TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » September 5th, 2009, 10:29 pm

UML wrote:..but i meant that how could a religious book be soo expensive...all the religious gods lived simple and were simple beings and fought for peace and love and somebpdy publishing a book about virtues and ethics and ting go charge $250 for a book of god...WTH man...have ah heart!!!

Ahem... what God hadda do with business ? :?

you want a free book ? It's called oral tradition.... or 'telephone'.... you know how that always turns out.

larafan

Postby larafan » September 5th, 2009, 10:48 pm

MG Man,

i think u should rephrase that to say that the idea of religion is a fallacy.....lieas to fool the weak at mind to social conformity...

i won't say that god doesn't exist...is religion is the one that is de dotish ting... :?

axe
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby axe » September 5th, 2009, 11:00 pm

I have been asked by several people why i believe in God...and my answer is always the same put him to the test. I was in the hospital with my son with dengue and the doctors told me that we have to stay probably four more days because our platelets count was low. I prayed this prayer:
"Jesus i believe in you....but why am i in this situation?...please if you are real then let me and my son get discharge tomorrow morning....i need a miracle right now"

to cut a long story short the next morning me and my son were discharged at the same time and we were in separate wards.

An you telling ME that God is a fallacy? Prove him then....nothing ridiculous...MG man (Kevin) i challenge you to say to God: make me so ill that i will need a miracle to be healed and then i will believe....

you'd never say that would you? :lol: :lol:

and i can give more examples in MY LIFE why he is real...just ask
Last edited by axe on September 6th, 2009, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » September 5th, 2009, 11:05 pm

MG Man wrote:based on either lies or man's inability to accept his own insignificance in this universe

and/ or reluctance/inability to accept responsibility for his actions.
Have to say i kinda agree with Larafan though,in that, i can't say there isn't a god,just that if there is, it,he, she,whatever! is FAR beyond even our comprehension and is not as simplistic as all religions make it seem.

bigga514
3NE 2NR for life

Postby bigga514 » September 5th, 2009, 11:14 pm

shogun wrote:
MG Man wrote:based on either lies or man's inability to accept his own insignificance in this universe

and/ or reluctance/inability to accept responsibility for his actions.
Have to say i kinda agree with Larafan though,in that, i can't say there isn't a god,just that if there is, it,he, she,whatever! is FAR beyond even our comprehension and is not as complex as all religions make it seem.
*fixed

X2

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » September 6th, 2009, 12:03 am

So do aliens pray to humans' god or some other alien god?

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » September 6th, 2009, 12:07 am

Why exactly MGMan personal info come into this discussion?

Peanut Punch
2NRholic

Postby Peanut Punch » September 6th, 2009, 3:25 am

the fridge fell on me when i was 5... not too sure if god has me here or it's just my karma to be here

btw, we have so many different religions, ...Who is' god? .... or is it that he's so much, larger than life itself that he's all the same, but just known by dfferent names to ppl... ? Just as a person can be known by different names & aliases to many? :idea:

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 6th, 2009, 6:05 am

larafan wrote:MG Man,

i think u should rephrase that to say that the idea of religion is a fallacy.....lieas to fool the weak at mind to social conformity...

i won't say that god doesn't exist...is religion is the one that is de dotish ting... :?

not talkin religion in this ched.........u wah me get lynch orrr?
the idea of god fail

RMSTTL
Street 2NR

He is real

Postby RMSTTL » September 6th, 2009, 6:19 am

God is not an idea. He is real. experiences with God too many to tell here. first time on march 18 1990 i was touched by Him and healed of a 18 yr drug addiction. tried stopping many times but always went back, de pipe does call real loud and long. well anyway i was driving through de coconut and had just finished a black cigg when i cried out to God to take this addiction away from me and i would do whatever He wanted, when i felt a warm tingling feeling spread from the top of my head througout my body. i knew without a doubt He had taken away my addiction in that instant. is now 19 years since He healed me. ppl can debate it all they want but I know He is real, more real than anything in this passing world. if u are interested in hearing more experiences pm me.

