RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The guitar string (thread)

Postby RedVEVO » August 8th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Miktay wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
Miktay wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:^^
He is in and out of the chromatic scale ..

Anybody can explain ?

The RedVEVO Guitar Collection :D :D ..

Chromatic scale=all notes
C Chromatic= C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#,A,A#,B,C

So ? Decending ..

B, Bb, A, Ab, G, Gb, F, E, Eb, D, Db, C

Guitars junkies show me some riffs :roll:

yep. Same way up...same way down.

What type of music are u interested in?

Progressive, indie, grunge or "neo" grunge etc.

Looking for another tube amp (Marshall).

Most of the amps are electronic ones , no punch .

Changing the pick ups on my Fender now.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 9th, 2018, 10:52 am

If u into playing fast runs... u might have to learn sweep picking...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Miktay wrote:If u into playing fast runs... u might have to learn sweep picking...

Changing the pickup not the pick :lol: :lol:

Seymour Duncan .. Just purchased .

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 9th, 2018, 7:11 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Miktay wrote:If u into playing fast runs... u might have to learn sweep picking...

What kind?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 9th, 2018, 7:19 pm

Miktay wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:

What kind?

Seymour Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot Strat Pickups

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 9th, 2018, 11:12 pm

The RedVEVO Pickup Comparison :wink: ..

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » August 10th, 2018, 6:58 am

You could've just bought bought the squier bullet if you like EJ lol.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 10th, 2018, 9:19 am

lol...some of those squiers are good value for money...and u mod them by changing pkups...shims...wiring...shielding...and tuners.

Thiz iz the only duncan pickup i own...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 10th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Miktay wrote:lol...some of those squiers are good value for money...and u mod them by changing pkups...shims...wiring...shielding...and tuners.

Yup .. you do that with the Squire .. :lol:

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 10th, 2018, 2:45 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
Miktay wrote:lol...some of those squiers are good value for money...and u mod them by changing pkups...shims...wiring...shielding...and tuners.

Yup .. you do that with the Squire .. :lol:

nah...78 Standard Strat...

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 11th, 2018, 12:13 pm

^^

The RedVEVO BOSS ME 80 :D :D ..

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 13th, 2018, 9:23 am

Vevo, if you like them stratty type tones here's a nice pedal for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYPwScNrwQ

It relatively cheap, but i find the tones on it very nice.

Personally as a player I prefer a double humbucker system as opposed to single pickups, as I like to tune low, these days I in Drop A#. I have a cheap Zoom processor, which gets me by for practicing by myself on headphones.Other than that , my amp has all the effects I need . I am partial to Ibanez products, 1. Because they a bit cheaper in terms of $ for the good quality that they have
2. I like the Ibanez fretboard scale, it fits very nicely in my hands, I get the same on an esp that a friend of mine used to have

Other than that, I wish I could afford a Gibson les Paul, preferably Buckethead's model

I trying to learn bass these days on an Ibanez 4 string Soundgear while singing.
Any bassists up in here?

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 13th, 2018, 9:37 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

The RedVEVO BOSS ME 80 :D :D ..

Still have a few Boss pedals. But pedals are ole skool these days...

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 13th, 2018, 9:39 am

timelapse wrote:Vevo, if you like them stratty type tones here's a nice pedal for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrYPwScNrwQ

It relatively cheap, but i find the tones on it very nice.

Personally as a player I prefer a double humbucker system as opposed to single pickups, as I like to tune low, these days I in Drop A#. I have a cheap Zoom processor, which gets me by for practicing by myself on headphones.Other than that , my amp has all the effects I need . I am partial to Ibanez products, 1. Because they a bit cheaper in terms of $ for the good quality that they have
2. I like the Ibanez fretboard scale, it fits very nicely in my hands, I get the same on an esp that a friend of mine used to have

Other than that, I wish I could afford a Gibson les Paul, preferably Buckethead's model

I trying to learn bass these days on an Ibanez 4 string Soundgear while singing.
Any bassists up in here?

