Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 7th, 2019, 5:17 pm

l33t2 wrote:Ok seriously where can I buy an iPhone XR in Trinidad? Everywhere seems to be out of stock.

Or even online?

Direct Point has 222-1744

Xecutive
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Xecutive » January 10th, 2019, 9:44 pm

tr1ad wrote:
M_2NR wrote:Just throwing it out there. Don’t waste your time buying used iPhone 6s’. The free battery replacement program may be ending soon and even after this replacement, your battery will still go bad.

anything pre iphone 8 will be pressure

currently have an SE in constant bootloop - i would tend to believe it's the battery that degraded and causing this now

Had a similar problem with an iPhone 5 that was stuck on the apple logo, then screen will blank off then reboot and repeat.

While having the phone connected to a pc or mac with iTunes running, hold the power and home buttons down for about 10 secs then release the power button only (keep holding the home button for approx 5 more secs) and the phone will then enter restore/DFU (device firmware update) mode. A prompt should appear in iTunes asking you if you would like to restore the phone to a previously backed up version saved on iCloud or your PC.

This worked for me and was able to recover all my data in my phone.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 11th, 2019, 8:14 am

Xecutive wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
M_2NR wrote:Just throwing it out there. Don’t waste your time buying used iPhone 6s’. The free battery replacement program may be ending soon and even after this replacement, your battery will still go bad.

currently have an SE in constant bootloop - i would tend to believe it's the battery that degraded and causing this now

Had a similar problem with an iPhone 5 that was stuck on the apple logo, then screen will blank off then reboot and repeat.

While having the phone connected to a pc or mac with iTunes running, hold the power and home buttons down for about 10 secs then release the power button only (keep holding the home button for approx 5 more secs) and the phone will then enter restore/DFU (device firmware update) mode. A prompt should appear in iTunes asking you if you would like to restore the phone to a previously backed up version saved on iCloud or your PC.

yea that doesn't work

I mentioned earlier about a dual sim device, negating my use of the iPhone, as it's just easier to carry one device, while i have no issues with Android Oreo on the S8+ it feels as if I'm missing out something with, so contemplating the return - considering utilising the X for personal and the SE with the work SIM.

I believe I have a 16GB 5s somewhere, I probably will resort to that; if the two phone thing (granted x and 5s are two decent sizes) isn't working will just shift focus to the dual sim to solve

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » January 20th, 2019, 2:28 pm

Currently using a 4s for my other sim. Works well enough. Slight apple induced lags in certain functions but works ok. it took a fell this week and absorbed the lash well. I miss how well apple was back in those days. A 5s should more than suffice.

How is your battery life with the S8+ with LTE tr1ad? Heard it takes a harder hit than iOS devices that recently began using LTE.

Xecutive
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Xecutive » January 20th, 2019, 4:44 pm

tr1ad wrote:
Xecutive wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

yea that doesn't work

I mentioned earlier about a dual sim device, negating my use of the iPhone, as it's just easier to carry one device, while i have no issues with Android Oreo on the S8+ it feels as if I'm missing out something with, so contemplating the return - considering utilising the X for personal and the SE with the work SIM.

I believe I have a 16GB 5s somewhere, I probably will resort to that; if the two phone thing (granted x and 5s are two decent sizes) isn't working will just shift focus to the dual sim to solve

Had a similar scenario. Now using an S7 for work and the iphone 5 for personal use. Prefer iOS for several reasons over android but it works for me. Got accustomed to having two phones now so isn't too much of an issue anymore.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 20th, 2019, 4:50 pm

M_2NR wrote:Currently using a 4s for my other sim. Works well enough. Slight apple induced lags in certain functions but works ok. it took a fell this week and absorbed the lash well. I miss how well apple was back in those days. A 5s should more than suffice.

How is your battery life with the S8+ with LTE tr1ad? Heard it takes a harder hit than iOS devices that recently began using LTE.

No issues with battery, still a winner over iOS devices ..including the X with same usage

Just apple "fast" charging definitely isn't fast when compared to other devices

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 20th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Xecutive wrote:
tr1ad wrote:
Xecutive wrote:
tr1ad wrote:

yea that doesn't work

Had a similar scenario. Now using an S7 for work and the iphone 5 for personal use. Prefer iOS for several reasons over android but it works for me. Got accustomed to having two phones now so isn't too much of an issue anymore.

Can understand that ...

Might settle for a large and small iOS device to have, once on WiFi once both are on same apple ID they both ring when a call comes through

So who have a 128 matte black 7 plus and some cash to trade for an x

LOL

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Since yesterday... But all sold I'm sure

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » January 20th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Just wanna say, I switched from an S9 to iPhone X. There are somethings I miss about the S9, mainly because the native camera app is more powerful.

But holy sheit, how is the iPhone so smooth compared to a top of the line Android? I honestly never find my S9 slow until I used an iPhone and realized how speedy and responsive this phone is. It's incredible!

