Forums

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby casper » May 8th, 2012, 8:11 pm

I personally don't like cases on my phones...screen protectors is a must though....right now I rockin my iPhone 4 with just clear screen protector in the from and back that I bought from maljoe on d forums for $60 for d pair....I don't drop my phone ever so I just really need something to protect from occasional scratches

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » May 9th, 2012, 6:46 am

iphone 4s has the worst battery life,"i swear".

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » May 9th, 2012, 7:05 am

xvirus wrote:iphone 4s has the worst battery life,"i swear".

I Doh find so...... I does talking on the phone for about 5 hrs each day, browsing via wifi when traveling and I does have like 26 % life on the way home(9pm) u does be on Internet whole day with it owa?

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 9th, 2012, 9:11 am

nah 4s battery really sucks freal compared to the normal 4...i thought was just me noticing it but a guy in work here have one and it always plugged into the wall socket lolz :lol:

shaq090
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaq090 » May 9th, 2012, 9:19 am

alyuh torrenting whole day owa? lol.... when i use to torrent on my android a 30min torrent woulda drain my battery by 50%

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

The | Apple Inc. | Thread

Postby mojosodope » May 9th, 2012, 10:42 am

I don't find the usage time is that bad, they could improve on the standby time tho and with the right settings you can drastically improve your current time.

GTcruzer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby GTcruzer » May 9th, 2012, 11:35 am

mojosodope wrote:I don't find the usage time is that bad, they could improve on the standby time tho and with the right settings you can drastically improve your current time.

This

I have better standby time when I'm not at home than when I am but given the amount of time it takes to recharge, I don't really mind. I always liked the recharge rate, my 3G used to move from 20-100% in just over 1hr. 4S takes about the same.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 9th, 2012, 3:38 pm

When asked about similarities between the design of HP's new Ultrabook and Apple's MacBook Air, an HP executive dismissed concerns that Apple could sue.

Stacy Wolff, vice president of Industrial Design at Hewlett-Packard, did admit that there are similarities between his company's new Envy Spectre XT laptop and Apple's MacBook Air. But according to Engadget, he said that's more due to the way technology has developed than Apple driving design in the industry.

"Apple may like to think they own silver, but they don't," Wolff said. "In no way did HP try to mimic Apple. In life there are a lot of similarities."

Speaking at the Global Influencer Summit in Shanghai, China, Wolff highlighted what he feels are some key differences between the Spectre XT and the MacBook Air. He noted that HP's new Ultrabook is rubber-coated at the bottom, and it is made of magnesium, compared to Apple's use of CNC aluminum.

He also highlighted a brush pattern on the Spectre XT that isn't found on the MacBook Air. And HP's Spectre line also includes dedicated Beats Audio processing, for higher quality sound.

"If you want to look at a macro level, there are a lot of similarities to everything in the market that's an Ultrabook today," he said. "It is not because those guys (Apple) did it first. It's just that's where the form factor is leading it."

HP Spectre

Apple MacBook Pro

In April, it was said that Intel hopes to see shipments of as many as 30 million Ultrabooks this year. The company designed the Ultrabook specification for Windows PC makers after Apple found great success with its new MacBook Air.

Ultrabooks feature many of the same defining features as the MacBook Air: solid-state storage, instant-on capabilities, and super-thin design thanks to the lack of an optical drive.

Apple is expected to take design cues from its MacBook Air and bring them to the MacBook Pro lineup in the coming months. Apple's updated MacBook Pros will be powered by Intel's latest-generation Ivy Bridge processors, which began shipping in April.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » May 9th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Just like similarities by products offered by Google, Microsoft, Samsung, HTC etc.
People like to pretend to innovate yet wait for Apple to do it first.

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 9th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Yup, its that time again. New version of Safari available as well.

------

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 9th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Omg they have to copy 4s so much man not even the icon for the voice differen??? Stupessss..even the replies are almost the same too wtf

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » May 10th, 2012, 8:36 am

Another innovation from the Android camp. Now Samsung makes GREAT phones btw. Just wish they start pushing innovation more.