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: He is real

Postby Skanky » September 6th, 2009, 6:54 am

tfm34 wrote:God is not an idea. He is real. experiences with God too many to tell here. first time on march 18 1990 i was touched by Him and healed of a 18 yr drug addiction. tried stopping many times but always went back, de pipe does call real loud and long. well anyway i was driving through de coconut and had just finished a black cigg when i cried out to God to take this addiction away from me and i would do whatever He wanted, when i felt a warm tingling feeling spread from the top of my head througout my body. i knew without a doubt He had taken away my addiction in that instant. is now 19 years since He healed me. ppl can debate it all they want but I know He is real, more real than anything in this passing world. if u are interested in hearing more experiences pm me.

*does not pm*

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » September 6th, 2009, 8:08 am

My god..Vive

kiamotors

Postby kiamotors » September 6th, 2009, 11:11 am

I believe in GOD, because i have gone through so much crap in my life not to believe that there is a higher power.

If people don't believe in god or a higher power, or something that links you to a divine being then that is your choice.

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » September 6th, 2009, 11:33 am

why do god wants us to beg him all the time?
and sing his praises and worship him?
to satisfy his ego?
is he that full of himself?
an ego-tyrant is what he is!

He is always keeping watch over us..always seeing what you are doing...so god is ah maccomeh man?

also faith is good..but blind faith is bad!
God is a doubt...how many of you have actually experienced him?
to put blind faith behind a doubt..what are you ...stupid?

calleocho
Street 2NR

Postby calleocho » September 6th, 2009, 12:18 pm

so do believe the devil is real?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » September 6th, 2009, 1:29 pm

MG Man wrote:I met him in a back alley............I stabbed him and he died.........

lmao! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 6th, 2009, 2:21 pm

calleocho wrote:so do believe the devil is real?

MG Man: I would love to see your comment on this question.

If God is not real, does the devil exist?

If not, then we and we alone are our own masters, right?

And if we are, how come our life span is so short? How come we cannot conspire to live forever? Is this too much to ask?

DFC: God does not want us to beg him. He has given us free will. But of course you do not believe that because God is a doubt to you.

calleocho
Street 2NR

Postby calleocho » September 6th, 2009, 2:31 pm

i really want to know wa DFC believe in cus everybody believe in something an doh say yuh self...... fuh sure we doh get up every mornin n say hip hip facking hurray n the world goes "round" .Dunno who tell u you hada beg him....

turbotustee

Postby turbotustee » September 6th, 2009, 3:34 pm

No wonder the world is the way it is...

Some of these comments are such a surprise to me.. i could understand folks doubting in the Creator for one reason or the other, but this that I am reading is... (shakes head in dis belief)

Strange thing though, when ever we are in trouble i'm sure that we all call out his name in some form or fashion....

This is sad... carry on..

turbotustee - signing off...

calleocho
Street 2NR

Postby calleocho » September 6th, 2009, 3:40 pm

wonder wen they in an extremely scary situation i wonder if they rely on logic?

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » September 6th, 2009, 3:43 pm

MG Man, your idea on God can be found in most sociology books, so who is to say that you are not fooled into thinking that way? Just looking at it from another perspective, not playing ethug.
Last edited by altec on September 6th, 2009, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 6th, 2009, 4:02 pm

calleocho wrote:wonder wen they in an extremely scary situation i wonder if they rely on logic?

bad argument - you are only proving them right since what you said claims man needs to believe there is a God because he fears that he is alone with no higher power to help him.
Last edited by Duane 3NE 2NR on September 6th, 2009, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitsubishi Maniac
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Mitsubishi Maniac » September 6th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Because he lives.....I can face tomorrow......

Thats the only truth I know.

