Forums

The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

meccalli
punchin NOS

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby meccalli » April 21st, 2017, 7:37 pm

bluefete wrote: So Paul described his experiences in the only way that he had at hand. His point was not to tell us how many levels of heaven there might really be. His point was to tell us that he had powerfully encountered the presence of God, in fact that he had physically seen the risen Christ.

Yep, it's appropriate language. It also gives Paul the claim of the classic theophany that all the major prophets had, eg. Moses on Sinai and Elijah at Horeb. He could lay claim to it for credence and spoke of himself in third person. The chronology fits the narrative of the trance in the temple he falls into in Acts 22, the other less likely view is him having an nde after being stoned (literally lol).

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 21st, 2017, 7:41 pm

7 heavens

HSA
Riding on 17's

Postby HSA » April 21st, 2017, 9:49 pm

megadoc1 wrote:
HSA wrote:this puzzles me....please clarify briefly as i did
that's your problem right there,you were brief because you ignore lots of stuff right where you grab the very stuff that puzzles you .the issue comes from your Muslim worldview and what they teach ,concerning what puzzles you,there is nothing that can be said to help you understand, unless you abandon the corrupt information you gathered from those who spoke on what puzzles you now

All that said and still u didnt clarify anything....i am asking for info..not opposing any1..

Yes the views i have make me think a particular way but that doesnt mean i am not open to new concepts..

So again...can som1 clarify this??

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » April 21st, 2017, 10:09 pm

HSA wrote:
megadoc1 wrote:
that's your problem right there,you were brief because you ignore lots of stuff right where you grab the very stuff that puzzles you .the issue comes from your Muslim worldview and what they teach ,concerning what puzzles you,there is nothing that can be said to help you understand, unless you abandon the corrupt information you gathered from those who spoke on what puzzles you now

All that said and still u didnt clarify anything....i am asking for info..not opposing any1..

Yes the views i have make me think a particular way but that doesnt mean i am not open to new concepts..

Let me try although i have said it many times before. Trying to explain the mystery of the scriptures to an unbeliever is difficult because he is not born again. Read the following verse:

1 Corinthians 2:14 KJVS
[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.

The natural man here refers to all unbelievers. Hence when us believers speak or quote from the bible you would say that it is foolishness, or it doh make sense. And ur right. It doh make sense to YOU, the natural minded man.

What unbelievers dont grasp as well is this: God says believe me and i will show you. However, stubborn man wants God to show him to believe. It jus doesnt work that way. The next statement the unbeliever will make is " you want me to believe in foolishness?" And that's where the conflict lies and many go astray.

So, i hope you understand. Trying to explain the mystery of Godliness would be hard for you to grasp. Read the following verse:

1 Timothy 3:16 KJVS
[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Now God knows ur heart. So if u really wanna know the truth, he will reveal it to you, but if you on games, you will never understand and settle for all your worldly understanding.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 21st, 2017, 10:23 pm

christianity: 1+1+1=1
islam: 1 iz one... strengt and powahz.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 22nd, 2017, 5:59 am

bluefete wrote:
matr1x wrote:I love when the religious try to adopt science to fit into their delusional fantasy.

They call it metaphor, I call it bs

That is because you do not understand that people of ancient times did not use the terms we use today.

It is not a question of religion adopting science but science proving religion.

For example, it is said that the theory of gravity was not 'discovered' until the 1600's by Isaac Newton.

But long before that, the Bible mentioned the earth being hung out in space. No science, per se, but very accurate, nonetheless.

While that's a bit of a stretch, I get what you are trying to say. But please know you are wrong. Cherry picking and saying "ah ha! They might of had an observation about one thing therefore the whole book is true" is utter nonsense.

