The Religion Discussion

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eitech
punchin NOS

Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby eitech » September 18th, 2016, 11:02 am

brainchild wrote:
eitech wrote:Yes u r a fool. Lol, same mankind who disobeyed God in the first place expecting to improve the world by still rejecting God. Ha! What a joke!

What difference does it make if his intention is not to bring peace on earth, i have no need for a life after this one. I don't live with the fear you do.

Lol. this goes to show u truly don't have a clue but you quoting from the scriptures. I don't live in fear.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJVS
[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I only fear for those who reject God.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » September 18th, 2016, 11:08 am

@bluesclues...this is my point, if your God was present and offering an alternative then i can see people jumping on the bandwagon, but when the only book around about him speaks of atrocities we would not condone now, what is the reason for following? A ridiculous promise to be fulfilled after my death?

Yes science has opened the door for many weapons, but we only use these weapons against eachother because of the division that exists through religion, racism etc. If we could somehow put these things aside and work on laws that promote sensible management of resources, lawbreakers etc. then mankind would be on the road to something resembling peace.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » September 18th, 2016, 11:12 am

@eitech Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge...Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

Proverbs 14:26 - In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Job 28:28 - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that [is] wisdom; and to depart from evil [is] understanding.

Psalms 33:8 - Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

There's more if you like

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby bluesclues » September 18th, 2016, 11:12 am

brainchild wrote:@bluesclues...those were children who taunted the man with his bald head, just children being children. Also, you all are the ones defending ancient evil doers not me. I'm saying lets call a spade a spade, no matter how many seas he claim to part or walk on.

What did he do to deserve them ganging up on him. Wasnt he at peace in his way going about his business for God? As unfair as their attacks were, didnt they enjoy the unfairness? Then if unfairness is a good practice then feel unfairness. Whatever you promote be directed back at you and you have no recourse to lament.

When a bully picks on those 2 feet shorter than him, isnt it justified that a someone 2 feet taller than the bully intervene? In as much as his advantage causes additional torment to those smaller than him or less in number than him. He revels in his unfair advantage. Then if this is a thing of joy, then may he be also subject to the way of the unfair advantage.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » September 18th, 2016, 11:17 am

brainchild wrote:@eitech Proverbs 1:7 - The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge...Proverbs 8:13 - The fear of the LORD [is] to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

Proverbs 14:26 - In the fear of the LORD [is] strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Job 28:28 - And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that [is] wisdom; and to depart from evil [is] understanding.

Psalms 33:8 - Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

There's more if you like

LMAO. You have officially gone mad. hahaha. Clearly you didnt read those verses thoroughly.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » September 18th, 2016, 11:18 am

bluesclues wrote:
brainchild wrote:@bluesclues...those were children who taunted the man with his bald head, just children being children. Also, you all are the ones defending ancient evil doers not me. I'm saying lets call a spade a spade, no matter how many seas he claim to part or walk on.

What did he do to deserve them ganging up on him. Wasnt he at peace in his way going about his business for God? As unfair as their attacks were, didnt they enjoy the unfairness? Then if unfairness is a good practice then feel unfairness. Whatever you promote be directed back at you and you have no recourse to lament.

When a bully picks on those 2 feet shorter than him, isnt it justified that a someone 2 feet taller than the bully intervene? In as much as his advantage causes additional torment to those smaller than him or less in number than him. He revels in his unfair advantage. Then if this is a thing of joy, then may he be also subject to the way of the unfair advantage.

Children taunting an adult...a prophet of God no less? why didn't he sit them down and share the "word"? are you really justifying a man using the "power of the Lord" to cause the death of 42 children?

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » September 18th, 2016, 11:21 am

@eitech...fear and respect are not interwined son, no matter what "pastor" tell you.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » September 18th, 2016, 11:28 am

brainchild wrote:@bluesclues...this is my point, if your God was present and offering an alternative then i can see people jumping on the bandwagon, but when the only book around about him speaks of atrocities we would not condone now, what is the reason for following? A ridiculous promise to be fulfilled after my death?

Yes science has opened the door for many weapons, but we only use these weapons against eachother because of the division that exists through religion, racism etc. If we could somehow put these things aside and work on laws that promote sensible management of resources, lawbreakers etc. then mankind would be on the road to something resembling peace.