I pull a lill bass string fm time to time. Very enjoyable.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 13th, 2018, 9:48 am

What tuning? ^

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » August 14th, 2018, 9:11 am

timelapse wrote:What tuning? ^

Standard EADG

QuietGiant
3NE 2NR for life

Postby QuietGiant » October 25th, 2018, 10:35 pm

I've had my 1st electric guitar since 2010, a [discontinued] Hohner 24-fret strat and despite being heavy to handle it sounds great. Recently i noticed the pickups getting rusty. Some strings sound slightly louder than others even after i try every possible adjustment so i assume it's the pickups.

Anyone knows how to restore the pickups or what product i can use to take off the rust? Things a little tight so i don't want to get new ones.
Attachments
My Guitar_Hohner HSS Strat_Vintage.jpg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 19th, 2019, 8:22 am

QuietGiant wrote:I've had my 1st electric guitar since 2010, a [discontinued] Hohner 24-fret strat and despite being heavy to handle it sounds great. Recently i noticed the pickups getting rusty. Some strings sound slightly louder than others even after i try every possible adjustment so i assume it's the pickups.

Anyone knows how to restore the pickups or what product i can use to take off the rust? Things a little tight so i don't want to get new ones.

Magic rust remover, they have this in hardwares in central. Dab on some with a tiny paint brush.

Anybody good with tones ? I trying to replicate Billy Howerdel's tones on A Perfect Circle's Passive

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 19th, 2019, 2:38 pm

Anyone have a decent sized amp to sell? My 30 watt roland cube ain't cutting it anymore , decent tone just need something with more power that could push more air .

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 19th, 2019, 6:43 pm

timelapse wrote:Anybody good with tones ? I trying to replicate Billy Howerdel's tones on A Perfect Circle's Passive

I don't hear anything unique in particular apart from the post production, for the most part it sounds like humbuckers on a low pre gain setting with a little bit of pedal overdrive. Other than that the overall track sounds heavily processed.

KM_2NR wrote:Anyone have a decent sized amp to sell? My 30 watt roland cube ain't cutting it anymore , decent tone just need something with more power that could push more air .

I use amplitube and revalver through my receiver. The nice thing with modelling, you can crank the amp and get the sound of the power section pushed (more so with tubes) without blowing your eardrums or waking up the neighbourhood as you would with a gigging amp. Alot of the larger amps that move alot of air, sound like crap at low volumes. Mesa boogies are particularly notorious for it. Another way around it is an attenuator for those who play with the real hardware.

QuietGiant
3NE 2NR for life

Postby QuietGiant » March 19th, 2019, 7:38 pm

KM_2NR wrote:Anyone have a decent sized amp to sell? My 30 watt roland cube ain't cutting it anymore , decent tone just need something with more power that could push more air .

I have an Orange Crush 20LDX for $1500 if you interested. The amp have built-in effects (different types of delay chorus reverb echo flanger), tuner, aux port, etc. Orange have the cleanest crispiest tone i ever heard, but i upgraded because i wanted more gain power controls and less effects.

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 20th, 2019, 10:39 am

QuietGiant wrote:

I have an Orange Crush 20LDX for $1500 if you interested. The amp have built-in effects (different types of delay chorus reverb echo flanger), tuner, aux port, etc. Orange have the cleanest crispiest tone i ever heard, but i upgraded because i wanted more gain power controls and less effects.

Appreciate the offer but the Crush is a bit under powered for my use , want something loud for live use/rehearsal , sure its a good amp tho .

meccalli wrote:
timelapse wrote:Anybody good with tones ? I trying to replicate Billy Howerdel's tones on A Perfect Circle's Passive

I don't hear anything unique in particular apart from the post production, for the most part it sounds like humbuckers on a low pre gain setting with a little bit of pedal overdrive. Other than that the overall track sounds heavily processed.

I use amplitube and revalver through my receiver. The nice thing with modelling, you can crank the amp and get the sound of the power section pushed (more so with tubes) without blowing your eardrums or waking up the neighbourhood as you would with a gigging amp. Alot of the larger amps that move alot of air, sound like crap at low volumes. Mesa boogies are particularly notorious for it. Another way around it is an attenuator for those who play with the real hardware.