Not saying that ancient people would not have made observation that could one day form the fundamental of gravity, but a flaky mention of an object hung (which is wrong to begin with) doesn't mean the whole thing is legitimate.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 22nd, 2017, 6:56 am

HSA wrote:jesus was sent by the father right??

why worship the son when you can worship the father?

then the father, son and holy ghost are one??

if the father sent jesus and he does miracles by him, then did jesus send himself to die for your sins??

if he did send himself then who was watching heaven, managing death/life etc. while he was on earth??

this puzzles me....please clarify briefly as i did

or is it you think you have to go through jesus to reach the father??

if so then muslims have a higher level of spirituality than christians...they worship the lord directly...

And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
Yeshua said to them, “When you pray, you shall say thus: 'Our Father, who are in Heaven' Luke 11

Jesus taught his disciples to pray to God. Jesus receives worship in the same way that the king who is God's messiah on earth does, moreso with Christ who has been given all authority by God for his work.

And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king. 1 Chronicles 29:20

We can however come to a holy God in our sins because of the intermediary that Jesus now is which is how the tradition of praying in his name developed. It's asking Christ to take our requests to his father as his own, so that through his righteousness, that our prayer might be known.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 1 John 2:1

timelapse wrote:Christianity- A retold story about Mithra.Plagiarism at its best IMO

Peter Joseph lied so much in zeitgeist, he couldn't even respond to criticism by actual historians who actually knew what they were talking about, of course the herd mentality and ignorant atheists were gladly swallowing it down with their eyes closed, and evidently still are.

sMASH wrote:Platonic philosophy: 1+1+1=1

This revelation has made it certain that two and one make three, and that one is not three nor can three be one. We can never be so certain of any prophecy, or the fulfillment of any prophecy, or of any miracle, or the design of any miracle, as we are from the revelation of nature, i. e., Nature’s God, that two and two are equal to four. Miracles or prophecies might frighten us out of our wits; might scare us to death; might induce us to lie, to say that we believe that two and two make five. But we should not believe it. We should know the contrary.
Had you and I been forty days with Moses on Mount Sinai, and been admitted to behold the divine Shekinah, and there told that one was three and three one, we might not have had courage to deny it, but we could not have believed it.
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson
QUINCY, September 14, 1813

It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one…
Jefferson to John Adams.
Monticello, August 22, 1813.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 22nd, 2017, 9:43 am

meccalli wrote:
HSA wrote:jesus was sent by the father right??

why worship the son when you can worship the father?

then the father, son and holy ghost are one??

if the father sent jesus and he does miracles by him, then did jesus send himself to die for your sins??

if he did send himself then who was watching heaven, managing death/life etc. while he was on earth??

this puzzles me....please clarify briefly as i did

or is it you think you have to go through jesus to reach the father??

if so then muslims have a higher level of spirituality than christians...they worship the lord directly...

And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
Yeshua said to them, “When you pray, you shall say thus: 'Our Father, who are in Heaven' Luke 11

Jesus taught his disciples to pray to God. Jesus receives worship in the same way that the king who is God's messiah on earth does, moreso with Christ who has been given all authority by God for his work.

And David said to all the congregation, Now bless the LORD your God. And all the congregation blessed the LORD God of their fathers, and bowed down their heads, and worshipped the LORD, and the king. 1 Chronicles 29:20

We can however come to a holy God in our sins because of the intermediary that Jesus now is which is how the tradition of praying in his name developed. It's asking Christ to take our requests to his father as his own, so that through his righteousness, that our prayer might be known.

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate before the Father--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 1 John 2:1

timelapse wrote:Christianity- A retold story about Mithra.Plagiarism at its best IMO

Peter Joseph lied so much in zeitgeist, he couldn't even respond to criticism by actual historians who actually knew what they were talking about, of course the herd mentality and ignorant atheists were gladly swallowing it down with their eyes closed, and evidently still are.

