Re: The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby nick639v2 » February 20th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Still nun. Strange cuz a 6s is working fine and not the 7. Oh well

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 21st, 2018, 9:33 pm

it works but it's buggy
sometimes the srceen goes black - not sure what to do to get it back, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt and sometimes Waze sticks on the deck screen, so you see the map but it doesnt update.

eddboi455
Ricer

Postby eddboi455 » March 1st, 2018, 5:45 am

markie boy wrote:Hey guys...insight needed....recently ported back to bmobile but since the port has been completed my iMessages nor FaceTime is not activating with my number...and my phone is showing unknown for the number in settings...called bmobile many of times but they said everything seems to be just fine and dandy on their side...your views are appreciated

Any update on this? I ported from Digi to bmobile and pressure with the iMessage ever since.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 1st, 2018, 11:10 pm

eddboi455 wrote:
markie boy wrote:Hey guys...insight needed....recently ported back to bmobile but since the port has been completed my iMessages nor FaceTime is not activating with my number...and my phone is showing unknown for the number in settings...called bmobile many of times but they said everything seems to be just fine and dandy on their side...your views are appreciated

Any update on this? I ported from Digi to bmobile and pressure with the iMessage ever since.

I having this same problem but I upgraded from the normal sim to the bmobile lte sim and after that it was nothing but problems. I think the issues lie in the number shown as unknown, I’m yet to go back in bmobile and make them replace my sim again to see if that solves it, but from what I’m reading online is once the your number not showing iMessage will only work with your email address...........

markie boy
3NE 2NR for life

Postby markie boy » March 4th, 2018, 4:01 pm

nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

I having this same problem but I upgraded from the normal sim to the bmobile lte sim and after that it was nothing but problems. I think the issues lie in the number shown as unknown, I’m yet to go back in bmobile and make them replace my sim again to see if that solves it, but from what I’m reading online is once the your number not showing iMessage will only work with your email address...........

hey well no luck from my end...and bmobile reps dont seem to understand the problem...was talking to someone and they told me because the "number not write to the sim" another told me that i needed to upgrade to a postpaid plan...another rep told me i will have to get a new number and it will work...but up to this day no luck with activation of my imessage and facetime services...thereby making me regret porting back to bmobile

nemisis
punchin NOS

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby nemisis » March 4th, 2018, 4:43 pm

markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

hey well no luck from my end...and bmobile reps dont seem to understand the problem...was talking to someone and they told me because the "number not write to the sim" another told me that i needed to upgrade to a postpaid plan...another rep told me i will have to get a new number and it will work...but up to this day no luck with activation of my imessage and facetime services...thereby making me regret porting back to bmobile

So mine used to show the my number section as “unknown” and I just checked back today and see it there, so it can be many things eg sim, software version on iPhone..........and from what I’m seeing that went on for me it may be the software on the iPhone that had caused it.....(this just a hypothesis tho)

eddboi455
Ricer

Postby eddboi455 » March 4th, 2018, 7:43 pm

markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

I definitely feel your pain as it's my pain too lol. Based on what i've seen the issue is with the LTE sims. I have 3 numbers on bmobile. 1 of them is an older sim (green & white) and that shows in the my number field. The other 2 number with the lte sims, the my number field shows unknown.

eddboi455
Ricer

Postby eddboi455 » March 4th, 2018, 7:47 pm

nemisis wrote:
markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

So mine used to show the my number section as “unknown” and I just checked back today and see it there, so it can be many things eg sim, software version on iPhone..........and from what I’m seeing that went on for me it may be the software on the iPhone that had caused it.....(this just a hypothesis tho)

So your my number field showed "unknown" and it just magically showed your number? Did you do anything to fix it like take sim out? Factory reset? SIM swap? I wish we could just edit the number like digicel sim cards allow you to do. Also what carrier version are you on? I'm using an iPhone X with iOS 11.2.6 with carrier bmobile 31.0.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 4th, 2018, 7:57 pm

eddboi455 wrote:
nemisis wrote:
markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

So your my number field showed "unknown" and it just magically showed your number? Did you do anything to fix it like take sim out? Factory reset? SIM swap? I wish we could just edit the number like digicel sim cards allow you to do. Also what carrier version are you on? I'm using an iPhone X with iOS 11.2.6 with carrier bmobile 31.0.