Thats what u say. But it still, comes from a position of ignorance. Do human beings do anything consistently? Do u love and appreciate those close to u consistently? Or do we take eachother for granted? When God was among men they still took him for granted. So he dealt only with those who were interested, and did whatever he had to to clear the way for them to rise up. He defended them when they could not defend themselves from what was out there. He made them strong, powerful and overcoming of all obstacles.

Again, u dont run someone from your house, ignore them when they visit etc and expect them to come back? For what, more abuse? No u have to go to them, apologize and endeavour to be a better person towards them and then, maybe theyll start hanging out with you again.

Because of what men have done, God has abandoned those who dont care and is present to varying levels to those who seek and want to know him. For the same reason he only rewards on an individual basis now, he only punishes on an individual basis. U are responsible for urself and ur choice of actions. Even if ur in a group, u will be counted on by your contribution to the group's wickedness. Each will carry his own weight wickedness for judgement.

You sound like a fool, standing up in the court to say to the judge ' i dont recognize your authority', yet, whatever sentence that judge hands down, you will serve, and u cannot get out of serving it. Makes no difference if u walk in and sentence yourself to death with pride and courage. Both types of deathrow inmate die, the crying one or the brave and the laughing one.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » September 18th, 2016, 11:41 am

brainchild wrote:@eitech...fear and respect are not interwined son, no matter what "pastor" tell you.

There you go again with the assumptions.
Quoting from a book you dont believe in
Quoting out of context
Assuming i listen to a pastor
Assuming i belong to a religion

Ur a true Bill Nye indeed.

But ur arguments degrading. You starting to think u understand the scriptures and quoting more and more. i suspect something is eating at your very conscience. say what, all hope is lost when you die and reject Christ. Ur still alive, gospel hardened but there is still hope for you....

2 Peter 3:9 KJVS
[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance.

Strange you dont see these verses.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » September 18th, 2016, 11:42 am

bluesclues wrote:You sound like a fool, standing up in the court to say to the judge ' i dont recognize your authority', yet, whatever sentence that judge hands down, you will serve, and u cannot get out of serving it. Makes no difference if u walk in and sentence yourself to death with pride and courage. Both types of deathrow inmate die, the crying one or the brave and the laughing one.

Well if the judge is invisible and silent and his imaginary "rulings" take place after i live a full life and die like anyone else would...what does it matter? This is a discussion on the philosophy of the bibles' teachings, at the end of the day i don't believe in this being, so whether i quote your scripture to illustrrate a point, ask a question or state a position, this has no affect on my life. Just the same as you using points from the gita or quran. I simply like presenting food for thought and understanding how you guys rationalize this nonsense. Thought we understood that

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » September 18th, 2016, 11:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxSeiqyGXQ

Did any of you actually watch this? what were your thoughts?

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby bluesclues » September 18th, 2016, 11:50 am

brainchild wrote:
bluesclues wrote:

Children taunting an adult...a prophet of God no less? why didn't he sit them down and share the "word"? are you really justifying a man using the "power of the Lord" to cause the death of 42 children?

Again. It was a different time. Killing children wasnt as taboo as it is now to a more spiritually evolved human race. And as i said, the prophets were allowed to 'curse' heathens. Had you been alive in that time and even a babylonian, caananites, ud have already done ur fair share of child killing and raping. And noone in ur community would look at your sideways for it. In fact, they would probably all be wanting ur autograph.

Am i condoning it? Yes. For that time period. It was a way of life that could not be avoided. For God's purpose and reason in defending his prophets.

Today, is it taboofor u to kill a baby scorpion that is trying to kill your child? They are more dangerous than the adult. What about a wild baby raccoon that runs into your house and pounces on u and bites when u catch it rummaging through your garbage? Will u shrug off the rabies and ignore it? A baby poisonous snake in your yard or kitchen window? When these things attack you without provocation, do you say to urself, 'it is just a child, leave it be'? Were hit 5 baby lions and u live near a border to the jungle where they live. When they surround you as u are taking an evening stroll minding ur business. Do u put ur gun and all weapons down and say to it 'i come in peace'. And they will go away? Or will they keep pushing to see how close they can get and if they will succeed at making a kill without their adults present? Unless u put a stop to it. If u had the power you would. But if you dont, ull probably just try to run, but obviously wouldnt escape and would get mauled.