Sounds interesting , been awhile since i've messed with amplitube , used to use guitar rig back in the day . Its possible to get good tones out of those just its not sure how practical it is live . Was kinda considering a powered speaker to use with my processor now i kinda want a tube amp head and cabinet as well but idk .

QuietGiant
3NE 2NR for life

Postby QuietGiant » March 20th, 2019, 11:39 pm

KM_2NR wrote:
QuietGiant wrote:

Appreciate the offer but the Crush is a bit under powered for my use , want something loud for live use/rehearsal , sure its a good amp tho .

Cool np. It's a decent amp when it comes to clean tones but personally the distortion not heavy enough for me, i wanted some seriously explosive distortion with power behind it.
Last month while i was buying some cables at a store i come across a 65 watt 'Zebra' amp and the *massive* sound blew my mind, i wasn't expecting this size and quality for under $2000. Instantly took it.
Lucky for me it was the only one, mainly used as a display unit so i got it on a discount. Good upgrade but now i don't have space so i'm trying to get the orange sold. Hoping for someone who is really into guitar to buy it because honestly it sounds waayy too good to not be played.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 21st, 2019, 1:58 pm

Thanks Meccalli, the tone he has is real simple to make, the fine tuning I figured out afterwards was my tuning and pickup position.Now it sounding real bess.I modified it a bit to my own liking afterwards

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 24th, 2019, 6:19 pm

timelapse wrote:Thanks Meccalli, the tone he has is real simple to make, the fine tuning I figured out afterwards was my tuning and pickup position.Now it sounding real bess.I modified it a bit to my own liking afterwards

Nice, thread actually got me to pick up the axe and record something for a bit. Everything always falls apart when you press record but at least my soundcloud has something new lol.

https://soundcloud.com/meccalli/01-190324-1743a

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » March 26th, 2019, 8:18 am

Picked up a Chinese made Fender steel string acoustic yesterday...just to play covers at home with and keep the fingers active. The model is CD60 NAT. Not a bad buy at all. The reviews are spot on...not a studio or stage performance guitar but good for everything else.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 26th, 2019, 9:26 am

dawg that 10p17 finger stretch speed control! Nice!

meccalli wrote:Nice, thread actually got me to pick up the axe and record something for a bit. Everything always falls apart when you press record but at least my soundcloud has something new lol.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » March 29th, 2019, 10:34 pm

https://soundcloud.com/codesixit/custom-tone
Nothing fancy here , just a tone test

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 31st, 2019, 10:56 am

maj. tom wrote:dawg that 10p17 finger stretch speed control! Nice!

meccalli wrote:Nice, thread actually got me to pick up the axe and record something for a bit. Everything always falls apart when you press record but at least my soundcloud has something new lol.

I tapped it lol. I'm terrible with economy picking because I never started learning with it. Will have to retrain myself (bad habits die hard) to play it as marty does.

timelapse wrote:https://soundcloud.com/codesixit/custom-tone

What gear are you using? I've always preferred a somewhat clean amp/slighty dirty driven with pedal distortion. Cheaper amps in particular aren't known for the best sounding gain. Using something like a ds-1 or an mxr distortion + can make the cheapest amp sound remarkably good.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 1st, 2019, 9:17 am

meccalli wrote:
maj. tom wrote:dawg that 10p17 finger stretch speed control! Nice!

I tapped it lol. I'm terrible with economy picking because I never started learning with it. Will have to retrain myself (bad habits die hard) to play it as marty does.

timelapse wrote:https://soundcloud.com/codesixit/custom-tone

What gear are you using? I've always preferred a somewhat clean amp/slighty dirty driven with pedal distortion. Cheaper amps in particular aren't known for the best sounding gain. Using something like a ds-1 or an mxr distortion + can make the cheapest amp sound remarkably good.

Ibanez GIO 6 string - Dropped C tuning
Ernie Ball Custom gauge strings
Zoom G1 ON Multi effects - cheap but sounds good ( I can pm you the exact settings I am using )
Roland M16 Edirol USB mixer

Amps
Roland sound cube
Fender Multi Channel PA amp ( I use it mostly for the spring reverb it has)

Cabs
Custom Single 12" Sealed
Custom 4x8 Open back

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”