sMASH wrote:Platonic philosophy: 1+1+1=1

This revelation has made it certain that two and one make three, and that one is not three nor can three be one. We can never be so certain of any prophecy, or the fulfillment of any prophecy, or of any miracle, or the design of any miracle, as we are from the revelation of nature, i. e., Nature’s God, that two and two are equal to four. Miracles or prophecies might frighten us out of our wits; might scare us to death; might induce us to lie, to say that we believe that two and two make five. But we should not believe it. We should know the contrary.
Had you and I been forty days with Moses on Mount Sinai, and been admitted to behold the divine Shekinah, and there told that one was three and three one, we might not have had courage to deny it, but we could not have believed it.
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson
QUINCY, September 14, 1813

It is too late in the day for men of sincerity to pretend they believe in the Platonic mysticisms that three are one, and one is three; and yet that the one is not three, and the three are not one…
Jefferson to John Adams.
Monticello, August 22, 1813.

Compared to a belief where its one and only book corroborates itself?You want to talk about herd mentality?Don't Christians describe themselves as sheep?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 22nd, 2017, 10:26 am

timelapse wrote:You want to talk about herd mentality?

I know I'd hit a nerve with that one, ironic isn't it?

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » April 22nd, 2017, 3:04 pm

timelapse wrote:
Compared to a belief where its one and only book corroborates itself?
actually its multiple books ,atleast make an attempt to educate your self on the matter nah

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 22nd, 2017, 6:17 pm

Actually. The Quran confirms both the story of Jesus and all the prophets that came before him leading up to him and the reason.

With the quran now? There's no other religion's book that corroborates that Allah recognized Muhammad as a prophet.

So as it turns out, in that regard. The quran is the one muslims rely on a book that corroborates itself regarding muhammad.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 22nd, 2017, 6:42 pm

correct. except, he was a historical figure, being engaged in business, politics, and war, there were some details of various undertakings remaining till today.

there were two notable foretelling of his coming in the the bible and the hindu texts.

i can remember that the bible foretold that one is to come after jesus, like unto moses. many of the life details of both prophets were similar. i cant remember if that contained the detail that the one to come is the 'comforter' or if its another verse which has it, but the 'comforter' or the one to come was assumed to be the holy ghost. but the holy ghost was already there, so it technically cannot be yet to come... if u here already that would mean u would be coming again, not yet to come.
the english word 'comforter' wasnt the best translation from the greek. the orginal greek word that they got 'comforter' from, more represents muhammed (pbuh)

the hindu texts spoke of a man from the lands with sands, being called the praiseworthy.. muhammad means the praise worthy.
or is it ahmad.. but both names were used for him... as he fulfilled both qualities any way.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 22nd, 2017, 7:04 pm

sMASH wrote:correct. except, he was a historical figure, being engaged in business, politics, and war, there were some details of various undertakings remaining till today.

there were two notable foretelling of his coming in the the bible and the hindu texts.

i can remember that the bible foretold that one is to come after jesus, like unto moses. many of the life details of both prophets were similar. i cant remember if that contained the detail that the one to come is the 'comforter' or if its another verse which has it, but the 'comforter' or the one to come was assumed to be the holy ghost. but the holy ghost was already there, so it technically cannot be yet to come... if u here already that would mean u would be coming again, not yet to come.
the english word 'comforter' wasnt the best translation from the greek. the orginal greek word that they got 'comforter' from, more represents muhammed (pbuh)

the hindu texts spoke of a man from the lands with sands, being called the praiseworthy.. muhammad means the praise worthy.
or is it ahmad.. but both names were used for him... as he fulfilled both qualities any way.

Hardly

The comforter in John 14 is the Holy Spirit. Here is what he said.

If you wish to consider yourself a true follwer and believer you will follow his advice on the way to achieve the kingdom of God. And that while you are on that path and showing dilligence, the father will send a 'helper'/comforter. The Spirit of Truth(Holy Spirit). The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you will know him for he lives with you and IN YOU.

If you want Muhammad to live in you that is your choice. But this spirit is meant as a guide to all who are following the path.