Well, elisha had the power. He was peaceful in his way. And they sought provocation. They were an obstacle in his path, in a mission to do God's work to spread peace. They would hear nothing from him. As ignorant as wild animals. As wicked as their fathers. They got a dose of their own medicine.

I feel as much remorse for them as i do when a mass murderer gets put down by the police.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Religion Discussion

Postby bluesclues » September 18th, 2016, 12:10 pm

brainchild wrote:
bluesclues wrote:You sound like a fool, standing up in the court to say to the judge ' i dont recognize your authority', yet, whatever sentence that judge hands down, you will serve, and u cannot get out of serving it. Makes no difference if u walk in and sentence yourself to death with pride and courage. Both types of deathrow inmate die, the crying one or the brave and the laughing one.

Well if the judge is invisible and silent and his imaginary "rulings" take place after i live a full life and die like anyone else would...what does it matter? This is a discussion on the philosophy of the bibles' teachings, at the end of the day i don't believe in this being, so whether i quote your scripture to illustrrate a point, ask a question or state a position, this has no affect on my life. Just the same as you using points from the gita or quran. I simply like presenting food for thought and understanding how you guys rationalize this nonsense. Thought we understood that

Again the judge is invisible 'to you'. because YOU cannot see it, doesnt mean noone else can or ever could.

It matters if u threw away an opportunity to be able to live beyond the body. According to God, it is because u think that u will cease to exist, is why it is what you will get. But u will not be comforted to know that everyone will face the same fate. It may be just you, and your type. While others, live on.

crock101
3NE 2NR for life

Postby crock101 » September 22nd, 2016, 12:03 am

We could all be wrong....but really, what are the chances.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 30th, 2017, 10:03 am

Bump for a thread dead too long

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 30th, 2017, 10:11 am

This is why you have to be careful with propagating fake news. It turns into more than cult after too many people believe it.

Matthew (27:52-53) "The graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

Too bad historians cannot find any records of zombies anywhere, an event seen by many.

Christopher Hitchens wrote:I'll grant you that it would possible to track the pregnancy of the woman Mary who's mentioned about three times in the Bible and to show there was no male intervention in her life at all but yet she delivered herself of a healthy baby boy. I can say— I don't say that's impossible. Parthenogenesis is not completely unthinkable. It does not prove that his paternity is divine and it wouldn't prove that any of his moral teachings were thereby correct. Nor, if I was to see him executed one day and see him walking the streets the next, would that show that his father was God or his mother was a virgin or that his teachings were true, especially given the commonplace nature of resurrection at that time and place. After all, Lazarus was raised, never said a word about it. The daughter of Jairus was raised, didn't say a thing about what she'd been through. And the Gospels tell us that at the time of the crucifixion all the graves in Jerusalem opened and their occupants wandered around the streets to greet people. So it seems resurrection was something of a banality at the time. Not all of those people clearly were divinely conceived. So I'll give you all the miracles and you'll still be left exactly where you are now, holding an empty sack.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » March 30th, 2017, 10:41 am

eitech wrote:Bump for a thread dead too long

you could have waited for Easter Sunday

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 30th, 2017, 10:43 am

maj. tom wrote:This is why you have to be careful with propagating fake news. It turns into more than cult after too many people believe it.

Matthew (27:52-53) "The graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many."

Too bad historians cannot find any records of zombies anywhere, an event seen by many.

Christopher Hitchens wrote:I'll grant you that it would possible to track the pregnancy of the woman Mary who's mentioned about three times in the Bible and to show there was no male intervention in her life at all but yet she delivered herself of a healthy baby boy. I can say— I don't say that's impossible. Parthenogenesis is not completely unthinkable. It does not prove that his paternity is divine and it wouldn't prove that any of his moral teachings were thereby correct. Nor, if I was to see him executed one day and see him walking the streets the next, would that show that his father was God or his mother was a virgin or that his teachings were true, especially given the commonplace nature of resurrection at that time and place. After all, Lazarus was raised, never said a word about it. The daughter of Jairus was raised, didn't say a thing about what she'd been through. And the Gospels tell us that at the time of the crucifixion all the graves in Jerusalem opened and their occupants wandered around the streets to greet people. So it seems resurrection was something of a banality at the time. Not all of those people clearly were divinely conceived. So I'll give you all the miracles and you'll still be left exactly where you are now, holding an empty sack.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bible doesn't teach the concept of an immortal soul. A person who dies has no consciousness. As far as atheists are concerned, the Bible agrees that nothing happens when you die. It differs on the basis that life is as the result of inanimate material being made alive through an intangible power known as the ruach. Jairus' daughter would not have had any particular experience barring the effects of dmt prior to death such an in popular nde's.

"Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"

Resurrection has occurred not only in the new testament but in the books of the prophets in incidents involving Elijah. Simple resurrection from the dead means nothing. Lazarus and everyone else who was resurrected before and after Christ were resurrected unto death. They died again and rotted away. That's not in any way unique nor fulfils any prophecies.

Christ is called the firstborn from among the dead. Sounds contradictory if you don't realise he was the first to be resurrected unto eternal life and given a glorified body.
It's good he concedes the miracles because the promise of the spirit to Jesus' followers happen after his resurrection, allowing them to do the same miracles that he did (including raising the dead.)
Hitchens' ignorance of basic biblical concepts is blatantly obvious in that excerpt. Goes to show why you ought to at least understand what you intend to criticise at the expense of not looking completely foolish.

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses." -Acts 2:24

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » March 31st, 2017, 12:40 pm

U hardly make sense contradicting yourself with a passage that affirms the existence of the soul, and the ability of God to choose which souls he wishes to persist after death(prophets). Just like christ, such chosen, body may be destroyed but the soul lives.

But this is true. Unless God raises you up and opens thine eye, grants thee enoch, so that you may know and feel his spirit is with you always(the promise to his loyal servants), and if he does not do this upon your death, then yes, u are like the animals. Too low a level of consciousness to be granted perception of the heavenly realms on an intellectual scale such as the human intelligence can provide.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 31st, 2017, 2:09 pm

This lie has perpetuated through ignorance of foundational judaeo-christian theology that gets overlooked when people take Christ's parables literally without any regard for historical context.
A soul to the ancient hebrew was known as the nephesh. נֶפֶשׁ nephesh, neh'-fesh; from H5314; properly, a breathing creature,

The formula of a man is given in Genesis. Adam's body was composed of earth which upon receiving the breath of God was animated into life. And man became a living nephesh or soul. Contrastingly, a dead soul is a dead person.

Animals are the same, but the distinction you're making in the passage I quoted will be evident when you see it.
"And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature(nephesh/soul) after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."
This is where Solomon is searching for a distinction and why questions, "who knows whether the spirit of the beast goeth down?"
Because it was brought from the earth without God's direct intervention.

He reflects the same sentiment in another passage.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7
And by the Psalmist
His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;In that very day his thoughts perish. Psa 146.4

The spirit is the ruach רוּחַ רוּחַ rûwach, roo'-akh; a primitive root; properly, to blow, i.e. breathe;
It is in no way referring to some disembodied and personal yet immaterial being. That distinction does not exist in the realm of physical beings but non corporeal entities such as God or similarly created entities. I.e seraphim, cherubs, shedim etc.

It's the mystery that Paul describes in his letters and the need for it. Christ was the only person to be reborn into the spirit becoming a spirit being.
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' John 3:6
That is the hope of all Christians to receive the second birth and be translated into a spirit body.

The immortal soul is a Platonic idea enveloped in the Greco-roman philosopher's mind and his contempt for the physical attributes.
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Eze 18:4

The Soul that sins shall die. The living person that sins shall die. End of story.

Popular christian doctrine would have you blaspheme that scripture with the understanding, the person that sins will die, BUT his soul will go on living in some abstract state capable of thought and feeling. It's a lie used to perpetuate more lies about eternal torment, purgatory, abraham's bosom and the whole other bag of gnostic and platonic ideas that have no biblical precedence.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 31st, 2017, 4:13 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:Not feeling to read through the pages I missed. Can someone give me a brief summary?

Did anyone disprove my divinity as yet?
I wonder if I will get a reply now. Or are you guys still against answering questions directly?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 31st, 2017, 4:14 pm

Sounds familiar.

In islam we are taught there is the ruh and the naffs. One is the animal , base desires/ instincts that is with the physical body, it is the same thing in animals. U can refer to it ask ur animal instincts.
The next is u urself or ur spirit. It is what remains when u die, which transcends this realm and will exist in the next. This is the self that makes u different from the animals.