My $0.20.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 6th, 2009, 4:40 pm

To Those Who Believe in God; No Explanation is Necessary. And To Those Who Do Not Believe in God; No Explanation is Possible.
- Author Unknown

MitsuM: Very well written. Worth much more than $0.20.

I wonder if MG, DFC et al are trying to take the Mickey out of this thread?

Humes
Shifting into 6th

Postby Humes » September 6th, 2009, 6:06 pm

I doh see the need for any side of this debate to antagonise the other.

That said, I doh see why it's so tough to understand why some people don't believe in God.

You're asking people to believe in something they can't observe with their senses. Something they can't interact with in any objective way. Something whose reaction can't be predicted or reasoned out. You wouldn't accept that about anything else...why expect them to accept it about God?

The only evidence being presented is subjective, personal anecdotes about feelings and experiences that you believe are supernatural. Not everyone has experienced these feelings. Why must people believe something based on someone else's personal experience?

If you really sat and thought about the way we're taught to believe in God, it would astound you. From before we're old enough to even understand the concept properly, we're taught to believe that something we can't perceive is there. Before we're old enough to understand properly, we're taught that not believing, not praying, not being part of the group, would result in us burning for all eternity.

I mean, for anything else, that would be seen as brainwashing on an epic scale.

All the philosophy and rhetoric and poetry and sayings are nice, but it boils down to one simple question: What's so surprising about people not believing in something for which they've been given absolutely no objective evidence?

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » September 6th, 2009, 6:13 pm

What people refer to as 'God' is a Eurocentric, Judo Christian illusion. It is colored by socialization, brainwashing and domination of Western worldviews over others.

kiamotors

Postby kiamotors » September 6th, 2009, 6:17 pm

People entitled to there own beliefs. There are many ppl who don't believe in god and others who do...

To argue about it is a big waste of time...

DFC
2NRholic

Postby DFC » September 6th, 2009, 6:19 pm

i dont believe in the devil...

lol..i hardly believe in god..why should i believe in the devil?
if god exists then the existence of the devil doesnt make god all powerful...and then...if he aint all powerful..he isnt god.

when sheit happens to me....i bawl out FCUK!! or MAAA!!!

and think of it logically..how many of you can safely say God exists?...how many of you have experienced him?
To know god is to become god..isnt it?

i exist..and you exist..i live in real world..real tings happen...
i believe in my self..and rely and depend on MYself.
wen i wake up in the morning..i'm glad i'm still alive..
we are all human beings..and all intelligent beings..
i believe that we are all innately good...and that religion confines us and segregates us as human beings..
all wars and all trouble in this world is caused by religion and the belief that our god is better that your god..

go read..buddha or Zoroaster..or some other books beside you religious texts.

as john lennon says...

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 6th, 2009, 6:22 pm

TrinbagoMan wrote:What people refer to as 'God' is a Eurocentric, Judo Christian illusion. It is colored by socialization, brainwashing and domination of Western worldviews over others.

are you saying Jesus was a black man? :o

TrinbagoMan
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby TrinbagoMan » September 6th, 2009, 6:43 pm

No, my argument is not that simplistic, (though it could be rightly argued that the first person to realise themself in relation to the universe was an African person)

What i am saying is that our conception of 'God' (as well as many many other things) have been created and shaped within a very specific historical experience that socializes all of us in a certain way. Judeo Christian ideals and a general European worldview has been at the center of the creation of our societies and how we think. It is not only Christians who have been affected by the dominance of Judeo Christianity but also Muslims, Hindus, non-Christians.. even atheists.

The process by which people came to have these dominant Christian or 'God' concepts are filled with genocide, torture, forced conversion, starvation, conquest, deceit, colonialism and other strategies of European expansionism. Thus, the ideas, concepts, framework we inherited around 'God' generally did not come through deep expereince, reason or from equitable input, but rather through brute force and socialization.

My view is that people need to look at alternative non Western/non Christian perspectives and other bits of history to understand how we came to have various beliefs and worldviews.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”