I can speak from personal experience. His spirit comes and teaches you things day in day out, guides your life choices, builds faith and trust and obedience. Holding your hand through life and spiritual tests in life. and when you have done it all as required and reached the pinnacle, God fills you with that spirit. When you gain the Holy spirit it stays with you all day every day and night and never leaves. You feel it in you 24/7. It is like water, flowing through the body. And that is what it feels like. Like your whole body all the flesh is just a container for some kind of water that can pass through matter. But you feel it passing.. pressure, force and currents within currents.

That is what he talking about.

Most important thing to note though is that man cant name prophets. Man doesnt get to choose that. Could be billion ppl VOTE that someone should be a prophet and they may not be by God. Allah has to name Muhammad as a prophet. Nobody else.
Neither the church. All the men they name saints may not be named saints by God. And many men who are never named and were never named by the church or the pope, were saints by God.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 22nd, 2017, 7:13 pm

matr1x wrote:
bluefete wrote:
matr1x wrote:I love when the religious try to adopt science to fit into their delusional fantasy.

They call it metaphor, I call it bs

That is because you do not understand that people of ancient times did not use the terms we use today.

It is not a question of religion adopting science but science proving religion.

For example, it is said that the theory of gravity was not 'discovered' until the 1600's by Isaac Newton.

But long before that, the Bible mentioned the earth being hung out in space. No science, per se, but very accurate, nonetheless.

While that's a bit of a stretch, I get what you are trying to say. But please know you are wrong. Cherry picking and saying "ah ha! They might of had an observation about one thing therefore the whole book is true" is utter nonsense.

Not saying that ancient people would not have made observation that could one day form the fundamental of gravity, but a flaky mention of an object hung (which is wrong to begin with) doesn't mean the whole thing is legitimate.

Unless, God gives you the understanding, you would not understand.

KJV: Isaiah 40:

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

This in a time when the church and others used to tell people that the earth was flat!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 22nd, 2017, 8:39 pm

bluesclues wrote:
sMASH wrote:correct. except, he was a historical figure, being engaged in business, politics, and war, there were some details of various undertakings remaining till today.

Hardly

The comforter in John 14 is the Holy Spirit. Here is what he said.

If you wish to consider yourself a true follwer and believer you will follow his advice on the way to achieve the kingdom of God. And that while you are on that path and showing dilligence, the father will send a 'helper'/comforter. The Spirit of Truth(Holy Spirit). The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you will know him for he lives with you and IN YOU.

If you want Muhammad to live in you that is your choice. But this spirit is meant as a guide to all who are following the path.

I can speak from personal experience. His spirit comes and teaches you things day in day out, guides your life choices, builds faith and trust and obedience. Holding your hand through life and spiritual tests in life. and when you have done it all as required and reached the pinnacle, God fills you with that spirit. When you gain the Holy spirit it stays with you all day every day and night and never leaves. You feel it in you 24/7. It is like water, flowing through the body. And that is what it feels like. Like your whole body all the flesh is just a container for some kind of water that can pass through matter. But you feel it passing.. pressure, force and currents within currents.

That is what he talking about.

Most important thing to note though is that man cant name prophets. Man doesnt get to choose that. Could be billion ppl VOTE that someone should be a prophet and they may not be by God. Allah has to name Muhammad as a prophet. Nobody else.
Neither the church. All the men they name saints may not be named saints by God. And many men who are never named and were never named by the church or the pope, were saints by God.

muhammmad was referred to as the trustworthy, because of his trustworthiness, his honesty in dealing. even his enemies did not bother to investigate any statements that came from him because of they were accustomed to him being truthful.

thats ur spirit of truth right there.

couple that with the the 'comforter' word coming from the 'paracleton' where 'aide, companion, helper, intercessor' were more appropriate words to use, because he brought the quran which is the guide to how to live life.

and also couple it with the characteristics of jesus, and muhammad (pbut) in closer resemblance to moses...

your holy spirit was there already, and doesn't have to come again. the spirit of truth is the guidance delivered by seal of the prophets, muhammad (pbuh) in the form of the quran and sunnah.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 22nd, 2017, 8:57 pm

u take so much of the bible words to be literal,when the source of the bible spake in so much parables...