In the past when I had tried to discuss the little intricacies of how things are said to be arranged, the Christians tell me because jesus died and they don't need to follow the old testament. So they eat pork, drink wine, don't make sacrifices.
They are born again and not bound by the old abrahamic traditions.

Tell them about the new testament, and they say the bible is just a guide... and god put it inside u. It is what u feel when the holy spirit.

Is either u use the book, or get rid of it. Don't use it for some things, and then bypass it when u are shown things in it that are contrary to ur practise.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » March 31st, 2017, 4:58 pm

Slartibartfast wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:Not feeling to read through the pages I missed. Can someone give me a brief summary?

Did anyone disprove my divinity as yet?
I wonder if I will get a reply now. Or are you guys still against answering questions directly?

Well if u say u r God, i would have to obey ur instructions in any case.

2 Timothy 2:23 KJVS
[23] But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

And you who claim to be God would be disappointed if i disobeyed....

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 31st, 2017, 5:27 pm

sMASH wrote:Sounds familiar.

In islam we are taught there is the ruh and the naffs. One is the animal , base desires/ instincts that is with the physical body, it is the same thing in animals. U can refer to it ask ur animal instincts.
The next is u urself or ur spirit. It is what remains when u die, which transcends this realm and will exist in the next. This is the self that makes u different from the animals.
In the past when I had tried to discuss the little intricacies of how things are said to be arranged, the Christians tell me because jesus died and they don't need to follow the old testament. So they eat pork, drink wine, don't make sacrifices.

Tell them about the new testament, and they say the bible is just a guide... and god put it inside u. It is what u feel when the holy spirit.
Is either u use the book, or get rid of it. Don't use it for some things, and then bypass it when u are shown things in it that are contrary to ur practise.

ﭪﭫﭬﭭﭮﭯﭰﭱﭲﭳﭴﭵﭶﭷﭸﭹﭺﭻ
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
Surah Al-An'am [6:61]
And He is the subjugator over His servants, and He sends over you guardian-angels until, when death comes to one of you, Our messengers take him, and they do not fail [in their duties].

Couldn't be farther from Judaism, nothing of the sort occurs. There is no disembodied remnant of that person that exists past death.

The mosaic law was mediated under moses and dictated by blessings and curses which applied to the descendants of Abraham who bore the mark of that covenant.
A new covenant was prophesied to replace it.
"
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
This prophecy in jeremiah is quoted by the author in Hebrews as explains the new covenant mediated by Christ.

"But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second."

Moses' Law served it's purpose and has passed on.
In acts 15, the council rules against teaching Gentiles to keep mosaic law and circumcision.
"
And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved."
The deliberation by Peter.
Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."

The ruling"
Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood."
It's amazing people still flop around over dietary laws. If it were to be applied globally, several indigenous cultures would die of starvation and cease to exist. Those laws had a cultural and geographical context to serve the purpose of distinction from the other nations.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 31st, 2017, 6:37 pm

With respect to Judaism ur saying that at death, that is the end of the human?

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » March 31st, 2017, 7:06 pm

sMASH wrote:With respect to Judaism ur saying that at death, that is the end of the human?

Death is the end of that individual. The soul is the living person or creature.
The same thing an atheist would say, when you're dead, you're done. It's not what modern Judaism teaches however, it's the exegetical view of the writers of scripture.

