Forums

Lets talk CNG

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Lets talk CNG

Postby Rockram » March 14th, 2019, 8:46 am

NGC CNG currently offering free conversions on 1000 taxis to convert, offer between March 18th to March 29th first come first serve.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 15th, 2019, 7:22 pm

X2 wrote:I know many people are going on about power loss using CNG, but just note that CNG added to a turbo diesel engine has a similar effect to nitrous on a gas engine.

Just a thought.
True on the power loss. If u have a timing advance module in your kit, well more power ect. Stock timing yes power loss

cck2
Street 2NR

Postby cck2 » March 20th, 2019, 2:58 pm

i have a toyota fielder cvt tranny with cng and it jerks alot
went back bermac they telling me after the put it in
o yes cvt does do that and they dont know why

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 20th, 2019, 3:30 pm

cck2 wrote:i have a toyota fielder cvt tranny with cng and it jerks alot
Wont have that problem with dumore. Just sayin

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm

dem is some MC owah... they will take ur money, sell u it, and THEN tell theirs give problems?
is it warrantied? u contact consumer affairs division?
they should remove that system and give u a full refund. if not u making a big social media scenes.

ttngc trying to push the cng, so they might not like to hear their registered installer is doing this tomfoolery. u might be able to get them to put some pressure to give u back a refund.

u can also talk to dumore.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 20th, 2019, 5:47 pm

Maybe they don't know, as they said. That's not their field of expertise, and you can't expect someone to know everything about a car today.

You need to check a certified Toyota mechanic for the CVT. Could be that the fluid needs changing, and you have to get OEM Toyota CVT fluid. If it was a RORO, don't be fooled by the low mileage that it was sold to you with.

cck2
Street 2NR

Postby cck2 » March 20th, 2019, 6:00 pm

sMASH wrote:

dem is some MC owah... they will take ur money, sell u it, and THEN tell theirs give problems?
they should remove that system and give u a full refund. if not u making a big social media scenes.

ttngc trying to push the cng, so they might not like to hear their registered installer is doing this tomfoolery. u might be able to get them to put some pressure to give u back a refund.

i went to remove it they saying i have to pay 6000 to remove it
i won the kit with ngc promo
and they give me back my car with all the finishers in the trunk remove they stick everything in the back seat
the bracket for the tank bolt so low on the frame of the car nothing could fit back
the guy went on a test drive with me and say thats how cvt does react to the cng and cant do nothing about it i told him that will damage my tranny and mounts he then told me nobody ever come back and say they tranny mash up i then told him it will have a long term effect so nobody ent come back yet i get fedup and i just leave i still have it in my car i just dont use it looking for someone to take it out now

cck2
Street 2NR

Postby cck2 » March 20th, 2019, 6:05 pm

maj. tom wrote:Maybe they don't know, as they said. That's not their field of expertise, and you can't expect someone to know everything about a car today.

You need to check a certified Toyota mechanic for the CVT. Could be that the fluid needs changing, and you have to get OEM Toyota CVT fluid. If it was a RORO, don't be fooled by the low mileage that it was sold to you with.

it only jerks when using CNG only on gas it works fine

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 20th, 2019, 6:20 pm

You never hear these kinda stories at dumore. Customer service is always top off the line. Techs are certified and take great care in their installs. They usually take everything into consideration and fabricate stuff if needed. They take the car for a spin and make sure its tuned properly.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 20th, 2019, 6:45 pm

nervewrecker wrote:You never hear these kinda stories at dumore. Customer service is always top off the line. Techs are certified and take great care in their installs. They usually take everything into consideration and fabricate stuff if needed. They take the car for a spin and make sure its tuned properly.

i Have personally and stilllll have a jerking issue with a dumore instal. Their customer service is good yes ( hence why you not hearing about these things by dumore) but that doesn't mean there are not any issues. Things i have done outside of having dumore go over the settings include changing coil packs and spark plugs. Still getting jerky drive and severe loss of power on inclines. None of these issues occur on super. The Quality of life with respect to driving since cng has been horrible but the fuel costs............

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » March 20th, 2019, 6:56 pm

cck2 wrote:
sMASH wrote:

and they give me back my car with all the finishers in the trunk remove they stick everything in the back seat
the bracket for the tank bolt so low on the frame of the car nothing could fit back
the guy went on a test drive with me and say thats how cvt does react to the cng and cant do nothing about it i told him that will damage my tranny and mounts he then told me nobody ever come back and say they tranny mash up i then told him it will have a long term effect so nobody ent come back yet i get fedup and i just leave i still have it in my car i just dont use it looking for someone to take it out now

R u willing to let someone have it... If they pay for removal?

cck2
Street 2NR

Postby cck2 » March 20th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Rockram wrote:
cck2 wrote:
sMASH wrote:

R u willing to let someone have it... If they pay for removal?

once they remove it they keeping it

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 20th, 2019, 8:18 pm

nemisis wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:You never hear these kinda stories at dumore. Customer service is always top off the line. Techs are certified and take great care in their installs. They usually take everything into consideration and fabricate stuff if needed. They take the car for a spin and make sure its tuned properly.

i Have personally and stilllll have a jerking issue with a dumore instal. Their customer service is good yes ( hence why you not hearing about these things by dumore) but that doesn't mean there are not any issues. Things i have done outside of having dumore go over the settings include changing coil packs and spark plugs. Still getting jerky drive and severe loss of power on inclines. None of these issues occur on super. The Quality of life with respect to driving since cng has been horrible but the fuel costs............