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 22nd, 2017, 9:34 pm

sMASH wrote:u take so much of the bible words to be literal,when the source of the bible spake in so much parables...

Yu wuld hardly be accusing me of making the mistake of misinterpretation. God has given me the gift of understanding to teach. He has awarded me the spirit to see all truth. To know all spiritual truth. Once i see a writing i would know whether it is of God or whether it is of man. Or even if it is of a highly develped man close to attaining but not yet fully attained.

You can believe the things i say or reject it. But in this.. God/Allah has given me authority to speak on all matters of the spirit. Because all belong to him. Not any particular religion or group of people.

There is not a spiritual writing that i cannot comprehend its true message. Not in the west, nor in the east, nor anywhere in-between. All is made naked and bare to me.

My search is over. I am helping you who are still searching. I have removed the wool from my own eye first and now i am a disciple of God. All of you who come to me and ask i shall answer and not hide things from you or they remain shrouded in mystery. To me was revealed all the mysteries.

Hard to believe that God would choose a trini? But he only has to decide upon a matter and it is so.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 22nd, 2017, 10:05 pm

i accusing u of talking out ur arse.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby bluesclues » April 22nd, 2017, 11:01 pm

sMASH wrote:i accusing u of talking out ur arse.

Well.. suit urself. i would have to be rather bold to be a fraud saying the things i say. but either way, what you believe may have no bearing on reality. i advise you even if you dont believe, to remember my words. if it takes man 30,000 years from now to reach the destination. then 30,000 years from now they will look back and say 'bluesclues spoke the truth'.

you will see. my place at the side of God is already reserved. i have been called there and i am there now still. i have seen. and i have come back to teach and answer ANY questions on the interpretations of spiritual text of religions both modern.. AND ANCIENT. before.. like you all, i would read and struggle. but now there is no more struggle. God has given me full clarity and i know the Spirit of God... personally! this is my testimony.. with God as my witness may i burn a thousand times and my soul be snuffed out should i be fabricating my status.

believe or dont believe. i am not here to cram anything down your throat. if you ask my guidance i will give it. you take it or leave it as it comes.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 23rd, 2017, 4:52 am

self praise is no praise.

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » April 23rd, 2017, 8:37 am

HSA wrote:
megadoc1 wrote:

HSA ,check this out if you really want to learn what Christians believe so you can have a better understanding of it.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » April 24th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Some speak in parables, I say they speak parrot bottom

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » April 24th, 2017, 7:52 pm

matr1x wrote:Some speak in parables, I say they speak parrot bottom
I guess you are that important huh?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 25th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Yet the bible itself condemns prophesies, much less from Hindus that they would have considered as evildoers..

Deuteronomy 18:10-13
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God,

Deuteronomy 18:9-12
“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

2 Kings 21:6
And he burned his son as an offering and used fortune-telling and omens and dealt with mediums and with necromancers. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking him to anger.

Shall I go on?

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » April 25th, 2017, 2:50 pm

The name of Muhammad in the Bible was Ahmad which they "erased". The "Comforter" in John 14:16 ...well it's actually "another" comforter. The word was translated Paraclete but another close translation arranging the vowels would be Ahmad, the praised one!

So how many are there? and if it is the Holy Spirit which is part of GOD then the Trinity is mathematically incorrect. It should be at least four instead of three.

There are narrations dating back 1400+ yrs ago when the Jews were reading their scripture and they placed their finger on the word "Ahmad" that was written.

No one here can doubt that the Bible has been tampered with...

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 25th, 2017, 3:14 pm

York wrote:The name of Muhammad in the Bible was Ahmad which they "erased". The "Comforter" in John 14:16 ...well it's actually "another" comforter. The word was translated Paraclete but another close translation arranging the vowels would be Ahmad, the praised one!

So how many are there? and if it is the Holy Spirit which is part of GOD then the Trinity is mathematically incorrect. It should be at least four instead of three.