trinicar
Riding on 13's

Postby trinicar » March 31st, 2017, 9:25 pm

EVERYBODY HAVE GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES.EVERYBODY HAS BOTH GOOD INTENTIONS AND BAD INTENTION AND ALSO A GOODSIDE AND AN EVIL SIDES ITS ALL ACCORDING TO D SITUATION AND D PPL WE ARE AROUND WIT BUT ITS NOT 4 ANY1 TO JUDGE US BCUZ WE GREW UP IN A BAD SOCIETYU OR FAMILY AND EVER1 AROUND US IS DOING CRIME SO DONT BELIEVE WRONGLY.SO IT DONT GIVE US A RITE TO TALK ABOUT THE MAGESTIC HOW WE WANT BCUZ WE WOKE UP IN D WRONG SIDE OF THE BED.IT IS WAT U MAKE OF D DAY IT IS WAT U MAKE OF D HOURS D SECONDS WHO U HELP FOR D DAY BCUZ WHETHER O NOT WE LIKE IT WE HV TO DIE SOMEDAY AND FACE HIM FOR EVERYTING WE SAY AND DO.WHETHER WE BELIVE O NOT HE'S THERE.ITS D SAME CREATOR WHO MADE YOU ME AND ALL OF US.WE JUS HV TO SEE HIM AS HE SUPPOSE TO B SEEN WIT ALL HIS ATTRIBUTES UNLIKE MEN,THAT IS WHY WE CANNOT UNDERSTAND BCUZ OF OUR LIMIT USAGE OF BRAIN 8%.THINK ABOUT DIS THERE ARE SOM PPL WHO NEVER SEE TERE MOTHER BCUZ SHE DIED WHILE GIVING BIRTH DOES DAT MEAN SHE NEVER EXIST.150YEARS AGO WHO WAS WALKING ON D FACE OF D EARTH IS NOW 6FT BELOW AND 100 YEARS FROM NOW WE WLDNT BE HERE.SO JUS LIKE WEN A PERSON WANT TO BECOME A DOCTOR HE GOES UWI TO STUDY THE COURSE AND SAME WAY A PERSON WANT TO BECOME A TEACHER HE GOES UTT TO STUDY.THERE ARE SOME PPL WHO LIKE IT AND SUM PPL AT D SAME TIME BAD TALK TEACHERS AND DOCTOR SO SAME WAY IF U WANT TO FIND OUT WHY WE ARE EXISTING HERE ON EARTH WAT IS OUR PURPOSE AND ORDER AND HOW WE CAN CONNECT TO OUR ALMIGHTY ONE SIMPLY SEEK KNOWLEDGE EVEN IF ITS 1 TIME FOR D WEEK OR MONTH.ATLEAST WE MADE AN ATTEMPT AND DATS WAT COUNT

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 1st, 2017, 12:40 am

meccalli wrote:This lie has perpetuated through ignorance of foundational judaeo-christian theology that gets overlooked when people take Christ's parables literally without any regard for historical context.
A soul to the ancient hebrew was known as the nephesh. נֶפֶשׁ nephesh, neh'-fesh; from H5314; properly, a breathing creature,

The formula of a man is given in Genesis. Adam's body was composed of earth which upon receiving the breath of God was animated into life. And man became a living nephesh or soul. Contrastingly, a dead soul is a dead person.

Animals are the same, but the distinction you're making in the passage I quoted will be evident when you see it.
"And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature(nephesh/soul) after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so."
This is where Solomon is searching for a distinction and why questions, "who knows whether the spirit of the beast goeth down?"
Because it was brought from the earth without God's direct intervention.

He reflects the same sentiment in another passage.

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7
And by the Psalmist
His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;In that very day his thoughts perish. Psa 146.4

The spirit is the ruach רוּחַ רוּחַ rûwach, roo'-akh; a primitive root; properly, to blow, i.e. breathe;
It is in no way referring to some disembodied and personal yet immaterial being. That distinction does not exist in the realm of physical beings but non corporeal entities such as God or similarly created entities. I.e seraphim, cherubs, shedim etc.

It's the mystery that Paul describes in his letters and the need for it. Christ was the only person to be reborn into the spirit becoming a spirit being.
"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' John 3:6
That is the hope of all Christians to receive the second birth and be translated into a spirit body.

The immortal soul is a Platonic idea enveloped in the Greco-roman philosopher's mind and his contempt for the physical attributes.
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. Eze 18:4

The Soul that sins shall die. The living person that sins shall die. End of story.

Popular christian doctrine would have you blaspheme that scripture with the understanding, the person that sins will die, BUT his soul will go on living in some abstract state capable of thought and feeling. It's a lie used to perpetuate more lies about eternal torment, purgatory, abraham's bosom and the whole other bag of gnostic and platonic ideas that have no biblical precedence.

U also seem confused. Saying one thing and then quoting things which contradict you, then trying to spin it to mean and support what u want it to mean.
What spirit goes unto God?
What second birth is possible in an immortal and transformed body made of divine light? What is second death? What is 'to kill him, but killed him not, for he was ascended into heaven?

What you must realize is that there are 2 deaths, and 2 forms of death and 2 meanings to the word death.