Yea it was unknown a good while and I decided to check today an it appeared, I left the sim as is but I’m using beta software so I’m on 11.3 and my carrier version is bmobile 31.5

markie boy
3NE 2NR for life

Postby markie boy » March 4th, 2018, 9:29 pm

nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:
nemisis wrote:
markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

Yea it was unknown a good while and I decided to check today an it appeared, I left the sim as is but I’m using beta software so I’m on 11.3 and my carrier version is bmobile 31.5

...lucky you since i ported back to bmobile like 2 months now i havent been able to activate imessage or facetime...and in porting back to bmobile i opted for the LTE service so like its really the LTE sims...hmmmm

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 4th, 2018, 9:39 pm

markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:
nemisis wrote:
markie boy wrote:
nemisis wrote:
eddboi455 wrote:

...lucky you since i ported back to bmobile like 2 months now i havent been able to activate imessage or facetime...and in porting back to bmobile i opted for the LTE service so like its really the LTE sims...hmmmm

The problem only happened to me when I got the lte sim,I called bmobile made sure things were ok on their end and all the info was up to date, the problem was persistent, but I updated to the latest beta sometime last week or 2 and when I checked today it showed up, maybe the fix came with the latest beta update for me or bmobile sort out the their crap.....

knorgriff
3NE 2NR for life

Postby knorgriff » March 27th, 2018, 10:09 am

Anyone have cydia on iOS 11???

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 27th, 2018, 10:58 am

knorgriff wrote:Anyone have cydia on iOS 11???

what are the main features of using Cydia now?
I know the value of it when the phones needed to be jailbroken to work here, but what are the advantages now?

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » March 27th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

I know the value of it when the phones needed to be jailbroken to work here, but what are the advantages now?

This!!

From what I've seen, the only advantages to Jailbreaking and having Cydia on an iPhone now is to manipulate the experience of the phone such as:

1. True Dark Mode
2. No titles for icons
3. Changing the icons
4. Changing the animations
5. etc

Basically in my opinion, Jailbreaking is to make your iPhone like an Android.

knorgriff
3NE 2NR for life

Postby knorgriff » March 27th, 2018, 1:17 pm

thelem-again wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

This!!

From what I've seen, the only advantages to Jailbreaking and having Cydia on an iPhone now is to manipulate the experience of the phone such as:

1. True Dark Mode
2. No titles for icons
3. Changing the icons
5. etc

Free paid apps???

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » March 27th, 2018, 3:57 pm

knorgriff wrote:
thelem-again wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

This!!

1. True Dark Mode
2. No titles for icons
3. Changing the icons
5. etc

Free paid apps???

Such as what??

Besides there are other means to get hacked or even paid apps for free through the TuTu app etc.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 27th, 2018, 11:11 pm

Apple introduced a bevy of products today, including a new AR-enabled, 9.7-inch iPad, as well as apps for education, creativity and productivity. Watch the most important bits of the announcement here.

Apple bringing Classroom to Mac, reveals new ClassKit framework coming in iOS 11.4 & Schoolwork app

https://9to5mac.com/2018/03/27/apple-an ... swork-app/

Iskhazy
Riding on 13's

Postby Iskhazy » April 13th, 2018, 1:38 pm

So anyone here able to get bmobile 32.0 ipcc file? (The carrier bundle) , Can’t even find it on apple servers. Don’t know how some people got it. I’m sitting on 30.0 here

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 13th, 2018, 1:44 pm

Iskhazy wrote:So anyone here able to get bmobile 32.0 ipcc file? (The carrier bundle) , Can’t even find it on apple servers. Don’t know how some people got it. I’m sitting on 30.0 here

Just checked and I'm on 32.0, don't even remember being asked to update the carrier bundle.
Try toggling airplane mode and see if it comes up?

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » April 13th, 2018, 7:17 pm

question..Imac 27 getting sluggish... tried some cleaners to no avail... any suggestions?...also considering a memory upgrade..

specs as follows

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.16.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.16.05 PM.png (25.36 KiB) Viewed 4351 times

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

The | Apple Inc.  | Thread

Postby nick639v2 » April 14th, 2018, 6:14 am

Monk BANzai wrote:question..Imac 27 getting sluggish... tried some cleaners to no avail... any suggestions?...also considering a memory upgrade..

specs as follows

Check your startup apps/ running apps for any conflicts or unwanted stuff.