Saga007
Ricer

Postby Saga007 » May 10th, 2012, 1:47 pm

wats the best software for the 3gs?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 10th, 2012, 1:51 pm

^ Just look in the app store

http://www.apple.com/iphone/from-the-app-store/

Top Paid Apps, Top Free Apps and Top Grossing Apps

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 10th, 2012, 2:06 pm

I've had my ipod touch for two years now.
Im not in a hurry to buy a new one since this one does its job well.

Only one prob, the battery doesnt last as long as it used to which is expected for a device with this age and i use it everyday in the car.
Can any one change this battery locally? I want an oem battery change done.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 10th, 2012, 3:25 pm

^^^yea i have a bredren in work here fixes, replaces screens, batteries, etc on those ipod touches and also any iphone...he doesnt charge much...located in POS

mojosodope
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby mojosodope » May 10th, 2012, 8:38 pm

5.0.1 out for Apple TV 2nd & 3rd gen.

Apple has released a new update for the generation 2 and 3 Apple TV models. The update allows movies and TV show previews from the iTunes Store to be viewed in HD and fixes a few other minor issues.
Apple TV Software Update 5.0.1

iTunes previews - Previews for movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can now be viewed in HD.
AirPlay - Fixes an issue that caused some iOS apps to have trouble connecting via AirPlay.
Home Sharing - Improves the reliability of Home Sharing connections.
Netflix - Addresses an issue affecting Netflix login and navigation.
Stability and performance - Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance.
The update can be performed directly on the Apple TV by going to the Settings menu, then General, then selecting Update Software.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/10/app ... ion-5-0-1/

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » May 10th, 2012, 10:46 pm

casper wrote:^^^yea i have a bredren in work here fixes, replaces screens, batteries, etc on those ipod touches and also any iphone...he doesnt charge much...located in POS

he ever did work for u?

i fraid men frig up my ipod. feel i'll just go f1connect

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 10th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Yea he fixed an old iPhone 3G I have here that I thought no longer of use...man bring it back like new

Aaron 2NR
2NR phototakerouter

Postby Aaron 2NR » May 11th, 2012, 8:44 am

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » May 11th, 2012, 8:56 am

got a question, just restored my phone 3g and saw that its activating via bmobile, does that mean that you can upgrade normally your iPhone 4 through itunes and be able to use it till the jailbreak comes out?

SRASC
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby SRASC » May 11th, 2012, 9:29 am

According to trusted sources, Apple has an incredible headline feature in development for iOS 6: a completely in-house maps application. Apple will drop the Google Maps program running on iOS since 2007 in favor for a new Maps app with an Apple backend. The application design is said to be fairly similar to the current Google Maps program on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, but it is described as a much cleaner, faster, and more reliable experience.

While Apple has always had full control of the actual iOS Maps application design, the backend has belonged to Google. That will change with iOS 6 thanks to their purchases of Placebase, C3 Technologies, and Poly9; acquisitions that Apple has used to create a complete mapping database. Now that the application is fully in-house, it is being renamed to simply “Maps.” We reported prior to the launch of iOS 5 that Apple and Google had extended their Maps deal, and now it is obvious when that deal ends.

Signifying the application’s complete re-write is a new logo for iOS Maps: it is basically a redesigned version of the current iOS Maps icon with a view of Apple’s 1 Infinite Loop Campus, but redrawn with a new color scheme. Apple’s replacement for Google Street View will likely also be an in-house solution. C3 Technologies worked on street view capability as shown in the image above.