There are narrations dating back 1400+ yrs ago when the Jews were reading their scripture and they placed their finger on the word "Ahmad" that was written.

Still does not fit.

Take note that in christianity paraclete is usually used to refer to the Holy Spirit. You claiming they changed a name and replaced it to remove Muhammad is one wild aspersion.

The correlation is where Allah says he will send the Spirit of Inspiration as a helper to man.

This way you see the highlighted role has already been assigned to the Holy Spirit.

This helper must be eternal. It cannot be dead. Because followers today must be able to receive help from this assigned 'helper'. The helper's role is to provide guidance to man along the path to redemption. This role belongs to the Holy Spirit, which will help your children and grandchildren for all generations of the earth.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 25th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Surah 40:15
"Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting."

This is repeated in both bible and Quran. One God.. many peoples. Be wary of the path whoever taught you has you following. The Quran nor bible is not a biased book. They are meant for all men to find guidance in finding God.

Remember what I said. The level of sin in one's heart is the level of corruption in spiritual understanding they will gain. If there is a bias it will affect what is perceived.

Basically what these both say is..

Once you pickup 'faith' and becme a believer trying to follow the path. To face the inner struggle(jihad) on the road to redemption. Allah/God will send a helper to aid you. This helper operates intuitively and through mystical communication to guide your choices and provide 'conscience' to your actions and decisions.

Furthermore.. anyone who takes up the mantle of doing the right thing to please Allah, lives with honor, seeks unity and peace and not division and murder, Believes in the one God and his messengers will also be considered a Helper. This is to face the struggles of life without losing a pure heart of love for God's living creation. To endure evil perpetrated on you unwarranted. To forgive, to overlook. To suffer poverty yet not rob and kill. To have Faith and follow the straight path. THIS is the struggle.

Anyone can spend money being rich. But who can endure suffering for Allah being poor, yet do the right thing always. See. This is the hardest thing for man to do.
Last edited by bluesclues on April 25th, 2017, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » April 25th, 2017, 3:41 pm

timelapse wrote:Shall I go on?

Yes please, it's immensely humorous to watch persons quote answers while proposing problems. For brilliant atheists, you'd think the general idea of comprehension and word definitions wouldn't trouble them.

York wrote:The name of Muhammad in the Bible was Ahmad which they "erased". The "Comforter" in John 14:16 ...well it's actually "another" comforter. The word was translated Paraclete but another close translation arranging the vowels would be Ahmad, the praised one!

Clearly, it's copies of copies of copies with each translator trying to make sense of the preceding manuscripts and sometimes introducing ideas through manipulation to suit their dogma, it's notoriously known that there are corruptions in several places in the new testament that are obvious and have been excluded in modern translations, the king james goes as far as to italicise text that has been manipulated by the translator.
Unfortunately, John 14:6 isn't one of them, Muslims like to make that argument to support Surah 61. The chronology of events debunks that idea. They received the promised spirit on Shavuot, 49 days after passover- muhammad missed the bus by 550 years.
The parakletos/ comforter/ advocate is the spirit of truth that proceeds from the father through which Christ is able to dwell in us. It's the conduit for him to come to us which is why he had to ascend in order that we might receive him.

It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper [parakletos] will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you."

A little while, and you will not see me; and again a little while, and you will see me, because I go to the Father."

York
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby York » April 25th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Agreed there are many variables and theories but the bible was not preserved in its entirety. Muslims agree that Jesus (on him be peace) was taken up to GOD alive and will return to fulfill his time on Earth as well as other important major events / roles. To be worshipped is not one of them. This is where we disagree. Christians have to understand that Allah (The Most High) is not a different god from their GOD The Father. Allah is the Creator, Lord, etc who has the right to be worshipped alone. Allah (arabic) = GOD (english)...

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » April 25th, 2017, 4:52 pm

It is indeed a spectacle to observe unbelievers attempting to unravel the mysteries of the gospel. Oh how the god of this world has blinded your minds....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”