SSD upgrade first then ram.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » April 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:question..Imac 27 getting sluggish... tried some cleaners to no avail... any suggestions?...also considering a memory upgrade..

specs as follows

Check your startup apps/ running apps for any conflicts or unwanted stuff.

SSD upgrade first then ram.

Is the upgrade done locally? whats the average cost? From what im reading i not too keen on doing it myself..

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » April 14th, 2018, 4:31 pm

Maybe f1 connect? I'm not sure, but they might be one of the only places i would trust .. i did it myself, didn't encounter any issues.

It changed the machine entirely over my ram upgrade too

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » April 14th, 2018, 7:25 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Maybe f1 connect? I'm not sure, but they might be one of the only places i would trust .. i did it myself, didn't encounter any issues.

expand a bit on this...i'm one of those who runs Parallels on my Mac..

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » April 14th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:Maybe f1 connect? I'm not sure, but they might be one of the only places i would trust .. i did it myself, didn't encounter any issues.

** It changed the PERFORMANCE of my imac entirely. Much more responsive while encoding video and even in the filesystem itself.

I too was using parallels.

Before the swap, on launch, and while using programs like Chief architect, AutoCAD and finalcut it would lag and stick with large file rendering from the windows side writing to mac os.

I then chose the upgrade ram alone(what you're interested in doing) and used parallel's program to give Windows more priority to the ram usage (you can access this from the preferences) but this resulted in minor performance improvements.

I decided to bite the bullet and do the ssd upgrade and after the swap it was smooth like butter (much like using the original mac os alone)

I used a 512 Samsung ssd, clean install of both OS. Then used the older HD with a thunderbolt adapter for storage etc..

I will add the next 2 simpler options for you also:

Option 1:

If i remember correctly that model had a 'hybrid' drive, containing 128gb ssd then 1tb hd in one.

You can gain some performance with a clean install, install both OS with parallels on the 128gb partition then apps and files on the other 1tb that way the faster flash memory won't be as cluttered.

Option 2: very viable option if you dont wanna open it yet yield high performance results

You have thunderbolt ports, use it.

Thunderbolt an SSD drive and install the virtual system here. Or start transferring some apps here

Note the age of the system, i found it better to invest in a new drive, or install the other through thunderbolt to avoid any major data loss and regrets if God forbids the original bites the dust.

I sold my system last year else i could've showed you.

Always keep in mind most causes of sluggish behaviour in mac can be noticed in the activity monitor.

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Monk BANzai » April 14th, 2018, 9:06 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
Monk BANzai wrote:

** It changed the PERFORMANCE of my imac entirely. Much more responsive while encoding video and even in the filesystem itself.

I too was using parallels.

Before the swap, on launch, and while using programs like Chief architect, AutoCAD and finalcut it would lag and stick with large file rendering from the windows side writing to mac os.

I then chose the upgrade ram alone(what you're interested in doing) and used parallel's program to give Windows more priority to the ram usage (you can access this from the preferences) but this resulted in minor performance improvements.

I decided to bite the bullet and do the ssd upgrade and after the swap it was smooth like butter (much like using the original mac os alone)

I used a 512 Samsung ssd, clean install of both OS. Then used the older HD with a thunderbolt adapter for storage etc..

I will add the next 2 simpler options for you also:

Option 1:

If i remember correctly that model had a 'hybrid' drive, containing 128gb ssd then 1tb hd in one.

You can gain some performance with a clean install, install both OS with parallels on the 128gb partition then apps and files on the other 1tb that way the faster flash memory won't be as cluttered.

Option 2: very viable option if you dont wanna open it yet yield high performance results

You have thunderbolt ports, use it.

Thunderbolt an SSD drive and install the virtual system here. Or start transferring some apps here

Note the age of the system, i found it better to invest in a new drive, or install the other through thunderbolt to avoid any major data loss and regrets if God forbids the original bites the dust.

I sold my system last year else i could've showed you.

Always keep in mind most causes of sluggish behaviour in mac can be noticed in the activity monitor.

I like this option...though i dont mind Option 1 as well.... thanks... if anything i'll inbox yew..

*Gains knowledge and i didnt even lift...

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » April 19th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 19th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Coppershot wrote:

Response

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”