The most important aspect of the new Maps application is a powerful new 3D mode. The 3D mode does not come enabled by default, but users simply need to click a 3D button that is conveniently and visibly stored in the app. Perhaps under the fold like the current traffic, pin, and map view buttons. This 3D mode is said to essentially be technology straight from C3 Technologies: beautiful, realisitic graphics based on de-classified missile target algorithms. This is how the Apple acquired company C3 Technologies described their technology:

C3 Technologies is the leading provider of 3D mapping solutions, offering photo-realistic models of the world for search, navigation and geographic information systems. Since 2007 when it was spun out of the aerospace and defense company Saab AB, venture-backed C3 has redefined mapping by applying previously classified image processing technology to the development of 3D maps as a platform for new social and commercial applications. The Sweden-based company’s automated software and advanced algorithms enable C3 to rapidly assemble extremely precise 3D models, and seamlessly integrate them with traditional 2D maps, satellite images, street level photography and user generated images, that together are forever changing how people use maps and explore the world.

On the topic of C3 technologies, a few weeks ago we heard that most of the C3 Technologies top executives that came to Apple as a part of the acquisition have left for new opportunities. It is common sight in the Silicon Valley to see acquired team members leave companies once their “job is done.” The C3 Technologies team leaving just ahead of iOS integration would be similar to Siri co-founder Dag Kittlaus leaving following Siri’s launch on the iPhone 4S late last year.

iOS 6 will likely be introduced at Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference in mid-June. We’ve heard that many versions of what will become a final iOS 6 product have been floating around Apple’s Cupertino labs (the iOS team likes to work on many projects and then pull them all together at the end of a development cycle), but those expecting major home screen changes or Android-like widgets might be disappointed… briefly, anyway.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 11th, 2012, 2:49 pm

Maps hoss? Maps? Stueps.
If they don't bring out something like system toggles at least that will be disappointing.
I hate to have to jailbreak /just/ to have that.
A dead OS (webos) has that built in :|

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » May 11th, 2012, 3:00 pm

^^^ i share ur thoughts...OS 6 and the biggest feature they seem to come up with is an impractical maps???

stupesss eh

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 11th, 2012, 3:23 pm

It's all rumors anyway. I'm sure it will be all hype. I really don't see what else they can do to iOS beyond themes (which they will never do), adding a common user space (which is like android but most likely will required a build over as iOS isn't engineered so) better sharing ability (again like on android) and widgets (see previous brackets).

I still prefer iOS though.

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » May 11th, 2012, 4:23 pm

quick question guys, i got an iPhone 4 today and i attempted to shutdown the phone and for the past hour its just showing me the apple logo. is the phone bricked? ( its jail broken) help :(

found out how to do it with redsnOw :oops: just converted from android so i didn't know :oops:

Parvin
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Parvin » May 11th, 2012, 5:25 pm

tropi_flakes wrote:quick question guys, i got an iPhone 4 today and i attempted to shutdown the phone and for the past hour its just showing me the apple logo. is the phone bricked? ( its jail broken) help :(

found out how to do it with redsnOw :oops: just converted from android so i didn't know :oops:

What iOS version was it on?

You had a tethered jb ?

xvirus
Street 2NR

Postby xvirus » May 11th, 2012, 9:50 pm

tropi_flakes wrote:quick question guys, i got an iPhone 4 today and i attempted to shutdown the phone and for the past hour its just showing me the apple logo. is the phone bricked? ( its jail broken) help :(

try connecting to pc & turn on

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » May 11th, 2012, 10:48 pm

Parvin wrote:

What iOS version was it on?

You had a tethered jb ?

It's running os 5.1, i called the guy and he told me to download redsnOw and click extras then just boot. After being in the android world since they developed the os im at a total loss when it comes to an iphone. i dont even know whats some good apps to download for it :oops:

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 12th, 2012, 1:22 am

download redsn0w and click on "extras" then "just boot" and follow the instructions.

if it is currently stuck on apple logo so you cannot switch it off,
redsn0w will not start the process if it is on,
so what you need to do is connect it to the pc go through the steps i said before and you will get to a screen that says to switch the phone off,
you must hold down the power key and the back button at the same time until the apple logo goes off for like 2 seconds,
during that 2 seconds quickly press next on the redsnow window and then follow the onscreen instructions.
every time you switch your phone off or run out of battery
you must do a tethered boot like this,
ommitting the extra step from being stuck on apple logo from a failed boot.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”