i have one of the first kits they did as an NGC registered installer. i got some issues but that is withthe first tank suppliers. they have a new supplier now, but i had to pay to get my tank valve replaced. i get a stall, every so often when on cng... under 5 times, very infrequent. but i want to feel is a specific set of conditions that have to happen for it to occur, and i just tumble back the engine and continue, the few times it happened. they ran the line ex the regulator to the injectors right over the ac fill port. would not be an issue, except that i have had some ac issues to sort, so i had to re-tighten the hose clamps after we shift it. so, dumore is not without issues. but, i have to say, the kit works very well for what it is, installed as good as would be expected... its not half-assed as u would get by other people.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » March 20th, 2019, 8:18 pm

nemisis wrote:

what vehicle is this pal? to my understanding coilpacks and sparkplugs are items that usually needs to be changed from time to time. these can go in a split second.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 21st, 2019, 9:21 am

Ted_v2 wrote:
nemisis wrote:

what vehicle is this pal? to my understanding coilpacks and sparkplugs are items that usually needs to be changed from time to time. these can go in a split second.
Yes they can go in a split second, But as i said on super i wasn't having any issue i only changed them in case they were failing and the symptoms were manifesting under cng. After the change however same symptoms, I have also stalled multiple times but it hasn't happened since the last time they checked through the system "SMALL MERCIES" At the moment the delay when trying to pull off from a complete stop has been reduced, haven't stalled recently, and i avoid hills as best as possible (Or switch back to super) if i cant get a running start as it feels i climb them faster with someone pushing the car from behind. "Tiida"

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 21st, 2019, 9:32 am

I have heard some ppl having to change coil packs during and soon after a CNG conversion.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 21st, 2019, 12:09 pm

Was talking to someone with a tiida. Said the rom on that so old is a miracle anyone can do anything on it.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 21st, 2019, 1:49 pm

^^^ should have a list of local vehicles not eligible for conversion if that’s the case I would hope... not a matter of it working but working up to a minimum spec is what I expect. A slow pull off or stall at the wrong time could be a death sentence....

nemisis
punchin NOS

Lets talk CNG

Postby nemisis » March 21st, 2019, 1:52 pm

Once again don’t let my take on it bias anyone eh!! DUMORE men even with all the issues I may have and still have to some degree , are very professional in the way the carry themselves and interact with their clients. That buys a LOT OF GOOD WILL.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 21st, 2019, 9:05 pm

nemisis wrote:^^^ should have a list of local vehicles not eligible for conversion if that’s the case I would hope... not a matter of it working but working up to a minimum spec is what I expect. A slow pull off or stall at the wrong time could be a death sentence....
Nah, not dumore said that.

And yes, they are very professional

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 21st, 2019, 9:29 pm

dumore said, they need at least OBD2 to scan properly, so that they can determine if they can get the systems to work together. if they cant get the data points they need, they not doing it. they tried once with an old man, but had to install O2 sensor and ting to get it to work at all. too much pressure, too much work load, so they not fighting up. if they cant scan, they not dealing.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 21st, 2019, 9:31 pm

Yea, they usually do a check on the vehicles before they make a decision.
Only smart pple work there. Well most of whom I meet.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 4th, 2019, 2:10 pm

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Honda city CNG models?
How much does it cost to fill up? and how many kilometers do you get to a full tank of cng before you have to refill?
Have heard some saying its $14 to fill but it burns out quite quickly?

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » September 4th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Honda city CNG models?
How much does it cost to fill up? and how many kilometers do you get to a full tank of cng before you have to refill?
Have heard some saying its $14 to fill but it burns out quite quickly?
Yes $14 to fill up. Yes the tank finishes quickly but that's because a full tank only holds approximately 14 litres of liquid gas equivalent fuel. So however far 14 litres of fuel will usually take you is how far a full tank of CNG will take you. As far as the Honda City goes.. IMO it's too overpriced for such cheaply made vehicle. After having owned one as well as CNG converted vehicles, I WILL ALWAYS recommend conversion over the City. Just my 2 cents

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 4th, 2019, 4:17 pm

QUICK INFO
What Is The Current Price Of Refuelling With CNG?
At today’s prices 15 litres of CNG will cost 15 dollars. Its important to note, one litre gasoline equivalent of CNG will take you the same distance as one litre of gasoline.

How Far Will A Full Tank Of CNG Take Me?
A typical passenger car converted to use CNG or an OEM CNG vehicle normally have a capacity of approximately 15 litres gasoline equivalent of CNG, which can take you depending on your driving habits up to 200km.

What Options Do I Have For Converting My Vehicle To Use CNG Fuel?–
Mono-fuel vehicles use 100% CNG with no liquid fuel backup.– Bi-fuel vehicles use 100% CNG and can also use gasoline which is stored as a backup fuel. This improves driving range between fills.– Dual Fuel vehicles use a mixture of diesel and CNG at all times.
https://www.cng.co.tt/savings-calculator/

http://www.trinituner.com/v4/forums/vie ... 0&start=90

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 13th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Attachments
cng.jpg

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » September 14th, 2019, 10:43 am

Nun for the hard workin PH men boi dan boi. Steupsssss. Is always a fight down thing yes. Machine everything

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 14th, 2019, 12:05 pm

That's a very smart move to create more demand for CNG and hold down public transport cost complaints.

jerry88
Riding on 13's

Postby jerry88 » January 16th, 2020, 7:31 pm

All cng converted vehicles, you need to change your spark plugs to iridum plugs and reduce the gap to 0.8mm and all the problems will be resolved when using CNG.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 16th, 2020, 7:44 pm

what does reducing the gap do?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”