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 20th, 2019, 11:00 pm

^^

If you own the Apple X 256 GB you have arrived .

It is smooth, fast and incredible .

The Siri works even better now - Send message by talking etc.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 21st, 2019, 10:31 am

RedVEVO wrote:The Siri works even better now - Send message by talking etc.

could have done that years now

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 21st, 2019, 10:31 am

Hopefully this helps show Apple their prices need to come down.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » January 21st, 2019, 11:09 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:The Siri works even better now - Send message by talking etc.

could have done that years now

he nieu

l33t2 wrote:Just wanna say, I switched from an S9 to iPhone X. There are somethings I miss about the S9, mainly because the native camera app is more powerful.

But holy sheit, how is the iPhone so smooth compared to a top of the line Android? I honestly never find my S9 slow until I used an iPhone and realized how speedy and responsive this phone is. It's incredible!

can't deny that many other phones / manufacturers have way better cams out there

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 21st, 2019, 11:45 am

There are free apps like Camera+ and Obscura that let you adjust aperture, focus, shutter, exposure etc on the iPhone. The stock camera app tries to keep it simple.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 21st, 2019, 6:37 pm

l33t2 wrote:Just wanna say, I switched from an S9 to iPhone X. There are somethings I miss about the S9, mainly because the native camera app is more powerful.

You should try a proper stock or oxygen os Android instead of Samsung's crap you'll be amazed as well. The OnePlus 6t that replaced my iPhone X shocked me.

Anyone got their hands on the new iPad yet tho? It's tempting me!!

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 21st, 2019, 11:55 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars wrote:Hopefully this helps show Apple their prices need to come down.

No no no .. :!: :!: :!:

Keep the prices high .

Keep the quality .

Once you drop the price , Chinese "cheap" parts will come into play .

Then Siri will turn wajang ..

The above view is still the same .

Price tracking the iPhone Xs Max 256 GB in Trinidad.

Let me explain .

Samsung 9 Plus @ Courts $9,000 TT
$5,500 TT at another retailer - it's the Latin American version with 2 sim slots

NEW Iphone Xs Max sells for approx $11,400 TT

Has anybody seen a better ( " bess price " ) price in Trinidad ?
Last edited by RedVEVO on February 23rd, 2019, 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » January 23rd, 2019, 1:49 pm

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » January 23rd, 2019, 7:05 pm

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/23/ap ... -site-249/

iPhone se for sale on clearance yet again.

Monkey Man
Riding on 18's

Postby Monkey Man » January 28th, 2019, 12:59 am

QUESTION AGAIN

Anyone ever successfully traded in an iphone?

Can this be done at an apple store (in US)or do they only send you the “trade in kit”?

ole whore
Street 2NR

Postby ole whore » January 28th, 2019, 9:02 am

I trade in a 6s for a 7plus sometime ago at a Miami Apple store .. they valued mine (which was actually a good price) and I paid the difference and got a new 7plus . It was real easy , straight forward and quick.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » January 31st, 2019, 4:43 am

Same as well, traded in an iPhone 7plus for a XS Max at an apple store. The attendant did everything thing for me, simple and fast

Saga007
Ricer

Postby Saga007 » February 1st, 2019, 2:13 pm

Advise on how to transfer Whatsapp chat history from iphone to Huawei please.

Thanks

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 1st, 2019, 10:24 pm

Heard there's a bug in FaceTime that let's you effectively spy on someone by calling them and they don't even have to answer

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 1st, 2019, 10:52 pm

Saga007 wrote:Advise on how to transfer Whatsapp chat history from iphone to Huawei please.

Thanks

Try this link
http://www.ifonetips.com/how-to/transfe ... droid.html

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 13th, 2019, 10:13 pm

via Twitter for iPhone

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » February 14th, 2019, 12:02 am

Lmao. Busted.

Perfectly depicts the hypocrisy of current culture.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 23rd, 2019, 1:41 am

Price tracking the iPhone Xs Max 256 GB in Trinidad.

Let me explain .

NEW Samsung 9 Plus @ Courts $9,000 TT
$5,500 TT at another retailer NEW - it's the Latin American version with 2 sim slots - better value !

NEW Iphone Xs Max sells for approx $11,400 TT

Has anybody seen a better ( " bess price " ) price in Trinidad ?

Jonathan_337
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jonathan_337 » February 24th, 2019, 7:53 am

Does the GSM model IPhone 7/ 7 Plus work on bmobile and Digicel properly locally? I see they support the bands but just making sure.

donnysam
Street 2NR

Postby donnysam » February 24th, 2019, 9:52 am

Jonathan_337 wrote:Does the GSM model IPhone 7/ 7 Plus work on bmobile and Digicel properly locally? I see they support the bands but just making sure.

Yes, network for calls and even lte is good.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”