There is physical death and there is spiritual death.
Not everywhere in spiritual text will the death spoken of be and mean the same thing to you a physical being as it does to God. For you a physically bound being, death means anything that no longer carries a physical body in this realm. To God that is only 1st death, as true death is for your flame to be 'snuffed out'. And it is clear that this does not have to be the case. Because the entirety of spiritual texts aim to teach one how to achieve self perpetuation of that flame.

The spirit breathes... but it doesnt breathe oxygen. Oxygen is what it uses to sustain the body. It provides the ability of the body to breathe. This is the breath. The breath of life. Again as a physical being you will see this only from the perspective of your physical existence. Even though i am speaking to you of both sides.

Clearly, you have lost faith if you no longer believe in God's promise, and to state it impossible to for a being to exist without a physical body. Clearly you have lost faith if u revert to the pointless existence philosophy of the atheist.

Those things which are dead to you are not of this world. Thus you consider things of another world dead. Because this primitive existence is all that you know. Because ur lack of development has robbed you of the tools to perceive. Being fox and grapes about it will not guilt trip God into giving you revelation.

It is clear, Heaven and God's grace are granted only to those of the strictest faith as guardians of God's creation. Of all the suffering beings in this physical realm who need so much prayers to uplift. Until you get it, you will not be right in God's sight. In your heart you must see the wisdom of agreement of all God's advice. Not with your mouth or your mind's logic.

It is also clear, that there is a way out of death. As one can 'conquer' death and 'not feel it's sting'. As the prophets and christ who dwell with God in Heaven. Have their 'thoughts' ceased also?

Be careful the God u create. If u adopt an impotent God that god will be your god and ur god alone.

Learn the difference. God exists in the realm of the dead. But he is not dead. That is not a contradiction. That is just you having trouble wrapping your mind around how extreme heat can be cold and how extreme cold can burn.

Therefore it should be known to you a mere mortal man, that the magnificent power of this creation will confound you, lest you are made aware and learn the mysteries of creation from God's spirit. One of these is the ability to be dead, but alive. Who are you really fooling to claim that you understand it all... but you dont... do you? So how do you take a strong position whilst knowing yourself to be in ignorance of a great many things. How shall you gain God's light if you choose to believe things which contradict his instructions?

Remember that if you serve a false God then it is that God that must grant you everlasting life in the spirit. No your thoughts do not go away when you ascend. On the contrary, the earth becomes your 'footstool'. I hardly think that something truly dead can utilize a footstool, or utilize anything for that matter.

I just warn you. Your false God promises you death and you wish to serve it in rebellion for God not granting you light. A blackmail of a spirit perhaps? I advise against this method in attempting to gain God's light of revelation.. the apocalypse.

When you choose to see the wisdom of God's plan and aid him in it because it is good, not for reward or blessing, but because your heart wishes good for the world, then you are aligned with the mind of God. Then you will receive light. When you prove to him that you would sacrifice yourself if it would save the world.

The selfless act.

So you see.. this world as ive said before is a maze and a series of traps meant to weed out false and degenerate souls from entering God's heavenly realms. There is no trick you can come up with that the creator will be fooled by into giving you light. You have to choose to be obedient and see the wisdom in the teachings. The road is straight and narrow. Sneaking up on the flank will still bring you failure. There is only one way. One path carved for man to travel. Through the wilderness, the thistles and the thorns, a path was cut so that you can walk on. Stray from the path and you will be walking through thick brush.

bluesclues
punchin NOS

Postby bluesclues » April 1st, 2017, 1:19 am

sMASH wrote:Sounds familiar.

What you have to ask is which of those people you speak to have received God's light and awareness of his spirit. Ask them which has received revelation? Ask them if they have been granted grace and that everlasting life. From pundit to pandit. How does one who has not achieved guide another? The blind leading the blind. Pull the wool out of your own eye first, then you can try to remove the wool from your brothers'. How are you led to salvation by someone who himself has not been saved? How do you believe in this. If they know so much of the right thing to instruct you how come they themselves have not been saved as of yet? Christian muslim hindu. Which of you know God's spirit. Which imam knows more than one in mystic converse with God? From his scholarly work? Who knows more about horses? The stable owner or the man who has seen pictures of horses.

Ask yourself. What do you really KNOW? And what are u guessing about? Men eating pork men not eating pork still between the 2 neither of u are saved as of yet. So maybe is something more than pork.

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » April 1st, 2017, 5:50 am

Romans 14:2 KJVS
[2] For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Lol

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”