't Require a Cable Subscription to Watch

As promised last week, The CW network today released a new Apple TV app that allows all fourth-generation Apple TV owners to watch new episodes of shows on the network for free with no cable authentication or login required.

All of the shows on The CW, including Supergirl, The Flash, Jane The Virgin, Arrow, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, iZombie, Supernatural, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, The 100 Vampire Diaries, Reign, and The Originals are available to watch, with ads. Users simply need to download the app and click play on a show to watch, with no other hoops to jump through.

the-cw-apple-tv The CW's iOS and Apple TV apps focus on only the newest episodes, with no archived content available from past seasons. Only five episodes from the most recent season are available to watch, but it's all free and should be welcome news to cord cutters who are hoping other television networks might adopt similar policies.

On iOS devices, an update to the CW app introduces support for both AirPlay and Chromecast, allowing content from the iOS app to be streamed to a television set as an alternative to using the Apple TV app or as a way to watch The CW's content on television sets without owning a fourth-generation Apple TV.

The CW can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 30th, 2016, 5:30 pm

PapaC wrote:Anybody tried this?

As promised last week, The CW network today released a new Apple TV app that allows all fourth-generation Apple TV owners to watch new episodes of shows on the network for free with no cable authentication or login required.

All of the shows on The CW, including Supergirl, The Flash, Jane The Virgin, Arrow, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, iZombie, Supernatural, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, The 100 Vampire Diaries, Reign, and The Originals are available to watch, with ads. Users simply need to download the app and click play on a show to watch, with no other hoops to jump through.

the-cw-apple-tv The CW's iOS and Apple TV apps focus on only the newest episodes, with no archived content available from past seasons. Only five episodes from the most recent season are available to watch, but it's all free and should be welcome news to cord cutters who are hoping other television networks might adopt similar policies.

On iOS devices, an update to the CW app introduces support for both AirPlay and Chromecast, allowing content from the iOS app to be streamed to a television set as an alternative to using the Apple TV app or as a way to watch The CW's content on television sets without owning a fourth-generation Apple TV.

just tried it and it works!

I have smartdnsproxy and it did ask for me to turn on location services on the AppleTV before it opened the app. But it's working and the video quality is tops. Pity i don't get time to watch any of those shows :(

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » October 7th, 2016, 2:00 pm

Any recommendations of where to change the lightening port on a 6? Also what price you paid.

ryan99tt
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ryan99tt » October 8th, 2016, 12:48 am

Ramps Tech
465-5759

air wick
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby air wick » October 8th, 2016, 11:49 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I have smartdnsproxy and it did ask for me to turn on location services on the AppleTV before it opened the app. But it's working and the video quality is tops. Pity i don't get time to watch any of those shows :(

How do you install apps on the Apple TV? Need information on how to add the CW app.

air wick
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby air wick » October 8th, 2016, 1:25 pm

nick639 wrote:
air wick wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

How do you install apps on the Apple TV? Need information on how to add the CW app.

Using the App Store maybeeee?? Come na man

It's not that simple on the Apple TV, there is not App Store like the iPhone and iPad that's why I ask. Apps are region specific and loaded automatically. I'm using smartdnsproxy set to US but not seeing CW

air wick
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby air wick » October 8th, 2016, 6:21 pm

nick639 wrote:Well smartdns and AppStore on the apple tv 4 found it in a jiffy...

Cool I need an upgrade then..

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » October 9th, 2016, 11:32 pm

so i bought a 6s as my daily driver... Can someone with a 6s confirm what's their battery capacity at a year in? I bought it used off ebay and this app:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battery ... 30585?mt=8
is telling me I'm at 18% degradation. which means I only have 1400mAh available... which mean my battery life is not the greatest. Coming from a sony z3, I used to get at least a day... I now get half a day :lol: iHoes.. aware me of this new trend of charging more often.

And no i cannot check the charge cycle counter... thanks to iOS 10...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 9th, 2016, 11:42 pm

Similar here

I've had this phone since late October 2015

I dunno how accurate that app is tho

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 12th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Customer bought this last week for $7000. ImageImage

Nephew broke it a few days after

gurmuk
3NE 2NR for life

Postby gurmuk » October 12th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Sucks to be him

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 12th, 2016, 2:35 pm

Glass screen protectors haven't been released for them or something?

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » October 12th, 2016, 3:27 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Customer bought this last week for $7000. ImageImage

Nephew broke it a few days after

lol that sucks
Just part of life to have something break at some point : P
Last year a friend bought a new galaxy for me for my birthday, and I got myself a new Carbon fiber road bicycle....
A few days later I crashed and broke both the frame on the bike and the phone lol

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » October 12th, 2016, 3:31 pm

Visa will refund me for the purchase or repair though.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » October 12th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Thanks guise. I ordered a new battery still. I think I just have to keep a cable in the car now.

One of the draining issues was the raise to wake function as I think it's waking the device in my pocket. The other well... it's whatsapp :lol:

EDIT: Holy crap... that app that we used is no longer available in the appstore.... :shock:

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » October 15th, 2016, 11:05 pm

just an update. i changed the battery.
that seems to have fixed my woes.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » October 16th, 2016, 7:52 am

Have anyone locally gotten their keychain to work? Works fine on my laptop but I can never get it to work on my phone. They keep saying that my number isn't a valid number. I even removed my vpn which I use for Netflix and tried again with the same result.

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » October 16th, 2016, 8:03 am

Wtf. I say u get kidnap on the beetham.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 16th, 2016, 8:40 am

Stephon. wrote:Have anyone locally gotten their keychain to work? Works fine on my laptop but I can never get it to work on my phone. They keep saying that my number isn't a valid number. I even removed my vpn which I use for Netflix and tried again with the same result.

Horse you still alive ? Pioneer gonna return soon.

Anyone ever replaced a battery on a 2011 Mac book Pro ?

kracky1
Street 2NR

Postby kracky1 » October 18th, 2016, 10:39 am

How much can I get for a 42 mm Apple Watch, rose gold,8gb, used, without charger?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » October 18th, 2016, 11:05 am

Without charger you say?

2-5years?

baigan
Riding on 16's

Postby baigan » October 18th, 2016, 12:11 pm

kracky1 wrote:How much can I get for a 42 mm Apple Watch, rose gold,8gb, used, without charger?

Bout tree fiddy

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”